Character Edits, v4

Doing to do a minor "overhaul" to Atlas.

First, turn the Leaping 3 inside of his Alternate Form into a Dynamic Alternate power of Super-Strength, making Super-Strength Dynamic in the process. No net point change.

Next, move 2 points of Enhanced Strength from inside the Alternate Form to outside. This will in effect cost 2 points.

Then covert the Enhanced Strength 4 and Enhanced Constitution 4 outside of the form into points in Str and Con, which will bump his normal values up to 28 a piece. This will result in having 40 points in Stats and 69 in Powers.

Finally, fill that 2 point "gap" in Alternate Form with Regeneration 20 PF: Persistent, Regrowth. The damage conditions are to be filled in this order (Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled, Bruised, Injured...)

This is all just due to Altas's transformation changing and becoming more integrated into what he is.

I took care of most of these. I also fixed a few math errors on the sheet - your PP total, your Grapple scores, etc.

According to my math, you still have 1PP unspent.

If I interpreted this correctly, you want to add Regeneration as a Dynamic AP of your Super-STR/Leaping array. This gives me great pause. With 2 feats, that's up to rank 22 Regen. Which is enough to heal just about every damage condition in 1 round with no action required. As an AP. I think you should discuss this with the other Refs. So I left that part out. As it stands, you have 2PP unspent within the AltForm.

I also looked up Fast Fade in MeMa, and there it's listed as a Drawback, not a Flaw. Unless there was some house ruling I'm unaware of (and I apologize if there was), that puts your Alternate Form about 11PP over budget.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take away Angel's goggles. Fold the four points into an extra rank of Device for the bracers. With those 5 points take the flaw off of Concealment. Add 1 more rank to Concealment, and add normal hearing to the descriptors. Then add a Power Feat to Concealment, Close Range. Change Kinetic Control into Energy Control, add the Variable Descriptor feat to it. This shouldn't cost anything because the main power it's AP'd off of is 19 points and Kinetic Control is only 16 points at the moment. Finally, change Japanese to Italian.

You have 2PP left to spend on your Device. The powers only total up to 28PP right now.

EDIT: No you don't. Visual senses cost double. My bad. Disregard this.

I don't know if you know, but your Unfettered Might AP is only using 18PP of the 24PP available in the array slot.

I am aware. Due to PL caps his Enhanced Str can't be higher, and his level of Super-Str puts his Hvy Load at 66.6 tons, an amount that's too perfectly fiendish to change (at least for now). I could probably add a few more Super-Str PFs, but none really struck me as being a good it.

By my count, you've spent 167PP, not 169. Feel free to have someone else double-check my math.

Oh?

Abilities 6 + Combat 20 + Saves 14 + Skills 19 (76r) + Feats 7 + Powers 114 - Drawbacks 9 = 171pp ?!

Uhhhh... crud.

Ah, I see the problem: the Combat section wasn't fully updated -- it's correct on the Combat section itself, but not in the Totals at the bottom.

Okay, drop Attack by 1, to

Combat: [8 on Attack, 10 on Defense = 18pp]

Attack: +10, +12 w/ "Internal Infernal Combustion" (+4 without Powers)

Totals: Abilities 6 + Combat 18 + Saves 14 + Skills 19 (76r) + Feats 7 + Powers 114 - Drawbacks 9 = 169/169pp

and that should fix things up.

DONE BY SHÆNTHEBRAIN

Right, a number of changes hereby requested on Exile (altered/updated sheet available further down). None of the changes are particularly major, nor do I believe they'll be cause for concern, but since there are so many I'll list them in order.

First, removals. [1pp available]

- Lower Strength from 10 to 8 (+2pp) [His body is now in the eighties, and physical strength isn't exactly a top priority for Exile (besides, I needed to find a few points somewhere]

- Lower Bluff by 2 ranks, Concentration, Gather Information and Knowledge (Technology) by 1 ranks (+1.25pp (going to level out)

- Remove Second Chance [Arcane Lore] (+1pp) (going to be replaced)

- Remove both Knockback and Reduced Range from the AP: Blast of Sorcerous Mastery (+/- 0pp)

- Remove Penetrating from AP: Strike, and lower Extended Reach to 1 (AP, so no change)

- Break open the "Nudging the Universe" Container, move Enhanced Attack and Enhanced Feat into the rest of the powers while retaining their descriptor and then lower Enhanced Feat to 4 by removing Luck 2 (+2pp) (Can't say I ever intended to have them as a Container, must have happened behind my back.)

- Break the Supernatural Nature Container (works better as separate powers) (-)

- Lower Enhanced Constitution to 10 (+3pp)

- Remove the Continuous Duration on the Morph (+2pp)

- Lower Regeneration to 1 (+2pp)

Additions [14.25pp available]

- Raise Con by 3 (-3pp) (Exile is modifying his body to be in better health even without ongoing magical assistance)

- Raise Notice by 1 rank (-0.25pp)

- Raise Benefit (Wealth) to 2 (-1pp)

- Raise Equipment to 5 (-2pp) (going to HQ)

- Add Luck 2 (-2pp)

- Add Skill Mastery [Gather Information, Knowledge (Arcane Lore), Notice, Sense Motive] (-1pp)

- Change HQ to

Equipment:The Gentle Mansion (25ep)

Size: Large/Gargantuan (4ep)

Toughness: 20 (3ep)

Features: Combat Simulator 2, Dual Size, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Holding Cells [Nullify 11], Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Personnel [semi-Ghostly Servants], Power #1 (2), Power #2, Power System, Security System 3 (DC 30), Self-Repairing 2 (18ep)

Power #1: ESP 9 [All Senses, 20.000 miles (Anywhere on Earth), Extras: No Conduit, Flaws: Action [Full] PFs: Subtle, Rapid 6 [x1.000.000]] and Enhanced Skill 3 [search 12] (Masters Scrying Chamber) (37p)

Power #2: Enhanced Intelligence 8, Enhanced Skill 14 [Knowledge] [useable by others] (Mental Enchantment and Masterful Library) (22p)

- Add Autofire to AP: Strike and raise Enhanced Feat to 2 for the following

AP: Strike 12 (The Armoury of Mystic Warriors; Extra: Autofire; PFs: Accurate, Extended Reach) and Enhanced Feat 2 (Accurate Attack, All-out Attack)

- Add AP Snare 9 (Mystic Chains; Extra: Regenerating, PF: Reversible) to Sorcerous Mastery (-1pp)

- Add for ranks of Super Sense, getting this: Super-Senses 8 (Spatial Awareness [Mental; Accurate (2)], Mental; Acute (2), Detect Magic (1), Ranged (1), Radius (2)) (8) (-4pp)

And for your convenience, and ease of copy/paste I hereby present this updated sheet, with actual DC Block (was previously missing)

[u][b]Stats:[/b][/u] 28pts

[b]Strength:[/b] 8 (-1)

[b]Dexterity:[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Constitution:[/b] 26/16 (+8/+3)

[b]Intelligence:[/b] 20 (+5)

[b]Wisdom:[/b] 20 (+5)

[b]Charisma:[/b] 14 (+2)

[u][b]Combat:[/b][/u] 16pts

[b]Attack:[/b] +8*/ +6**/ +4 [*Sorcerous Mastery Powers, **“Nudging the Universeâ€Â]

[b]Grapple:[/b] +5/+20* [*Dweomered Might]

[b]Defense:[/b] +8*/+4 [+2 Flatfooted] [*“Nudging the Universeâ€Â]

[b]Knockback:[/b] -6 / -3

[b]Initiative:[/b] +0

[b][u]Saves:[/u][/b] 7pts

[b]Toughness:[/b] +12/+7

[b]Fortitude:[/b] +8/+3 [+8/+3 Con, +0]

[b]Reflex:[/b] +3 [+0 Dex, +3]

[b]Will:[/b] +9 [+5 Wis, +4]

[u][b]Skills:[/b][/u] 22pts [88 ranks]

Bluff 8 (+10)

Concentration 3 (+8)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disguise 0 (+2; +12 w/ Morph)

Gather Information 13 (+15)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 16 (+21)

Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (History) 2 (+7)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (Technology) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) 1 (+6)

Notice 10 (+15)

Search 3 (+8)

Sense Motive 12 (+17)

[u][b]Feats:[/b][/u] 13pts

Benefit (Wealth/Rich) 2

Equipment 5

Luck 2

Power Attack

Ritualist

Skill Mastery [Gather Information, Knowledge (Arcane Lore), Notice, Sense Motive]

Well-Informed

[quote][b]Equipment:The Gentle Mansion[/b] (25ep)

[u]Location:[/u] Port Regal 

[u]Size:[/u] Large/Gargantuan (4ep)

[u]Toughness:[/u] 20 (3ep)

[u]Features:[/u] Combat Simulator 2, Dual Size, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Holding Cells [Nullify 11], Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Semi-Ghostly Servants], Power #1 (2), Power #2, Power System, Security System 3 (DC 30), Self-Repairing 2 (18ep)

[u]Power #1:[/u] ESP 9 [All Senses, 20.000 miles (Anywhere on Earth), [i]Extras:[/i] No Conduit, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full] [i]PFs:[/i] Subtle, Rapid 6 [x1.000.000]] and Enhanced Skill 3 [Search 12] ([i]Masters Scrying Chamber[/i]) (37p)

[u]Power #2:[/u] Enhanced Intelligence 8, Enhanced Skill 14 [Knowledge] [Useable by others] ([i]Mental Enchantment and Masterful Library[/i]) (22p)[/quote]

[u][b]Powers:[/b][/u] 81pts

[b]Enhanced Attack 2[/b] ([i]Nudging the Universe[/i]) (4)

[b]Enhanced Constitution 10[/b] (10)

[b]Enhanced Feat 4[/b] ([i]Nudging the Universe[/i]) (Dodge Focus 4) (4)

[b]Comprehend 3[/b] [Languages] (6)

[b]Immunity 3[/b] (Aging, Disease, Poison) (3)

[b]Morph 2[/b] (humanoids, +10 to Disguise; Drawback: Action 3/Full) (1)

[b]Protection 4[/b] (4)

[b]Regeneration 1[/b] (Resurrection 1/one week; Extra: True Resurrection; PFs: Persistent, Regrowth) (4)

[u][b]Sorcerous Mastery 14[/b] [/u](Array, 28pp powers; Feats: Variable Descriptor 2 (Any Magic), 5 Alternate Powers/Spells] [35 pp]

[b]Base: Spatial Control 8[/b] (Extra: Accurate [+1 Extra]; PFs: Change Velocity, Change Direction, Turnabout, Triggered [knocked unconscious; teleport to Gentle Mansion])

[b]AP: Blast 12[/b] (Sorcerous Blast; PFs: Accurate, Indirect 3)

[b]AP: Corrosion 12[/b] (The Black Blade; Flaw: Distracting [-1 Flaw]; PFs: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable)

[b]AP: Enhanced Feats 2[/b] (Attack Focus [Melee] 2) and Enhanced Strength 26 (Dweomered Might)

[b]AP: Snare 9[/b] (Mystic Chains; Extra: Regenerating, PF: Reversible)

[b]AP: Strike 12[/b] ([i]The Armoury of Mystic Warriors[/i]; Extra: Autofire; PFs: Accurate, Extended Reach) and Enhanced Feat 2 (Accurate Attack, All-out Attack)

[b]Super-Senses 8[/b] (Spatial Awareness [Mental; Accurate (2)], Mental; Acute (2), Detect Magic (1), Ranged (1), Radius (2)) (8)

[b][u]DC Block[/u][/b]

Unarmed------------Melee-------DC14 Toughness (Staged)-----Bruise/Injury

Sorcerous Blast-----Ranged------DC27 Toughness (Staged)-----Bruise/Injury

Corrosion ----------Melee--------DC 22 Fortitude (Graded)------Drain Toughness

---------------------------------DC 27 Toughness (Staged)----Bruise/Injury

Dweomered Might---Melee--------DC 27 Toughness (Staged)----Bruise/Injury

Mystic Chains------Ranged-------DC 19 Reflex (Staged)---------Entangled/Helpless

Mystic Armoury----Melee---------DC 27 Toughness (Staged)----Bruise/Injury

Costs: Abilities (28) + Combat (16) + Saves (07) + Skills (22) + Feats (13) + Powers (81) - Drawbacks (00) = 165/165pp

Done by Sandman XI

I took care of most of these. I also fixed a few math errors on the sheet - your PP total, your Grapple scores, etc.

According to my math, you still have 1PP unspent.

If I interpreted this correctly, you want to add Regeneration as a Dynamic AP of your Super-STR/Leaping array. This gives me great pause. With 2 feats, that's up to rank 22 Regen. Which is enough to heal just about every damage condition in 1 round with no action required. As an AP. I think you should discuss this with the other Refs. So I left that part out. As it stands, you have 2PP unspent within the AltForm.

I also looked up Fast Fade in MeMa, and there it's listed as a Drawback, not a Flaw. Unless there was some house ruling I'm unaware of (and I apologize if there was), that puts your Alternate Form about 11PP over budget.

Yep, still 1 unspent pp, I'm banking it for now.

Also, his grapple scores were correct. We've been ruling that Attack Focus Melee adds to your grapple checks.

Human Form = +3 Attack + 3 Attack Focus Melee + 9 Strength modifier = + 15

Alt Form = +3 Attack + 3 Attack Focus Melee + 15 Strength modifier + 11 Super-Strength + 4 Size modifier = +36

I see your point with the regen, I'll take it up with the others.

Fast Flaw was in fact a house-rule'd flaw. I made the name up, I was unaware there was anything with the same name. Effectively, I lose 1 rank per round rather than 1 point per round, making it a -2 flaw. This is because Atlas was originally built with the Battle Form power from Mecha and Manga, after Doc shot a few holes in that in the Ref cave, I remade the power and cut a bunch of stuff, creating what you see now. Basically Atlas can only hold the form for so long before he has to rest for an hour. I'm going to transition him into a more standard Alternate Form before "buying it off" completely as the transformation becomes more and more permanent.

Thanks for the edits!

As was recently determined, DS's array/dynamic points are off. Currently have 8 unspent and using them to fix and update the array in one shot. Should be (and I think this is right):

Gravity Control 12 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Selective Attack; Power Feats: 9 Alternate Powers, 5 are dynamic) [62pp]

• AP: Blast 14 (Extra: Penetrating; PFs: Accurate x2, Affect Insubstantial x2, Improved Range x2 [Rank x50]) 0 left

• DAP: Communication 20 (Radio; 20 miles) [20]; Super-Senses 18 (adds to Gravitic Field Sense (Acute [1], Analytical [1], Counters Concealment [2], Counters Obscure [5], Distance Sense [2], ], +1 Extended (1000’)[1], Penetrates Concealment [4), Tracking [2]) [17] + Enhanced Skill 8 (Notice +8) [2] 9 left *Dynamic*

• DAP: Concealment 10 (all visual, auditory, olfactory, and radio; Extra: Area; PFs: Close Range, Selective) [43] 5 left *Dynamic*

• DAP: Flight 19 *Dynamic* [10 left]

• AP: Healing 14 (Extra: Total; Feat: Persistent , Regrowth) 0 left

• AP: Radiation Control 10 (Extra: Area (burst), Selective; PFs: Affect Insubstantial 1, Incurable, Reversible) 1left (area max is PL)

• DAP: Space Travel 19 [19], Protective Gravity Bubble ((Force Field 1 (link, Area?)[3] + Immunity 9 (Affect others only, Area)(life support [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation, vacuum)[12]) = [15] 14 left *Dynamic*

• DAP: Telekinesis 14 (ST 70 = heavy load of XXX tons)(Extra: Affect Corporeal; Feat: Accurate x1, Affect Insubstantial x2, Precise) 6 left *Dynamic*

• AP: Teleport 18 (anywhere in galaxy [wormhole]; Extras: Accurate, Portal; Flaws: Action/Full round, Long Range only, Unreliable (limited to 5 uses until recharge/rest due to energy expended; PFs: Progression 2 [25'x25' portal], Dynamic). 5 left (Cost is 2/rank.)

there are still points left in many but I just wanted to get this fixed. I'll figure out the little things later. *shrug*

DONE BY SHÆNTHEBRAIN

Ember Paw

For the time being I'd like to increase Ember's Morph ability up to

Morph 4: (broad group: Humanoids +20 Disguise) [8pp]

His super-sensor's were slightly off power/pp wise (but the total PP was still correct)

It shot be

Super-Senses 9 (All Audio Senses [Extras], Low-Light Vision, Normal Olfactory [Extras], Ultrasonic Hearing) [9PP]

That should leave him with 3pp left unspent for now.

Thanks ;)

DONE BY SHÆNTHEBRAIN

Somewhere during the last round of edits, I let Fleur's dimensional pocket get way too small for comfort. To fix that, I'd like to drop the rank of her dimensional pocket AP to 2, and up the progression to 8, with a resulting capacity of 25,000 pounds.

I'd also like to add the Complication: Compassionate, must safeguard lives, even of bad guys, whenever possible.

DONE BY SHÆNTHEBRAIN

Ember Paw

For the time being I'd like to increase Ember's Morph ability up to

His super-sensor's were slightly off power/pp wise (but the total PP was still correct)

It shot be

That should leave him with 3pp left unspent for now.

Thanks ;)

By my calculations, that leaves him with 1PP unspent, not 3. Morph (Any Humanoid) is 2PP/rank. +3 ranks if it (going from rank 1 to rank 4) costs 6PP.

Your Super-Senses were already correct at 8 ranks / 8PP. Adding an extra like Extended to an entire sense type costs double, so Extended 1 costs 2PP. Low-Light Vision and Ultrasonic Hearing each cost 1PP. And you've got 4PP worth of extras on your Normal Olfactory Sense (which is free). That's 8PP total.

Listing "Scent" in there is redundant, because "Scent" and "Normal Olfactory Sense (Extras: Acute)" are literally the same thing. "Scent" is the way they wrote it in the core book so that people who didn't understand the rules could just mark it down and move on. And your Normal Olfactory (Smell/Taste) Sense doesn't cost any points. Everyone has it by default, and by default, it's Ranged and Radius. Check out the Super-Senses section in Ultimate Power for more details.

Okay, first part of the overhaul for Malice.

Firstly, due to his incarceration, remove all 3 benefit feats. This gives Malice 16 unspent power points

Then, buy 1 rank in Benefit (Shadow Academy Teacher). I don't expect anyone else to buy this, but seeing as how Malice will pretty much be living there, worth the purchase. 15 unspent.

I'll buy 8 ranks in Intimidate just because everyone is going to assume Malice is scary from this point on. 13 unspent.

I'll spend 4 points to buy 2 more ranks in Attack. 9 unspent power points.

I'll spend 4 points to buy another rank in Device. 5 unspent power points.

Increase Protection by 2 ranks. [2pp]

Get rid of the entrapment Immunity. [-3pp]

Get Immunity 1 (magnetic descriptor) [1pp]

Put 1 more rank into Flight. [2pp]

Ground Pounder AP is as follows: Immunity 2 (critical hits), Speed 1, Impervious 2, Immovable 4, Super-Strength 1, Enhanced Feat 1 - Ultimate Toughness [0 pp]

Buy 2 ranks of Impervious [2pp]

Buy 1 AP on weapons Array: Disintegration 13 Flaws: Full Round Action

Buy 1 rank of Luck. 4 unspent power points.

Lastly, increase Malice's intelligence to 24. 2 unspent power points.

That's not entirely accurate. Here's how the Immunity prices seem to stack up from what I can find in books like Ultimate Power and Instant Superheroes:

1PP = Environmental Effects (Cold, Heat, Radiation, Pressure, Vacuum, etc.)

For whatever reason, Kenson decided that "Disease," "Fear," and "Poison" were uncommon enough concerns in a superhero game that they would also be priced at this level.

Uncommon Descriptors ("Magnetism," "Temporal," etc.)

2PP = Damage

5PP = All Effects

Common Descriptors ("Electricity," "Fire," etc.):

5PP = Damage

10PP = All Effects