Claremont Coordination

KnightDisciple

Young Freedom. I like that.

Better than "Freedom Cadets". Trust me... the uniforms would make us a laughing stock.  :D 

Endeavor would approve working with other associates in the furthering of the public good through humanitarian and disaster relief efforts as they present themselves. And the occasional "whupping up" on miscreant metahuman criminals.

*adjusts labcoat* Ugh I can't do the smarty pants thing that well... So inefficient... Let's just save people and beat up the bad guys!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vetting process runs counter to how I think and generally operate. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that I should stick to simpler things to avoid having to 1. go through it and 2. throw tantrums and hissy fits because of it. It's a working with others process. Lots of talking. Cooperative effort. All that good stuff. Problem is, I work best alone with rules and/or guidelines. Don't like talking, or cooperative effort. Want to know what is allowed and what isn't, so I can work and be done with it. Not the way it works here. Is okay. Not bitter. Just...learned a new thing, is all.

So. Something simpler. Couple of ideas. Renegade electromagnetic controller. Mysterious power outages. Tracing thereof. Find him. Street gang fight, maybe. Still...working on details.

Or speedster battlesuit thief. Crime spree. Fast perp. Other heroes on it, but ours find her first. Still needs work, though. Not happy with build yet. Plot is weak. Needs shoring.

Also, open to suggestions. Both are...unfinished. Is different. Can't really explain better.

Suggestion: A well trained gang of corporate espionage hits a corporate headquarters our characters are visiting on a "vocational fieldtrip".

There would be lots for everyone to do, and would be a good starter for a crisis situation (as these guys aren't above taking hostages and what-not to get away).

I think I'll try making up an adventure set just before, and at, New Year's Eve. A group of kids from Claremont, along with a chaperone, enjoy a skiing trip at a fancy hotel. It could be anywhere, possibly the Alps since Trailblazer can take everyone there through fairyland.

A New Year's Eve party is included... until a villain decides to crash it!

I'd reserve a good amount of time to the days before the party though, to give the characters the chance to mingle and do "normal teenagers" stuff.

Who's interested?

Well, the Incursion will reach Earth about a week before New Year's.

Anyway, the refs have talked over our plans for the timing of things and it should be over before New Year's (with possibly New Year's Eve and maybe the day before to spare as well). So, you should be good to go with this, though it would also be good to account for the fact that a large alien invasion just took place very recently (as in days earlier).

So Claremonters let's coordinate it up.

Anyone in the mood for pursuing a joint vignette?  In which case might be best to chat it up sooner rather than later!

Aside from that.  We can use the opportunity to set up some threads while they're the big boys and gals in town.  I had some Christmas themed villainy in mind.  With so many in Next-Gen or YJ 3.0 good opportunity to try and make for some team threads as well.  

Basically, I'm saying let's get our four color heroics on.