No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

Malice's last rant was indeed great.

But having him set off bombs under the building, endangering all the people above (as well as himself & Knievel)... well, as Durf said, that's further past the ME Horizon's than he's gone (remember, Malice used to be known as the villain who reined in the collateral damage, making sure Bystanders didn't get hurt), and would completely nix any plans of him coming back as a reformed villain-turned-hero PC.

I would assign Malice a hefty bonus (say, +5) on that Bluff, since it is something we'd all fear he'd do.

Also, after five RL months translating to maybe 10 in-game minutes (IC's been mostly combat rounds, and those are only 6 seconds each), I think some of us are suffering from a bit of fatigue at this.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, after five RL months translating to maybe 10 in-game minutes (IC's been mostly combat rounds, and those are only 6 seconds each), I think some of us are suffering from a bit of fatigue at this.

Agreed. I don't plan on having this combat last very long. Especially given the stock pile of HP's you all have, not to mention that last rant from Malice. I want to wrap this up because it's been five months. I just don't want it to be a let down for the same reason.

Jack of All Blades and Phalanx were both melee-ing Knievel, so they might be in it. (Dok's reasonably certain they can see/accurately sense though it.)

And since I can't tell where Knievel, Malice, and GiantRobo are in relation to one another (save that Giantroob interposed on Knievel's behalf, so it's probably right next to him), it's possible that all three baddies aren't in the smoke.

(This seems to be one of those rare occasions a map would be useful.)

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx5

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx5

Giant Robot - 22 - Bruised x1, Stunned @ 17

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx4

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx7, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Bruised x1

Okay, so Malice achieves no hits. That leaves Knievel up. He's going to leap out of the smoke so that he can see, and will make an attack on Dr. Archeville. He learned long ago that his concentrated radiation blasts were strong against Archeville, so that's what he'll be trying for.

Defensive Attack 5; Radiation Strike: DC 25 Fort on hit. CAP DEF set to 31. (1d20+11=22) I think a 22 just barely hits.

Let's resolve this attack before we give Arrowhawk the go ahead.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx5

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx7, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx3, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Bruised x1

Arrowhawk is up after I post the IC

I don't know how Knockback interracts with penetrating and impervious, so I'm just going to ignore it for now, unless Doc wants to correct me.

By the RAW, Penetrating has absolutely no bearing on Knockback.

10 (Knievel's Strike) - 16 (Dok's Knockback Resistance [15 from Impervious Toughness 15, 1 more from 3 more ranks of non-Impervious Toughness]) = -6, less than 0, so no knockback at all.

Though I do need to make Concentration checks to see if he can maintain his Sustained duration effects (like his Force Field and Tentacle-Brain). DC is 10 + rank (24 for Force Field, 17 for Tentacle-Brain), his Concentration is.... +5 :(:argh:

Concentration check, DC 24 (1d20+5=11)

Concentration check, DC 17 (1d20+5=24)

Brain's intact, but the force of Knievel's blow temporarily overloaded Dok's force field, leaving him vulnerable! :argh:

(If one had to fail, it does make more sense descriptor/fluff/story-wise for it to be his force field.)

Ok, my array's currently set to the single shot Blast.

Free action: Surge for another standard action before, not after my regular actions.

Surged Standard Action: Power Attack for 5 with a blunt arrow. DC 27 Toughness save (1d20+12=29)

Free Action: Switch array slot to Full-Round Autofire Blast.

Full Round Action: Autofire DC 27, +1 for every 2 this hits by, up to a maximum of DC 30 (1d20+12=21). Damn... spend a Hero Point re-roll. Re-roll... (1d20+12=32)

I'm down to 4HP and will be Fatigued next round.

Mutation OOC

As per Knievel's Defensive Attack last round, the first attack misses. The second attack hits by one, however. So the DC remains 27 as it did not have a large enough hit margin to get a boost from Autofire. However, since I just noticed that you rolled a 20 on that, the actual DC is 32. TOU DC 32 (1d20+9=16) That would fail by 16. I would rather not get KOed by Arrowhawk ;) Arrowhawk get's an HP, Knievel get's a re-roll. TOU DC 32 (1d20.minroll(11)+9=24) That fails by 8. He is Bruised and Stunned. I'll assume you're causing Knockback. That was a rank 17 attack all totaled. Knievel's KB mod is currently -4. KB Rank is 13. That's easily enough to send him into the wall which is we'll say about 100 feet away. The walls are reinforced, so I'm not going to bother rolling for them, they'll pass the save by default. Knievel, however owes another save this time DC 28. TOU DC 28 (1d20+8=25) He fails by 3 giving him yet another bruise.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx5, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Bruised x3, Stunned @ 26, Prone

Jack is up.

Mutation OOC

As per Knievel's Defensive Attack last round, the first attack misses. The second attack hits by one, however. So the DC remains 27 as it did not have a large enough hit margin to get a boost from Autofire. However, since I just noticed that you rolled a 20 on that, the actual DC is 32. TOU DC 32 (1d20+9=16) That would fail by 16. I would rather not get KOed by Arrowhawk ;) Arrowhawk get's an HP, Knievel get's a re-roll.

Given how bloody long this has been going, and that the goal of the thread is for Knievel to discover his resurrection power, I'm disinclined to allow that.

I think it's time to play "Let's make a deal."

I'm okay with Knievel biting the dust here. But I had a specific story-telling element in mind for how he goes out of this fight. Would you be agreeable to him being unconscious for all intents and purposes mechanically, (unable to move, act, etc.) yet still be aware of his surroundings and incredibly disabled and possibly delirious?

Here's my reasoning: If he's KO'ed and then killed, to him it's going to seem like he just woke up from a long nap. But if he's conscious when he dies, he's gonna know he should have kicked the bucket. Then when he wakes up he's less inclined to just yawn and walk it off, and more inclined to go, "wtf, mates?"

Cool. This also means that I don't actually have to Edit the IC post :P

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx4, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Bruised x3, Stunned @ 26, Prone, Pseudo-Unconscious

Changed the statuses, erased the HP I'd given Arrowhawk. Jack is still up. Let's wrap this one up!

Gizmo, it's been more than a few days. We have to move on.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx4, Will be Fatigued at the start of next round unless he spends an HP.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Bruised x3, Stunned @ 26, Prone, Pseudo-Unconscious

The robot remains Stunned. Sarah is up.