Character Edits, v5

All right. So in addition to slotting another 2 PP into Nick Cimitiere's Gifts of the Dead Array, I'm restructuring his Creeping Shade and Nilfheim's Pall powers. So, here's what the new Array looks like for now:

[b]Gifts of the Dead 11 (22 PP Array, [i]Feats[/i]: Accurate, Alternate Power 10) [31 PP]

[b][u]Base Power[/u][/b]: [b]Darkness Control 3[/b] (25 ft. radius) + [b]Dimensional Pocket 8[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Ranged, [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited to Areas Devoid of Light) [22 PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Animate Objects 7[/b] ([i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [Machines]) [14 PP] + [b]Comprehend 4[/b] (Machines 2, Objects 2) [8 PP] (One With the Rust) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Astral Form 3[/b] (1,000 ft. range, [i]Feats[/i]: Dimensional 2 [Underworlds], Selective, Subtle) [19 PP] (Eurydice Calls) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Disintegration 4[/b] [20 PP] (Preparation of the Offerings) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Emotion Control 9[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Area [General, Burst, Attached], Selective; [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [Fear], Sense-Dependent [Audio]) [18 PP] + [b]Super-Senses 4[/b] (Postcognition 4) [4 PP] (Banshee Wail)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Environment Control 5[/b] (100 ft. radius, Hamper Movement [1/4 Speed] + Distraction  [DC 10]) [20 PP] (Nilfheim's Pall)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Healing 7[/b] ([i]Feats[/i]: Persistent, [i]Extras[/i]: Total) [22 PP] (Deny the Reaper) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Illusion 5[/b] (All senses, 5 ft. radius, [i]Extras[/i]: Selective, [i]Flaws[/i]: Phantasms) [20 PP] (Phantasmal Eruption) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Nullify 11[/b] (All "Dead/Death" Powers) [22 PP] (No Dominion)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Strike 13[/b] ([i]Feats[/i]: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Mighty, [i]Extras[/i]: Penetrating [5]) [22 PP] (Ereshkigal's Talons) 

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Telekinesis 5[/b] (STR 25, [i]Extras[/i]: Area [General, Burst], Selective Attack) [20 PP] (Poltergeist's Rage)

In addition to that, I'll be spending in the following areas:

-2 PP to raise Base Attack to +6 (making it +6 Melee, +9 Ranged, +8 w/ Ereshkigal's Talons, +11 w/ all other Gifts of the Dead)

-1 PP to raise Dodge Focus to 5.

-4 PP to raise Will save to +12.

See comments below

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right. So in addition to slotting another 2 PP into Nick Cimitiere's Gifts of the Dead Array, I'm restructuring his Creeping Shade and Nilfheim's Pall powers. So, here's what the new Array looks like for now:

[b]Gifts of the Dead 11 (22 PP Array, [i]Feats[/i]: Accurate, Alternate Power 10) [31 PP]

[b][u]Base Power[/u][/b]: [b]Darkness Control 3[/b] (25 ft. radius) + [b]Dimensional Pocket 8[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Ranged, [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited to Areas Devoid of Light) [22 PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Animate Objects 7[/b] ([i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [Machines]) [14 PP] + [b]Comprehend 4[/b] (Machines 2, Objects 2) [8 PP] (One With the Rust)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Astral Form 3[/b] (1,000 ft. range, [i]Feats[/i]: Dimensional 2 [Underworlds], Selective, Subtle) [19 PP] (Eurydice Calls)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Disintegration 4[/b] [20 PP] (Preparation of the Offerings)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Emotion Control 9[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Area [General, Burst, Attached], Selective; [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [Fear], Sense-Dependent [Audio]) [18 PP] + [b]Super-Senses 4[/b] (Postcognition 4) [4 PP] (Banshee Wail)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Environment Control 5[/b] (100 ft. radius, Hamper Movement [1/4 Speed] + Distraction [DC 10]) [20 PP] (Nilfheim's Pall)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Healing 7[/b] ([i]Feats[/i]: Persistent, [i]Extras[/i]: Total) [22 PP] (Deny the Reaper)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Illusion 5[/b] (All senses, 5 ft. radius, [i]Extras[/i]: Selective, [i]Flaws[/i]: Phantasms) [20 PP] (Phantasmal Eruption)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Nullify 11[/b] (All "Dead/Death" Powers) [22 PP] (No Dominion)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Strike 13[/b] ([i]Feats[/i]: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Mighty, [i]Extras[/i]: Penetrating [5]) [22 PP] (Ereshkigal's Talons)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Telekinesis 5[/b] (STR 25, [i]Extras[/i]: Area [General, Burst], Selective Attack) [20 PP] (Poltergeist's Rage)

"Limited (Areas Devoid of Light)" is not a valid Flaw for a power when the power shares an array slot with "Create Darkness."

Yeah, I thought as much, but I wasn't exactly getting a "no" when I asked in chat, so I thought I'd give it a try. But since that's very much a "no," I will redress the error:

[b][u]Base Power[/u][/b]: [b]Darkness Control 2[/b] (10 ft. radius) + [b]Dimensional Pocket 6[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Ranged) [22 PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u][/b]: [b]Environment Control 5[/b] (100 ft. radius, Hamper Movement [1/4 Speed] + Distraction  [DC 10]) [20 PP] (Nilfheim's Pall)

In addition to that, the other stuff from before: 2 PP to raise Base Attack to +6 (resulting in a +6 Melee/+9 Ranged/+8 Ereshkigal's Talons/+11 all other Gifts of the Dead spread), 1 PP to raise Dodge Focus up, and 4 PP to raise my Will save.

Doktor'd

Silhouette

PL up so, time to pull up caps. I've got 4pp, so I'll use three points to up my strike to rank eight. Then one point to add a rank to defensive roll.

Doktor'd, but she's overcapped. Attack w/ Strike of +9 plus Damage 11 (Strike 8, +1 Str, +2 Sneak Attack) = PL 10

Changeling

4pp for Changeling as well, so two ranks of defense for Etain, and then two ranks to her strike on her illusion array.

As a side note, all 4pp goes towards the ranks of defense while her strike can just have two ranks added since it is part of her illusion array and has extra points that can raise it since it is an alternate power.

Doktor'd

[b]Oil and Flesh Forms 13[/b] (26 PP Array, [i]Feats[/i]: Alternate Power 1) [27 PP]

[u]Base Power[/u][b]Insubstantial 1 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Duration: Continuous, [i]Drawbacks:[/i] Noticible [b])[/b] [5 PP] + [b]Strike 7 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Improved Critical 2[b])[/b] + [b]Super-Movement 3 ([/b]Wall walking 2, Slithering[b])[/b] [7 PP] + [b]Elongation 2 ([/b]10 Feet, Range Increment 20 Feet, +2 Escape and Grapple[b])[/b] [2PP]+ [b]Additional Limbs 4 ([/b]10 Extra limbs[b])[/b] [4 PP] [26 PP Total] (Humanoid Form; Biological, Mutant)

[u]Alternate Power[/u][b]Enhanced Ability ([/b]Strength +14[b])[/b] [14 PP] + [b]Enhanced Trait ([/b]Escape Artist + 3[b])[/b] [3 PP] + [b]Leaping 2 ([/b][b])[/b] [2 PP] + [b]Morph 2 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Duration: Continuous, [i]Feats:[/i] Attractive 2, Feature [No disguise penalty for changing sex], [i]Drawbacks:[/i] Action3 [Full round to change appearance][b])[/b] [6 PP] [25 PP Total] (Oily Blob Form; Biological, Mutant)

So the form with Insubstantial and Elongation and Slithering is the Fleshy, Humanoid Form, and the form without those is the Oily Blob Form?

Also, Noticeable is not a valid Drawback for Insubstantial, since that power is Noticeable by default.

Wow, Colt has 10pp to spend. For lack of anything better to buy right now, I'm going to drop 4pp into another rank of Device for his guns.

Speed Fire - Increase Rank to 10 [5dp]

Armor Piercing Shot - Increase Rank to 10 (both effects), Increase Penetrating to 4 [5dp]

Omni Shot - Increase Rank to 10, Increase Improved Critical to 2 [5dp]

Skeet Shot - Increase Rank to 15, add Progression Area [375ft Cone]

Sniper Shot - Increase Rank to 10 [2dp]

- Sniper Scope - Increase Extended to 3 [2500ft range increments], Add Counters Concealment [3dp]

Rifle Butt - Increase Strike to 13, Increase Stun to 15 [3dp]

Please update his DC block accordingly, thank you.

The Linked Paralyze on his "Armor Piercing Shot" lacked the Ranged extra. I've added that, but that meant keeping both effects at Rank 9.

Your Omni-Shot is odd. The Obscure's only at rank 1, so it's only 5 feet, and its range is a lot less than the range of the Blast it's linked to.

I've updated Marlin's shots, though the distances/areas you calculated are incorrect. Also, Extended for Super-Senses just multiplies it by 10, it doesn't use the Progression Table, so Extended Vision 3 = visual range increment is 10,000 feet (~2 miles).

Also, providing Code Blocks and DC Blocks, while not strictly necessary, makes the Refs happy :)

So the form with Insubstantial and Elongation and Slithering is the Fleshy, Humanoid Form, and the form without those is the Oily Blob Form?

Also, Noticeable is not a valid Drawback for Insubstantial, since that power is Noticeable by default.

Other way round, Dok. Base Power is the innate, oily blob form. Alternate Power is the human fleshy form! (The reason I am doing it this way round is for future ease of progression)

As for noticeable, yep, forgot this was an active rather than passive effect (seems a bit odd to me, but there you go). Drop noticeable then, and drop a rank of Elongation to compensate (Which will also drop grapple and escape artist by 1... I can't see that hurting but there you go!)

See comments further down

Doktor'd, but she's overcapped. Attack w/ Strike of +9 plus Damage 11 (Strike 8, +1 Str, +2 Sneak Attack) = PL 10

I don't have the sneak attack feat anymore, you removed it so I wouldn't be overcapped when I pulled up my stuff when I hit PL 8. Someone just forgot to take it off of my DC block.

Ah, so it is. Doktor'd.

And what about the Features (oily secretions), Immunity (aging), Regeneration, Speed, and Super-Senses?

Other way round, Dok. Base Power is the innate, oily blob form. Alternate Power is the human fleshy form! (The reason I am doing it this way round is for future ease of progression)

As for noticeable, yep, forgot this was an active rather than passive effect (seems a bit odd to me, but there you go). Drop noticeable then, and drop a rank of Elongation to compensate (Which will also drop grapple and escape artist by 1... I can't see that hurting but there you go!)

They are staying as is: i.e. present in both forms. Which I think makes sense... I would like to keep the two forms reasonably similar mechanically for both simplicity and to avoid cheesing it.

Fluff wise, the oily secretions occur in both forms (its just that in one, it comes out as sweat, in the other, it comes out as... well, as part of the oil slick), immunity to aging of course in both, Regeneration in both (arguably is oil slick form could regen faster but I cant be bothered with that), and his olfactory sense would also be present in both - its kind of a nose in every cell.

Doktor'd at last

The Linked Paralyze on his "Armor Piercing Shot" lacked the Ranged extra. I've added that, but that meant keeping both effects at Rank 9.

Your Omni-Shot is odd. The Obscure's only at rank 1, so it's only 5 feet, and its range is a lot less than the range of the Blast it's linked to.

I've updated Marlin's shots, though the distances/areas you calculated are incorrect. Also, Extended for Super-Senses just multiplies it by 10, it doesn't use the Progression Table, so Extended Vision 3 = visual range increment is 10,000 feet (~2 miles).

Also, providing Code Blocks and DC Blocks, while not strictly necessary, makes the Refs happy :)

Sorry about the DC block stuff. I was kinda rushed when I threw up that edit. I just figured it would be easy since everything just went up by one.

Also, those fixes all look good to me.

Omni-shot by way of explanation does exactly what it should. He's shooting so fast in multiple directions, he's actually moving faster than the human eye can follow. Mechanically, he obscures himself, nothing else. That's why I linked a short range power to it. It's a pretty cheap work around, but hey, it works.

As an aside to the current conversation, can you make a quick change to Breakdown?

Complication:

Dead Zone: When Breakdown is without headphones or access to music in any way, he gains a Hero Point for being unable to access his Music Mastery power.

Should have been removed ages ago, but I'm lazy. He stopped relying on music to generate his powers when he got better at using them. He used to rely on it because it inspired him TO use it. Now he knows he doesn't need it, he just likes it. Since music now "inspires him to do certain things with his powers" rather than "enables him to do certain things with his powers," the complication no longer applies (and it never actually came up anyway).

Doktor'd

Ironclad

:arrow: Lose the trade-offs entirely with this update.

:arrow: Buy two more ranks of Dodge Focus.

:arrow: Buy another rank of Accurate onto the suit, raising its cost by 1 PP. Combined, the Combat block should now look something like this:

[u][b]Combat[/b]:[/u] 6 + 8 = 14PP

[u][b]Initiative[/b]:[/u] +3

[u][b]Attack[/b]:[/u] +3, +9 Battlesuit Weapons Array

[u][b]Grapple[/b]:[/u] +3, +14 Battlesuit Super-Strength

[u][b]Defense[/b]:[/u] +9 (+4 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

[u][b]Knockback[/b]:[/u] -4/-0

:arrow: I'd like to apply the 3 point version of the Normal Identity (Free action) Drawback to Ironclad. The justification is right here. This only applied to her suit, not the technopath powers that will (hopefully) come next month.

Doktor'd