Secret Identities

Barnum

Secret Identities . . . we all have one. We have heroic names (e.g. Barnum--I know, not very heroic, but you get the idea), and we all wear masks (our avatars) of one sort or another. This thread is your chance to unmask yourself as much or as little as you like. Give us a little bio. Introduce yourself, if you're new. Tell us some of those strange but true facts about you, your life, and your family. Maybe even post a picture or two (*gasps*).

Updated 5/30/09

I'll go first.

I am 18, just graduated from High School today. I'm a complete gym rat. I'm also Greek, and I come from a family of Greek immigrants. My kind love to cook and make babies. :shock:

:D So . . . I'm a good cook. ;)

I've been playing MnM for a little more than 3.5 years, and have been playing in and helping run a MMO-style game much like this one for almost all of that time. I just recently shut down my two MnM sites for the summer. I'm glad to see this one is going strong.

For the past several years I have been the "mom" to my two young cousins whose mother (my 1st cousin) died in a car accident in 07. During that time, their dad (my cousin's widower) and I have fallen in love and have decided to get married. The wedding is August 1st. :D So, needless to say, I have been super busy graduating from high school, becoming a protestant, planning a wedding, planning a honeymoon, planning and preparing to move us all into a new house, and caring for a 2 and a 4 year old. :D

That's my life in a nutshell. Hopefully it will include PbP gaming again very soon.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secret Identities . . . we all have one. We have heroic names (e.g. Barnum--I know, not very heroic, but you get the idea), and we all wear masks (our avatars) of one sort or another. This thread is your chance to unmask yourself as much or as little as you like. Give us a little bio. Introduce yourself, if you're new. Tell us some of those strange but true facts about you, your life, and your family. Maybe even post a picture or two (*gasps*).

Updated 5/30/09

I'll go first.

I am 18, just graduated from High School today. I'm a complete gym rat. I'm also Greek, and I come from a family of Greek immigrants. My kind love to cook and make babies. :shock:

I've been playing MnM for a little more than 3.5 years, and have been playing in and helping run a MMO-style game much like this one for almost all of that time. I just recently shut down my two MnM sites for the summer. I'm glad to see this one is going strong.

For the past several years I have been the "mom" to my two young cousins whose mother (my 1st cousin) died in a car accident in 07. During that time, their dad (my cousin's widower) and I have fallen in love and have decided to get married. The wedding is August 1st. :D So, needless to say, I have been super busy graduating from high school, becoming a protestant, planning a wedding, planning a honeymoon, planning and preparing to move us all into a new house, and caring for a 2 and a 4 year old. :D

That's my life in a nutshell. Hopefully it will include PbP gaming again very soon.

Updated 5/30/09

I'll go first.

I work in community radio, here in Melbourne (Australia) putting together a couple of shows, my favourite of which is a show about comic books called 'Panel Beaters'. I also work at a free-to-air staion here, in the news library archiving and retirieving.

Role-playing wise, its something I'd wanted to do for as long as I could remember, and then when I moved away for uni (to study acting) I thought "What better place to start?" I got involved with a great bunch of peeps down there, and so when I moved back home at the beginning of this year I found I missed the sound of rolling dice. So here I am. I just finished a run of 'As You Like It' and we're moving onto '12th Night' before the end of the year - if any of you are in the area, come on down! :D

...oh, and I'm a Libran who enjoys black and white movies and long walks on the beach. ;)

I work in community radio, here in Melbourne (Australia) putting together a couple of shows, my favourite of which is a show about comic books called 'Panel Beaters'. I also work at a free-to-air staion here, in the news library archiving and retirieving.

Role-playing wise, its something I'd wanted to do for as long as I could remember, and then when I moved away for uni (to study acting) I thought "What better place to start?" I got involved with a great bunch of peeps down there, and so when I moved back home at the beginning of this year I found I missed the sound of rolling dice. So here I am. I just finished a run of 'As You Like It' and we're moving onto '12th Night' before the end of the year - if any of you are in the area, come on down! :D

...oh, and I'm a Libran who enjoys black and white movies and long walks on the beach. ;)

I started with Mutants and Masterminds when I picked up a used copy of Mutants and Masterminds, 1st Edition at my local gaming store. 2nd Edition had already come out by then, but hey - a 10 dollar game book vs. a 40 dollar game book - how big could the differences be?

As I read through it, I found that this system took just about everything I liked from the D20 system and hacked off the levels. It really felt a lot more like superhero gaming, and when I saw the freelancer fundraiser, I finally decided to order 2nd Edition from Green Ronin. My copy of the core still has the Post-It note from Nikchick, thanking me for supporting them.

And come to think of it, I'm still waiting for the other fundraiser limited edition book. I wonder whether they'll send it to the right house when it finally comes out. Something to go check on... :D

I started with Mutants and Masterminds when I picked up a used copy of Mutants and Masterminds, 1st Edition at my local gaming store. 2nd Edition had already come out by then, but hey - a 10 dollar game book vs. a 40 dollar game book - how big could the differences be?

As I read through it, I found that this system took just about everything I liked from the D20 system and hacked off the levels. It really felt a lot more like superhero gaming, and when I saw the freelancer fundraiser, I finally decided to order 2nd Edition from Green Ronin. My copy of the core still has the Post-It note from Nikchick, thanking me for supporting them.

And come to think of it, I'm still waiting for the other fundraiser limited edition book. I wonder whether they'll send it to the right house when it finally comes out. Something to go check on... :D

Lets see..In life im a 20 year old library janitor..i make 13.10/hr so its cool, and its part time for a few weeks until the new uber libary opens..when *not* helping my cancer bearing mom or legally blind brother with somthing..housework, homework, ect..I like reading(alot), most movies, eating, sleeping, messing with my computer..exept that it has vista pre-installed so I cant play any of my normal games(wich is complete bull)..I"ve only gotten into m&m in the past 3 months so while I dont like to use the term "n00b" is a good way to describe me..what I lack in skill I make up for in a sadisticlly brutal imagination :mrgreen: Anyways, if you wanna know more..ask(im/pm..whatever)

Lets see..In life im a 20 year old library janitor..i make 13.10/hr so its cool, and its part time for a few weeks until the new uber libary opens..when *not* helping my cancer bearing mom or legally blind brother with somthing..housework, homework, ect..I like reading(alot), most movies, eating, sleeping, messing with my computer..exept that it has vista pre-installed so I cant play any of my normal games(wich is complete bull)..I"ve only gotten into m&m in the past 3 months so while I dont like to use the term "n00b" is a good way to describe me..what I lack in skill I make up for in a sadisticlly brutal imagination :mrgreen: Anyways, if you wanna know more..ask(im/pm..whatever)

Let's see here... I've worked as a janitor, day care worker, computer hardware installer, retail monkey, writer, and I'm currently an underwater mantainence technician (not as glamorous as Clive Clussler would have you believe :D ) in Olympia, Washington. I'm also currently going to school so I can actually continue my writing career, but it's brutal going to night classes after dragging yourself around the water for six hours a day wearing one hundred plus pounds of dive gear.

Hobbies - who has the friggin' time? Well, beyond this, I've dabbled in the forbidden realm of fanfic writing (Gasp! The anti-literary sience! :mrgreen: ) and done some reviews for a local paper concerning computer/console games. Submission stuff, really. I run a FtF game powered by GURPS in a setting of my own design, The New Age of Masters. Not too much stuff there as of yet, but this is my little introduction to the setting. Beyond even that, I play in two more FtF games, one HERO powered game that's been running for better than a year and a half with the same characters, and another group that can't play in the same game system for more than a month in a row. I love 'em both, though. ;)

Next?

Let's see here... I've worked as a janitor, day care worker, computer hardware installer, retail monkey, writer, and I'm currently an underwater mantainence technician (not as glamorous as Clive Clussler would have you believe :D ) in Olympia, Washington. I'm also currently going to school so I can actually continue my writing career, but it's brutal going to night classes after dragging yourself around the water for six hours a day wearing one hundred plus pounds of dive gear.

Hobbies - who has the friggin' time? Well, beyond this, I've dabbled in the forbidden realm of fanfic writing (Gasp! The anti-literary sience! :mrgreen: ) and done some reviews for a local paper concerning computer/console games. Submission stuff, really. I run a FtF game powered by GURPS in a setting of my own design, The New Age of Masters. Not too much stuff there as of yet, but this is my little introduction to the setting. Beyond even that, I play in two more FtF games, one HERO powered game that's been running for better than a year and a half with the same characters, and another group that can't play in the same game system for more than a month in a row. I love 'em both, though. ;)

Next?

Next?