Secret Identities

Barnum

I'm 24, a professional student, and a long-time gamer. I love writing and listening to loud music. I've gamed in D&D 3.0, 3.5, and 4E, Shadowrun v3 and v4, oWoD and nWoD, and M&M 2E. There's probably a few I'm forgetting (Oh! Savage Worlds!) but suffice to say I've a broad experience with games.

I love technology and science. My major is in Industrial Design; I hope to build machines for the rest of my life.

I'm an inveterate, unabashed troper. If you have a conversation with me, expect lots of them to crop up.

Dunno what else to tell you, but that's me in a nutshell. See ya folks in the chat.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!. I am a senior high school student living in Ontario, Canada. :)

I've always been a (mostly) hardcore gamer, been playing since I was 6. I prefer RPG genres over others. I also enjoyed superhero comics (mostly golden, bronze and silver age comics).

I'm a bit anti-social and can have trouble finding a topic to talk about. I'm hoping i can get over it sometime

I found your site through TV Tropes and found great interest with the idea, so I decided to come along. I have my own character almost ready for posting, just need to go over some adjustments before post. Oh, and I have little to no experience with tabletop RPG's, just to let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

'lo, all. I'm also someone redirected here from TV Tropes (and am in the chat room as we type, though I have to jet for dinner in a sec). I just recently graduated from grad school and am studying for the LSAT at the moment (currently working on assumption questions; much hair has been torn from my head over them).

I'm relatively new to the superhero genre in general (I generally never read comic books), but I love the style of the setting (I just got into the DCAU and I am a fan of City of Heroes). I also have a long term love of gaming (my parents call it an addiction, but eh).

Hope to meet you all!

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm just your average, college going RP geek. Started off playing Rifts in Highschool 5 years ago and started off playing other games-like DnD and Dark Heresy- about three years ago. I got a copy of Mutants and Masterminds four months ago, when I started playing with my friends in a MnM campaign.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to this game, but I have been RPing for years now and I think I have gotten half decent with it.

I love my superheroes alot, having collected Green Lantern and Flash comics since I was ten all the way to...now. So this is a big nostalgic experience for me. I hope we all have fun

Hello everybody, I am the Synius

I started my rping with 3.5 dnd way back in the day, and have been having a blast with it ever since haven't played Mutants and Masterminds to any real extent, but I hope to have fun with it, and with my all of you.

Thankfully, i have been reading comics for years, if not very many, so i should be able to find a good pair of tights round here to slip into

Hi all!

Been RPing for well over half of my 32 years though I'd have to be honest and admit that the first 6 or 7 of those years the "R" stood for "Roll" not "Role" still, we adapt, we overcome, we change, and we get better. Been playing M&M for maybe 2 or 3 years now. Hopefully I'll come up with something fun to add to this place soon.

A voice named Sandman_XI told me to post here, so I am! So...er, hello. I'm Fox - terrible geek and hopeless pun-maker. Or...or was that hopeless geek and terrible pun....? Nevermind.

Picked up the Mutants & Masterminds core book on a whim when I was in a bookstore, to add it to my stack of roleplaying books I doubt I'll ever use much. Looked up M&M in TVTropes (because any excuse is good enough to go spend time in TVTropes) and that led me here. I've played countless RPGs and MUDs and MMOs and other fancy acronyms, but never any tabletop games - they were always interesting but I never knew anyone else who played them, so never felt like I had much of a chance in high school or college to try them out. So, like Starsign, not much experience to be had - I'm sure I'll make simple mistakes, miss things, misinterpret things; please, please correct me if I do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

I'm a Londoner, married, no kids, and a Doc by trade. I play RPGs now and again, and was very impressed with M&M. I guess i'm a bit of a superhero fan, although not a comic reader.

I think I found this through Atomic Think Tank, I thought I would try it out. My writing skills are atrophied to the point of utter feebleness; perhaps this site will sort that out! Also, I have mild dyslexia and am an appalling proof reader, so apologies for the mess that will leave!

Hello, everyone!

Another one who found this site through your TVTropes article, I've been looking for an opportunity to play Mutants and Masterminds for absolutely ages (my regular group here in Edmonton loves the setting and the system, but none of our rotating crew of game-masters can ever come up with a good idea for a campaign, so we instead stick to Dungeons and Dragons and some of the White Wolf settings), and this place seems fantastic, so here I am.

I also found this place by wiki-walking on TV Tropes. They aren't kidding when they say it will ruin your life, in more ways than one.

Anyway, I'm an on-again, off-again tabletop gamer (our group's schedules mean we meet fairly rarely, and usually do one off adventure kind of things). I played MnM once with those guys and loved it, though we haven't played since. I also enjoy a bit of amateur writing, so PbP games are right up my alley. So I sort of know what I'm doing, but if I mess something up or whatever, feel free to dope slap me.

Anyway, off to post my character sheet!

Hi, I'm Aoiroo, I'm nineteen and I'm from Georgia. I'm going to college, I like sweets and I'm an anime fanatic who does NOT read comic books. However, I did watch all the WB hero shows and am well aware of most of the DCU heros. I have seven siblins (no twins, no triplets, no step, no adopted) and I'm Roman Catholic. I love roleplaying, and I also like Tvtropes which is where I found this site.

Howdy! :)

I'm TC, and I found this place through the ATT. I'm in Arkansas, where there is dearth of FtF gaming, so online is my outlet. However, That's usually only when I have free time aside from work and family... :) I've been a gamer since AD&D came out, and have several different genres of games on the bookshelf... However, I think MnM and DCA are near the top of faves...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm Doleth, a 23 years old from Québec who found this forum from Tv tropes, and I like what I see so far! I started playing roleplaying game in 2001 with Dnd 3rd edition then I got into Vampire : The Mascarade, then other game in the world of darkness line than various D20 game. I finally got into Mutant&Mastermind with the second edition around 2006 and I still like to try various system and universe during tabletop game, but sadly the rest of my playing group is pretty much limited to DnD 3rd edition, with rare forray into 4th edition and star wars D20, so this forum is a godsend!

For the rest of my background, I'm a computer technician and I recently got my diploma. I'm a metalhead, I absolutly love B-movie, I'm a fan of manga and videogame, mostly rpg and adventure game. I'm an amateur when it comes to comic book, I'm a fan of Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic 4 and Marvel Zombie and I have also read Watchman and Earth X that I tought were fantastic. I also got the first issue of the new Power Girl series and liked it very much, but I missed the next few one so I'm waiting for a tradepaper back. I'm also always looking for recommandation as to which comic I should check. Just one thing that I want to add, I'm French Canadian, so you might notice a couple of basic mistake in my post, so feel free to tell me so I can improve my english!

Hello... I am Richard A. Spake, a 39 year old Disabled American Veteran who found out about this site from TV Tropes. I've been looking for a good Mutants & Masterminds game for a while and hope that I've found one here!

My character is the American Patriot (seen below)... and thanks to JD over at the Atomic Think-tank I have been able to get some stats for him! he's gone through about six incarnations over the years. And I'm here to hopefully have some fun, spend some time improving my writing skills, and join a game with mature players who can explore more about themselves and how they see the world. and hopefully have alot of fun... Wait, I already said that!

Edited by AA

So, uh, hello.

KnightDisciple (it's my favorite screenname, really) here. I'm in my 20s, nominally in the IT field for work (though circumstances mean I'm in a "transition period" right now).

I've been doing tabletop gaming for years, since college. Play by post is more recent, but still a couple of years now.

Have some experience with M&M. Have a lot of experience with comics. :D

Looking forward to finding my place in the community here.