Player Away Thread

Barnum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, 

I am grading finals and finally graduating from college (i.e., being formally hooded for my Ph.D). 

In order to do so, Electra and I are driving 20 hours without a break, starting at 8 PM tomorrow night. 

We will then spend time with my parents, then drive another eight hours to the house of Electra's parents, and be there through the holidays. 

While we will be around, things will also be craaaaazy! 

FYI, my current family plans have me heading out of town tomorrow (Monday, December 23rd) around 6ishpm. I'll be out of town until Wednesday (Christmas Day). Won't have forum access during that time. Leaving might be delayed until Tuesday, depending on weather, roads, etc. 

So, in recognition of that, I'll go head and wish everyone a Merry and Blessed Christmas!!! 

On top of normal yuletide disruptions, my mother has had some semi-serious health concerns. Nothing terminal or dangerous, but she has been too the hospital a few times due to cardiac arrythmia - ill spare the details, suffice to say that whilst it is nothing to particularly worry about, one still worries, and I am dashing to and from my parents a lot - so little time (which is not the same as no time) for this 'ol place right now! Hopefully things will settle soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

So over the weekend and yesterday my mother was admitted twice to hospital, where she still is. It is nothing life - threatening, but still, taking its toll on everyone. 

Things are a bit pressed and chaotic. I will try to post where I am up, but for now, my energy, time and will to post are somewhat depleted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be a bit more flaky than usual.  One of my coworkers hit a deer with their car, don't worry he's alright, but his car got trashed, so I've got to help pitch in to cover his workload, and we're working on the monthly close & budgeting for the new fiscal year so things are even crazier than normal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

My military conscription service is coming up. I get drafted at 10th of March, the service would be about 9 months total. The first month is trainning in a remote base, with little-to-no internet connection availability, so I'll have to drop from posting for at least that much. My sincere apologies for all the games I'm currently in that this causes an inconvinience.

Fool that I am, I signed up to run from the Dead Sea to Aqabah in a relay half-marathon. I am not sure how much internet access I will have there, if any, but I will return to Amman on Saturday night and catch up with anything I've fallen behind on. Sorry for the inconvenience!