Holiday Cheer! [OPEN]

Thevshi

The Hall's security systems ranked among the most formidable in the world - on many worlds, in fact, with the benefit of alien hardware and esoteric code. After all, generations of brilliant minds had taken a hand in protecting or attempting to break into some of the most dangerous secrets and sensitive information in existence.

On the other hand, if one wasn't concerned with secret identities or hidden vaults and if one travelled lines of binary with the same familiarity that a native Freedomite walked their city streets and if one had a head start from a broadband wireless connection provided by a helpful youth... it still might have been an insurmountable task. Even so, if said 'one' focused solely on a single floor-to-ceiling digital display in the conference room closest to the festivities and was sufficient motivated by a long overdue reckoning, if all of those factors lined up, things might get very interesting.

And so when Fleur and the rest of the Leaguers and accompanying heroes led Viktor Archeville into the room they found the overhead light already on and the far wall showing a recreation of a late night talk show set, artfully rendered on the flat panel to give the illusion of depth. Behind the host's desk a thin man with a pompadour and a screamingly bright neon green suit sat with his feet up on the corner, grinning with rows of perfect, pearly teeth.

"Well hey hey! This is one heck of a good looking audience we've got here tonight and you know I wouldn't just say that!" V.I.N.C.E. greeted while a catchy saxophone riff and backbeat played him on from the intercom in the middle of the conference table. "I know we're all excited to get to our special, surprise guest--" He paused for a moment to allow for a round of canned studio audience applause and produced an oversized envelope from behind his simulated desk. "--but first we've got a segment for you I like to call Top Ten Family Members You Don't Want to See for the Holidays!" Vince swung his feet down and leaned forward, staring daggers at Archeville while his smile dimmed not a watt. "Folks, you're not gonna believe number one."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Puma Negra

Most plans didn't make it through first contact with reality, and for both Carmen and Micheal, the two's plans to conquer the social and chair scene didn't pan out, and Carmen could tell from the awkwardness of their dance they weren't going to get any awards from it either. Instead, it was just living in the moment, Carmen letting him take the lead in this as she tried her best to follow his movements through any dance. Carmen's body would go from initially tense and uncharacteristically off balance to a sort of control that had her moving with Michael throughout the music played.

There was a relaxed feeling, moving with each stuff, feeling his warm touch. It was so nice and warm, reassuring even. Her face was already a shade of red if one could see beneath the fur, tail wisping back and forth around.

Horrorshow

"Yeah, pretty much!," Davyd had replied to Claire, matching her enthusiastic tone.  He shifted back to the red Play-Doh-y humanoid form that was close to his true self, and flashed an absurdly wide smile at her.  "What would you like to see?  A unicorn?  A dinosaur?  A dinosauricorn?!"

He had just started another cavalcade of chimeras when Neko gave the signal that Things Had Gone Wrong.  "Oop!  Looks like Oba Neko and Lulusya want to show you all something!  Shoo, children, shoo!"  As he gently steered the kids towards them, slender yet powerful tentacles slithered out from his back and set to securing the doors, windows, and assorted HVAC vents.  Secure entrances and exits, be prepared to form living wall around children, focus on defense and distraction.

Doktor Archeville

"If Peshkov is Frost," he replied to Copycat, admitting that he no longer knew the Comrade's 'civilian' name, "then, yes, that is who I'm asking for.  But if he's no longer here, then- ah!"  He flashed another relived smile at the saffron speedster, "Velocity!  Another familiar face!  You're still with the Freedom League, yes?  Oh, and is that," he craned his neck again to see the latest addition to the retinue, "Gaian Knight?  Yes, it is!  Good, good, excellent response time!"

"So I suppose I can go ahead and start explai-," he began as they entered the conference room, then froze at the sight that greeted them.  "Hello, V.I.N.C.E.," he replied to his creation after a moment, his voice briefly taking on a slightly echoed, mechanical edge.  "You're looking... good.  You look good."

He cleared his throat again, "so," he announced, "before I begin explaining how I got here -- or, perhaps more accurately, attempting to explain, as I am still not entirely sure how it happened -- are there any further precautions you would like to take?  A Faraday cage to block my cyberkinetic signals?  An EMP on standby to short out my technological components?  A telepath and technopath to verify the truth of my statements?"  He looked from one hero to another, hopeful that they were at least willing to listen to him.

Crystal-Gazer

At first, Lulu wasn't sure what was going on, but then she experienced a rapidly expanding wave of emotions coming up from the lower floors of Freedom Hall. Fear, disgust, panic, outrage, concern - so many feelinge! And then they spread into several of the heroes already in the room, and a name was suddenly floating in the center of her mind.

ARCHEVILLE

As a telepath, she'd of course been interested in reading about the disgraced German scientist back at Claremont, but it was often hard to separate fact from fiction. But maybe tonight, she'd learn more than she bargained for.

But the redheaded elf was all smiles as she followed behind Neko, visions of sugar plums literally dancing around both their heads.

"Y'all are gonna love what we got waitin' for you in here!"

Voltage

Voltage had been simply mingling in the party when one of the smartest people on the planet arrived. He knew, secondhand, that things had happened with Archeville. He had devoured the information years before, and now, the man was here. The super-genius cyberkinetic did nothing but stand by and observe. He could have attempted to hack into the security systems at the Hall to observe things, but he didn't.

For one, they were competent enough to sort things on their own. For two, he wasn't sure if even his prodigious skills would allow him to circumvent their security. It would be a terrible time for the League to think they were under a cyber attack.

Instead, he simply continued to mingle while he stood in the room. He, like many of the other heroes, was on edge. He didn't anticipate an attack, but Archeville's arrival could certainly create tension.

Stesha's attempt to deescalate the situation with the new arrival had gone... well, it had gone about as well as it could've been expected to, given the givens. She sighed as they entered the room to find the Interceptors' AI already in place, but stood back to allow the parade of interested heroes to file in as well. There had never been any way they were going to avoid an audience, but at least they had a small measure of privacy from the students and children at the party.

"I think the precautions League Headquarters already has in place will be sufficient for now," she told Archeville. "If everyone who wants to be involved with this conversation could take a seat, we'll try to keep this at least somewhat orderly. Everyone who just wants to make sure things stay peaceful, feel free to remain standing but maybe just back up against the walls so we've got a little more space?" She turned to the AI. "VINCE, I know you're very upset and you have a right to be, but it would be helpful if you could turn down the special effects for the moment."

She took a seat herself, hoping to set a good example. "I think we'd all like to know what you're doing here, Doctor Archeville. It's been a long time, and you've chosen to make a big entrance."

GHOST

"No, I guess I'm not" Ghost replies to Grim, though honestly, having her like this? It's something he could get used to.

And then the Freedom League alarm goes off, and Grim already knows what's going on.

"Then again, seems like I got good reasons, don't I?" he asks, even if he is grinning under the mask. 

He pulls away and pulls up his x-ray goggles. "Sounds like you know the guy. Wanna tag along?" he holds out a hand and, as soon as Grim accepts it, they disappear.

Less than a second later, they're in the meeting room with everyone else, appearing just as Fleur finishes talking. "Sorry I'm late. Hope it's alright I brought Grim." Tensions are high in there, it seems. He's read about Archeville. Never met him directly, just dealt with the fallout from some of the things he's done. "Think I'll just sit down."

Copycat took up a position by the side of the door, the better to keep an eye on the people who came in and to make sure nobody came in who wasn't supposed to. Technically one of those chairs belonged to her but she'd already been sitting most of the evening, and besides, there was no use telling the entire universe that Copycat was more than just a visitor here. She gave Gaian Knight and others who actually had a chair in this room a nod that meant 'take a seat. I've got this.' 

The small space would make it easier to handle the Archeville situation, which was rapidly going to spin out of control if they weren't careful. She appreciated those in the room who were handling things diplomatically; especially since it meant she didn't have to keep her hand on her weapon when talking to the dangerous technopath. It was close by if she needed it, along with some other things. 

"We could use cover in the hall," she murmured to others in the group, glad Tiamat was there backing her up. It wasn't that she couldn't herself, but the big, muscular woman projected more space and threat than she did unless she was trying very hard. "I'll close the door once everyone's in position."

When Ghost teleported in with Grimalkin, she made a small noise but didn't interfere with him - or her, for that matter, taking a seat. For the benefit of the people in the hallway and along the wall with her, she added in a low murmur, "There are going to be people with an interest in this. Some of them are going to want to kick this guy's ass, some'll just want to talk. Either way, if they all crowd in here at once, the place is gonna explode. We need to make sure the League can actually have a conversation with this guy." 

Geckoman & Spellbound

Chris sat down on one of the chairs, pulling his mask and goggles off to toss them lightly onto the table, his chestnut hair a sticky-up mess in all directions. "Well, as the..." He gestured vaguely towards Copycat. "I mean, damn I bet you're regretting not wearing the other suit, amirite?" He waved a hand. "Priorities. OK so the Interceptors are aware and some of them are probably inbound. And most of them don't have my enviable sense of zen." Geckoman winked at VINCE. 

Liz took a seat next to him, an arch expression as she looked down her nose a little. No way was she standing, who did they think she was? "You have a rank? Anyway, as possibly the only other person in this room to have had to live their life after a bunch of attempted murder-" "You've both hit me with buildings!" "- Yes, well... My point is, well..."

Geckoman cut in, leaning back in the chair and slinging his feet back up onto it, pointing at Viktor. "The man walked in hands up, and while I don't think that merits any level of forgiveness, I think it's important we calm down and remember the job is to save people, and the coming out swinging is just one of the options." He shrugged. "You're an asshole, Dok. You really are. People are dead and they're not coming back. And just walking in here, like this, unannounced, at the damn Christmas party!?" Chris inhaled and stopped, raising a hand. "You know Blades is coming, right? You had to know how many people would want to put a boot up your ass and you..."

Liz squeezed his hand, before turning to look down her nose at Archeville. "I appreciate the need to make amends, but is what you have to say worth the situation you have put us in here?"

Edited by Ecalsneerg

Velocity

"Yeah, still with the League." Megan had responded to Archeville's question to her when he seemed somewhat relieved by her arrival. It had been right around the time she had first joined the League, just as she was finishing high school, that the speedster had first met Archeville. That seemed so long ago now.

Making her way into the conference room with the group, she was not particularly surprised to see VINCE already there waiting for them, with his typical theatrics. "Hey VINCE, been awhile." She said with a smile to the AI. With Stesha continuing in attempting to get the temperature down some, Megan calmly went over and took a seat, to allow those who were most affected by Archeville’s actions to speak up.

She had left the Interceptors long before Archeville's betrayal, and she had not even been in the States when it happened, having moved to England to start her year studying at Cambridge. So, she had missed most of what occurred and had only minimal involvement in any of the aftermath. But she still had feelings about what had happened, he had hurt people she cared about.

As Ghost and Grimalkin arrived, the blonde gave a nod to Lynn before moving over to take one of the seats at the table next to Stesha, but stayed quite for the moment as Geckoman and his wife took seats and started things off.

23 hours ago, Thevshi said:

Timeout

Lawrence looked back too Mizuki when she realized he was a bit distracted. Giving her a smile, he shook his head. "Not anything I think we need to be concerned about right now. Just saw someone that my mom used consider a friend. It’s a long story, and there are far better things to be focused on tonight."

No sooner than the blond teen say that than the current song ended and the previously faster paced dance music gave way to a much slower tempo song. "Well, that seems appropriately timed." He commented as his smile widened and he offered Mizuki his left hand.

Torpedo Lass II

"Really..." Mizuki said, taking Lawrence's hand. "And I get your point." She said with a smile as they started to dance with the music. For someone wearing what amounted to an advanced design of wetsuit, her look was clean for a superhero. Odd though she didn't come in something less ready for action. She was an average dancer, but Lawrence could sense she enjoyed herself. "Dad taught me a few moves. Got invited to a couple formal Navy affairs that allowed family to come along. Knowing how to dance with guys who willingly sat in about 80,000 pounds of fuel and explosives and flew it off the deck of aircraft carriers was... interesting."

"Mom just thought it was cute."

20 hours ago, RocketLord said:

GHOST

He pulls away and pulls up his x-ray goggles. "Sounds like you know the guy. Wanna tag along?" he holds out a hand and, as soon as Grim accepts it, they disappear.

Grimalkin 

"Very much so," she said with a firm nod. Once they were inside and took a seat, Grim faded into the background...literally, as she used her glamour to become transparent. She didn't want Dok to feel too boxed in or crowded, though she wanted to be present to step in and come to his defense if need be. She and her former employer had some reconciliation several years ago; one could hardly call them friends, but they were certainly civil.

The one part of Grim that was incongruously still visible was her hand holding Ghost's, which gave it a reassuring if disembodied squeeze.

Edited by Heritage

Timeout

13 hours ago, The Sailor said:

Torpedo Lass II

"Really..." Mizuki said, taking Lawrence's hand. "And I get your point." She said with a smile as they started to dance with the music. For someone wearing what amounted to an advanced design of wetsuit, her look was clean for a superhero. Odd though she didn't come in something less ready for action. She was an average dancer, but Lawrence could sense she enjoyed herself. "Dad taught me a few moves. Got invited to a couple formal Navy affairs that allowed family to come along. Knowing how to dance with guys who willingly sat in about 80,000 pounds of fuel and explosives and flew it off the deck of aircraft carriers was... interesting."

"Mom just thought it was cute."

As Lawrence had indicated, he was good enough to avoid stepping on Mizuki’s feet as the pair danced to the slower music. While he was not going to win any dance competitions, he was able to blend into the crowd on the dance floor.

The blond teen smiled at Mizuki’s story. "I am afraid I have not had the privilege of attending any armed services events, here or back in England, but I have been to my fair share of formal events on both sides of the pond. So, I have learned enough to get by."

"As part of the League, my mom has been to several military events, including a time she spent over twenty-six hours running around the world to see the New Year arrive in each time zone. She included a couple of armed forces celebrations for some of her stops, including an air base on Guam, Diego Gracia and the USS Carl Vinson in the Gulf of Aden."

On 1/5/2024 at 4:05 PM, Thevshi said:

Multi-Girl

Bernadette was enjoying herself as she and Charlie danced, he had certainly learned well. But as he decided to further explain what he had meant about how he learned to dance, the redhead slowed her dancing slightly as she initially had a slightly shocked look. However, that was quickly followed by her having to struggle to not just double over laughing. The Irish teen eventually had to put one hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry, I shouldn' laugh." She managed to say as she finally regained some composure.

As she did, the current song indeed, and rather than one of the faster paced songs that had initially been playing, a slower song began. Bernadette looked at Charlie with a sly smile as she moved in very close, wrapping both hands up behind his neck. "Well, as torturous as that may have been, just look at as a necessary sacrifice fer bein' ready when a chance fer a more enjoyable slow dance presents itself."

The STORMCROW

Charlie feigns a hurt look as Bernadette says that she shouldn't laugh, but it quickly turns to a wide smile, especially as her hands found their way around his neck. 

"I dunno... I mean, the Vest is really horrible..." His left hand moves to the small of her back, the right to the back of her head. "It would have to be a really enjoyable slow dance."

Multi-Girl

4 hours ago, RocketLord said:

The STORMCROW

Charlie feigns a hurt look as Bernadette says that she shouldn't laugh, but it quickly turns to a wide smile, especially as her hands found their way around his neck. 

"I dunno... I mean, the Vest is really horrible..." His left hand moves to the small of her back, the right to the back of her head. "It would have to be a really enjoyable slow dance."

"Poor dear." Bernadette replied somewhat teasingly as Charlie again commented about how terrible the "Vest" had been. The redhead allowed him to pull her in up against him as they continued to slow dance. Bernadette was normally just slightly shorter than Charlie, her heels more than made up for that, so her bright green eyes looked into his blue ones for a few moments.

Then she leaned in so her mouth was by his right ear and she whispers. "Don' worry, I promise I won' make ya wear anything…..that ya don' wanna."

On 1/3/2024 at 10:42 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

Muirne smiled up at Luke as he asked to dance, although there was a nervousness to it. "That sounds lovely Fýrdraca." She is silent on her way to the dance floor, pensive. Like she's turning something over on her head again and again and again.

"Awesome." The young man smiled enthusiastically and offered Muirne his hand as they waltzed toward the dance floor.

Obviously, despite having practiced, he was no match for the skill of his partner, but he still did his best to keep the pace. 

"F- I think I won't ever get tired watching you dance..." He grinned. "I am gonna have to follow your lead, though." He continued cheerfully.

Seemingly at Velocity's request, the music slowed down not long after, Luke thanked their host quietly as he gently offered to hold Muirne in his arms.

On 1/3/2024 at 10:42 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

Finally, as she holds him close to dance, her skill allowing her to dance with ease despite her mind clearly being elsewhere. Her voice is quiet when she speaks, pitched so only Luke could hear. "I want you to promise me to keep this a secret. Even more than my identity or anything else. The only people who know are Vanguard, and a small selection of researchers and officials in England." Her face twists in mild irritation, "And Charlie. I didn't tell him, he found out somehow. But please, promise you won't tell anyone else, not Bernadette, not even Leon." She looks up at him, pleading with her eyes. 

"Of course... " He nodded.

The young man chuckled at the mention of Charlie and shook his head playfully. Although, the mention of the secret being known by researchers and officials in Englad had definitely sent a cold shiver running down his spine. This couldn't be anything good. Doesn't matter though. Whatever that was, he knew that they could manage.

"I promise." He smiled softly. "A dragon knows how to keep a secret, you know? I'll hoard it right here..." He pointed at his heart, then leaned closer, so that, as they danced, she could whisper in his ears. His eyes shone briefly of gold as he used his magic to muffle the sound around them.

Paper

Leon had had his hands full with another diaper change when Liz and Chris had stopped in. He wasn’t able to do much more than offer a smile and a nod.

Finishing up, he was disposing with the trash when he caught Neko’s signal. He never would have thought they would actually use it, but the three distinct claps had him moving. She would have the kids in hand while they secured the room.

With practiced casual ease he moved from one door to the next, his paper wolf following him. As he walked the paper wolf split, forming a new wolf that curled up in front of each door. Paper slid silently from Leon’s arm to cover and seal door cracks and vents.

Only once he and Davyd had made the rounds and verified the room’s security did Leon move to stand by Neko’s side.

“Room’s secured.”

He said to her in a low voice as he waited for her next cue. This was her gig, and he would follow her lead.

Edited by Spacefurry

Predator 

Predator’s reflective helmet never wavered as Patriot/Copycat called for reinforcements. She took the opportunity to watch the man and analyze him. His mannerisms didn’t seem threatening in any manner she could tell. His nervousness seemed genuine.

But she did not like dealing in maybes. Until his motives were revealed she would remain cautious as everyone else exhibited.

As others joined them and ultimately escorted Dok to a separate room, Predator followed silently. She would not be ashamed to admit she was out of her depth here. The others were obviously possessed of ‘bad blood’ with Archeville, information probably tucked away within the redacted files.

Maybe after this she could petition for more access to files. Predator disliked being ill informed when placed in a dangerous situation.

Inside the room, Predator mirrored her friend, taking up a sentry position on the other side of the door. Her armored tail unconsciously swaying in agitation as she attempted to follow the conversation.

Cynthia was already recording it, the suit’s A.I. programmed to being doing so as soon as she calls on it. She would probably rewatch it several times to analyze it before she was satisfied she had learned everything she could from it.

Despite everything that was happening, she was able to take a moment to appreciate the A.I. as it played host to the proceedings. She would love to get chance to examine its coding.

22 hours ago, Thevshi said:

Multi-Girl

"Poor dear." Bernadette replied somewhat teasingly as Charlie again commented about how terrible the "Vest" had been. The redhead allowed him to pull her in up against him as they continued to slow dance. Bernadette was normally just slightly shorter than Charlie, her heels more than made up for that, so her bright green eyes looked into his blue ones for a few moments.

Then she leaned in so her mouth was by his right ear and she whispers. "Don' worry, I promise I won' make ya wear anything…..that ya don' wanna."

The STORMCROW

Charlie stares at Bernadette, returning her teasing tone with a mischievous look in his eyes, while they slowly move, and then she leans in and whispers.

Charlie stops for a second. Any pretense, any act, any mask, it all slips away for a moment of complete surprise, though clearly one that he is more than happy about.

"Why, Miss O'Connell, it sounds like you have plans." With her close like this, his mouth is right next to her ear as well, and like Bernadette, Charlie whispers. "I like plans."

Doktor Archeville

"So, as most of you know," he began, "I have spent the last four years exploring deep space, similar to what Daedalus did in the 1970s.  My latest visit was to a planet on the fringes of what had been the Lor Republic, still home to a small colony of Lor.  When they had settled on it some decades ago, they thought there was no intelligent life, but they were mistaken.  There is a species there, looking something like a cross between an elephant and a spider, that the Lor settlers believed were simple animals."  He shook his head, "they are not.  They're intelligent, comparable to Homo neanderthalensis, with intricate customs and ritual beliefs.  The Lor eventually realized how wrong they had been, and a few years ago had begun trying to communicate and forge alliances with them.  They call them the Praneobscids, though their word for themselves is," here he cupped his hands over his mouth and made a sharp trumpeting sound that faded to a squeaking hiss.

"One of the Praneobscid beliefs concerned their dark, winter months, when game was scarce and crops would not grow.  There, huddled together in their cavern homes, with stores of food collected the season before, they waited, and hoped.  Hoped none of the larger predators still stalking the wind-swept plains would find them, or that things from deeper in the caves would burrow up to find them.  Hoped they had enough food to see them through to spring.  Hoped none of their own would fall ill, and spread sickness to the herd.  To fan this hope, they told stories, stories of love, and generosity, and community.  They shared what they had, to make sure all had enough to see them through the dark times.  And sometimes, if it looked like they did not have enough -- enough food, or medicine, or weapons -- they might awake one morning to find a neat bundle laid by their fire, wrapped in silks, with just enough to get them through."

"Most thought that such gifts were from nearby friendly herds, looking out for their neighbors.  But others -- the younger ones, mostly -- believed in something more supernatural.  A magical being, who rewarded those who had shown charity and kindness, but whom fortune had dealt a bad hand.  This figure came to be known as," again he cupped his hands over his mouth and made a soft hissing-trumpeting sound, "and... well... I met her."

"Some rather unpleasant fellows -- I believe they were from the Blackguard -- had come to the planet and were throwing their weight around, intentionally terrorizing Lor and incidentally slaughtering Praneobscids.  I had joined in the fight, but was soon overwhelmed.  Things were dire, but then... she appeared.  She tossed us bundles, medical supplies and ammunition for our weapons, enough to turn the tide!  But as our foe retreated, they fired one parting shot, hitting her and her sled.  They fell," he smacked one fist into his palm, "and we rushed to her, fearing the worst."

"When we found her, unconscious, she and her craft were... blinking, as if fading from this dimension.  I'm not sure if it was due to the weapon they had used, or some part of her nature, or both, but I could tell that if we did not help her, and soon, she would be no more.  I rushed to provide what aid I could, stabilizing the quantum variances enough that her wounds could be treated, and..."

He let out a breath, "and she made it.  We got her stabilized, and once she regained consciousness, she healed herself to good as new.  She thanked us, thanked me, and asked what she could gift us in return.  And I... I..."

"... I said I wished I could see my friends and family, those I had not seen before leaving, and let them know how sorry I am.  To make amends with those I had avoided, those who most deserve it... or, at least, be allowed a chance to attempt to do so."

VINCE gave Fleur the frustrated look of someone not especially given to anger trying to remain heated in the face of a calm, polite request before tossing the oversized envelope aside with a huff, the prop pixelating before disappearing entirely midair. The intercom in the middle of the table fell silent as he muttered, "Whole collection of the greatest heroes alive but nobody knows how to 'yes, and' over here. Fine.He refused to make eye contact during Archeville's subdued acknowledgement, crossing his arms and blowing a raspberry.

During the spacefaring scientist's explanation however his avatar's jaw dropped open, hanging further and further until it had reached cartoonish proportions. Lifting it back into place with one hand he covered his eyes with the other and groaned. "Really, I don't know why I'm surprised. The charmed life on this guy, you'd think he took a four-leaf clover suppository. Cannot believe you're making me do this..." Grumbling to himself he produced a brick-like, beige portable phone and dialled theatrically.

- - -

Back in the main room of the party the double doors swung open with enough force to make an audible thump. The man rushing through doorway was barefoot beneath black velvet dress pants, tailored to hang artfully off of the taut muscles of his legs. His navy blue shirt had a subtle pattern pattern woven into it that might have looked tastefully understated had the sleeves not been rolled up past his elbows and the buttons not been undone to below his sternum, baring dark sienna skin marked by crisscrossing scars and ruddy from the cold outside. His short cropped hair and beard, trimmed into sharply defined lines, were a dusty brown that caught the colourful lights of the festive decorations. A folded, blue bandana covered the top half of his face except for intense, dark eyes that scanned the crowd with adrenaline-soaked focus.

Jack of all Blades held his phone to his ear and skidded to a halt from a full sprint, shoulders rising and falling with his breath as he asked incredulously, "What the @%$# do you mean, 'Alien Santa'?!"

On 1/7/2024 at 9:32 AM, Thevshi said:

She included a couple of armed forces celebrations for some of her stops, including an air base on Guam, Diego Gracia and the USS Carl Vinson in the Gulf of Aden.

Mizuki looked like something gobsmacked her. Lawrence could see that with the skip in her dance before getting it back to rythym. "THE Carl Vinson? My dad served on that ship! Your mom might have even seen him."

She grinned. "Small world, no?"

Velocity

Megan listened as Archeville began to explain how he came to be present at the party this evening. While it was certainly fantastical (as VINCE would point out), it also was very troubling to hear about the suffering of the Lor and the Praneobscid on this distant world. As he finished and VINCE gave his reaction, the blonde speedster looked over to Stesha a moment. But before either could say anything, Megan heard her communicator chime softly and looked down at it.

"Well Viktor, it would appear that you may have the chance to speak with one of those I expect is at the top of the list." She said looking back up over to Archeville. "Jack has arrived at the Hall." Glancing back to Stesha and Ghost, she added, "I'll show him where we are." And with that she was gone in a yellow blur.

Moments later the yellow blur came skidding to a halt in the lobby near where Jack of all Blades had stopped, her blonde hair swishing to one side (where normally there would have been a brunette wig). Despite herself and the seriousness of the situation, Megan could not help but grin. "You always knew how to make an entrance Jack, and look fantastic in the process."

The speedster then let the grin fade and a serious expression replace it. "We are back this way." She stated, gesturing towards one of the side halls off the lobby.

Timeout

12 hours ago, The Sailor said:

Mizuki looked like something gobsmacked her. Lawrence could see that with the skip in her dance before getting it back to rythym. "THE Carl Vinson? My dad served on that ship! Your mom might have even seen him."

She grinned. "Small world, no?"

Lawrence slowed down as Mizuki did at the surprise of hearing his mother had once visited the Carl Vinson. The blond teen gave her a warm smile as they soon matched the rhythm once again. "It can certainly seem small at times, but yes, I am pretty sure that was the one." He replied. "This was back on December 31st, 2012, back before she had me or married my father."

Even as he spoke, the teenager's jaw clinched slightly as he realized he said more than he should. He gave Mizuki another smile, hoping she would not catch his slip up.