Holiday Cheer! [OPEN]

Thevshi

Grimalkin

The lovely fae crinkled her nose and shook her head. "You worry too much, you adorable spectre; for one thing, only one of us needs to be a good dancer. Don't worry, I'm going to make you look amazing out there. Here-" 

She took his left hand in her right, placed his other one around her waist, and then closed her eyes; as she did so, her body subtlety adjusted its proportions (height, weight, etc) to ideally match him as a dance partner, until they fit together like two peas in a pod.

"There, much better! Shall we?"

Edited by Heritage
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadowborne 

Muirne smiled up at Luke as he asked to dance, although there was a nervousness to it. "That sounds lovely Fýrdraca." She is silent on her way to the dance floor, pensive. Like she's turning something over on her head again and again and again.

Finally, as she holds him close to dance, her skill allowing her to dance with ease despite her mind clearly being elsewhere. Her voice is quiet when she speaks, pitched so only Luke could hear. "I want you to promise me to keep this a secret. Even more than my identity or anything else. The only people who know are Vanguard, and a small selection of researchers and officials in England." Her face twists in mild irritation, "And Charlie. I didn't tell him, he found out somehow. But please, promise you won't tell anyone else, not Bernadette, not even Leon." She looks up at him, pleading with her eyes. 

Edited by Kaede Kimura
21 hours ago, Thevshi said:

Mutli-Girl

As Charlie received information about the arrival of Doktor Archeville, Bernadette had been looking into the mirror she had earlier used to reapply her lipstick. The redhead was trying to get her wild curls back under some semblance of control, after having put on and taken off the Christmas sweater for her performance, with somewhat mixed results. In the reflection she saw Charlie flinch, but then relax, figuring he would tell her if it was important the Irish teen did what she could and then then turned back to him.

Bernadette gave Charlie a wide smile at his question. "Well, it was very nice, but maybe we should give some o' the other couples a chance ta make use o' it as well? Plenty o' time fer more o' that later.” She said as she took his hand, letting him lead the way as they went back out into the party.

The STORMCROW

Charlie can't help it. He should be focusing on Bernie here, letting others deal with Archeville... but... "Seems like there's some trouble happening." He doesn't want to lie to her about things. Then, the feed on his glasses show Ashley confronting him. Alright. Then it should be dealt with. "Seems like Patriot's handling it, so they should be fine."

Taking Bernadette's hand, Charlie leads her out onto the dance floor. "Would you believe that the Raven trained me in dancing too?" he asks, grinning at her. True or not? He's not letting it show.

La Puma Negra

Carmen took a deep breath as she held onto Micheal's hand. He'd find it by her side, a blush forming under what would be the black fur, tail going straight as she was for the first time in her young life being asked out to dance with someone. A strange feeling in her stomach, as if she was queasy, and yet she'd endure for now. It was all just in her head after all. Such things would pass. However, it was getting rather difficult as due to the fact that as much as she wanted to just leave when things got like this, she couldn't unable to find her will to make him let go of her hand, and so followed him, even briefly when they Spaceman, or Parker as slowly got out the idea of their super alias's out of their heads took Vicki away to dance, leaving just them as they hit the dance floor along with the other guests dancing.

"It's... it's okay Micheal... you can call me just Carmen," she spoke for the first time after agreeing to dance with him, some of her courage coming back to her, getting her bearings. He'd see that she had been looking down towards her shoes before then, only now looking forward towards him with a smile, "I don't really know how to either."

How Puma was positioned, she couldn't see whom had entered causing a small commotion, not that she could even concentrate to begin with at this point in time.

Multi-Girl

When Charlie mentioned possible trouble and the Patriot going to deal with it, Bernadette had tried to take a look around the lobby, slowing down slightly. "Are you shoor we shouldn'…..whoa!" The redhead had been saying before almost being pulled off balance in her heels as Charlie had continued on and she had to speed back up.

3 hours ago, RocketLord said:

The STORMCROW

Taking Bernadette's hand, Charlie leads her out onto the dance floor. "Would you believe that the Raven trained me in dancing too?" he asks, grinning at her. True or not? He's not letting it show.

As they reached the dance floor, she gave him a wide grin. "Really, teach ya somethin' with no real practical use? I mean, it's not like it could be useful in, I don' know, blendin' in at a fancy party durin' an' undercover investigation or anythin'." She said, her words dripping with sarcasm. Soon the two were out among the many guests that had followed Velocity out onto the dance floor. While neither were near as good as the speedster or Muirne, they were both good dancers and probably the most evenly matched pair currently on the dance floor.

"Then we'll figure it out together." He modulated his voice to something soft and supportive, he could tell the anxiety going on here even if he maybe wasn't completely sure what was causing it. But he kept a grip on her that was strong enough to be supportive without feeling like he was trapping her.

"And if you need to leave or go somewhere else, I'll clear a path for you myself. Trust me on that one. Ignore everything going on except the music and the fact we're dancing. No one is paying attention to us, they're all caught up in their own stuff." He was giving a speech like the quarterback psyching up his offensive line, but he could barely focus himself, trying to split his attention between multiple points; Carmen. the other dancers. The Old Geezer. Carmen. Had that been Owain in that big pile that he had maybe noticed? Should he have stopped? He did look cute. He had promised Vicki a dance too, but Parker was keeping her company for now. What was going in in the other room anyway, he didn't have super senses to be able to tell, so he was effectively left out of whatever was going on but man he was curious. Carmen's fur was soft, that was nice. Did he mention Carmen. 

His brain definitely couldn't keep up with everything going on at that point; he couldn't be curious about what was going on in the other room, dance with Carmen, watch out for the other dancers, and make sure Carmen wasn't getting too anxious all ay once, so rather than burn himself out, he shut most of it off, keeping his focus on Carmen. That much he could manage. His face went from a look of concentration to a much more relaxed and casual one as he and Carmen danced, finally letting go of all the schmoozing and plotting and planning he had been doing, and instead just enjoying himself. Finally he produced a genuine smile.

Edited by Poncho

Predator 

Jean was about to apologize. She hadn’t meant to cause her friend any offense, but sometimes she misinterpreted social nuances. The sudden shift in her drinking companion’s attitude stopped her though.

The seemingly carefree Copycat was gone, and in her place was the serious Patriot.

Jean stiffened and followed Patriot’s gaze. She stood up after her and fell instep behind her. The subtle sound of air being displaced and the change in the weight of her steps accompanied the Predator armor phasing in from Z-space as she walked.

Predator came to stand behind Patriot. The smooth reflective surface of the helmet regarded the newcomer. Inside, she called on the suit’s AI.

‘Cynthia, identify target.’

The computer quickly scanned him and reported its findings.

‘Doktor Viktor Archeville.’

It identified him, echoing what Partiot had called him.

“Please do not cause a scene.”

Predator’s calm voice came through the helmet’s speakers.

The information Cynthia compiled though offered little help. Public records were spotty, and government files she had access to were heavily censored and redacted.

Oh, how she missed her old systems. She needed to dig deeper, sooner rather than later.

Doktor Archeville

Viktor raised his hands, slowly, palms facing forward, fingers splayed out.  "You are both unfamiliar to me," he replied calmly to two two who had confronted him, "which is not that surprising, given how long I have been away.  But you clearly know me, or at least know of me.  And if you are here, in Freedom Hall, on such a festive occasion," he glanced around at the decorations, "I must presume that you are guests and thus trusted by the city's heroes."

Not immediately opening fire on me is also a positive sign.

"Is there someone in charge I might speak with?  Is, ah," he thought back to the last time he'd visited the Hall, "is Comrade Frost around?"

Jack of all Blades

Chris' phone buzzed insistently, one of the handful of exceptions he'd left on for the party letting the notification through.

"Fearless" "Leader"

<owain just sent me a picture of architecture

<archery

<..."Fearless" "Leader" is typing.

There was a brief pause before the next message.

<Archeville at your party

<typing while running make fun later

<make sure kids are safe then get eyes

<..."Fearless" "Leader" is typing.

<please

Immediately afterward Owain's own message received a reply.

Mr. Espadas ⚔️

<STAY AWAY

<... Mr. Espadas ⚔️ is typing.

<owain listen its good you sent this but I need you to find one of the heroes we talked about

<flour velocity or someone else

<FLEUR

<stay safe keep neko safe

<cassie if chris brought her

Another notification popped on on Owain's phone for a different text message thread before he could reply.

VINCE

<Hey hey!

<How's my favourite shining knight this silent night, huh?

<Could I get you to turn on all the wireless connections on your phone and pop it over near one of the computers in the Hall?

<No biggie, nothing to worry about, just... well!

<Y'all had family shouting matches at holiday parties in Camelot, right?

On 1/3/2024 at 5:06 AM, Heritage said:

Grimalkin

The lovely fae crinkled her nose and shook her head. "You worry too much, you adorable spectre; for one thing, only one of us needs to be a good dancer. Don't worry, I'm going to make you look amazing out there. Here-" 

She took his left hand in her right, placed his other one around her waist, and then closed her eyes; as she did so, her body subtlety adjusted its proportions (height, weight, etc) to ideally match him as a dance partner, until they fit together like two peas in a pod.

"There, much better! Shall we?"

GHOST

"Neat trick," Ghost says, as Grim grows while he holds on to her. It's a weird feeling, her proportions changing in his hands, her hand and waist shifting and then... She is just there. "Yeah, if you're fine with it, at least."

Casper does his best, but he didn't lie. He is in no way a good dancer. The only reason that he isn't constantly stepping on Grim's toes is that he keeps ghosting his feet just before he woulds step on them.

"Sorry, but I told you I wasn't any good at this. Still, it's pretty nice." 

One of Grim's hands in his hand, his other still on her, he does his best. Maybe things are finally looking up a bit for the Ghost?

Stesha smiled at Ghost as he arrived and departed, making a note to talk with him later once he and Grim had done their turn around the dance floor. She hadn't seen too much of the newer hero lately, but he seemed to have settled in well, according to what Velocity had mentioned in their talks. Speaking of Velocity, Stesha was going to have to find her later to congratulate her on the several performances she'd put on, as well as the reveal of her face after all these years, but it looked like Meghan was having too much fun on the dance floor herself at the moment. It did look fun...

She found a cookie for Basil and was thinking about taking him upstairs to the child care area when Kid Gawain approached her, looking courtly and slightly uncomfortable as seemed usual for him. She gave him a smile of warm politeness as he approached, then turned with him as his attention was diverted by the new arrival. "Oh boy..." she murmured, her thoughts suddenly running a mile a minute. "He did always love to make an entrance." Briefly considering her options, she tapped Owain on the shoulder as he finished whatever text he was sending. "Could you do me a big favor?" she asked, barely pausing before passing him the toddler. "Just look after Basil for a few moments while I go, hmm, talk to people?" Basil didn't look entirely pleased, but remained momentarily pacified by his sugar cookie.

Smoothing her dress and straightening her wreath as she approached the growing knot of people, Stesha put on her most practiced diplomatic smile as she joined up, every line of her posture suggesting that she intended to take charge of the situation. "Victor!" she said, voice friendly and careful, "it's such a surprise to see you here tonight! I didn't even know you were on-planet! She reached out and, if he allowed it, put her hand lightly on his arm, nudging him towards an emptier part of the room. "We should catch up."

On 1/1/2024 at 3:12 AM, Dr Archeville said:

Horrorshow

Chris & Liz saw the six-armed juggler's legs fuse into a one trunk, squash down into a ball, then narrow into something like a unicycle wheel, skidding back and forth, all without interrupting his performance.  He even waved at them with one arm, "hey, folks!  We've always got room for more!  Don't worry, your little one will be safe as... well, as if the Freedom League themselves were here!"

The balls suddenly disappeared (absorbed back into a pouch which had appeared on his back) as his arms shifted, the forearms and hands becoming the torsos and heads of Captain Thunder, Centurion, Daedalus, Lady Liberty, Johnny Rocket, and Siren, all as they'd looked in their prime (though much smaller).  "Hi, kids!," they greeted in unison.

Cassie's eyes went wide. She'd grown up used to some frankly unusual stuff, even leaving aside superpowers her parents were both pretty eccentric people. But this was something. "Wow! Can you turn into anything?" she asked with child-like wonder.

Liz made a polite face, nodding. "Uh... so you're gonna be fine here, right?"

Behind her, Geckoman was looking at his phone, a concerned look on his face. "Uh... Honey, I've got a work call."

Liz wheeled, rolling her eyes. "Come on, we're in a room of superheroes, surely someone else c-" Chris angled the phone to her. "Oh this is gonna turn nasty, right?" They both turned and gave a hurried goodbye to Cassie. "OK be good we'll check in soon."

By the time they'd rounded the corner they were running, Liz as fast as she could manage in heels, Geckoman at a light jog so she could keep pace. "So what's the plan here, Green? Get 'eyes' on him?" she asked, a little bitterly. The two came to a screeching halt at the balcony overlooking the hall.

Chris looked at her incredulously. "F&^k no, I'm gonna go stop this fight from breaking out."

"People are angry at him for a reason, Kenzie. What exactly are you gonna do? Take on everyone with a justified grievance?

Geckoman straight up laughed and took her hand. "Hey, I can hang, I'm not that old yet." Liz snorted. The two weaved their way through the crowd, getting there just as Fleur de Joie did. "Hey, as always, loving the green. Hi, Dok, long time no see, listen, man..." Liz's hand clamped over his mouth as she smiled sweetly. 

She extended the other hand to Viktor. "I'm Elizabeth, I believe we have some things in common." Liz gave him a long, tired look. She'd never actually done anything as bad but she did understand what it was like to not necessarily be forgiven. "I think she's got a fine idea, don't you?" She inclined her head towards the green-haired woman. 

Edited by Ecalsneerg

Doktor Archeville

Viktor's eyes narrowed as Stesha approached, then widened as a smile broke across his face, "Fleur de Joie!  Oh, finally, a familiar face!"  He did not pull back from her touch, though kept his hands up and palms splayed.  "Yes, I, ah," he laughed weakly as he let her guide him & the quickly growing crowd to someplace a bit more remote, "I had not expected to be here, either, but, well," he shrugged, "Christmas is a time of miracles, ja?"

"Geckoman!," he exclaimed, taking a quick hop back.  "It's go-," he cleared his throat, "it's good to see you.  You're looking well!  Oh, hello," he nodded to Liz, gave her a quick wave, then looked back to Chris, "are the," he craned his neck a bit to get a better look at the crowd, only now realizing just how big it was, "are the others here?  They are... well... I guess it could be said that they are why I'm here."

On 12/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, Gizmo said:

"And Tempie! My sister from another blizzard!" She threw an arm around Temperance without letting go of Abby with the other. "Oh. My. Goodness. Should we turn the dance floor into a skating rink?! No, that's crazy! But is it, though?!" She was momentarily distracted from that plan by Megan's virtuoso display of dance. "Ooooh, so she's like a fun mom, okay! WOO!"

"We should, at some point." Temperance looked around, really stopping to look at the other guests for the first time in a while. Some she'd known growing up here; others were new, cropping up ever since she'd moved to Emerald. She still came in to see her parents, but Freedom...

When did Freedom get so far away?

She shook her head. Maybe it was time to start juggling long distance. She hadn't done that for a while. Not since...

Not since something that had ended as it needed to. Anyway. Brighter things.

"We should pick the right moment. In the meantime, let's catch up. Emerald's been a pretty interesting town..."

Then her eyes fell back onto the new guest. She hadn't been in the thick of it when he'd had his little "save the world from itself" moment. But she knew the ripples it had sent through the city. And now there seemed to be an aftershock.

"We might wanna hold off on the rink. It's getting real cold in here already." 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, Thevshi said:

Multi-Girl

When Charlie mentioned possible trouble and the Patriot going to deal with it, Bernadette had tried to take a look around the lobby, slowing down slightly. "Are you shoor we shouldn'…..whoa!" The redhead had been saying before almost being pulled off balance in her heels as Charlie had continued on and she had to speed back up.

As they reached the dance floor, she gave him a wide grin. "Really, teach ya somethin' with no real practical use? I mean, it's not like it could be useful in, I don' know, blendin' in at a fancy party durin' an' undercover investigation or anythin'." She said, her words dripping with sarcasm. Soon the two were out among the many guests that had followed Velocity out onto the dance floor. While neither were near as good as the speedster or Muirne, they were both good dancers and probably the most evenly matched pair currently on the dance floor.

The STORMCROW

"Don't worry. The League got it. Otherwise, I'm sure everyone here will just pile on, and that'll just be a mess," Charlie says, as he moves in closer for a moment, before pulling back. He's good, but Bernie is better, not that he minds. It beats his training, by far.

"No, no, you misunderstand. He trained me. Like, as my dancing partner." He pauses, while he moves in closer again for a moment. "The slow dances were very awkward." And he had made sure to delete all the security footage of that. "And sometimes he made me wear the vest. Trust me, you do not want to know about the vest. Just imagine that it's horrible."

Copycat 

"You came to the wrong continent if you're looking for Dimitri Peshkov," said Ashley evenly. "But I hear they throw a good Christmas party in Moscow." She considered if Archeville had really meant to call out the Russian super-agent who'd been operating on American soil for years as a character reference, then decided that hey, she couldn't blame that particular security gap on him - the League had just welcomed the ex-Soviet operative as one of their own for years before his return to Russia! 

Trusting Predator to keep an eye on Archeville as a precaution, she pulled her hand from her purse and hit the button on her phone that yellow-alerted the rest of the League. (If you asked her, they needed considerably more complicated and specific alert measures, but "please come here, caution" was easy enough to translate into a one-button push.) 

She looked profoundly relieved when Stesha arrived. "Yeah, let's talk," she said, keeping herself between Archeville, Fleur, and the crowd as they headed for a more secure part of the room. She was mindful that Archeville in his villainous days had gone in for mind control, but she was reasonably sure that her current state of annoyance and bafflement were not the product of emotional tampering. She tended to have a pretty good grasp of threats, and for the moment Archeville wasn't acting like one - at least, not one who knew he was one.

"You call your people?" she asked Chris softly. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing if the Interceptors showed up - but it would be good to know if they were. 

Owain 

Juggling urgent texts from his leader (a title Erik preferred over master, even though it meant something rather different to Owain than it did here) and a hungry toddler was a difficult task, but a true knight met adversity and mastered it. 

"That must be good!" he said, kneeling down by Basil and smiling at the green-haired boy. "You should eat it up!" 

Erik got in reply: 

NO HOSTILE MOVES. PLED SPIRIT OF SEASON. 

FLEUR + IVORYCAT? + ARMORED FOX?? + 🦎 + 🪄 

TEXTING NEKO.

A picture of the group (Fleur de Joie, Copycat, Predator, Geckoman, Spellbound) heading off with Archeville. 

He took a moment to text the situation upstairs to Neko, then another moment to chase Basil, who had run off with surprising speed for a boy his age, to grab another cookie and shove it into his mouth. "Well you are definitely going to be quite the crumbmonger!" he said, smiling at the little boy, who smiled at the game. 

Seeing no harm in helping the computer intelligence, he took a moment to connect his phone fully to the room's wifi, figuring VINCE was going to stage a broadcast in the area. 

Neko 

Neko looked at the text message from Owain relating to the arrival of her mentor's old nemesis, eyes widening, for a barely perceptible moment. She remembered the first time she had met a German, a cruel-eyed man who had made a crude comment about her relationship with Crimson Katana in her presence, and wondered if everyone from that nation was cursed. 

But then of course there was much to do. She put away her phone and smiled, clapping her hands three times as she moved quickly through the busy rooms. She and the others had worked out a signal that would let them know to go on alert without actually frightening the many superpowered tots they were watching, an innocous set of words that were just for them. 

"Oh it is so cold outside!" she said with a theatrical shiver, producing an illusory gust of wind and shower of snow over the children's heads. "We should close the doors and drink cocoa!" As she spoke, she checked for any loose children and was glad to see none, with even the new girl - Cassie - having slipped smoothly into play. "Leon and David, take the doors. Lulu and I will make a show for all the children to see, so we can stay warm. Come children!" she said in the middle of the largest room they'd set aside. "Come see us!" 

Velocity

Out on the dance floor, Megan had been enjoying herself while keeping a partial eye on the growing crowd on the dance floor. She was pleased to see most, if not all the Claremont students and many other young heroes had made their way out (including noting Lynn was dancing with Ghost). The blonde speedster also caught sight of her son dancing with Mizuki, which brought a small smile to her face.

But then she was pulled from those thoughts as her League communicator began to chime, and she slowed her movements some as she took it out and looked at it. A slight frown came to Megan’s face as she glanced around briefly. Deciding to take the opportunity with one of the songs in the current dance mix coming to an end, Megan quickly added a couple additional songs into the next in line to change things up some.

As the last song ended, rather than another more energetic dance song, Berlin's Take My Breath Away  began to play (it would be followed by Pink's Try) to given those on the dance floor a bit of slow dancing, before things would return to the faster tempo dance songs. And then Megan was gone from the dance floor in a yellow blur.

Moments latter, she was out in the lobby and had found the group gathered around Archeville. Although she did not immediately spot Viktor, her ability to process information far, far faster than normal meant that by the time she came up to the group, she was not showing any signs of surprise.

*WOOSH*

The sound of rapidly displaced air accompanied her arrival as the yellow clad speedster came up and slowed down to a more normal pace as she joined the group.

"Viktor, it has been a long time." The warm cheerfulness that had been in her voice throughout the night was gone, and Megan sounded as serious as Stesha or Ashley had ever heard her before.

Multi-Girl

5 hours ago, RocketLord said:

The STORMCROW

"Don't worry. The League got it. Otherwise, I'm sure everyone here will just pile on, and that'll just be a mess," Charlie says, as he moves in closer for a moment, before pulling back. He's good, but Bernie is better, not that he minds. It beats his training, by far.

"No, no, you misunderstand. He trained me. Like, as my dancing partner." He pauses, while he moves in closer again for a moment. "The slow dances were very awkward." And he had made sure to delete all the security footage of that. "And sometimes he made me wear the vest. Trust me, you do not want to know about the vest. Just imagine that it's horrible."

Bernadette was enjoying herself as she and Charlie danced, he had certainly learned well. But as he decided to further explain what he had meant about how he learned to dance, the redhead slowed her dancing slightly as she initially had a slightly shocked look. However, that was quickly followed by her having to struggle to not just double over laughing. The Irish teen eventually had to put one hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry, I shouldn' laugh." She managed to say as she finally regained some composure.

As she did, the current song indeed, and rather than one of the faster paced songs that had initially been playing, a slower song began. Bernadette looked at Charlie with a sly smile as she moved in very close, wrapping both hands up behind his neck. "Well, as torturous as that may have been, just look at as a necessary sacrifice fer bein' ready when a chance fer a more enjoyable slow dance presents itself."

Rot

Dancing felt good. Really good. After all the showing off, power plays, and schmoozing she had seen at this party, Consuelo was starting to question whether she was cut out for this superhero scene. But what else am I gonna do? Whatever. Worry about it later. And she got back to dancing her cares away.

Something shifted in the crowd, and she could tell people were worried about somebody that just showed up. Consuelo tried to get a view of what was going on, but couldn't quite manage. Several heroes that thought they should be the ones to deal with whatever was going on rushed over and did whatever it was they thought they had to do. Then the moment passed.

Hmm. Whatever.

And she kept on dancing. 

Tarrant had been on the far side of the room when Archeville made his dramatic appearance, and the spectacle of it had certainly been noteworthy - far more so when the alert went off and it got his undivided attention. That nonetheless left him and his dragon bringing up the rear - the former hanging back a few feet to keep an eye on everything that wasn't the good Doktor's distraction.

"You made quite the entrance," he said - neutrally, carefully, flesh and blood hands in his pockets as if he didn't have a half-dozen small stones hovering around him anyway. He'd never been half the diplomat Fleur was, but he could try. "It's a pretty young crowd tonight - in a few hours you'll be lucky if half the city doesn't know you've shown up. If they don't know you're here already, they will soon."

Torpedo Lass II

Just before the music changed, Mizuki paused for a moment, seeing Lawrence's hesitation upon seeing Dr. Archeville. "Something... up?"

"Tonight is all our nights... what's got your attention?"

She wasn't aware of the Good Doctor and his not so good past. All she knew is something got Lawrence's attention... someone she trusted.

Grimalkin 

Grim looked at Ghost and sighed. "You're not used to good things happening in your life, are you? You have that look like you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop."

She tucked her head into the crook of his shoulder and took a long slow contented breath as Berlin's synth classic played.

"You need to let the good things in from time to time; otherwise what's the point of living? Then you really are a ghost."

It was bliss for a few more pleasant moments before the changeling politely cleared her throat.

"But of course...having Viktor frickin' Archeville show up at your party is not the kind of thing a Leaguer is allowed to ignore."

She turned her head towards the direction of the gathering heroes, shook her head and sighed.

"That same damn German cologne."

Edited by Heritage
1 hour ago, The Sailor said:

Torpedo Lass II

Just before the music changed, Mizuki paused for a moment, seeing Lawrence's hesitation upon seeing Dr. Archeville. "Something... up?"

"Tonight is all our nights... what's got your attention?"

She wasn't aware of the Good Doctor and his not so good past. All she knew is something got Lawrence's attention... someone she trusted.

Timeout

Lawrence looked back too Mizuki when she realized he was a bit distracted. Giving her a smile, he shook his head. "Not anything I think we need to be concerned about right now. Just saw someone that my mom used consider a friend. It’s a long story, and there are far better things to be focused on tonight."

No sooner than the blond teen say that than the current song ended and the previously faster paced dance music gave way to a much slower tempo song. "Well, that seems appropriately timed." He commented as his smile widened and he offered Mizuki his left hand.