Holiday Cheer! [OPEN]

Thevshi

Temperance

A rime formed on the glasses. Not enough to crack the glassware and not enough to risk freezing the drinks. And it avoided the hot cocoa and coffee as if by design.

A woman entered the gather in a cerulean gown paired with a white leather blazer, her feet in matching boots. An elegant icy mask clung to her face, and her black hair draped down to her shoulders, braided with chains of ice and snow that shone like crystal. She looked across the gather, her eyes falling on familiar faces... and the air of winter cracked instantly. 

"It's been far, far too long," she said, almost charging her way over to Kimber. "I could feel the snow gathering from outside, and I didn't want to lay it on too thick. How've you been?"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rot

If there was one thing Consuelo knew about, it was social awkwardness. Although she could tell Mizuki was affected by her repulsive aura, she still really liked the girl. She always had a great attitude and a natural humility that Consuelo found refreshing and unusual in the teen super scene. So, when the green-haired outcast observed the subtle telltale signs of awkwardness in her submarine classmate, her heart went out to her.

Hmm. Maybe I can put my natural repulsiveness to good use for once and take a little bit of the heat off of Mizuki. . . .

Still hovering slightly, so as not to damage the flooring, Consuelo floated over to the large knot of super-people conversing somewhat near the nursery area. As she approached, she overheard a pair of supers, maybe in their early twenties, talking about how much more hardcore things used to be at Claremont in their day. Seriously? Aren’t these guys a little young to be acting like Boomers?

As she approached, the uncontrolled aura of her destructive nature stimulated the fight or flight response in anyone within a few paces. The response could be suppressed, but it took effort. She waved to the pair (Luke and Muirne, although Consuelo didn't know them) conversing with Mizuki as she introjected herself into their cluster. “Hey. I go by “Rot”. I’m just another one of the ordinary, totally safe students Mizuki goes to Claremont with. Pretty fancy party, huh?”

On 12/24/2023 at 6:29 PM, Heritage said:

Grimalkin 

"Good lord, you've gotten tall since I saw you last," Grim blurted out like the old Jewish grandmother she secretly was. "I used to change the diapers on this one, and now he's all tall and grown up now! You look amazing, Lawrence."

She gave him a very firm hug before turning her attention towards another of the arrivals

"And Stesha! Give me hugs, you crazy plant lady..."

Stesha laughed and gave Grim a side hug that managed not to disturb the holly wreath in her hair or the child on her hip. "Grim, so nice to see you! It's been much too long! Happy holidays!" She turned her attention to the young heroes in front of them. "And Lawrence, it's good to see you again! Your mom is always full of stories about what you and your friends are getting up to."

She smiled at the young man who introduced himself. "Spaceman," she repeated, "it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Fleur de Joie, but honestly most people here just call me Stesha. It's always good to get a chance to meet the Claremont students, I hope you're enjoying the party!"

Ammy gave Lawrence a little wave, then tugged on her mom's sleeve. "Mom, Therese and Aya from school are upstairs, can I go? Please?"

Stesha nodded, using her power to give the whole property a quick look-over for any signs of brewing danger. "Go ahead, be sure to behave yourselves. And no more than three cookies, they're huge!" Ammy laughed and took off, her steps bouncing as though gravity didn't have quite the hold on her it did on the rest of the room.

Glamazon

Thaelia's smiled widened as Velocity pointed her to the direction of the stronger stuff.  "Your wisdom is most profound.  I shall seek the finest nectars that this Protectron has to offer."  No sooner had she taken a step than did she find herself in the company of Mali.  "I am sure the Tiger Most Crimson knows that subtlety is for those that fear making waves.  No, the center of a storm is where the enjoyment lies."  Then she leaned forward to her muscular friend.  

It would have been a good moment to whisper.  But instead her tone of voice retained the same enthusiastic timber to it.  "Besides it is a party."  That was when she received her first surprise of the evening.  A proper Atlantean salute.  She had met this youth before, and had even traveled with him and his best friend to an abandoned facility that the Sea King operated in when he was ousted from Atlantis.  A bright mind of that she had no doubt, but quite rigid at these festivities.  Thaelia slightly moved her head to point at Heroditus and give Mali notice that she was about to address the youth.

Thaelia returned a salute, this time her tone taking a serious. <"You may relax, young warrior of Atlantis.  Your dedication honors our people.  But..on this night my station is equal to yours.  We all are comrades in arms and celebration.  I trust your understand my words?">  A soft smile forming on her face as she tried to prevent having him stand at attention any time he wanted to speak to her.  If only to avoid herself having to follow any military ceremony in turn.

Shadowborne

Muirne had been thinking of how to steal Luke aside for a private conversation when the feeling of wrongness settled in at Rot's approach. Reflexively her shadows poured out, her outline blurring out into shadows, eyes becoming green pinpoints of light as she stared at Consuelo. Claws formed at the ends of her fingers before she pulled them back, the lingering shadows dancing around her body as she spoke. "I go by Shadowborne. I graduated this year." Her tone was cold, made sinister by the slowly reducing shadows still flowing over her.

What is happening?

Ignoring Aoife's question, Muirne turned to Mizuki, a slightly regretful smile playing over her lips, when they are visible past the liquid darkness playing across her person. "I am afraid I need to steal Nightscale to the side. I wanted to have a private conversation with him. I hope you enjoy your evening " Before she can make her retreat, Aoife wrests control of some of the remaining Schattenwelt energy from her, her face disappearing beneath them. "The party is pretty nice, Rot. Have fun." This time, despite the crawling hiss of the darkness, her voice seems... warmer towards the other girl. 

Timeout

Grimalkin 

"Good lord, you've gotten tall since I saw you last," Grim blurted out like the old Jewish grandmother she secretly was. "He was like one of those spooky kids from Village of the Damned, but now he's all tall and grown up! You look amazing, Lawrence."

She gave him a very firm hug before turning her attention towards another of the arrivals

"And Stesha! Give me hugs, you crazy plant lady..."

Lawrence gave Lynn a smile as she "fussed" over him. She had known him since her return to this dimension and nearly as long as anyone in Freedom City. The blond teen knew that as close as his mother and Lynn were, one regret they both felt was not always being present for important events in each other's lives, from Lynn spending a lifetime raising a family in another dimension to his parents spending what was for them six years outside the timelines after he was born before they returned with him to this timeline. So they both did what they could to cherish the times they did have.

15 hours ago, Electra said:

Stesha laughed and gave Grim a side hug that managed not to disturb the holly wreath in her hair or the child on her hip. "Grim, so nice to see you! It's been much too long! Happy holidays!" She turned her attention to the young heroes in front of them. "And Lawrence, it's good to see you again! Your mom is always full of stories about what you and your friends are getting up to."

She smiled at the young man who introduced himself. "Spaceman," she repeated, "it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Fleur de Joie, but honestly most people here just call me Stesha. It's always good to get a chance to meet the Claremont students, I hope you're enjoying the party!"

Ammy gave Lawrence a little wave, then tugged on her mom's sleeve. "Mom, Therese and Aya from school are upstairs, can I go? Please?"

Stesha nodded, using her power to give the whole property a quick look-over for any signs of brewing danger. "Go ahead, be sure to behave yourselves. And no more than three cookies, they're huge!" Ammy laughed and took off, her steps bouncing as though gravity didn't have quite the hold on her it did on the rest of the room.

"Well, thankfully those have probably been relatively mundane lately, with the exception of Quirk deciding to drop by again a couple weeks ago." Lawrence replied to Stesha with a smile. He gave Ammy a small nod in response to her wave before she left to go find her friends.

As Stesha turned to talk with Parker, Lawrence caught out of the corner of his eye Consuelo's arrival and Muirne's rather dramatic reaction to the aura the green haired girl gave off. The blond teen knew from experience that it could be rather jarring if you were not ready for it, and still could be uncomfortable if you were.

As the two recent Claremont graduates left, he turned to Consuelo and Mizuki. "Good evening Consuelo, you are looking very festive." He stated with one of his charming smiles.

Predator

Jean couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for her friend. Juggling secret identities was more trouble than it was worth in her opinion…

But…, she never had family to protect, and that seemed to be the driving factor in that decision, she had observed.

It didn’t help here that she stood out completely. 

In the end, all she could do was nod and attempt a reassuring smile.

“Being beholden to a higher authority can be… taxing.”

She mused.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, Avenger Assembled said:

"Hey, speaking of, I do have those pictures," she said, "if you want to see."

Of course, pictures were another matter altogether. Jean smiled brightly and happily scooted closer to look at the small screen. The tiny lifeform in Copycat’s arms was very cute indeed, despite being furlessly pink.

“He is adorable. I’m sure he will be quite the handsome man once he grows up and his fur comes in.”

She teased, fairly certain that the child wasn’t genetically predisposed for fur. Though, she did notice the slight point to the little one’s ears so she could not be certain.

“Favors the other half of his genetics?”

She asked as tactfully as she thought she could, hoping it wasn’t a sensitive subject.

GHOST

Kind of amazing, isn't it? Big christmas parties among all the heroes in Freedom and beyond, and somehow, everything is just all fine and dandy, everyone just walking around in their secret identities, chatting and introducing themselves, chatting, being friendly and everything.

Well, not quite everyone. Not the friendly neighborhood Ghost, no. He is in full costume, white and grey, with his goggles pushed up to his forehead, leaving his eyes visible, and his white mask pulled up to free his mouth, leaving him free to eat as many sandwiches as he can reach. He has shaven, and added a red butterfly to his costume for the event. 

Most people tend to keep their distance, but he's used to that. 

At least the food is good.

Spaceman

"I'm honestly not much for parties, but I try," Parker replies to Fleur de Joie. Stesha. She just wants to be called Stesha. Which feels very weird. "It felt rude not to come when invited."

Like Lawrence, he notices the commotion with Consuelo and the shadow woman... person... well, whatever it is. He has learned from experience not to get in her business, but still... 

Parker raises his hand to do a short, awkward wave to Mizuki and Consuelo.

Velocity

The yellow clad speedster had continued making her rounds greeting people. After awhile, Velocity zipped up to a small stage that had been set up on one corner of the lobby and been empty for most of the night. Stepping out with a microphone in hand she looked out over the crowd as she turned off the music that had been playing.

"Good evening everyone." She said into the microphone with a wide smile. "Thank you all so very much for coming this evening. It is so wonderful to see so many familiar and new faces. Everyone here does so much, in ways large and small, to help keep our city, other across the country, and in some cases the world, safe and sound, and to help those in need. Having the honor of hosting you all tonight is just a small way for those of us on the League to express our deepest appreciation for everything each of you do, day in, day out."

"For all those young heroes joining us for the first time, I can remember my very first time being invited to one of these, even if it seems like far too many years ago to think about. Just know, everyone one of us here was at one point or another in the same place you are, starting out and trying to figure it all out. Some had the benefit of Claremont or other mentors that could help guide them. The rest of us somehow found a way to muddle our way through it. So, whatever you may be feeling about all this, just know you will find your way and there a many of us that are more than happy to help if we can. Someday, you may be the one up here giving the speeches instead of me." The speedster finished with a smile. "I would certainly rather be dancing."

"And speaking of dancing and music, we have arranged for a live performance by…." The speedster trailed off as she turned and looked at the empty stage behind her. "Hmmm, something appears to be missing." She stated putting her hands on her hips before turning back to the crowd. "One second."

Velocity became a yellow blur which seemed to fill the entire stage at once and in what seemed like a blink of the eye she came to a halt again in the center of stage, her ponytail swishing to one side at the sudden stop. Around her on the stage was a drum set, speakers, amplifiers, several microphone stands and everything else one might expect for a live band performance.

"Now, as I was saying, we are pleased to welcome a band that includes current and former Claremont students. Multiplicity!" The speedster gestured off to the left side of the stage as she started off the opposite direction, turning off the microphone she had been carrying as she went….

Multi-Girl

Bernadette and her band were just off stage when the announcement was made that the live performance was about to begin. The redhead was still wearing the green dress she had arrived in, but had also put on a red sweater with white collar and sleeve cuffs and a Christmas tree on the front. The rest of the band were also wearing Christmas themed sweaters of various colors, with couple also wearing Santa hats. The Irish teen was looking in a nearby mirror as she reapplied some lipstick.

Summer Sands, the lead guitarist who graduated from Claremont two years ago, had her eyes closed, doing her normal preshow focusing, while the other two band members were still staring around in awe at where they were. Putting the lipstick away as she finished, Bernadette looked over at them given them a small grin. "Time ta focus, ya can go back ta gawkin' an’ askin' fer autographs once we're done. Think o' it as just another venue."

"Easy for you to say, you’re lucky enough to have powers that allow you to be a superhero." One of the other bandmembers said as two additional Bernadettes popped into existence.

Bernadette just grinned as they made their way out in front of the crowd, the two duplicates taking places at two microphones off to one side to provide backup vocals, while the original made her way out to the microphone in the center of the stage and the rest of the band took their places.

As Summer began playing the first song on her guitar, the redhead danced in place as the band began a classic children's song, with a rock edge.

Frosty the Snowman, was a jolly happy soul,

With a corn cob pipe and a button nose, and two eyes made o’ coal

Frosty the Snowman, is a fairytale, they say

He was made o’ snow, but the children know he came ta life one day

There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found,

For when they placed it on his head, he began ta dance around!

Bernadette gave an energetic performance, flawlessly blending the classic lyrics to the rock rhythm being played by Summer and the rest of the band, her duplicates providing some back up lyrics for the song.

As the first song finished, Summer and the band continued on to the next classic song. This time, the duplicates had a much larger roll, frequently providing back-up lyrics and joining Bernadette in the chorus.

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring tingle tingling too

(Ring-a-ling-a ding-dong-ding!)

Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling "You hoo!"

Come on, its lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

As the lively song finished, the band transitioned immediately to the next song, which had a much slower tempo and lower volume. With the slower tempo, Bernadette had come almost to a complete stop, just barely moving side to side with the music. When she began to sing, her lyrics were similarly slower and softer volume.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we’ve no place ta go

Let it snow! Let is snow! Let it snow!

Man it doesn’t show signs of stoppin'

And I brought me some corn for poppin'

The lights are turned way down low

Let it snow! Let it snow!

Both Bernadette and the band continued the slower tempo throughout the song, the duplicates continuing to provide soft backup vocals to complement the lyrics and music. As the song ended, the was a brief pause as the last notes faded away and Bernadette dismissed her duplicates, not needing them for the final song.

Then Summer began the next song, once again returning to a fast tempo, rock inspired version of another classic song. The rest of the band quickly joined in the intro and Bernadette became much more animated in her performance.

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

At the Christmas party hop

Mistletoe hung where you can see

Every couple tries to stop

Rockin’ around the Christmas tree

Let the Christmas spirt ring

Later we’ll have some pumpkin pie

And we’ll do some carolin'

You will get a sentimental feelin’

When you hear

Voices singin’' "Let’s be jolly"

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Bernadette and the band kept the faster rock tempo for the remainder of the song, eventually wrapping up.

Geckoman & Spellbound

The Lawlett-Kenzies found themselves making conversation lightly, trying to navigate to the childcare and more importantly, the bar, when Velocity rolled onto stage to do her big announcement. "Look, this is what I keep telling you, Green. She showboats, that's where speedsters always screw up. Means you can predict where they'll stop." She lifted an arm and pointed an imaginary wand forward. "Fzzzt!" She unfurled her fingers in an explosion. "Blam!"

Chris raised one arm above Cassie and she hopped up, dangling upside down from her father's arm as they headed to the stairs. "Yeah, I was a way better enemy."

Liz pulled a face. "Yeah, of course, you're a waaaay better fighter."

They rounded towards where they'd been told they were keeping an eye on the kids so the grown-ups could get a break. "Ok, lilbit, we're gonna leave you in the care of a cat lady. Neko? I always get lost in this place."

La Puma Negra

Carmen would look down at the card handed to her, looking at it quizzically like a cat that was starting at something that had just caught its attention for good or ill. The small card became her focus during the rest of the conversation, having only ever received a business card as it was from two other people before today, and now had received yet another one in her hands. Mostly crisp, only slightly worn from being stowed away in a pocket or so. 

So enamored by this semi-glossed 80lb car stock that she actually somewhat ignored the smell of the undead revenant and the singing from the onstage performance, only following along with her little group as she read over it. What was she to do after High School? Go home or go to some college? Carmen didn't have the grades to get a full ride and she wasn't sure if she qualified for any other form of scholarship.

The music being played and the sudden shift in the party; plus the quick dispersal of some people, let Michael seize on his next action as he turned to Carmen and Vicki.

Except Bernadette had just revealed- though he had already heard her sing- that she blew any performer he'd ever heard on the radio so far out of the water they landed in Illinois. He had to stop, for once in this entire party, Michael Adon had stopped schmoozing, moving, and making connections like a hungry shark, to instead just stop and listen to his friend play music.

It was refreshing, and he stood stock still, closed his eyes, and let the moment exist. That this was the one thing tonight that had made him slow down. When the songs paused for a moment, he was the first to start to clap, and the feeling of calming down and reminding him to pay more attention to what was around him instead of whatever goal he was chasing led him to examine his two compatriots again, at Carmen's face, he frowned himself and edged closer to her

"Look." he said, pointing off from the crowd. "The comfy chairs are in sight." He smiled. "We could go and take them right now, and we will have won this engagement." he said, almost smugly at how well this has ended out. "Which is good, because man that was a lot of people, even I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at that point." he admitted.

"...Are you okay Carmen?" he asked with concern.

Edited by Poncho

The STORMCROW

Charlie adjusts his tie as he makes his way back into the party. His hair is slightly ruffled, but otherwise, he has done his best to hide any hint of the events under the mistletoe. Still, he is smiling, a big, genuine smile, one where there's no doubt that he means it.

He knows what is about to happen, of course he does. Bernadette and her band. Charlie still haven't told her that he caught their last performance, but at the moment, he is focused on Velocity's speech. One day they might be up there? Maybe. It's what he aimed for one day, but not now. He got other plans. One day he and his friends will be standing on their own stage, not the League's. And he can't wait.

Charlie is brought out of his thoughts when Bernie and Multiplicity takes the stage, and his smile only grows wider as they begin to perform. He suppresses the urge to lean close to the nearest and telling them that he just made out with the singer, and instead just listens to the music, while he begins to move through the crowd to try and find any of his friends. Muirne and Luke should still be here somewhere, at least.

GHOST

"That was nice," Ghost says, having moved over to where Velocity has moved after leaving the scene. His mask is still pulled up to reveal his mouth, a few snacks in one of his hands. His costume is somehow staying nice and clean white and light grey despite it all. "Real uplifting to all the kids out there." He gives her a thumbs up while he talks, even if he sounds tired, like usual. "Guess they can use that, right?"

"Don't think we've run into each other much. I'm Ghost, been with the League a bit, but haven't really gotten to do much with you guys. Life and the city's keeping me too busy to show up to most meetings, I guess."

Velocity

Velocity had moved off stage and was standing over near closed doors to a room off the lobby as she watched Bernadette and her band start to play. Instinctively, the speedster began moving to the music as they played, although she resisted the urge to just start flat out dancing.

Although she remained facing the stage, cheering on the band, she saw Ghost approaching thanks to her goggles and gave him a small glance and smile as he commented on her speech before focusing back on the performance. "Thanks. I wasn't lying about preferring to dance. Ask me to go dance in front of a huge crowd in a cheerleader outfit, no problem. Ask me to give a speech in front of a bunch of metahumans, even if several are the same age as my son, I guess I can if I must. But when I was where they are, I certainly never thought I would be where I am now."

Velocity turned slightly to Ghost as he introduced himself. "I know, I have read the reports you've filed. I read everyone's reports. Lots of time on my hands." She said. "Velocity, amazing how even being on the same team you can go so long without regularly seeing each other. The fact I am often running around reacting to things around the world, rather than in the city, might be a part of that as well."

Spaceman

Parker turns to Velocity the moment she is on the stage, forgetting everything around him for the moment. The Freedom League... they're the ultimate goal to him. Becoming a member, maybe more... becoming like the Centurion. They're all muddling through, all just trying their best. So maybe he doesn't have to put himself up to such high standards yet? Maybe it's fine to just relax and do things at his own pace, instead of trying to be the very best already?

And then... music. That is Bernadette, right? Multi-Girl. She is a few years ahead of Parker, but he has met her a few times. She is good. The band is good. 

And maybe he should follow Velocity's lead and relax a little bit. "Sorry, but, excuse me," he says to Fleur, instead turning towards Mizuki, Consuelo, Lawrence and Baz. "Do you want to get out on the dance floor?" It should be easier with more of them, at least. Then he's not asking anyone specific out with him.

GHOST

"Eh, it was much better than anything I would've come up with," Ghost says with a shrug, before holding up his hand. "One sec." He quickly stuffs the snack he was holding into his mouth and quickly chews, before pulling his mask down over his mouth. "Sorry, it was getting awkward to hold on to that. And I get it. I'm only around Freedom, and I'm plenty busy myself. Lots to do all the time."

"Honestly, I had no idea that anyone ever read those reports." Ghost takes a breath, and then. "So, uh... Sorry about some of the more rambling moments. And the jokes. And, ah, the points where I start going on about how boring it is filling out reports... and the ones where I had to rush off mid report and then never got back to it."

Ashley took a moment to applaud the Claremont kids and Velocity, because that was what you did. 

"Phil's actually a clone of my brother-in-law." She put the phone away and went on. "It's how the Lor do it, it's easier than it is up here. I wanted to adopt but this was a good compromise. The missus was a little hesitant about having a kid at all." It was an unguarded moment, and she tried to move past it. "He's a good baby. Sleeps really well, loves low-G. He's actually up on the Moon with his uncle and mom right now." She snorted. "Which sounds like I'm a lot drunker than I actually am." 

Neko was all smiles when Chris and Liz arrived with their little one in tow, happy that behind her the boys had everything in a semblance of order. "Hello!" Behind her, the parents could see a wide variety of wholesome educational and entertainment activities taking place. Some kindergarten-age kids were watching PATRIOT PAWTROL, that beloved show about the all-American team of dogs who fight crime - for America. Some older kids (nobody looked to be above the age of 12 or so) were hanging back on their phones or chatting with peers. Another group of kids were doing a paper project in the company of one young man, another were watching another as he did a complicated juggling routine. 

There were a few twists, of course - the obvious non-human children here, the way the young man working on the paper was levitating and folding it with his mind so the little kids could see it happen, the six arms on the juggler, the hovering translucent girl, no more than two feet high, who was just flying through the door marked BABIES AND HELPERS ONLY. 

"Welcome!" said Neko with a smile for Cassie, her ears high above her head, her tail curling behind her. "I am Neko Musume and these are my helpers, Leon, David, and Lulu." She pointed back at the baby room for the last one. "They would love to play with you! Will you be staying with us for a while?" 

6 hours ago, Poncho said:

"...Are you okay Carmen?" he asked with concern.

La Puma Negra

Carmen snapped out of looking at the business card to look over to Michael, having absently mindedly followed both him and Vicki without even looking towards them. If it wasn't for the fact that she was superhuman with senses to boot, she'd have likely stumbled around the place, not knowing where to go, "Sorry..." says, pocketing the card in her jacket pocket before seeing the unclaimed chairs.

3 minutes ago, MoonSimply said:

La Puma Negra

"If it's too much for you, it's okay." he said supportively. "We can find somewhere else, I'm sure there's rooms where people aren't hanging around. But..." he looked back at the stage. "Bernadette's really playing some good music. Would you like to dance with me? Show her our appreciation? If that'll help you relax a little."

He was split between how good that music was and how much he wanted to help Carmen; between his desire to make sure everyone knew who he was and making sure his friends weren't suffering. He was, right now, coming down on the side of his friend he could help, at least at this moment.

Edited by Poncho
On 12/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, Kaede Kimura said:

Unable to help herself she leaned over to faux whisper in Mizuki's ear, "It really was, there was a dragon, and a shadow monster! Some of the students weren't much better either, we had one guy who would steal everyone's secrets, and another who kept destroying the textbooks." She winked at Luke, before speaking more normally, "I'm Muirne by the way, Shadowborne in costume."

"Yeah, 'teerrifyiing'..." Luke shifted to a 'playfully scary' voice. "Or lovable, depending on who you ask." He grinned and playfully tickled Muirne. 

"But my bet is, that not much has changed on that front, we all have our own form of weird and the school is cool like that." The young man smiled fondly, in truth, his few years of Claremont had been full of so much precious memories that he had decided he was gonna treasure (or hoard much likely) forever. 

"Anyway... I am sure we are gonna have plenty occasions to meet on the field, I mean, my... terr- well turf...." he chuckled. "Is pretty close to Claremont."

The young man felt a shiver run down his spine as a weird sense of uneasiness seemed to pervade him when the newcomer, another student, arrived. "Hey... Nice to meet you as well... L- Nightscale here." He forced himself to offer an handshake, albeit visibly with some effort to fight the strange sensation.

The young man tensed up a little as he saw the shadow gathering around Muirne, but he quickly relaxed when things seemed to get back under control.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

"I am afraid I need to steal Nightscale to the side. I wanted to have a private conversation with him. I hope you enjoy your evening " 

"Uh ok..." He nodded, with a slightly puzzled expression. 

"Is it something we can discuss over a dance?" He offered with a soft smile. "I have been practicing, you know?

Edited by Nerdzul

Timeout

When his mother had taken the stage, Lawrence turned to listen, preparing himself for the possibility she might just take the opportunity to call him out. Thankfully, she had not done so, and he clapped as she finished along with others in the crowd and watched as the band took the stage.

While he had heard that Bernadette was in a band and performed around town, he had not realized they had a more rock inspired focus, nor that Bernadette was as good a singer as she was. The band was finishing up when Parker caught his attention when he asked the group of gathered Claremont students if they wanted to head out to dance. He glanced over to Mizuki, Consuelo and Baz with a smile. "Sounds good to me, I expect the dance floor is going to be opening up." He stated, nodding toward the stage, as Velocity made her way back up onto it.

Lawrence knew his mother, she was not one to turn down an opportunity to get on a dance floor, and she certainly ensured there was a space for dancing in the past at this event.