Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I should have posted my awayness. I am at Gen Con this weekend and have limited access... thank you $12.00 internet charge at the stupidly expensive hotel . Updating as I can, but the phone just really doesn't cut it to do any real editing. On a bright side, I got to meet Steve Kennison.

My home comp's got a nasty virus, not sure how long it's going to take to clear. Might not be on much for the next few days.

EDIT: Seems I can still access the 'net. The vrus (or whatever) is mainly just having Windows Security Alert messages pop up very few seconds, and not letting me open certain apps (like my antivrus and antimalware scanners).

Ironically, this happened the day after I renewed my McAfee Security Center. (Also, the day after I downloaded a free copy of Civilization 2 from Best Old Games.com)

My home comp's got a nasty virus, not sure how long it's going to take to clear. Might not be on much for the next few days.

EDIT: Seems I can still access the 'net. The vrus (or whatever) is mainly just having Windows Security Alert messages pop up very few seconds, and not letting me open certain apps (like my antivrus and antimalware scanners).

Ironically, this happened the day after I renewed my McAfee Security Center. (Also, the day after I downloaded a free copy of Civilization 2 from Best Old Games.com)

Have you tried Combofix? And you probably shouldn't download anything from that site again ;)

I'd blame McAfee, that thing never seems to give anybody anything but trouble. I switched to Avast ages ago to stop it. Also, AA and Fox (I think) and I all downloaded the same game with no problems.

As you have probably noticed, I haven't been as active lastely. My final paper/presentation for the MBA thing is this Friday and since I haven't done anything because of the wedding, I'm playing catch up. I should get back into the swing of things by the weekend. Sorry I haven't been around too much, but feel free to move the threads without me. Just do whatever you think my characters would do, or skip them entirely.

My apologies to everyone who has been waiting on me. I know I said I was going to be back a few days ago. It just hasn't worked that way. For the record, my wife, my daughter and I are alive and healthy. Its the rest of the world around us that's gone to hell and/or circling the drain. I will try and return here as soon as I can but it looks like that might be a bit longer still. I just don't have the time or the creative energies to play. For those who know the me/the chars, feel free to auto them. I trust ya. Just tell me what happened when I get back. ;)

Again, sorry about this. It isn't my choice. I miss you guys and the RP.

Later

Work has been a lot more like work lately. I'm trying to keep up with this and have a life at the same time, but it's difficult. I'm still here, but things may be slow with me for a while. If you need my attention on an important thread or something you think I might be interested in, PMing me is probably the way to go since I can't say when I'll reliably be on Chat.