[b]Trade-Offs:[/b] -5 Damage for +5 Attack, -2 Toughness for +2 Defense

[b]Unspent PP[/b]: 0

[b]Characters Name:[/b] Arrowhawk

[b]Alternate Identity:[/b] John Fraser

[b]Height:[/b] 6’0’’

[b]Weight:[/b] 185 lbs

[b]Hair:[/b] Black

[b]Eyes:[/b] Grey

[b]Description:[/b] Arrowhawk is a tall, menacing figure, broad-shouldered and muscled. He is aclad in a solid-looking black armour, made of many interlocking plates for maximum flexibility. A cape flows down from the shoulders to about knee level, concealing a longbow and quiver clipped to the back of the armour. His face is hidden by a sleek cowl, leaving only his mouth exposed. The eye-slits are covered by red flare-resistant lenses, which can glow in the night if Arrowhawk so chooses. Across his chest is emblazoned the stylised logo of a white hawk in flight.

As noticeable in his civilian identity, John Fraser is visibly aged, beginning to grey and heavily scarred ‘from sports’. However, he takes great pains to be less of an imposing figure to conceal his identity. Due to an 'incident' in a supervillain's HQ, he walks with a visible limp.

[b]History:[/b]

Growing up in Aberdeen, Scotland, John Fraser had a promising career in biology ahead of him. Many admired the quiet, thoughtful young man and his quick grasp on science. But a bunch of mobsters trying both to take advantage of the student financial difficulties on campus and invest in endeavours they’d unlikely be traced to, started offering student loans. But the sky-high interest rates landed two or three of John’s dorm mates in heavy debt until one fateful night when the enforcers came. Refusing to come quietly, the students were gunned down, setting the halls of residence into mass panic. As the enforcers tried to escape, accidental killings led to the deaths of three more students and seriously wounded John.

Recovering, his thoughts turned to revenge. Many had come to know of the mob’s involvement with the loans, and the killings left no doubt as to their involvement. Yet nobody tried to bring them to justice. They were scared. So John spent the remainder of his degree training to bring his friends’ killers down. Using guns would bring him down to their level, so he learned archery and basic martial arts. A mere mortal held no power over these ruthless men, but a symbol of revenge, a predator, could bring them down. Dubbing himself ‘Arrowhawk’ as a tribute both to his methods and to the bird of prey, John did not attend his graduation party. He donned a cloak and attacked a mob safehouse he’d managed to root out, subduing every criminal inside.

But his training had come at a price. He’d become a different person, quieter, more intense. While he still had friends, none were close. He wasn’t romantically involved with anyone. In short, he was lonely. Yet somehow going out in his costume and fighting crime in the alleys and from the rooftops made him feel wanted. And thus Arrowhawk became a legend in the city of Aberdeen, removing the organised crime from a city mostly ignorant of it (“The mob? It’s an American thing, right?â€Â) and inspiring several copycats. Confident that the city was safe in the hands of those heroes who took the job seriously, he travelled Britain and fought organised crime over the next eighteen years. By day, he held down laboratory work and tried desperately to make close friends and find relationships. By night, he was Arrowhawk, more confident than his secret identity and a skilled crimefighter. 

Now, at the age of thirty-eight and still alone and looking for a challenge, Arrowhawk has come to Freedom City. While he had been here a few times in the past (establishing a friendly rivalry with Bowman in the process), now he plans to spend a few years here. He hopes to, as Arrowhawk, defeat the tenacious organised crime in a city full of superheroes, and as John, finally find someone to settle down with.

[b]Complications:[/b] 

Hatred/Obsession (organised crime): The mob killing several students when he was at university led to John Fraser becoming the Arrowhawk. They've also consistently tried to kill him over his crime-fighting career. Thus, his hatred of them makes it difficult for him to trust someone who has been too heavily involved with the mob in the past, regardless of whether they still retain that connection. The obsession has also distracted him from other things like a love life, friends, family, work and in general anything beyond being Arrowhawk.

Honour (won't use guns): Firearms sicken Arrowhawk. He refuses to sink to the level of criminals by using one, and condemns openly those who use them, even if they are his allies. This has become a larger problem since his move to America, where the police carry guns, a fact he is not used to and believes to be wrong. Arrowhawk is psychologically incapable of using a gun despite knowing how to, and would be unable to use one to defend himself even if he had no other choice.

Rivalry (Bowman): In past trips to Freedom City, Arrowhawk established a friendly rivalry with the Bowman, and each frequently seek to out-do the other in archery and close combat skills. However, despite this deeply competitive attitude, both deeply respect and trust the other.

Secret (identity): John Fraser is characterised differently from Arrowhawk by being a lot more quiet and submissive than the aggressive, forceful vigilante. To allow himself privacy and a measure of a social life (should he ever [i]use[/i] that option...), he keeps the two identities apart and doesn't wear any of his costume on his person besides a bullet-proof vest.

Arrowhawk is also at risk at running out of arrows, but this should rarely happen except in protracted battles where he can expend large numbers of them, or in remote areas where he is unable to replenish his supplies. 

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b] 6+10+6+4+6+4 = 38pp

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 20 (+5)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 14 (+2)

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b] 22+20 = 44pp

Attack +11 base, +14 ranged, +16 bows

Grapple +14

Defence +13 (+12 w/o cape, +5 flat-footed)

Knockback: -4 (-3 flat-footed, -2 w/o undercover vest, -1 flat-footed w/o vest)

Initiative +9

[b][u]Saves[/u][/b] 3+5+3=12pp

Toughness +9 (+7 flat-footed, +5 w/o armour, +3 flat-footed w/o armour)

Fortitude +6 (+3 Con, +3)

Reflex +10 (+5 Dex, +5)

Will +7 (+3 Wis, +4)

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b] 152r=38pp

Acrobatics 2 (+7)

Bluff 6 (+8)

Climb 13 (+16, Skill Mastery)

Craft [Mechanical] 13 (+15, Skill Mastery)

Drive 8 (+13)

Gather Information 14 (+16)

Intimidate 13 (+15)

Investigate 4 (+6)

Knowledge [Life Sciences] 8 (+10)

Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 5 (+7)

Knowledge [Streetwise] 14 (+16)

Notice 15 (+18, Skill Mastery)

Profession [Scientist] 5 (+8)

Search 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+11)

Stealth 16 (+21, Skill Mastery)

[b][u]Feats[/u][/b] 26pp

Accurate Attack

Attack Focus (Ranged) 3

Attack Specialization (Bows) 1

Defensive Roll 2

Dodge Focus 2

Equipment 7

Evasion

Improved Aim

Improved Critical (Bows) 1

Improved Initiative 1

Jack of all Trades

Luck 1

Master Plan

Power Attack

Precise Shot

Quick Draw

Skill Mastery [Climb, Craft: Mechanical, Notice, Stealth]

Ultimate Aim

[quote][b]Equipment[/b] (33/35 ep worth)

Staff: Strike 2 (PFs: Extended Reach, Mighty, Subtle [collapses]) (5 ep)

Arrowhawk armour: Protection 4 (4 ep)

Arrowhawk cowl: [i]Commlink,[/i] flash goggles, night vision goggles (2 ep)

Cape array (4 ep): Flight 2 (Flaws: Gliding)

[u]AP:[/u] Shield 1

[u]AP:[/u] Deflect Slow Projectiles 2

Motorcycle – Features: Alarm, Hidden Compartment (11 ep)

Grappling Gun (Super-Movement 1 [swinging]) (2ep)

[i]Binoculars, cell phone, [/i] handcuffs x2, lock release gun, mini-tracer, rebreather (5 ep)[/quote]

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 18pp

[b]Device 5[/b] (Bow and trick arrows, 25 points, Easy to Lose) [15pp]

[b][u]Devices[/u][/b]:

[b]Bow & Trick Arrows Array 9[/b] (18pp powers; [i]PFs[/i]: 7 alternate Powers)

[u]BE[/u]: [b]Snare 6[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Constricting)

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Blast 3[/b] ([i]PFs[/i]: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range], Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Blast 3[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Autofire; [i]Flaws[/i]: Distracting; [i]PFs[/i]: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range], Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Blast 3[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Penetrating 6; [i]PFs[/i]: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range])

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Dazzle 6[/b] (visual, [i]Extras:[/i] Area - Burst)

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Fatigue 6[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Ranged)

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Nullify 6[/b] (technology descriptor, all at once)

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Obscure 6[/b] (visual, 250' radius; [i]Extras[/i]: Independent)

[b][u]Drawbacks:[/u][/b]

Disability (Bad leg, uncommon, minor, -1pp)

[quote]Arrowhawk was hurt badly destroying the headquarters of the supervillain Malice. While it doesn’t hurt under most circumstances, if he moves all-out on foot, make a Fortitude Save (DC 15) each round. Failure means you loses his move action that round.[/quote]

[b][u]DC Block[/u][/b]:

Unarmed --- DC 18/Tough --- Bruise

Staff --- DC 20/Tough --- Bruise

Blast, Explosive --- DC 21/Tough --- Injury; Penetrating 6, crit 18-20

Blast, Standard --- DC 21/Tough --- Bruise [bludgeoning], Injury [others], crit 18-20

Blast, Rapid--- DC 21/Tough --- Bruise [bludgeoning], Injury [others]; Autofire, crit 18-20

Dazzle--- DC 16/Ref,Fort ---- Blinding

Fatigue --- DC 16/Fort --- Fatigue/exhaustion/unconscious

Nullify --- DC 16/Will--- Nullifies tech powers

Snare -- DC 16/Ref -- Snared

[b]Costs:[/b] Abilities 38 + Combat 44 + Saves 12 + Skills 38 (152 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 15 - Drawbacks 1 = Total Cost 172/172

[b]Design Notes[/b]

Arrowhawk is very similar to Bowman, with the differences being in the details. Arrowhawk has a wide choice of skills to use and the experience to use them at full effectiveness, while Bowman is a good leader, has great ability scores and is pretty much more talented than Arrowhawk. His trick arrows are also different.

He is at the very pinnacle of street level, similar to Black Canary and Spiderman. He can hang with international standard teams due to sheer skill and planning, but excels out in the streets. 

I also imagine his motorcycle as one of those models stunt riders use which don’t need you to keep one hand on them. I didn’t think it was worth a Feature, but it wasn’t worth going unmentioned.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a tad leery of the Flying/Shielding/Deflecting cape.

Well, the Shield and Deflect are simply how shields are built in the core book. The Flying I discussed with Avenger, and he indicated he thought it'd be fine, but if you're against it, perhaps I could substitute it for Slow Fall instead?

Well, the Shield and Deflect are simply how shields are built in the core book. The Flying I discussed with Avenger, and he indicated he thought it'd be fine, but if you're against it, perhaps I could substitute it for Slow Fall instead?

But the Shields in the core book are... shields. Large rigid things strapped to an arm, not sometimes-flexible, sometimes-not capes. Equipment (well, non-vehicle, non-HQ Equipment) is supposed to be things you could get without much difficulty in the Real World.

I'd be fine with Slow Fall instead of Flight, since that's basically what a wingsuit is.

But the Shields in the core book are... shields. Large rigid things strapped to an arm, not sometimes-flexible, sometimes-not capes. Equipment (well, non-vehicle, non-HQ Equipment) is supposed to be things you could get without much difficulty in the Real World.

I'd be fine with Slow Fall instead of Flight, since that's basically what a wingsuit is.

I can understand your objection to the Flight, but not whether you're objecting to the Shield construct or not.

However, I don't think wingsuits can be represented with Slow Fall, which doesn't allow you to steer, whereas wing suits are designed to let you do so.

I can understand your objection to the Flight, but not whether you're objecting to the Shield construct or not.

However, I don't think wingsuits can be represented with Slow Fall, which doesn't allow you to steer, whereas wing suits are designed to let you do so.

May I suggest taking this discussion to the Ref Cave or Char Building forum? The answers may have some far-reaching implications for many characters.

Ok looks like my underslept brain forgot to carry some of my edits down the page last night

Under powers for Phalanx

Array 7 (Super-Strength/Flight; PFs: Alternate power, Dynamic)[16]

BE: Super-Strength 6 (PFs:Dynamic, Bracing)

AP: Flight 6 (PFs: Dynamic, Subtle)

Should be

BE: Flight 7

AP: Super-Strength 6 (PFs:Dynamic, Bracing)

As I don't need the dynamic on the base power I don't think since I payed for it on the main array power.

For ease of edit

Thanks

Woo. Done.

You folks know the drill, shower me with praise and gratitude, and point out any errors the computer must have made while I was doing the edits flawlessly.

So we've got Malice's shiny new drawback:

Disability: 1 arm (very common, moderate) [-4]

No further edits at this time.

The drummer from Def Leppard (and Malice) only has one arm

Ok looks like my underslept brain forgot to carry some of my edits down the page last night

Under powers for Phalanx

BE: Super-Strength 6 (PFs:Dynamic, Bracing)

AP: Flight 6 (PFs: Dynamic, Subtle)

Should be

As I don't need the dynamic on the base power I don't think since I payed for it on the main array power.

For ease of edit

Thanks

Not the case actually.

Dynamica Alternate powers, or DAP's cost 2 instead of 1. The Base power also need to be made Dynamic.

So it would be like this:

Flight 7 PF: Dynamic [15pp]

DAP: Super-Strength 7 PF: Bracing [2pp]

Just some book-keeping for Captain Knievel. I bought some ranks of super strength this month. However his grapple modifier does not reflect this.

Please change:

Grapple: +23 (+28 w/ Elongation; -4 to escape rolls w/ Elongation)

to:

Grapple: +22 (+33 w/ Elongation & Super Strength; -4 to escape rolls w/ Elongation & Super Strength)

Book keeping for Breakdown:

I spent the 4pp I had gotten this month, but the top of the sheet still says 95/99pp with 4 unspent pp. Please change this to 99/99pp and 0 unspent pp.

Thanks!

The tentacles hear you!

Ok as I have clarified my understanding of Dynamic with Doc I would like to represent the flight/superstrength array as follows (I think trying to use an array for a single AP was unneccisarily confusing for me at least)

Flight 7 (PFs: Alternate power, Dynamic) [16]

AP: Super strength 6 (PFs: Bracing, Dynamic)

As discussed here

And some tentacles for you!

PL 11 Belphegor has 2 tasty pps. And he's now PL 11.

They can go to his Hellfire Control, bumping it from 11 to 12.

Demonic Powers 12 (24pp powers; PFs: 6 APs) [30pp]

BE: Hellfire Control 11 (PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2) (“Hellfire Bolt”)

AP: Create Object 5 (Extras: Independent, Total Fade [lasts for 10 rounds]; PFs: Precise, Slow Fade 8/1 week [objects fade after 10 weeks], Subtle) (“Object of Desire”)

AP: Comprehend 1 (languages 1 [understand any/all at once]) plus Enhanced Feats 4 (Attractive 2 [+8 Bluff & Diplomacy], Fascinate 2 [bluff and Diplomacy]) plus Enhanced Skills 8 (Gather Information +8) plus Morph 6 (any humanoid, +30 Disguise) plus Mind Shield 8 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“Evil Takes Many Pleasing Forms”)

AP: Emotion Control 11 (PF: Mind Blank, Subtle) (“Dark Passions”)

AP: Enhanced Strength 8 (to 32/+11) plus Super-Strength 3 (to Super-Strength 5 [effective Str 57, Hvy Load 24+ tons]; PFs: Groundstrike, Shockwave) (“Unfettered Might”)

AP: Impervious Toughness 10 (note: Sustained duration) and Penetrating Strength 7 (PFs: Accurate [+12 attack], Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Takedown Attack 2) (“Internal Infernal Combustion”)

AP: Comprehend 1 (languages 1 [understand any/all at once]) plus Morph 6 (any humanoid, +30 Disguise; Extra: Duration/Continuous) plus Mind Shield 8 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“Less Flashy, but Longer-Lasting, Form-Altering”)

Demon powers for the demon!

Oh I forgot to add, Ember has a new Complication

Grimalkin / Lynn now know's Sirius's alternate Identity. so

Complications

Lose end: Lynn Know's that Sirius is Ember which may cause problems if Ember get's publicity as a Villain.

Complications! You has them!

Don't know why I didn't notice this before... but there is more bookkeeping to be done for CapK

Attack: +14 Melee, +8 Ranged (Base Attack +8 [+7 Unarmed (Bruise)] )

should be changed to

Attack: +13 Melee, +15 Adrenaline Cannon; +8 Ranged; (Base Attack +8 [+7 Unarmed (Bruise)] )

*shoos Q out with a broom*

There also seem to be problems with your pics. See previous post.

Ok, new edit with less evil cape of doom.

Add the following drawback:

Disability (Bad leg, uncommon, minor, -1pp)

Arrowhawk was hurt badly destroying the headquarters of the supervillain Malice. While it doesn’t hurt under most circumstances, if he moves all-out on foot, make a Fortitude Save (DC 15) each round. Failure means you loses his move action that round.

Also, reallocate his skills as follows. No change in cost:

Acrobatics -2 ranks, Intimidate +2 ranks, Knowledge [streetwise] +1 rank:

Acrobatics 2 (+7)

Intimidate 13 (+15)

Knowledge [streetwise] 14 (+16)

Ok, next bit. Change his trade-off for -5 DC for +5 Attack.

Increase his Attack by 2, for Attack +11 base, +14 ranged, +16 bows

Then drop his Device from rank 6 to rank 5, with the following change to the array:

Bow & Trick Arrows Array 9 (18pp powers; PFs: 7 alternate Powers)

BE: Snare 6 (Extras: Constricting)

AP: Blast 3 (PFs: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range], Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire; Flaws: Distracting; PFs: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range], Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Penetrating 6; PFs: Improved Critical, Improved Range [75' increment], Mighty 3, Progression [750' maximum range])

AP: Dazzle 6 (visual, Extras: Area - Burst)

AP: Fatigue 6 (Extras: Ranged)

AP: Nullify 6 (technology descriptor, all at once)

AP: Obscure 6 (visual, 250' radius; Extras: Independent)

Add the Jack of all Trades feat.

Increase his Will by 1 pp, for Will +7 (+3 Wis, +4)

Edit his equipment as following:

Increase Protection 3 [subtle] -> Protection 4

Add night vision goggles (1 ep, no extra cost as 2 ep unspent)

Equipment (29/30 ep worth)

Staff: Strike 2 (PFs: Extended Reach, Mighty, Subtle [collapses]) (5 ep)

Arrowhawk armour: Protection 4 (4 ep)

Arrowhawk cowl: Commlink, flash goggles, night vision goggles (2 ep)

Motorcycle – Features: Alarm, Hidden Compartment (11 ep)

Grappling Gun (Super-Movement 1 [swinging]) (2ep)

Binoculars, cell phone, handcuffs x2, lock release gun, mini-tracer, rebreather (5 ep)

Also, to reflect his updated armour, his description needs tweaked.

Description: Arrowhawk is a tall, menacing figure, broad-shouldered and muscled. He is aclad in a solid-looking black armour, made of many interlocking plates for maximum flexibility. A cape flows down from the shoulders to about knee level, concealing a longbow and quiver clipped to the back of the armour. His face is hidden by a sleek cowl, leaving only his mouth exposed. The eye-slits are covered by red flare-resistant lenses, which can glow in the night if Arrowhawk so chooses. Across his chest is emblazoned the stylised logo of a white hawk in flight.

As noticeable in his civilian identity, John Fraser is visibly aged, beginning to grey and heavily scarred ‘from sports’. However, he takes great pains to be less of an imposing figure to conceal his identity. Due to an 'incident' in a supervillain's HQ, he walks with a visible limp.

He should have 1pp left after this edit.

Exploding Vampires for all!

The previous picture did not work possibly because I pulled the url from deviant art because I was lazy. try this:

CaptainKnievelCommission

That picture is hosted on my school's web space. It worked for the chessboards, so it should work for this.

---

Also from Captain Knievel's sheet:

Regeneration 1 (Disabled 1/five hours)

I have NEVER used this. In like 8 months of playing the character. It was originally supposed to reflect my ability to recover from the crash in my character's history, but at 5 hours, I am not sure it even does that anymore. Please remove it.

Please throw the extra point here:

Super Movement 1 (slow fall; Flaw: Limited [Only when you directly and deliberately cause the fall])

To make it:

Super Movement 1 (slow fall)

Edits done by Geez3r

Okay, well the picture got put up, but none of this got done :(

Also from Captain Knievel's sheet:

Regeneration 1 (Disabled 1/five hours)

I have NEVER used this. In like 8 months of playing the character. It was originally supposed to reflect my ability to recover from the crash in my character's history, but at 5 hours, I am not sure it even does that anymore. Please remove it.

Please throw the extra point here:

Super Movement 1 (slow fall; Flaw: Limited [Only when you directly and deliberately cause the fall])

To make it:

Super Movement 1 (slow fall)

Also, would it be possible to get Captain Knievel's DC block adjusted to include the attacks from the Adrenaline Cannon, please? Thanks!

Cool new alternate form for Grim, courtesy of Sand!

Black Dog

Tracking 2 [2pp]

Survival 15 [4pp]

Growth 4 (continuous, Permanent, Innate) [13pp]

No hands [-4pp]

Claws and Teeth 5 (mighty, linked trip 8 [touch range]) [8pp]

Also, Grim's Notice should be +11, due to WIS increase.

Cleaned it up for you, you might wanna add a description :D

Black Dog

Description:

Modifiers:

Str +8

Con +4

Att/Def: -1

Grapple +7

Stealth -4

Intimidation +2

Space 10 ft

Reach 5 ft

Powers:

Damage 6 (claws and teeth; Extra: Linked [Trip 6 (Flaw: Range/Touch)]; Power Feat: Mighty) [9pp]

Enhanced Feat 4 (Fearsome Presence 4 [baleful howl]; Flaw: Sense-Dependant [hearing]) [2pp]

Enhanced Skill 4 (Survival 15) [4pp]

Growth 4 (Extra: Duration/Continuous; Flaw: Duration/Permanent; Power Feat: Innate; Drawback: Decreased Reach [5ft]) [12pp]

Super-Senses 2 (Tracking 2 [olfactory]) [2pp]

Drawbacks:

No Hands [-4pp]