No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

initiative (1d20+7=13)

And on the ride down, switch tentacle-brain to Enhanced Wisdom. Gotta keep his eyes peeled!

EDIT: Actually, how long is the elevator ride down? Would he have the full round needed to switch his tentacle-brains around and a standard action to reconfigure his Gadget? That's, like, nine seconds altogether.

Sorry!

I missed that edit, aparently. I must have seen it like right after you posted :P

The answer is yes. You will have ample time. If you've seen resident evil the movie, you'll know that elevator shafts to large subterranean complexes take a while to ascend and descend ;)

Exxxcellent.

Setting Gadgets to

Enhanced Quickness 2 (Flaw: Mental only); adds to Doc's existing Quickness for a total of Mental Quickness 8 (x500) [1p]

ESP 4 (all senses, 1 mile range [entire building]; Flaw: Medium [cameras for visual, microphones/listening devices for auditory and radio, chemsniffers for olfactory, pressure sensors for tactile, etc.]) ("Sensor Tap, Basic") [12p]

Super-Senses 2 (infravision, ultra-hearing) [2p]

Per this thread, it would normally take 1 hour to use that ESP to search the building, but Doc's Mental Quickness (boosted by the Quickness in the Gadget) reduces that to 7.2 seconds.

What's he looking for? Everything. Specifically, though, where Knievel and Malice and their quirky miniboss squad are.

So ummm.... yea... Never under estimate a nerd, I suppose. (as knievel would say it)

Alright, that's basically going to get you everything that I've thought through here. Because you're not actually looking through your own eyes and your looking through cameras instead, you gain the knowledge that the areas that Phalanx couldn't see through earlier are in fact panic rooms where the executives are held up, etc.

As the elevator begins to slow, you can see that the level you're coming in on is like a T. The elevator is going to land on the top-middle of the T. Long hallways lie immediately to the left, right, and straight ahead. About 100 feet down these hallways is a half-wall barricade. To the left and right there are 10 robots each, taking cover behind the barricades. They seem to be wielding an assortment of weapons from rifles to beam swords. Down the center hallway, there are 10 more robots wielding the same things, only the photon receptors they have are making the light from the lasers on their weapons and armor a different color from their counter parts on the side hallways. In the center, they have Blue items instead of Green.

Appropriately enough, Captain Knievel and Malice lie down the center hallway. At the end of the 200ft long hallway, there is a large reinforced door. (stronger than the ones on the upper floors). Think the blast doors the jedi have to cut through in Star Wars Episode 1. Only, they are the size of something you might see in a hangar bay.

Beyond that is an extremely large room. It is about the size of Professor X's Cerebro in the X-Men movies. Only it has a floor and walls and such. It's just very large, with a domed ceiling. Captain Knievel and Malice are in what seems to be a control room on the side of that room. And a very, very large robot is standing in the dead center of the room, still attached to the cables that seem to be charging it's batteries, or is it?

That's about all I can give you because that's about all I have thought of. But if you have any thought provoking questions about the setting, (Doc or anyone else) let me hear them. I'll answer them in order to flesh things out a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, we didn't drop you because I know first hand the horror that is RL. We're in the elevator before what is potentially the second to last confrontation in this thread. I need you to roll initiative, and make a small post saying what you do while you decend the elevator shaft. Time-wise, you have approximately 30 seconds (5 rounds) with which to do stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

There are 10 robots straight ahead, all firing lasers at you.

There are 10 robots to either side, all firing lasers at you.

They are minions of varying PL. Go nuts!

Initiative is as follows -

Knievel (if needed) 30 - Unharmed

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx2

Jack - 22 - Bruised x1 - HPx

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

If any of this is incorrect, please let me know. Also, it's been a while. Help me out, can you all tell me your stock of HPs?

A note on Area Effects and movement:

The elevator is 100ft from the closest barricade in every direction.

The hallways are roughly 20ft wide, and 10 bots stand behind each of the barricades. Therefore:

:arrow: Area/Line: will hit two robots behind each barricade, Even if fired diagonally

:arrow: Area/Cone: if the cone is 20ft wide at the end, and you target the "back row," of bots, then two at the far front corners will not be hit. If the cone is 30ft wide at the end or larger, then it will hit all the bots.

:arrow: All other areas act normally

:arrow: Any area with a range of Touch, emanating from the user that targets the robots behind the waist - high barricades confers a +2 reflex bonus on the bots behind it, as they may duck and cover

:arrow: in the case of mundane movement, a character must destroy the robot directly opposite the barrier in order to have the ability to cross it. They must cross the barrier in the same turn, or else the other robots will "move into the breach" and make the barrier once again impassible

:arrow: For mundane movement other than flight, let me know what it is you are attempting, as this area affects things like teleport in strange ways.

I think that is all for now.

Quick poll to the three other refs in this thread:

Is Arrowhawk's Enemy complication applicable? Knievel isn't really being "added in" to this thread. The entire point was to fight him. Its my understanding that its only worth an HP if the hero is doing something else, and all of a sudden their enemy shows up out of the blue just to screw with them.

consensus?

2 HP

Take 10 on the Minions, using my 7 5' Shapeable squares to hit as many as possible. That's a 35' line/7' radius, 15' diameter circle, yadda yadda. That should hit a few robots in front. Power Attacking for 3, so 24 to hit, DC 25

And now I'm flat-footed. Joy.

A note on the doors at the end of the center hall. They are highly reinforced. Rather than actually doing the stats out here, I'm just going to put a time limit on breaking them. The only reason I'm doing this is to make the fight with all these mooks a decent challange.

Both Phalanx and Jack were able to either break down or hack open the doors on the above floor. This door, not so much. It will take either of these characters (Or a character with similar destructive abilities) 6 full rounds to destroy this door. If two characters work together, it will take 3 full rounds, etc. The use of Extra Effort will reduce the number of rounds required by 1, on the part of that character. Example: If phalanx and jack work on this door, it takes 3 rounds not six. During the first round, Phalanx applies Extra Effort. It still takes 2 more rounds. During the second round, phalanx again applies Extra Effort. That lowers his contribution to opening the door to a total of 2 rounds remaining (from the original 6, he's down 4. Two from the full round actions and 2 from the extra effort). Therefore with the addition of one more full round action by Jack, the door opens at the end of the second round: 2 full actions from phalanx, 2 extra effort from phalanx, 2 full actions from jack = 6 full actions = door opens.

Any questions?

22 is a miss on the Robots behind the central barricade thanks to their cover!

I'll throw up a GM post in a second.

Jack is up!

EDIT: After talking with ecal, I became aware that I'd forgotten to include the wall granting cover in the IC description. Because of this and an impartial 50/50 roll, I've decided to let him get a re-do on the attack. He power attacks for 3 instead of 5 producing a result of a 24, which does in fact hit. His shapeable area hits 7 of the 10 bots:

Toughness DC 25 (1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=24)

That's three saves, and four failures. As they are just mooks, 6 are still standing. The others are kaput. I will now edit my IC post.

I just now realize that I forgot to make initiative rolls for the robots:

Initiative for the Bots in the center (1d20+8=14)

Initiative for the bots on the left; on the right (1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=13)

New Initiative:

Jack - 22 - Bruised x1 - HPx2

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 6 remaining

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 10 remaining

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 10 remaining

Alright, Jack's gonna use the Speed 1 in his grapple gun to swing into ACTION! clearing the 100'. Once he's over there, an Auto-20 Notice lets him know that these are cyborgs not full-on robots. Then he's gonna get his Takedown 2 on like Donkey Kong. 24 was enough to hit, so he'll take ten on a Power Attack 4 using his Corrosion Energy Blade. That's DC 20 on the Drain Toughness followed by a DC 27 Toughness save. If he takes out the first one, he can make a 5' step to the others.

The first one passes the Fortitude, but Fails the Toughness and goes down. The second one fails both! #3 Fail, fail. #4 Pass, fail. #5 Fail, fail.

Good job! The central hallway is clear!

That will bring up Sarah Prescott!

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 6 remaining

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 10 remaining

Sarah's teleportation is actually Spatial Control, would that matter as far as whatever surprise you have waiting? Because her Force Field, Reflection Field, Mirror Image and Blast are all applications of that.

Spacial Control is just the name given to an Array power structure with the Teleportation effect. The wonkyness that's going on here affects Teleportation effects. Since Spacial Control is based off of Teleportation, it is indeed mucked with.

Strike is Damage - no adverse effects.

Blast is Damage - no adverse effects.

Force Field is Protection - no adverse effects.

Reflection Shield is Deflect - no adverse effects.

Mirror Image is Concealment - no adverse effects.

I think that covers all the stuff on your sheet.\

Please note, and this goes for everyone else as well. You CAN still teleport, I just want to know when you try it, because there is a continuous reactionary trigger that happens whenever you do that in this area.

You hit 6. Three Pass, Three Fail. We'll call that group 2, since they're mechanically the same and go next to each other in initiative anyway it shouldn't matter. Go ahead and include that you downed three of them in your post (you can edit it in).

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 0 remaining

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 7 remaining