Character Edits, v5

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some spending is in order here!

Lady Winter

Take 1PP and add it to her strength (Just so its easier to calculate carrying capacity)

2PP to add to her Ice Control array and boosting everything up to 10...Except Strike (Which stays as is)

1PP to boost Protection up to 7

Last PP to boost her Fortitude save up to 6

Done by angrydurf

Okay, lots going on for Grim this month!

1. The major change is in her Glamour array; this used to be a 16pp array based off of Morph 8 (any humanoid) for a total of 21 pp including her 5 APs. What I did was spend 5 of her 6pp, but shifted it to Morph 7 (any form) for a total of 26pp including the 5 APs. Some of the APs I boosted a bunch (Enhanced Charisma by 4), some I only boosted a little (Emo Control to cap, Flight in pixie form by one) and others I pretty much left alone (Elongation/Insubstantial). Concealment is now 10 ranks for Total Concealment, but now has the Passive flaw.

2. Eliminated Leaping 2 and used those 2pp to give her another rank of Super-Movement, increasing her Wall-Crawling to 2.

3. Converted 4 ranks of Climb to 1pp, which combined with the last of my 6pp for the month added 2 ranks to Immunity, making Grim Immune to Suffocation.

It should all be good now, but I might have missed something.

[img=http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/Heritage367/024ydmedcrop.jpg]

[b]Character Name:[/b] Grimalkin

[b]Power Level:[/b] 15 (226/226PP)

[b]Tradeoffs:[/b] None

[b]Unspent PP:[/b] 0

[b]Diamond Status:[/b] 90/90 (32PP pre-bump, 52PP post-bump)

[b]Alternate Identity:[/b] Lynn Epstein

[b]Height:[/b] 5'3"

[b]Weight:[/b] 116 lb

[b]Hair:[/b] Brown, worn short and a bit spiky

[b]Eyes:[/b] Dark brown

[b]Description:[/b] A pretty young slip of a girl, Lynn typically wears ragged jeans, T-shirt, tennis shoes and a hooded sweatshirt during the day, but is wrapped in skintight leather of black and midnight blue, complete with domino mask, when she prowls the dirty streets at night. While she may appear to be a wee skinny thing, due to her faerie nature she's actually [i]much[/i] stronger than she looks.

[b]History:[/b] A young runaway from Atlantic City, Lynn Epstein turned to a life of panhandling and petty crime to survive; three years ago it became too much, and she crawled into a dark alley on a chill winter night to die, but instead awoke the next day transformed! For many months she used her powers selfishly, living the high life and swindling ‘suckers’, until one night she saw a young streetwalker attacked; the FCPD’s profound indifference to the crime appalled her, and she swore that night to use her powers to help those the Powers That Be would not help. Like a trickster goddess with a vengeful streak, her personal brand of justice might seem somewhat capricious, but she would never willfully take a human life.

[b]Personality & Motivation:[/b] Being that she's a shapeshifter, it's perhaps not surprising that Lynn is rather hard to pin down; she lives very much in the 'now', making few great plans and doing her best not to dwell on the past. Her emotions are intensely felt, and she can switch from playful to angry to sad almost in the same sentence. Lynn also finds comfort in the little things, everyday wonders like bike rides in the park, ice cream of nearly any flavor, and lazy afternoons spent lying in the grass; she never seems to have enough of the simple pleasures, which makes her cherish them all the more.

As a crimefighter, Grim is driven by many things: the desire to see a wasted life blossom once more, an end to cruelty, injustice and indifference, and a strong personal desire to constantly improve her technique. She likes teaming up with other heroes to see how she measures up and maybe pinch a trick or two, but she is frequently very self-critical of her own performance, to the point of downplaying her many successes. However, she’s still quite young and her confidence continues to grow.

[b]Powers & Tactics:[/b]

Grimalkin's powers come from her faerie nature; some of them are innate, such as her keen senses and high tolerance to cold, but many of them come from her ability to manipulate glamour, the very essence of the fey. Seeing as her body is now wholly composed of glamour, she can alter it in a number of ways, such as completely changing her appearance, making herself nearly undetectable, or eluding capture. She can also create various objects seemingly out of thin air (actually ambient glamour), which she uses as props, furniture or just her own amusement.

In combat, Grim prefers the stealthy strike to take better advantage of her razor-sharp claws; when forced into a 'fair fight', she uses her wits and charm to befuddle her foes to level the playing field.

[b]Complications:[/b]

Prejudice (the Wealthy) - Due to her lower middle class upbringing, Grim has a hard time sympathizing with the well-to-do

Sensitivity to Taunting - She can dish it out, but she can't take it. Verbal barbs have a way of really getting under Grim's skin.

Prejudice (Vampires) - While she makes an exception (with some difficulty!) in Avenger's case, Grim really doesn't trust bloodsuckers at all.

Short Fuse - Under the right circumstances, Grim can get very angry very fast, but usually cools down just as quickly.

Secret Identity - While she doesn't go to the impressive lengths of her teammate Jack of All Blades, Grim does wear a mask and use only her heroic name while in the field.

[u][b]Abilities[/b][/u] [46PP]

Strength 20 (+5)

Dexterity 26 (+8)

Constitution 18 (+4)

Intelligence 14 (+2)

Wisdom 12 (+1)

Charisma 36/16 (+13/+3)

[u][b]Combat[/b][/u] [24PP]

Initiative: +12

Attack: +6 Base, +10 Melee, +12 Claws

Grapple: +18

Damage: +5 Unarmed (+7 Sneak Attack), +10 Claws (+12 Sneak Attack)

Defense: +12 (+6 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -7, -5 flat-footed

[u][b]Saving Throws[/b][/u] [8+4+9=21PP]

Toughness +14 (+4 Con, +6 Protection, +4 Defensive Roll), +10 Flat-Footed

Fortitude +12 (+4 CON, 8PP)

Reflex +12 (+8 DEX, 4PP)

Will +10 (+1 WIS, 9PP)

[u][b]Skills[/b][/u] [28PP = 112 Ranks]

Acrobat 15 (+23) (Skill Mastery)

Bluff 15 (+28/+18) (Skill Mastery)

Climb 3 (+11)

Diplomacy 5 (+18/+8) (Skill Mastery)

Disguise 0 (+3, +38 Morph)

Gather Information 5 (+18/+8) (Skill Mastery)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 4 (+6)

Knowledge (Pop Culture) 4 (+6)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 9 (+11)

Notice 14 (+15) (Skill Mastery)

Perform (Dancing) 2 (+15/+5)

Search 14 (+16) (Skill Mastery)

Sleight of Hand 7 (+15) (Skill Mastery)

Stealth 15 (+23) (Skill Mastery)

[u][b]Feats[/b][/u] [40PP]

Acrobatic Bluff

Agile Climber

All-Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 4

Attack Specialization (Claws)

Connected

Contacts

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 2 (+4 Toughness)

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus 6

Elusive Target

Equipment 2

Evasion 2

Grapple Finesse

Improved Initiative

Move-By Action

Luck 2

Power Attack

Setup

Skill Mastery 2 (Acrobat, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Notice, Search, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)

Sneak Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Taunt

Uncanny Dodge 2 (Audio, Olfactory)

[u][b]Powers[/b][/u] [75PP]

[b]Comprehend 2[/b] (Languages: Understand all, Languages: Speak any one at a time) [4PP]

[b]Immunity 7 ([/b]Aging, Cold, Disease, Heat, Starvation and Thirst, Suffocation[b])[/b] [7PP]

[b]Glamour 7 ([/b]21PP Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power 5[b])[/b] [26PP]

[quote][b][u]Base Power:[/u] Morph 7 ([/b]Any Form of Same Mass, +35 Disguise[b])[/b] [21PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Concealment 10 ([/b]All Except Tactile, [i]Feats:[/i] Close Range, Selective, [i]Extras:[/i] Affects Others, Flaws: Blending, Passive[b])[/b] [12PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Elongation 5 ([/b]100ft[b]) + Insubstantial 1 ([/b]Liquid[b]) + Super-Movement 3 ([/b]Slithering, Trackless, Water-Walking[b])[/b] [16PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Emotion Control 15 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [Fear], Sense-Dependent [Vision][b])[/b] [15PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Enhanced Charisma 20[/b] [20PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Flight 4 ([/b]100mph, [i]Drawbacks:[/i] Power Loss [Wings][b]) + Shrinking 8 ([/b]Tiny, [i]Feats:[/i] Normal Movement, Normal Strength, Normal Toughness[b])[/b] [18PP][/quote]

[b]Protection 6 ([/b]faerie fortification[b])[/b] [6PP]

[b]Strike 5 ([/b]Claws, [i]Extras:[/i] Penetration 3 [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power, Improved Critical 2, Incurable, Mighty[b])[/b] [13PP]

[quote][b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Create Object 5 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Innate, Precise, Progression 2, Subtle, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Continuous], [i]Flaws:[/i] Range [Touch][b]; [i]Drawbacks:[/i]  Power loss: Contact with Iron)[/b] [7PP][/quote] 

[b]Super-Movement 4 ([/b]Slow Fall, Sure-Footed, Wall-Crawling 2[b])[/b] [8PP]

[b]Super-Senses 10 ([/b]Normal Hearing [[i]Extras:[/i] Accurate 2, Extended], Normal Olfactory [[i]Extras:[/i] Accurate, Acute, Extended, Tracking], Normal Vision [[i]Extras:[/i] Counters Obscure 2 {"Darkness"}], Danger Sense [Olfactory][b])[/b] [11PP]

[u][b]Drawbacks[/b][/u] [-8PP]

[b]Vulnerability ([/b]Iron, [i]Frequency:[/i] Uncommon, [i]Intensity:[/i] Major [+50% DC][b])[/b] [-2PP]

[b]Weakness ([/b]Iron, [i]Frequency:[/i] Common, [i]Intensity:[/i] Moderate, -1 CON / minute [10 rounds][b])[/b] [-6PP]

DC Block

Unarmed -- DC 20/Toughness (22 w/ Sneak Attack) -- Damage

Claws -- DC 25/Toughness (27 w/ Sneak Attack) -- Damage

[b]Abilities 46 + Combat 24 + Saving Throws 21 + Skills 28 + Feats 40 + Powers 75 - Drawbacks 8 = 226/226 Power Points[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[u][b]Equipment[/b][/u]

[quote name="Equipment"][i]Shared Equipment - Contributing 4ep[/i]

[b][u]Interceptors HQ[/u][/b]: [21ep]

[i]Size:[/i] Large; [i]Toughness:[/i] 10; [i]Features:[/i] Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Power 2, Power System, Security System 2, Workshop

[b][u]Defense System 1:[/u][/b] [b]Snare 10[/b]

[b][u]Power 1:[/u][/b] [b]Healing 9[/b] ([i]PFs:[/i] Persistent, Regrowth) [20pp]

[b][u]Power 2:[/u][/b] [b]ESP 6[/b] ([i]Visual, 20 mile range [all of Freedom City][/i]; [i]Extra:[/i] No Conduit; [i]Flaw:[/i] Medium – Surveillance equipment; PFs: Subtle, Rapid) [14pp] AND [b]Quickness 9[/b] ([i]Flaws:[/i] Limited to Search) [3pp] AND [b]Quickness 9[/b] ([i]Flaws:[/i] Limited to Notice) [3pp]

[b][u]MAVERIC[/u][/b] (Mobile Armored Vehicle for Emergency Response and Intercepting Criminals): [13ep]

[b]Size[/b]: Huge [2ep]

[b]Strength[/b]: 35 [1ep]

[b]Speed[/b]: 5 [5ep]

[b]Toughness[/b]: 10 [1ep]

[b]Defense[/b]: 8 [0ep]

[b]Features[/b]: 4 [4ep]

Features: Alarm, Caltrops, Remote Control, Smokescreen [/quote]

Done By Angrydurf

Wander:

+1 to Attack (2pp)

+1 to Defense (2pp)

+1 to Protection (1pp)

+2 to Strength (2pp)

Fleur de Joie

+1 Feature (Flowers and plants grow perceptibly when she is nearby and at rest) (1pp)

+2 Defense (4pp)

Miss Americana

Additions to Gina (1pp)

• Online Research (1spp)
    Beginner's Luck (1spp)
    4 ranks Diplomacy (1spp)
    Speed of Thought (1spp)
    Well-Informed (1spp)

Illusion 1 (biometrics field/Technology; All Senses; Flaws: Limited: "I'm a real boy!" 2; Drawbacks: Limited: Does not effect normal un-enhanced vision) [1pp]

Equipment: Headquarterses! (5pp)

House

Size: Medium;

Toughness: 10;

Features:

Computer,

Concealed 3 (+20),

Living Space,

Personnel,

Power System,

Security System.

Workshop

Cost: 11 equipment points.

Lab

Size: Medium;

Toughness: 15;

Features:

Laboratory,

Library,

Personnel,

Power System,

Security System,

Workshop.

Cost: 9 equipment points.

+1 pp to communal Lab

Done By Angrydurf

I have just noticed a problem with Supercapes Quantum Hole: ESP 20 and Teleport 20 linked power as an array. I would appreciate some advice on this:

The idea here was that as ESP would allow him to accurately sense a location, the Teleport 20 Long range would allow him to teleport to it.

However, long range teleport is a full action, and ESP is concentration duration (standard action) - so he couldn't use these simultaneously!

What is the ruling on this - would it mean he would need one round to scan (ESP) and then teleport (loosing the ESP as he takes the full action)? or should I buy up ESP to sustained duration (which solves the problem)

If the latter, ESP needs a compensatory flaw: Ideally increasing the action to activate it - although this seems cheesy - distracting (which makes sense, and seems to be allowed at GM permission if you have an accurate sense that isnt being ESPd - visual and mental in SCs case), or as a last resort, Feedback (damaging attacks can affect him - although this would only make sense for energy attacks)

EDIT: After discussing in chat: the best way to resolve is this:

1. Remove Radiation Immunity and Vacuum from Force field ( I will resolve this issue later) for 2 PP

2. Split the Quantum Hole into two separate APs (Quantum Hole and Quantum Entanglement)

AP: Teleport 20 "Anywhere in the universe": (Extras: Accurate; Flaws: Long Range PFs: Change Velocity, Change Direction, Progression (Mass) 3 [1000lbs] + Supermovement 2 (Dimensional 2 [Any non-mystic] PFs: Profression (Mass) 2 [1000lbs]) 52 PPs

AP: ESP 20 "Anywhere in the universe" (PFs: Dimensional 2 [Any non-mystic], Subtle) + Communication 20 "Anywhere in the Universe" (Radio medium; PFs: Dimensional 2 [Any non-mystic], Subtle, Variable descriptor -2 [Any energy medium]) 48 PPs

That should put Supercape at 172/173 PP with 1 PP left over.

Sorry for being a huge pain: I should have realised the problem with ESP and Teleport simultaneously.

Edits done by Geez3r

Time for Cobalt Templar.

First, a minor edit. In the History section, paragraph 5. Currently reads as follows:

So it was that Corbin Hughes, age 17 (and a half!) traveled to the ancient lands of the Middle East. There, he visited several ancient sites, including Jerusalem, Nazareth, Tel Megiddo, and Masada, to name a few. It was at Masada that his life changed forever.

Would like it to read like this instead:

So it was that Corbin Hughes, nearly age 17 traveled to the ancient lands of the Middle East. There, he visited several ancient sites, including Jerusalem, Nazareth, Tel Megiddo, and Masada, to name a few. It was at Masada that his life changed forever.
Next, Powers. I have 4 PP to spend. I want to add Protection 4 outside of his Device, and take 4 of the Protection points in the Device and convert them to Impervious Toughness 4. Relevant changes in the code blocks below. Combat section
Knockback: -1/-2/-6 (un-powered/without ring/with ring
[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 50 - 2 = 48PP

[b]Cobalt Power Ring[/b] ([u]Device 11[/u], 55dp, Hard to Lose; [i]Descriptors[/i]: Holy, Magic; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Restricted 2 [Only You]; [i]Drawbacks[/i]: [u]Power Loss[/u] [must be recharged every 24 hours, uncommon, 1 point], [u]Power Loss[/u] [failing will saves vs. fear, uncommon, 1 point]) [44PP]

[list][b]Holy Fire Control 7[/b] (14 points; [i]Descriptors[/i]: Holy, Magic, Fire;  [i]Power Feats[/i]: Alternate Power 4) [14+4=18 pp]

[list][u] BP[/u]: [b]Blast 7[/b] {14/14}

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Create Object 4[/b] ([i]Extra[/i]: Moveable) ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Progression (5 10 foot cubes), Stationary ) {14/14}

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Dazzle 7[/b] (Visual Senses) {14/14}

[u]AP[/u]:[b] Strike 4[/b] ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Mighty) {5/14}

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Telekinesis 7[/b] (Str 35, Heavy Load: ~1.5 tons; Range: 70ft Increments; Maximum 700ft) {14/14} 

[/list]

[b]Enhanced Attack 4[/b] [8pp]

[b]Enhanced Feat 1[/b] [Quick Change] [1 pp]

[b]Flight 5[/b] (250 MPH / 2,500 feet per Move action) [10 pp]

[b]Immunity 9[/b] (life support) [9 pp]

[b]Protection 2[/b] [2 pp]

[b]Impervious Toughness 4[/b] [4 pp]

[b]Super-Senses 3[/b] (Danger Sense [Radio], Darkvision) [3 pp][/list]

[b]Protection 4[/b] ([i]Descriptors[/i]: Holy, Magic) [4 pp]

Edits done by Geez3r

A few changes, mostly dealing with Shockwasp's status as a Glory Seeker, and the implications thereof. Though I admit a few of the crunch changes, I've just decided might work better for Wasp than what I've got.

In Brief: A bombastic, intelligent young hero who doesn't let being a quadriplegic keep him out of the spotlight.

Personality & Motivation:

Nikolas is a shameless optimist and idealist, whose hope for tomorrow, though dented and scarred, will not be broken again. That is not to say that he does not have emotions, he most certainly does, and they are as vulnerable as anyone's, it is simply how he copes that is different. Wisecracks and sarcasm are the weapon of choice against depression, though deeper issues may not be dealt with so easily. Nick's sense of humor is fairly dry most of the time, and snark is no stranger to him. However, he finds it very hard to tolerate harmful pranks or other "jokes" that cause real pain, physical or emotional. His friends are his life, and betraying their trust is a cardinal sin.

Nikolas is, in public, an optimist and idealist, constantly smiling, cracking jokes and, most importantly, making as large of a spectacle of everything he does as possible. Saving someone? Gotta pose for the camera and shout your battle cry while you do it! Fighting a villain? Gotta make the fight flashy, and exciting! And maybe get hit once or twice, just to keep things suspenseful. The citizens of Freedom know him as a vain, but ultimately good-hearted hero who's just focused a bit too little on saving people, and a bit too much on making sure he's seen doing it. However, behind closed doors, Nick becomes a somewhat different person. Still amiable, and very much preferring the company of others, he is, however, noticeably quieter, and more introspective. His words are softer, and he begins to show shades of being an absent-minded thinker, rather than just an out-and-out ham.

Ask anyone about Shockwasp's motivation, and they'd inevitably tell you that it was to be famous, adored by the masses of Freedom City, and hailed as a hero. This is little more than a fabrication. His greatest motivation is, unequivocally, his father. Or, more specifically, finding him. He knows that Arthur Vespin could be anywhere in the country, or the world, and that trying to search the whole Earth to find him would be dangerous, and almost certainly fruitless. Instead, he draws crowds and cameras, keeping all eyes on him. Because the more people are watching him, the better chance that one of those people will be Arthur Vespin. And if he sees his son, then maybe, just maybe, then his trail of rage and death will finally come to an end.

Powers & Tactics:

The Neural Exo-Skeleton and Tesla Emitter functions primarily through the large gauntlets and rocket boots, as well as fast-vibrating wings. Together, they allow Shockwasp to fly at speeds of up to 400 MPH. The gauntlets are also able to release powerful bolts of electricity, with type and intensity controlled mentally. With the same ease as moving his arm, Nikolas can fire lances of high voltage from his hands at opponents, incapacitating them. Deadly force is possible, but not considered an option.

The Neural Exo-Skeleton and Tesla Emitter functions primarily through the large gauntlets and rocket boots, as well as fast-vibrating wings. Together, they allow Shockwasp to fly at speeds of up to 400 MPH. The gauntlets are also able to release powerful bolts of electricity, with type and intensity controlled mentally. With the same ease as moving his arm, Nikolas can fire lances of high voltage from his hands at opponents.

Nick's fighting style is not about winning as much as it is winning spectacularly. No one wants to watch a boring hero. Taunts, bluffs, drawing out fights, unless there is immediate mortal danger to himself or others, Nick will try to make all his fights last. Only when the chips are truly down does he fight 'for real'.

Complications

Did Somebody Order A Large HAM! (Nick feels that he must be in the spotlight as often as possible, and will quite regularly do some rather unwise things while heroing, if it means keeping the crowds' eyes on him.)

Mr. Famous (Shockwasp is quite popular, but he's also garnered a reputation as a self-centered showboater who cares more about money and fame than helping people.)

Combat

Reduce Initiative from +9 to +5, for loss of Improved Initiative.

Skills

64r = 16pp

Diplomacy 8 (+11, +15 Attractive)

Notice 8 (+9)

Sense Motive 5 (+6)

68r = 17pp

Diplomacy 7 (+10, +14 Attractive)

Gather Information 7 (+10)

Notice 4 (+5)

Perform (Acting) 7 (+10)

Feats

23pp

Benefit 1 (Wealth 1)

Improved Initiative

26pp

Benefit 3 (Wealth 2, Status)

Connected

Well-Informed

Powers

Don't know how to put this in a neat old-new format without a massive amount of clog, but please remove the Immunity ranks from the Device, (Which lowers the DP to 50, the Rank to 10, and the PP cost to 40, total 40+20=60pp)

DC Block

If you could change my Blast (A)'s Save colum from Reflex (Staged) to Rf/Tgh (Staged), that'd be fantastic. It's not actually changing anything, but it'd a better clarification. Right now, it looks like you make a Reflex save instead of a Toughness save, rather than before it.

Total

Abilities (8) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (15) + Skills (17) + Feats (26) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (0) = 150pp

I know it's a lot, I'm sorry. :oops: :?

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Ironclad

:arrow: Add a Complication.

No Plans, No Prototype Jessica has a habit of putting prototype designs in her suit; between that and her constant tweaks, there's a chance that any given system could fail.

:arrow: Spending Clad's remaining 4 PP on skills. Should give me 16 skill ranks to play with. 6 ranks into Computer, 1 rank into Concentration, 10 ranks into Disable Device, lose 1 rank each from Craft/Mechanical, Craft/Electronic, and Know/Technology, and put 2 ranks into Notice. Should end up looking like this.

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] 52 r = 13 pp

Computers 10 (+15)

Concentrate 9 (+10)

Craft (Electronic) 5 (+10)

Craft (Mechanical) 5 (+10)

Disable Device 10 (+15)

Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+10)

Notice 8 (+9)

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Robin Cross

:arrow: Spending a point to buy another rank of Equipment, and rebuilding her HQs.

[quote name="Equipment"][b][u]PL 11 HQ[/u][/b] The Apartment

Unless otherwise noted, all features apply to both the apartment and the lab.

[b]Size:[/b] Diminuitive/Medium (1 EP)

[b]Toughness:[/b] +5 [0 EP]

[b]Features:[/b] 19 EP

[list]
[*][b]Alternate HQ[/b] The store

[*][b]Defense System 2 [/b]

[*][b]Dual Size[/b] The lab is size Medium.

[*][b]Laboratory[/b]

[*][b]Library[/b] And arcane library. Lab only.

[*][b]Living Space[/b]

[*][b]Power 3[/b]

[*][b]Power System[/b] The lab does not run off of electricity.

[*][b]Security System 3[/b] Disable Device DC 30. Only lets you into her apartment.

[*][b]Sealed[/b] Lab only.

[*][b]Workshop[/b] Lab only.[/list]

[b]Stun 11[/b] (Magic, ward; [i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save/Will, Sleep) [22 PP]

[b]Blast 11[/b] (Magic, ward, fire) [22 PP]

[b]Concealment 2[/b] (Magic, wards; ESP, Auditory) [4 PP]

[b]Force Field 11[/b] (Magic, wards; [i]Feats:[/i] Affects Insubstantial 2, Selective; [i]Extra:[/i] Impervious 11) [25 PP]

[b][u]PL 11 HQ[/u][/b] The Store

[b]Size:[/b] Small (0 EP)

[b]Toughness:[/b] +10 [1 EP]

[b]Features:[/b] 

[list]
[*][b]Defense System 2[/b]

[*][b]Library[/b] An arcane library.

[*][b]Security System 3[/b] Disable Device DC 30[/list]

[b]Stun 11[/b] (Magic; [i]Extra:[/i] Alternate Save/Will, Sleep) [22 PP]

[b]Snare 11[/b] (Magic) [22 PP][/quote]

DONE BY AA

Oh man, this was pretty long in coming:

BREAKDOWN

I would like to sink 10pp into getting another rank of Variable Power, please.

I would also like to add the following three "standard" forms to his sheet as per Dr. Archeville's request. These are for quick reference.

He now has 40pp to spend on VP :shock:

When listening to Rock music, BD typically becomes a hard hitting, hard to take down, reckless fighter:

Enhanced Strength 18 (total 30) [18pp]

Strike 4 (PF: Mighty, Accurate 2) [7pp]

Speed 3 [3pp]

Enhanced Feats 5: Attack Focus: (Melee) 5 [5pp]

Impervious Toughness 7 [7pp]

When listening to Trance, BD typically becomes lost in the music. It is difficult to affect him mind or body when he is like this, however, it weakens his attacks:

Enhanced Fortitude 7 [7pp]

Enhanced Will 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged) 5 [5pp]

Blast 10 (Sonic) [20pp]

When listening to Jazz, BD addopts the light, airy attitude of the music itself. This most iconic result of this music is Breakdown's flight, and his ability to project his emotions onto others.

Flight 5 [10pp]

Emotion Control 14 (Flaw: Sense Dependant: Hearing) [14pp]

Immunity 5 (Entrapment) [5pp]

Enhanced Reflex 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Feats 3 Fascinate (Perform: Dance), Teamwork 2 [3pp]

I would also like to spend one pp on skills buying him up to caps in Perform (singing), perform (dance), profession (dj), and knowledge (pop culture). Thanks!

Wesley gets 1 more rank of Mimic

Muse gets the immortality package

[b]Container 1[/b] (immortality; divine) [5pp]

[quote][i][u]Immortality[/u][/i] 3 + 2 = 5cp

[b]Immunity 3[/b] (aging, disease, poison) [3cp]

[b]Regeneration 2[/b] (Resurrection 2) [2cp][/quote]

and also Language 4 (English [native]; French, Greek, Italian, Spanish)

Done by AA

I've just realized that the following does not appear on Colt's sheet. I can't imagine how I missed this one.

Complications:

Significant Other - Grimalkin and Colt's long term relationship has developed into something greater than the bond shared by simple lovers. Colt cares deeply for Grimalkin and will go to great lengths to make sure she is protected.

Done by AA

Some skill/feat fiddling for Victory. I'd like the following removed:

1 rank of Reflex Save

4 ranks of Sense Motive

4 ranks in Escape Artist

4 ranks in Stealth

Redirect

To be replaced with the following:

8 Ranks in Knowledge (Tactics)

Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Knowledge (Tactics), Notice, Pilot )

Masterful Tactics (Ambush and Feint)

Masterplan 2

And bump the weakness to Magnetism back up to Moderate (+50%)

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Done by AA

Well, I put this off long enough. Gaian Knight's edits! 4pp to spend.

Sheet updated to meet new template standards. Assorted personality and description areas subtly changed to reflect his less wise-cracking nature. Age updated, as he apparently had a birthday in October. Who knew?

+2 to his Attack, bringing him up to caps (and slightly more competent with the sword, though not much). Grapple updated to match. [-4pp; 0pp to spend]

Bluff no longer suits him or his fighting style; dropping it as a retcon (he's never actually USED the skill, so I nimbly skip over plot holes). One of those bluff skill points goes into Sense Motive, the rest refund 2pp. [+2pp; 2pp to spend]

Without bluff, and with his combat style no longer suited to it, I'm dropping the Distract (Bluff) feat. [+1pp; 3pp to spend]

The array gets two points sunk into it (taking it up to rank 17), and loses an Alternate Power feat. [-2pp, +1pp; 2pp to spend]

Array changes are pretty straightforward: Create Object, both Damages, Burrowing, Move Object, Snare, and Transform all gain a rank (his damage powers are still slightly under-caps, but one's autofire and the other's a minion-sweeper, so....). I'm dropping the Environmental Control - it seems like something that's best stunted.

Last but not least, he gets two ranks of Protection, taking him up to a -3/+3 defense/toughness tradeoff, and bringing him to defensive caps for his PL. Knockback modifier updated to match.

[b][u]Character's Name:[/u][/b] Gaian Knight

[b][u]Power Level:[/u][/b] 11 (161/161)

[b][u]Trade-Offs:[/u][/b] -3 Defense / +3 Toughness

[b][u]Unspent PP:[/u][/b] 0

[b][u]Gold Status:[/u][/b] 11/30

[b][u]In Brief:[/u][/b]

Young professor, given powers over the earth by unknown forces, just out to do some good in the world.

[b][u]Alternate Identity:[/u][/b] Tarrant David McLeod

[b][u]Identity:[/u][/b] Secret

[b][u]Birthplace:[/u][/b] United States, west coast

[b][u]Occupation:[/u][/b] Professor of Earth Sciences, Freedom City University

[b][u]Affiliations:[/u][/b] none

[b][u]Family:[/u][/b] Parents (still on the west coast), Brother (location unknown; little contact)

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] 26 (DoB: October 1984)

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] male

[b][u]Ethnicity:[/u][/b] Caucasian

[b][u]Height:[/u][/b] 6'

[b][u]Weight:[/u][/b] ~160lbs

[b][u]Eyes:[/u][/b] green (now flecked with gold)

[b][u]Hair:[/u][/b] brown

[b][u]Description:[/u][/b]

A tall man seeming to be in his early to mid twenties, Tarrant’s fit but not overly muscular: he looks more like someone who spends a lot of time outdoors than someone who hits the gym five days a week. Short brown hair tops a charming face with amused green, gold-flecked eyes. Left to his own devices he trends towards simple, durable clothing (jeans, t-shirt, unadorned jacket), but dresses up a bit more for teaching (button-up shirt, vest, tie, and slacks). No matter what he’s wearing, his footwear is practical – “death before dress shoesâ€.

His heroing gear seems serviceable but a little slapdash: black fingerless gloves, heavy brown boots, dark jeans, dark red cloth over his mouth and nose, and a long brown hooded coat. Only three items are truly notable: first, a dull metal platemail chestpiece under the coat keeping the torso well-protected, apparently designed with an eye towards flexibility; second, a pair of round goggles completely obscuring his eyes; and third, an antique-looking but well-cared-for sword which never leaves his side.

[b][u]Power Descriptions:[/u][/b]

Gaian Knight leverages the abundant nearby earth for his effects, moving or reshaping it to his own ends, attacking from various angles to surprise his enemies or attack around cover. As a hobbyist sculptor he takes a bit of pride in the appearance of the things he makes, and if he's able he likes to add his own little artistic touches. 

His magic often causes a noticable earthy-gold glow that becomes more and more apparent as he does bigger and bigger things, starting around his hands, then his eyes, and finally his whole body (and any rock nearby). Though he rarely notices, long-term use of his power leads to little rocks following him around in the air.

[b][u]History:[/u][/b]

Young grad student Tarrant McLeod lived a pretty ordinary life up until a friend of his – an archeology student – called him up to help with a gigantic, mysterious cave they’d unearthed near an old ruined city. Upon entering and touching a distinctly out-of-place pedestal of polished stone he was transported to an unknown, seemingly endless plane of earth where a floating vision of a woman in flowing robes spoke to him in broken sentences and half-formed images, part of some ancient recording or ceremony; she called him the Gaian Knight, charged him with protecting “the swordâ€, and implied the purpose of this place was to empower a defender for the surrounding city when it was at the height of its grandeur. 

When returned to the cavern he found he’d been linked into the earth: he could feel the stone around him, shape it, move it. He also found a sword and scabbard on the altar where there had been none, and (unconsciously compelled to take it with him) made his way back outside more confused than enlightened.

Since then he’s spent quite a bit of time learning to control his power, and taking advantage of his new abilities to complete his schooling in record time. Offered a teaching job at FCU, he finally feels like he’s in a place in life where he can apply what he’s learned...in more ways than one.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation:[/u][/b]

Strange sense of humor and (sometimes forced) cheer; Tarrant’s a decent guy at heart, level-headed, stubborn, and somewhat 'salt of the earth' – he feels bad when he sees bad things happen, he wants to help when someone’s in need of help. He never paid much attention to superheroes growing up (something he regrets, now), but he has a new start and just wants to help people, even if he’s aware that may be naïve. Enjoys cheap magic tricks and carving/sculpting small art pieces in his spare time.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics:[/u][/b]

Tarrant is not a practiced fighter (he's pretty awful with that sword, too), and typically subsumes his combat nerves into wry comments and self-depreciating humor. That aside, his ‘fighting style’ is more or less as follows: Priority one: protect people who need protecting. Priority two: stay well away from anyone who looks like they can throw a punch. Priority three: protect yourself from anyone who looks like they can throw anything else...like a bus. Priority four: find a way to take down the enemy with as little possible trouble – trap them, bind them, hit them with a rock. Ambushes are good, and underground is better, where the rock is plentiful and tremorsense/nightvision give him an edge.

[b][u]Complications:[/u][/b]

[b]Honor:[/b] Chivalry. Respect and honor; he’s not an old-school knight, but even before the magic answering machine he was of the “won’t hurt a lady†sort, and though he’s not usually compelled to fight fair (since your average mook isn’t going to extend him the same courtesy) he can be easily convinced to listen to his opponent’s side of things...and to fight a fair battle against an enemy he knows (or thinks) is honorable.

[b]Responsibility:[/b] Professor. He tries to arrange his schedule (and the assigned homework!) as best he can, but he does have students to help and classes to teach.

[b]Secret:[/b] Identity.

[b][u]Stats:[/u][/b] 2+0+4+4+6+4 = 20pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 14 (+2)

[b][u]Combat:[/u][/b] 14+12 = 26pp

Initiative: +0

Attack: +7 Base, +11 Earthshaping

Grapple: +8

Defense: +8 (+6 Base, +2 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -7

[b][u]Saves:[/u][/b] 8+7+4 = 19pp

Toughness: +14 (+2 Con, +8 Protection, +4 chestpiece)

Fortitude: +10 (+2 Con, +8)

Reflex: +7 (+0 Dex, +7)

Will: +7 (+3 Wis, +4)

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] 72r = 18pp

Climb 4 (+5)

Concentration 12 (+15)

Craft (Artistic) 8 (+10) 

Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 13 (+15)

Notice 12 (+15)

Profession (Professor, Earth Sciences) 5 (+8)

Sense Motive 8 (+11)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+10)

[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b] 7pp

Dodge Focus 2

Equipment 2 (10ep)

Luck

Precise Shot

Taunt

[quote]Equipment wrote:

Goggles (Nightvision/Flash) [4ep] 

Customized Platemail Chestpiece [4ep] 

Masterwork Sculpting/Carving Tools [1ep]

Quality Rock Climbing Gear [1ep][/quote]

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b] 1+6+42+2+3+8+7+2 = 71pp

[b]Burrowing 1 ([/b]1mph / 10ft per Move Action[b])[/b] [1pp] (earth, magic) 

[b]Device 1 ([/b]"The Sword", 5pp, [i]Feats:[/i] Indestructible, Restricted 2 [Current Knight], [i]Flaws:[/i] Easy-to-Lose 2[b])[/b] [6pp]

[i]An old- and ornate-looking masterwork sword.[/i]

[device][b]Strike 4 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Mighty[b])[/b] [5pp][/device]

[b]Earthshaping 17 ([/b]34pp Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Accurate 2, Alternate Power 6[b])[/b] [42pp] (earth, magic)
[list]
[u]BP:[/u] [b]Create Object 15 ([/b]375-foot cube, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Continuous], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise, Stationary, Progression 2 [25-foot cube per rank][b])[/b] [34/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Damage 10 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Autofire, Range [Ranged], [i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Variable Descriptor [piercing, bludgeoning][b])[/b] [33/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Damage 10 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area [General, Shapeable], Range [Ranged], [i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Progression [2 cubes per rank], Variable Descriptor [piercing, bludgeoning][b])[/b] [34/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Burrowing 11 ([/b]2500mph / 25,000ft per Move Action, [i]Extras:[/i] Area, [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle, Progression [Reverse Area] 11 [Personal to 55ft radius][b])[/b] [34/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Move Object 17 ([/b]Strength 85: 500/1000/1600/3200/8000 tons, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited Material [Earth][b])[/b] [34/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Snare 11 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Obscure Senses 5 [All], Reversible[b])[/b] [30/34pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Transform 8 ([/b]Earth into Earth, 250lbs, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Continuous], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise[b])[/b] [33/34pp][/list]

[b]Flight 2 ([/b]25mph / 250ft per Move Action, [i]Flaws:[/i] Platform[b])[/b] [2pp] (earth, magic)

[b]Immunity 3 ([/b]Aging, High-Pressure Environments, Suffocation [Underground][b])[/b] [3pp]

[b]Protection 8[/b] [8pp] (earth, magic)

[b]Super-Senses 7 ([/b]Detect Earth [mental]; Accurate 2, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged[b])[/b] [7pp]

[b]Super-Senses 2 ([/b]Tremorsense [tactile], Ranged[b])[/b] [2pp]

[b][u]DC Block:[/u][/b]

[code]Unarmed                  16 DC/Toughness                        damage

Sword                    20 DC/Toughness                        damage

Autofire Blast           25-30 DC/Toughness                     damage

Area Blast               20 DC/Reflex, 20 or 25 DC/Toughness    damage

Snare                    21 DC/Reflex                           entangled, anchored, optionally sense-obscured
Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (26) + Saves (19) + Skills (18) + Feats (7) + Powers (71) - Drawbacks (00) = 161pp

Noticed an error in picking up an error in Slick:

Skills are actualy 32 ranks, not 44 ranks

I guess the 44 ranks came from counting Escape Artist +12. This is not part of skills, but represents the Enhanced Trait: Escape Artist +12 Power. Don't particularly want to pay for this twice!

This may have been my fault for format, although in my defence, got two approvals!

Accordingly, could the Regen 3 be reinstated (Bruised 1 / round no rest)?

Done by AA

A mid-month edit, hurrah!

Fleur de Joie:

I'd like to temporarily remove her immunities to sleep and starvation/thirst. That should free up 2pp, leaving her with 6 unspent total.

I'd like to take those PP and plow them into her HQ, using them in place of six of the nine Platinum Reward points I used to buy that thing, so that the end total is 6pp/3 reward pp.

That should leave me with 6 Platinum reward points to spend.

Wander:

Spend 6 Platinum reward points on Oliver, in place of the 6pp spent on him, bringing him to 0pp/12 reward pp.

Remove four ranks of Autofire 1 off Strike 0

Use that total 10pp to buy Autofire 2 on her Strike 0, with the +10 ceiling effect.

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

In addition to my last edit I'd like to append:

Muse

Drop her smites by three ranks, kill Speed of Thought and Reflex 10

bump Dexterity to 30. This is something's she's always had

Wesley

his con bonus is messed up it should be 46/14 (+18/+2) and changing everything that's associated with that (even the concentration due to the benefit :P)

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

A few changes, mostly dealing with Shockwasp's...

There were several math errors, both on the sheet and in your edit request. I fixed them, double-checked them, and worked in your edits as best I could. You wound up 2PP over budget, so I shaved down the new skills (mostly the Acting) to squeeze it all in. Please feel free to submit a new edit request as necessary.

Also please note that, as his WIS bonus is +1, not +3, his total Will save is +6, not +8. This has also been fixed.

You seemed to be a little confused as to how Ranged and Area powers work, so I took the liberty of not only fixing your DC block, but also including some quick notes in the individual power descriptions. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

In addition to my last edit I'd like to append:

Muse

Drop her smites by three ranks, kill Speed of Thought and Reflex 10

bump Dexterity to 30. This is something's she's always had

Wesley

his con bonus is messed up it should be 46/14 (+18/+2) and changing everything that's associated with that (even the concentration due to the benefit :P)

Sand, I don't understand the way you've phrased your edits. Could you be more specific?

Ironclad

The math checks out. However, the math checks out for one reason: Her battlesuit is currently 2PP under-budget, because she was paying for the Computer feature twice, and because I removed the "Communications" feature. It will not fly. It never should have.

Features are intended for either small abilities that no other existing powers cover, for super-powered versions of Feats, and for fluff traits. Features are not supposed to be back-door ways to bypass the costs of existing powers. "Communications" is a 1EP feature for vehicles and headquarters because that's how every power works for vehicles & HQs, and the system decided that some of them weren't worth statting out in detail. HQs and Vehicles get the Communications feature. Characters pay for the Communication power and/or the Communication Link Super-Sense.

I apologize on behalf of the Ref team for having left you so misinformed for so long.

Please feel free to submit another edit request when you decide how to spend those 2 open device points.

A mid-month edit, hurrah!

Fleur de Joie:

I'd like to temporarily remove her immunities to sleep and starvation/thirst. That should free up 2pp, leaving her with 6 unspent total.

I'd like to take those PP and plow them into her HQ, using them in place of six of the nine Platinum Reward points I used to buy that thing, so that the end total is 6pp/3 reward pp.

That should leave me with 6 Platinum reward points to spend.

Wander:

Spend 6 Platinum reward points on Oliver, in place of the 6pp spent on him, bringing him to 0pp/12 reward pp.

Remove four ranks of Autofire 1 off Strike 0

Use that total 10pp to buy Autofire 2 on her Strike 0, with the +10 ceiling effect.

Bad news - after doing a complete audit of the sheet and double-checking my math, it looks like there were some sloppy edits and Fleur's PP total was incorrect. After double-checking all the math on the sheet and dropping those 2 Immunities, she only had 3PP left free to buy off her Veteran Reward EP. So she's still spending 6PP of the vet reward.

On the bright side, Fleur's sheet has a real DC block now, and I fixed a few areas where she'd been shortchanged (combat, saves, powers), having spent the PP but not getting the bonuses she'd paid for. That's been fixed.