No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

Move: Step out of the elevator to get LOS on the group down the right hall.

Standard: Use shockwave Super-Strength PF 130 foot cone DC23 reflex, DC 28 Toughness in failed, DC 21 Toughness if successful.

If stepping out of the elevator doesn't use up my move action I'll fly down the hall to where JoAB is.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be adjacent to the elevator unless you have move by action.

Only one bot makes the reflex His impervious toughness lets him forego rolling toughness. So he is the only one at that end of the hallway that is still standing.

Knievel (if needed) 30 - Unharmed

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx2

Jack - 22 - Bruised x1 - HPx2

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 0 remaining

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 10 remaining

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 7 remaining

We're going to hold here for a minute. I don't have time to update now. I'll get to it later tonight maybe.

Okay, sorry about the hold up here. Let's get this thread moving again!

5 panels on either side of the hallway behind the center barrier open up and spit out one more cyborg each.

They all use their rifles to take aim at Jack and fire.

Power Attack 5 combined attack from 10 cyborgs. DC 28 +2 for each attack that hits beyond the first. (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=25)

Two of which hit on a natural 20. Minions cannot crit, so these are just two DC 28 toughness saves that he has to make.

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 10 remaining

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Doc is up. Note that the first hero point that Jack receives for the bots showing up has been added to his total. The one that he will receive after the attack is resolved has not.

After I post the IC, Doc is up.

---

Okay, I would really like to see this thread get resolved. We've been working on it for far too long in my opinion. Does anyone have any objections to returning to the 24-hour turns?

I will wait for two days (that's Tuesday) for any objections.

Toughness Save x2 vs DC 28 (1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=19) Fffff...

Fine, rerolling the first one: Toughness Save reroll vs DC 28 (1d20.minroll(11) +7=21)

That's a bruise and stun on the first, which mean the second roll was really at +6 (didn't think that through when I was rolling, sorry). He fails the second roll by ten, so he's got two bruises, is stunned and staggered. He'll burn his last HP to remove the stun, I guess.

The Damage DC is +13. Jack was stunned by the first attack, causing knockback. His KB mod was currently -3. He takes KB 10. What a coincidence that the hardness of steel is also 10. Jack hits the wall next to the elevator and has to make a DC 25 toughness save. The wall's save vs. Jack's Toughness (currently +6) it will take a 10 on and get a 20, it missed the DC by 1. It takes a bruised, or whatever objects take. *looks at book* injured right. The elevator wall now has a -1 to toughness saves and is slightly dented.

I'm surprised you fell out of 24-hour response rounds in the first place. I'm fine with you resuming that practice.

Note: Doc's Tentacle-Brain is still set on Enhanced Wisdom, which I had last set it to in this post.

Free Action: Take 20 on a Notice check (thanks to Mental Quickness), getting a 37, realizing that these "bots" are really cyborgs.

Free Action: (Re)Activate Force Field.

Standard Action: Reconfigure Gadgets

Obscure 7 (all senses, 500 ft. radius; Extra: Selective Attack; Flaws: Action/Full Round, Range/Touch, Unreliable)

Descriptor: fluctuating EM field interfering with cyborg and battlesuit systems, specifically their sensory interfaces.

Free Action: Extra Effort to SURGE!

Full Round Action: Activate Obscure, "targeting" everyone & everything except Doc's fellow heroes (and Captain Knievel, since he doesn't have any sort of technological sensory-enhancing stuff)

Unreliable Obscure; 1-10 = no work, 11-20 = works (1d20=13) w00t

Free Action: Use HP to nix fatigue from Extra Effort.

Should have IC post up within the next two hours.

I fell out of 24 hour turns because there were a few of us that had so pretty stiff RL concerns for a while (including myself)

There is one more day to object to 24-hour turns.

That's all fine, Doc.

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 1 remaining

Malice will be up next. I'm going to give Geez3r the chance to do something about your EM field. If he chooses to try and counter it or nullify it with the tools he has at his disposal in the next room, Doc will earn at least one HP, maybe more depending on the nature of the action. For instance, if he uses GM Fiat to stunt a VP and counter your effect somehow, that would be worth two HP. I will be discussing this with Geez3r, and it may never end up happening at all. Either he or I will let you know what the verdict is, and then we will move on from there.

Okay, so here's the final scoop, doc. As they are cyborgs and not robots, they only have partially cybernetic senses. Therefore the Obscure will give them 50% miss chance on all attacks. It will however block any and all cybernetic observation on the corridors that you are in.

With a 37 on a notice check, Doc scores high enough to notice that the cyborgs have metallic pieces in their heads. He can assume one of two things from this. Either these cyborgs never had, or no longer have organic brains. Rather they appear to have positron ones instead. Whatever the origin of these implants, these cyborgs are no longer free thinking or free acting. They obey the orders they are given with machine-like efficiency and such. Therefore for all intents and purposes, they are acceptable targets, just like SHADOW clones would be. They are just robots with organic pieces, rather than the other way around.

Malice Readies an action.

The next groups of bots are up.

The walls behind the third group of bots opens up. 9 more spill out and their ranks fill back up to 10. They will all take shots at the closest target to the central doors. As Both Doc and Arrowhawk have stated they are right next to the elevator, and Jack is on the floor, this will be a toss up between Phalanx and Sarah. Odds Phalanx, Evens Sarah (1d20=7) Phalanx it is.

Miss Chance (11 or better hits); Power attack 4 DC 26 on hit (1d20=10, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=15, 1d20=13, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=3, 1d20=9, 1d20=17, 1d20=8, 1d20=4, 1d20=14, 1d20=20, 1d20=6, 1d20=11, 1d20=16, 1d20=14, 1d20=13)

As it happens, none of these attacks matter. Anything here that hits just bounces off his impervious.

The robots at the other end of the hall go. 3 more appear to support their comrades. They learn from their fellows mistakes well enough. They will attack Sarah

(14:35:05) ShaenTheBrain: Like there's 2 different Concealment effects at work? No, I don't believe they'd stack.

(14:35:09) ShaenTheBrain: Oh, right.

(14:35:20) quotemyname: but I do have to roll them both, right?

(14:35:28) ShaenTheBrain: I don't think so, Q.

(14:35:32) quotemyname: okay.

So sarah's 50% miss chance does not benefit her in this case because there already is one in place.

miss chance (11 or better hits) (1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=8, 1d20=19, 1d20=1, 1d20=14, 1d20=4, 1d20=20, 1d20=18, 1d20=18) 6 possible hits.

Power attack 5 vs Sarah; -2 for range; DC 27 on hit, (needs nat 20) (1d20-3=-2)

Power attack 5 vs Sarah; -2 for range; DC 27 on hit, (needs nat 20) (1d20-3=10, 1d20-3=3, 1d20-3=16, 1d20-3=4, 1d20-3=8) they all miss.

And so we are back to the top of the order.

Knievel Readies an action should anyone come through the door.

Jack - 22 - Bruised x3, Staggered, Stunned until 14 - HPx1

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Arrowhawk, you're up. IC post incomming.

Ecalsneerg, It's been well over 24 hours. You have been skipped. Jack is up.

Initiative and Status

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Jack you are stunned. But as you have an HP remaining, I'm going to wait on your decision on whether to clear it away or not.

Fair enough.

Initiative and Status

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 5 remaining

Sarah's turn. Please post by Friday.

Standard action: Shockwave the group to the right. DC 23 reflex Rank 13 damage (DC 28 failure, DC 21 success)

Move: Fly down the hallway straight ahead into the midst of the cyborgs.

Free: Extra effort for a surge.

Standard: Attack the remaining bots. All out attack 4. Take ten to get a 24 to hit, DC31 toughness on hit.

Reaction: HP for heroic feat Takedown attack (Second rank) To make those Takedown attack 2.

Defense is set to +4 (DC 14 to hit)

Group 3 Cyborgs (Right Hallway)

Reflex DC 23 (1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=17) They all fail, and as a result, face an impossible save. As minions, they're toast.

Group 1 Cyborgs (Central Hallway)

24 hits. As a result, they all face impossible saves, and as a result all face impossible toughness saves from your attacks.

Congrats, you managed to clear out 2/3 of the bots in the encounter single handed :P completely showing up Arrowhawks efforts in the process. :P I'm up next.

Initiative and Status

Jack - 22 - Bruised x3, Staggered - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4, will be fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 0 remaining

10 more bots pop out of the walls next to you! they will attack in two groups. 5 and 5 each. two of the bots in the first of these groups will use the aid another action to aid the attacks of the other three who will all be using combined attack on Phalanx as per the new minion rules.

The droids that are using aid another have a +12 attack, and automatically succeed DC 10.

Combined Attack Group 1: Power Attack 5: +2 from Aid; +2 from Aid; +0 from No Aid; DC 28 on hit, +2 for each attack that hits DC 14 (1d20+9=29, 1d20+9=11, 1d20+7=26) Wow. One of them totally missed. The other two scored a critical hit (having improved critical on this attack.) Too bad they're minions! :? So that's one DC 30 save for you, sir.

EDIT: I forgot the miss chance. that's two rolls that have to get 11 or higher on a d20. miss chance DC11 (1d20=12) still hits

miss chance DC11 (1d20=14) still hits

The next group of 5 are all just going to unload on you.

Power Attack 5 DC28 on hit (1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=20) They score three hits, forcing three DC 28 saves.

EDIT: I forgot the miss chance. that's three rolls that have to get 11 or higher on a d20.

Miss Chance DC11 (1d20=11, 1d20=2, 1d20=7) Two actually miss.

Saves: DC30/Toughness, DC 28/Toughness

Roll'em!

Initiative and Status

Jack - 22 - Bruised x3, Staggered - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4, will be fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 0 remaining

Dr. Archeville is up! Gonna spend that HP, Doc?

Plan A -- HP to stunt a "I just happen to have this Healing salve in my Utility Coat" off his Equipment -- got nixed by Quote in PM. So now for Plan B, which uses moar HPs.

Free Action: Spend HP to nix fatigue. (2 now)

Free Action: Maintain Force Field

Free Action: Maintain Obscure

Full Action: Switch Pseudonatural Brain Array. Use an HP for Heroic Feat (1 now); specifically, the Alternate Power power feat.

Healing 4 (Extra: Action [standard], Total; Flaw: Unreliable)

Descriptor: "I'm a Doktor! I can totally MacGyver the contents of my Utility Labcoat to whip up something and heal you!"

Free Action: Extra Effort to SURGE!

Standard Action: Use Healing

Unreliable check; 1-10 = no work, 11-20 = works (1d20=16) w00t!

JoAB gets a recovery check. Total bonus is +5 (+1 from his Con, +4 from Healing). Hit DC 10, he's no longer Staggered. Hit DC 15, he also loses one of his Bruises. Hit DC 20, he loses two Bruises. DC 25, and he's completely healed.

Now for some IC technobabble.

Initiative and Status

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx1

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx1, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 10 remaining

I'm just going to assume that both Malice and Knievel maintain their readied actions.

Bots group 3

10 more appear down the hallway. They will all fire at the closest opponent, and I'm going to say that's Doc, since your all clustered around, Arrowhawk was shooting group 2, Sarah took this attack last time, and Jack is still on the floor.

I believe Doc's current Def is 18. Even at that level, they still need to roll nat 20's to hit, so I'm just going to let'em rip:

Not surprisingly, they all miss.

Bots group 2

5 more pop out.

Arrowhawk was firing at these, so they will return the favor.

Arrowhawk also has a defense high enough to only suffer hits on a 20.

Shame that the only one who rolled 20, failed on the Miss Chance.

Initiative and Status

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx1

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx1, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 10 remaining

'Hawk, your move.