Secret Identities

Barnum

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, hi. I'm GoldenLantern. I'm 17, and I like Green Lantern(I LOVE GUY!), JLI stuff in general, Booster Gold, Avengers, and have been looking at X-Men for some time. I also read Powergirl. I've been reading a lot of Gotham City Sirens and Birds of Prey. I LOVE BOOSTER GOLD! I also like axis powers hetalia and Bacanno.

Hello!

My name is Carces. I'm in my 20's and I enjoy writing and role-playing very much.

I grew up with a 1st edition D&D Player's Handbook in my hand. I've played all sorts of tabletop RPGs for years upon years. Mutants and Masterminds is a relatively new thing for me, though.

When I'm not role-playing, I play a lot of video games and enjoy the occasional movie or two. While I work to improve my writing capabilities, I sing to make ends meet.

Hi there. My name is Steve and I'm a roleplayer and comicbook geek.

*The crowd calls back in a monotone voice*: Hi Steve.

:mrgreen:

I stumbled across the site recently, while looking for a Superhero roleplay site that wasn't simply just another Xavier's school for the emo-mutants game. Far too many of those around, I've found. :lol: I'm new to Mutants & Masterminds, though not to d20. I'm a MSH player from way back, and have been reading comics since I was a kid. I've GM'd both fantasy and Superhero games and I'm looking forward to figuring out what I want to play and finding my niche here.

Um, that's about it for now. Stay tuned, I suppose.

Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel.

~Steve/Shift X

• 2 weeks later...

Hail all!

I am Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp, fan of the Western superhero comics industry, mostly of the American invention of Superman. I am a youth of the 18-24 demographic, my sign is of Taurus, I love history of all kinds as well as old Fritz Lang movies, and my favorite author is British novelist Arthur Ransome. My favorite book is The Lord of the Rings, due to its wonderful story as well as its attention to the simple issues most faerie stories ignored.

My next-to-immediate family composes mainly of German emigrants from the 1930's to the 1940's, and utter mystery(as I am not privy to one side of the family).

I am personality-wise bland and glum in most day-to-day affairs, with an over-active imagination that serves me little in any practical way.

I found out about M&M from a picture I saw on a blog I read, the picture being of the cover of the second edition. The scene it depicted went straight to my heart and soul, and I knew I had found the pnp system I had dreamed of.

I have only just begun to play M&M, and as I live many leagues from nowhere I thought this forum a Godsend for the hobby.

As you have no doubt observed I have a distressing tendency to write in an unholy mixture of the uncommunicative and the over-verbose. Hopefully I shall amend this in short order.

I adore ships and the sea, soon the waters of Freedom city shall know true sentryship!

Hello people.

My name is Torrey, a 22 year-old, from the US of A. I don't really read many comic book, save for some Deadpool every once and a while. Other that that comic-wise nothing really of note except an irrational hatred of Superman, nothing really against it specific, I just strongly dislike him (Just don't ask me about it or bring it up, just... just don't.)

My interests include table-top gaming, video gaming (heavily into RPG's, absolute favorite game of all? Persona 3 and 4 I can't choose just one!), working (unloading trucks and moving inventory, don't mind it that much), hanging out with people, and music (can't play anything, but I love my music.) Oh yeah and statistics, don't know why just find them facinating, and I plan on actually furthering my education with statistics as my primary feild.

Played my first table-top RPG (DnD) my freshman year of high school, (nothing special about it), didn't play again for about a year except for a PbP free-forum RPG I found, sadly it suddently shut down for some reason. Fell in love with tabletops on my second time playing, great group they were, but they all left for college and stuff. Since then I found another group at my local gaming store, made of older more experienced gamers, (I'm the youngest by about 6-7 years.) They exposed me to many games other then DnD, Star Wars, D20 modern, Deadlands, Action Hero, Hero System, and of course Mutant and Masterminds. I'm still kind of new to it and point buy in general, but it doesn't seem like a very hard system to learn, (not like the Hero System Gah!) so not a total scrub but not a hyper competent player. Played in a grand total of two M&M games.

BTW found this site through TV Tropes. Haven't play a PbP game in forever and a day so really happy to play again.

As for my profile name? Why Grotesque you ask? It's my favorite word in the English language, that's all.

Ummmm... let's see what else... what else... Oh I know! How about a picture of me eh? Eh?

Eh, its a Christmas photo but only one I can find, oh well.

Moment Mori (I just like saying this sometimes.)

Welcome, new peoples!

I'm still kind of new to it and point buy in general, but it doesn't seem like a very hard system to learn, (not like the Hero System Gah!)

So very, very true. Though there are some elements of the HERO system that will definitely help you wrap your brain around M&M (as opposed to someone who comes from just a D&D background), since they both use many of the same ideas.

Moment Mori (I just like saying this sometimes.)

Do you mean Memento mori?

• 1 month later...

'Ello everyone.

Due to my overdeveloped sense of paranoia I won't give my real name, though I'll give some other details. I live in Oregon, and am currently an Art Student.

I've been playing tabletop RPGs off and on since 8th grade, though I didn't start seriously start playing until my sophomore year. I don't have a whole lot of experience with Mutants and Masterminds, though I find the setting interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, I was around about 18 months ago.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi, Glad to see the place is still running (and quit well by the look of it :D ).

For those who remember me, I've been allright, things have been hectic and still not entirely out of the woods yet, (Moving, Depression, medical yada yada yada.) But for the most part everything's going fine.

I've spent the last 8 months studying Writing, and I'm almost finished (well as finished as one can be.) so I'm still seeing how things go, but I'd love to come back to the bords. I just need to be careful about time management, since I love this place, but well it doesn't pay the bills, and I dont want focus all my creative energy on a game, rather than my work.

But anyway, Its great to see you all, for the time being I think I'll just stick my head in, and do a bit of lurking before I make up my mind about returning.

Cheers.

Kavos.

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, I was around about 18 months ago.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi, Glad to see the place is still running (and quit well by the look of it :D ).

For those who remember me, I've been allright, things have been hectic and still not entirely out of the woods yet, (Moving, Depression, medical yada yada yada.) But for the most part everything's going fine.

I've spent the last 8 months studying Writing, and I'm almost finished (well as finished as one can be.) so I'm still seeing how things go, but I'd love to come back to the bords. I just need to be careful about time management, since I love this place, but well it doesn't pay the bills, and I dont want focus all my creative energy on a game, rather than my work.

But anyway, Its great to see you all, for the time being I think I'll just stick my head in, and do a bit of lurking before I make up my mind about returning.

Cheers.

Kavos.

Hi Kav, I remember you! Our two characters were in a thread together called I believe Parkside Angels, so at least one character will remember her if you reactivate her :D

Hi Kav, I remember you! Our two characters were in a thread together called I believe Parkside Angels, so at least one character will remember her if you reactivate her :D

Close, It was err I cant remember what it was called, one of your characters, the shapechanger i believe you were looking for a portal into the fey realms, and my character (the Ember paw) -the kitsune fox-boy who could smell magic- helped you find it. ;)