No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

Phalanx can get the highest toughness parts down as a full round action. +15 str +10ss = +25 for a total of DC 40 The Structure takes a 5 +20 toughness for a total of 25 failing by 15 just enough for a destroyed(Dead) result getting us access. That assumes no extra thickness but it can go up to 5 steps up the progression table in thickness (~4 feet) before it drops below a Broken (disabled) result which is enough for a hole we could get through.

I'll do an IC in a lil bit giving everyone a chance to respond IC first.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this you still can't see through that stuff :D

I'm going to say its some sort of concealment/illusion/obscure effect that I'm not going to bother stating out as I doubt it will have much bearing on the story. That okay?

Also, are we ready to move on with the next scene? Divine hasn't posted in the interim, yet. Moira, would you like to get a post in? Or should we move on?

I was never saying it could see through concealment or obscure effects. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding about that. As I said it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'll get a post up of Phalanx busting a hole in the wall before I head down for the dreaded In-Law dinner.

Yea that was what was intended. A high security facility like this one would likely have measures against high tech/super spies on the more secure areas. especially the ones used to protect employees under lock down, and the most sensitive data servers. That's why I was going for. Sorry about the confusion.

EDIT: That's fine, Durf. Roll initiative while your at it ;)

For my part

cyborg inititative (1d20+1=13)

Raygun Initiative (1d20+3=20)

This is the entrance hallway of the building. This area is shaped like a giant capital I (w/ serif).

The vertical and horizontal lines are walls, the periods are space holders and dead areas within the walls. Phalanx knows that they are rooms with various purposes, but he is the only one that was able to see through walls. All portals have Doors on them. The two left most doors actually lead to another hallway (there is a pane of glass that you can see through and determine this). The same goes for the right most doors. The doors in the middle lead into the inner rooms. The Door to the entrance is now scrapped. The door to the Exit is intact and is the same quality as the one Phalanx just ripped from its moorings. All other doors are normal doors, not security doors. Though they do sport keypad locks.

The walls are all reinforced. Probably not a good idea to try and go through them (as previously determined by Doc). From Phalanx's earlier determination, the group knows that there are 5 trash can robots in this area. One in the center of the middle hallway, and one at each end of the adjoining hallways.

E = Entrance

X = Exit

D = Door

R=Robot

_______________X___________________

D__R___D______ _________D___R___D

....................| |........................

....................|R|........................

______D_______| |________D________

D___R_________ E______________R___D

Initiative and Status

Scene Two Round 1

Jack of all Blades -- 24 -- Unharmed -- 3HP

Sarah Prescott -- 23 -- Bruised x1 -- 1HP

Raygun -- 20 -- 5 are Unharmed

Divine -- 18 -- Unharmed -- 5HP

Dr. Archeville -- 16 -- Unharmed -- 3HP

Cyborg -- 13 -- 5 are Unharmed

Phalanx -- 10 -- Unharmed -- 4HP

For this combat, I am using the PL6 Cyborg from Instant Superheroes, and the PL 6 Energy Controller from Instant super heroes, with the addition of construct immunities (CON -, Immunity 30 [fortitude saves]). This is just to save time on my part. They Cyborgs have activated the security system in this area (the rayguns/energy controllers). The Rayguns are not yet visible as they will extend from the walls when their turn begins.

I do not expect this fight to offer much of a resistance at all. But you have to fight something on your way to the final encounter, no?

I thought that went without saying, but since there seems to be some confusion. Could everyone please roll initiative?

Also I suppose it deserves to be explicitly stated, that now that we are back (or almost back) into combat rounds, we are back to the 24 deadlines. Keep in mind this is strictly to keep the thread moving at an agreeable pace.

Please post your initiatives by Friday at midnight. Otherwise, you will be left at the end of the initiative order until you can get back in.

Initiative and Status

Scene Two Round 1

Cyborg -- 13 -- 5 are Unharmed

Jack! Whenever your ready! Please post by Saturday night.

A 23 hits. The final DC is 32. That's an impossible save for him. He goes down. Therefore you can be sure that they are minions. No HP was charged.

Cyborg -- 13 -- 4 are Unharmed

Sarah! Go!

Sarah Prescott -- 23 -- Unharmed -- 1HP

Cyborg -- 13 -- 3 are Unharmed

Okay, sounds good. Just need you to make an IC post, and then I can get to the Rayguns.

The five rayguns pop out of the walls. There are four on the walls in the main hallway. One each at the corners closest to the entrance door, and one each at the corners closest to the exit door. There is also one on the ceiling above the exit door.

They're chargin' malasia! (Read: Charging their lasers!)

The three towards the back will target Jack as he is the furthest in right now. Two aid actions and one attack roll:

Aid action DC 10 (1d20+4=14, 1d20+4=7) That's one successful Aid.

Attack vs. Jack, +2 from Aid (included), DC 23 on hit. (1d20+6=26) Dun dun dun. Critical hit. Final DC is 28!

The two ray guns closer to the door will attempt to stun peoples. Stun vs. Archeville DC 18 Fort on hit (1d20+4=8) haha no.

Miss chance vs sarah; Stun vs. Sarah DC 18 fort on hit. (1d20=4, 1d20+4=13) and furthermore, no.

Sarah Prescott -- 23 -- Unharmed -- 1HP

Cyborg -- 13 -- 3 are Unharmed

After the IC comes up, it is Divine's turn.

Crap, you're right! And here I got all excited. I'll make a quick edit to that post. I had actually remembered that myself, only after I posted and was out of the house. "Oh right, I forgot I was using minions." Though they can't crit, there is nothing in the minion rules in the core rulebook that states minions do not auto hit on a roll of a 20. Therefore, I believe the attack still hits Jack, but he only has to save against DC 23.