Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The laptop is dead. Or wishes it was. It makes horrible screaming beeping noises upon start-up.

Which leads me to believe some keys are stuck, so I'm going to try some deionised water up in this hizzy. Either way, not gonna be about at all for a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be leaving for Colorado this Saturday, June 23rd, and I won't get back home until the Sunday after next, July 1st. I don't intend to post much during this period, so this is a head's up for my GMs and players.

• 2 weeks later...

Between work, and particularly my boss, being awful, a thousand and one things to juggle with house moving / buying and catching a rotten cold, I have been completely drained of any energy this week - hence not posting.

Hopefully by the weekend I may have enough oomph to post a little but I am completely wiped out at the moment :cry:

My sincerest apologies for being more MIA than usual the past few days. Part of it has been work-related -- they've moved all the library servers from the old/current library to the new one (which opens Dec 2012), and since almost all of us here are on "virtual machines," no server = no computer. (Upside: our desks are really clean now, and our invoice & license files have never looked better!) This process started this past Friday afternoon, and getting everything hooked back up took longer than expected; it's now Thursday afternoon, and some of us are now back up & running. Part of it has been electrical problems at home; the big storm that blew through the East coast over the weekend knocked out my power for several hours Saturday evening/Sunday morning, preventing me from starting the monthly post-counts as early as I'd like. A larger part is several personal issues I'm trying to work through, and am still working through, which is why I've not only not been on at all the past few days but also why I've not been on very much the past few months. I am making some progress with some of the issues, but others have a long way to go.

I would like to thank AvengerAssembled, Gizmo, supercape, and trollthumper for keeping things going in my absence, and Sorus for keeping the site itself running. And thanks to all of you, for making this such a creative and mutually-supportive community.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a 100% away thing, but a head's-up that next week I start my new job (yay!). Jobs eat time. More specifically, 1&1 Internet has me on a 3pm-11pm CST shift, so...I'll be on late mornings/early afternoon, and then for a few hours in the really early morning, at least M-F. I'll work to keep up in all my threads, but I'm likely going to restrain myself from starting a bunch of new stuff that first week or two until I have a better sense of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you're feeling better, TA.

In the meanwhile, we're doing a lot of heavy lifting at work this week, which means I'm more often than not going to come home feeling like someone's scooped out my brains and replaced them with porridge. I'll try to get some posting done this weekend, but I make no promises during the week.