No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't forgotten about the miss chance, but he missed anyway, so I didn't bother calling for the roll.

And just for the record, The Adrenaline Cannon was specifically designed to be effective against those with Impervious 15. ;)

Strike 13 (“Adrenaline Cannonâ€; Extras: 325-ft. Line Area; Feats: Penetrating 2, Progression, Variable Descriptor 2, 4 APs) {35pp}

But you did pass the save, so effective rank 9 cannot pass your Impervious and you still don't have to save. I wouldn't call that 20 wasted after all ;)

Ah, I had missed that.

Hooray Reflex! :D

But why's Malice getting a miss chance? You said the "bots" got a miss chance b/c they're cyborgs so the signal-scrambling Dok's got up scrambles their tech sensors, but not their organic bits. (I can't imagine they wouldn't have unenhanced -- and thus scrmable-able -- eyes and ears, but we're already past that.) If Malice's armor is like most suits of powered armor, his organic eyes & such won't matter, because he's reliant on what the armor's sensors show him; the only way he'd be able to use his own eyes and see with them is to pop open the faceplate of his armor, otherwise he's looking at snowy vidscreen and hearing nothing but hissing static.

Two things:

A) When you made your reflex, you forgot to take a penalty from being Fatigued, but it doesn't matter since you still make the DC.

B) Your totally right. Since Hawk wouldn't have to have doubled his dodge DEF vs. that attack, I'll restore to him one HP. However, since he was never actually able to target Hawk, I doubt Malice would have fired a second time, meaning he never GETS that HP. Therefore his HP total stays the same. Hows that sound?

I'm going to Fiat up some Ultimate Toughness for a 30 on that Toughness Save. Have an HP.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx3

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx3

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx2

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx2, Fatigued

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Giant Robot - 11 - Unharmed - Readied action

That makes it Sarah's turn.

That effect is actually over now. Knievel and Malice were only maintaining that while the doors were closed.

But I'm going to have to ask you to hold off on this action for the time being. I've forgotten to make the readied action for the giant robot, and as I've said, those stats are at home. So I'll have to do that when I get home.

Question for the refs in this thread:

Anything against me using the "Golem" archetype from Instant Superheroes for the Giant Robot? He'll have the following proposed edits:

Growth 8 instead of Growth 4. This makes him Huge size which I wanted, and is essentially going to bump him up to power level 13 when combined with,

Strength -2, Protection +2 (impervious) his total impervious rank equals his power level at 13. He also no longer has the Disabled Drawback.

Basically, I just to use a template to get this thread moving. But I don't think the addition of the PL10 is really going to rock your socks all that much. If you think it shouldn't be quite PL13, I can lower it. I'm not exactly sure what would be best to throw into the combat, so I'm looking for suggestions and am open to negotiation ;)

Let me know what you think on this idea, and I'll get to posting his readied action.

Instead of the magical awareness, immunity, and incurable damage how about I give it super senses that counter doc's obscure. I would rather not have that single power essentially render two out of the three final boss dudes completely unable to see the heroes. I feel like that's kind of lame from a storytelling aspect regardless of whether or not you consider how much of a pushover this fight would be that way.

*has an image of Knievel standing behind Malice, guiding his gun-arm the same way Patrick Swayze guided Demi Moore in the sculpting scene in Ghost*

Fiating something -- like Accurate Extended Radius Ranged Tactile Sense (i.e., fancy motion detector) -- for it to see (giving us HPS ;) ) sounds fine.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx3

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx3

Giant Robot - 22 - Unharmed

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx2

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx2, Fatigued

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Okay, I'm Fiating to give my robot friend here the above super senses that doc mentioned. That gives everyone an HP which will be reflected in the lower chart.

His readied action goes off. He tries to smack Jack who is the first hero to enter the room.

Giant Robot; AoA 5, PA 5; DC 35 on hit (1d20+9=15)

From Jack's posted DC for his attack, I take it that he power attacked for 5. But the posted roll says nothing about using all out attack or defensive attack or whatever so his DEF should be the standard +18 he normally has. Meaning this attack was a huge whif.

Knievel's going to do some IC explanation which will give you all a second hero point, also reflected below.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx5

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx5

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx4

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx6

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx4, Fatigued

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Back in action!

That'll miss Taar.

Initiative and Status

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Mr. Giant robot is going to interpose on that.

TOU DC 41 (1d20+16=34) He fails by 7 leaving him bruised and stunned. Luckily for phalanx, that doesn't quite set off one of the bombs. His KB mod is -24. The rank of the attack was 26. That's rank 2 KB, or 2 feet. He barely moves, but it does Knock him on his rear.

Initiative and Status

Giant Robot - 22 - Bruised x1, Stunned @ 17

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Doc is up.