Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonfire night tomorrow and general real life business mean I will be spartan in my postage for the next few days...

And all I can picture is V going, "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."

The combination of a few very busy days and a bad cold has lead yo a really rotten chest infection. I should probably be off work but am dragging myself in, to flop into bed for a sleepless slumber of coughing every day.

IM knackered. Barely have the will to make a cup of tea, so sorry it will proba be the weekend before I have any atom of energy.

Turned out to be a urinary tract infection (to which I am prone) dancing up to the kidneys. Antibiotics are great.

However, as often happens with these infections it has wiped me. Perhaps having a cold at the same time pushed me over the edge (I normally fight off colds fast). But its turned into post - viral (and bacterial) fatigue. So forgive me if I am v low on energy for the next few weeks whilst I recover...!

OK, no more "sabbatical." No more logging into the chatroom, no more posting on the board. I'm done here, for real. I appreciate the sentiment from everyone who hoped that I would come back, but I'm not coming back, ever.

"Wait, you haven't played in over a year now. Why bother making this post?"

Good question. The answer is that this is my official announcement that any and all player character legacies that I was sitting on are now, as far as I'm concerned, officially up for grabs. Feel free to do whatever you want in-character with my PCs - retcon them, kill them, whatever you want or have to do to make room for the next person who wants to play The Scarab or the child of Thor or whatever. Any character ideas I ever talked about that you wanted to use, if any, feel free, now's your chance. Go nuts.

DokA, Sorus, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying up to Washington to visit some family from the 14th through the 17th; I'll have some presence, and I'll be trying to check threads and the like, but I probably won't be in chat and certainly won't be around much at all until I get back.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's that Season again. And you know what that means, besides Merry Christmas! ?

I'm going to be out of town, starting tomorrow (Saturday) until Wednesday (5 days total). I don't anticipate much, if any, internet access in that time. So I'm basically "going dark" for most of the next week.

So with that in mind, I'm going to use this chance to wish everyone on the board: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

My internet's working... sort of. For some reason it's coming and going in spurts. It doesn't help that my schedule got flipped around for work, so now I'm working the morning shift instead of the night shift. No posts from me today, but I super-promise I'll get back on my posts first thing tomorrow evening; rain, shine, or radioactive squirrels from the Seventh Dimension!