Bright Lights and Good Cheer

Thevshi

Freedom Hall

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

5:56 PM

The early evening found a light snow falling on Freedom City, adding to the thin layer that had already accumulated.  Heavy clouds that had filled the skies all day, now glowed a soft orange from the city's lights.  Beyond the normal bright lights of the city's evening skyline, holiday lights and other decorations now seemed to be everywhere.  The combination of the festive decorations and the light snow seemed to generate a vibrant energy within the city.

As the heart of Freedom City, City Center was awash with dazzling lights and holiday decorations.  A massive Christmas tree stood in the green space at the heart of Centennial Circle, out in front of City Hall.  Sitting just to the west of Centennial Circle, Freedom Hall, the original headquarters of the Freedom League, was no exception to the festive atmosphere.

Sections of the stone wall surrounding the Hall had various decorations, and the trees inside the grounds were adorned with lights.  Freedom Hall itself had lights strung along the edges of stepped ledges created by the roofs of each floor. 

Velocity, one of the members of the Freedom League, was standing in the large lobby and reception area, taking one last look at the decorations that had been put up for the holiday party the League was hosting this evening for the city's various heroes.  A ten foot tall Christmas tree had been set up along the right hand side of the lobby, covered in shining silver ornaments and multicolored lights.  A number of tables were set up over on that side of the lobby, some lower tables with chairs, others were tall tables around which people could stand.  Located just off that side of the lobby was a conference room where the food and refreshments had been set up.

On the other side of the lobby had been reconfigured some by Dr. Metropolis to include a working fireplace in which there was currently a roaring fire.  A number of leather sofas and chairs were arranged around the fireplace, offering a comfortable setting area for guests to relax.

"Okay, everything looks great.  The guests should start arriving soon."  The speedster started out loud to some of her teammates as they were putting on the final touches.  She was wearing her normal yellow costume, with the addition of a red Santa hat. 

As someone who could multitask with easy, the Velocity took a brief moment to check her phone, which was set up to control the sound system that had been connected to the first floor's PA system.  Flipping through some of the songs she had put on the playlist, the young woman came to a stop at one song on the list.  Listed on the screen was a song by Death Cab for Cutie, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Hmm, good song, but not one I think that hits a bit too close for Stesha.  She thought, as she removed the song from the playlist.  With that done, she selected another song on the list to begin with.

Over the speakers throughout the first floor of the building, the mellow sound of saxophones and other jazz instruments could be heard as

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vector was one of the first to arrive, the invite having been delivered during the past month.  She rubbed her arms slightly- she was not used to snow during Christmas at all- as she entered.  Humming softly along with the music, she looked around Freedom hall, admiring the decorations.  It had been a long year... but coming back to Freedom was always interesting, and seeing her friends at the university was good.  And now, she had an opportunity... not just to relax for the evening, but to meet some of her peers among the superhero 'community'. 

And enjoying the warmth from the fire, as she walked towards Velocity, grinning.  "Guess I arrived a bit early, huh.  Velocity, right?  I remember seeing you last New Year's celebrations in Sydney."

Velocity turned to the first guest, giving the young heroine a wide smile and a nod as she mentioned New Year's in Sydney last year.  "That's me.  Sydney was one of my early stops to see New Year's arrive.  Have to say it was quite a fun stop, certainly made me want to come back and visit again sometime.  Just never quite found a good time to do so over this last year."

"But before we start talking too much about travel and such, let me say Happy Holidays and welcome to Freedom Hall!"  The young speedster added, gesturing around slightly.  "Is this your first time here?"

"Thanks!  I've been to Freedom City, but it is my first time in Freedom Hall.  I never got around to visiting even though I was in Freedom City for half a year, so I know what you mean about never finding a good time...  oh, I'm Vector."

Vector smiled back.  "It's certainly a different holiday season than back home.  We don't get snow in Sydney at all... even if it wasn't summer back home right now."

She looked over at the tables.  "Thanks for getting this all set up, by the way... even with all of you working on it, it must have been quite a bit of work... especially getting out invites to everyone who doesn't really have contacts with the League."

When arriving at a party it was important  to appear as if you owned the place as soon as you walked into the room. Not to easy to do when the room contained some of the most powerful people on the planet but Lucy Harker did exactly that. It helped that she had been doing the same thing since before most of the people here had been born. What took the real skill was arriving before or on time for a party, anyone could be fashionably late but it took real skill to say to the room that you were the one who bought the party with them.

Feeling that trouble was unlikely that trouble would start her tonight she had risked not turning up in her normal uniform, a so far indestructible suit, for a tassled and sequined flapper dress in traditional black.

She paused at the entrance looking around the room at who had already arrived to this unique Christmas party.

Edited by TiffanyKorta

"Thanks!  I've been to Freedom City, but it is my first time in Freedom Hall.  I never got around to visiting even though I was in Freedom City for half a year, so I know what you mean about never finding a good time...  oh, I'm Vector."

Vector smiled back.  "It's certainly a different holiday season than back home.  We don't get snow in Sydney at all... even if it wasn't summer back home right now."

She looked over at the tables.  "Thanks for getting this all set up, by the way... even with all of you working on it, it must have been quite a bit of work... especially getting out invites to everyone who doesn't really have contacts with the League."

"Very nice to meet you Vector."  Velocity stated as the Australian heroine introduced herself.  "Well, let me give you some quick directions for where things are then.  As you can see, the lobby is serving as a main reception area.  Just through those doors to the right," the speedster pointed over past all the tables set up near the Christmas tree, "is food and refreshments.  I believe Fleur de Joie is in there at the moment."

"And down the hall off to the left," she point over towards the hallway sitting to the left side of the reception desk that was further back in the room, "is the trophy room and museum and a large conference room that has been set up as dance floor."

Velocity then gave a small nod as Vector mentioned difference in the holiday season between Australia and Freedom City.  "Yeah, I certainly noticed that during my trip around the world on New Year's.  The stops in the southern hemisphere were certainly much more comfortable than those in the northern."

"And it was not quite as difficult as you might think really.† She replied to the other young woman's thanks for organizing the party.  “Some of the heroes we do have connections with were able to pass the word to some of those we don't, as for the rest, well, wasn’t too hard for one of us to try to catch up with them at some point over the last few weeks.  But you’re very welcome, we are glad to be able to do this."

Just then, the yellow clad speedster noticed a new arrival.  "Excuse me one second, I see another guest has arrive."

When arriving at a party it was important  to appear as if you owned the place as soon as you walked into the room. Not to easy to do when the room contained some of the most powerful people on the planet but Lucy Harker did exactly that. It helped that she had been doing the same thing since before most of the people here had been born. What took the real skill was arriving before or on time for a party, anyone could be fashionably late but it took real skill to say to the room that you were the one who bought the party with them.

Feeling that trouble was unlikely that trouble would start her tonight she had risked not turning up in her normal uniform, a so far indestructible suit, for a tassled and sequined flapper dress in traditional black.

She paused at the entrance looking around the room at who had already arrived to this unique Christmas party.

The speedster turned to the new woman in the flapper dress with a wide smile.  "Hello, happy holidays and welcome to Freedom Hall!  I'm Velocity, and this is Vector."

The speedster turned to the new woman in the flapper dress with a wide smile.  "Hello, happy holidays and welcome to Freedom Hall!  I'm Velocity, and this is Vector."

Lucy gave the pair of them an easy smile compared to her normal day to day persona she was almost subconsciously projecting an air of relaxed elegance. When she spoke however she still conveyed her normally friendly manner.

“Pleased to meet you both I’m Revenant, but to be honest I’d rather you call me Lucy. I’ve never really got the hang of this whole secret identity thing. All happened after my time really.â€

Lucy made no secret of her being from the Jazz Age, same as the music playing right now as it happened, or that was technically dead. She approached her unlife with the same joy that she had carried out her living life.

Lucy gave the pair of them an easy smile compared to her normal day to day persona she was almost subconsciously projecting an air of relaxed elegance. When she spoke however she still conveyed her normally friendly manner.

“Pleased to meet you both I’m Revenant, but to be honest I’d rather you call me Lucy. I’ve never really got the hang of this whole secret identity thing. All happened after my time really.â€

Lucy made no secret of her being from the Jazz Age, same as the music playing right now as it happened, or that was technically dead. She approached her unlife with the same joy that she had carried out her living life.

Vector grinned back, nodding.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy."

She listened to the comment about secret identities, nodding.  "After your time?  They happened rather early in the superhero 'business', from what I gather.  I think the secret identities really picked up... during the 1920s or so.  Early 1930s?  You must have seen a lot if you've been around that long..."

The heroine chuckled.  "And experienced a lot of changes too."

Vector grinned back, nodding.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy."

She listened to the comment about secret identities, nodding.  "After your time?  They happened rather early in the superhero 'business', from what I gather.  I think the secret identities really picked up... during the 1920s or so.  Early 1930s?  You must have seen a lot if you've been around that long..."

The heroine chuckled.  "And experienced a lot of changes too."

Lucy wasn’t concerned at least by the questions, in fact she’d been expecting some question of some kind.

“I was born in 1897 and died in 1927, though missed the last century being buried under a Hotel on Broadway. I’ve only been active for a couple of year now. It’s a little complicated but it seems that I became a member of the un-dead.†she gestured towards her coal black eyes.

“If these didn’t give away the fact. But enough about me we’re here to celebrate Christmas. Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?â€

Solar Sentinel

Henry had the cab drop him off about a block away from Freedom Hall. He stepped out of the car, paid the driver, and stepped onto the sidewalk. Once the driver was out of sight, he walked towards Freedom Hall. He'd been off shift at the station for a couple of days, and wouldn't need to report for another shift for a few days, so barring a massive fire, he had all night to enjoy himself.

He wore a stylish 1920s style suit with matching hat and coat, all in gray. The cold did little to impact a man who was used to the blackness of space. Once he was inside the building, he glanced around and took in the festive decorations with a nod of approval. He took his hat off soon after entering and held it in his hands. Old habits, even habits that were nearly a century old, did not die easily. In his day, no man stepped outdoors without a hat, and seldom wore them while indoors.

"Very nice to meet you Revenant."  Velocity replied before she beagn listening to the conversation between Vector and Revenant with a bright smile and just about to interject when she caught sight of another guest stepping into the lobby from outside.  "Excuse me one moment."  She stated to the other two women before she was gone in a blur of yellow and a slight bit of red from her hat.

Solar Sentinel

Henry had the cab drop him off about a block away from Freedom Hall. He stepped out of the car, paid the driver, and stepped onto the sidewalk. Once the driver was out of sight, he walked towards Freedom Hall. He'd been off shift at the station for a couple of days, and wouldn't need to report for another shift for a few days, so barring a massive fire, he had all night to enjoy himself.

He wore a stylish 1920s style suit with matching hat and coat, all in gray. The cold did little to impact a man who was used to the blackness of space. Once he was inside the building, he glanced around and took in the festive decorations with a nod of approval. He took his hat off soon after entering and held it in his hands. Old habits, even habits that were nearly a century old, did not die easily. In his day, no man stepped outdoors without a hat, and seldom wore them while indoors.

The young speedster then came to a sudden halt near Solar Sentinel, the long brown wig she wore in costume swishing out to one side from the sudden stop along with the tassel on her Santa hat.  "Happy Holidays!"  She said with a bright smile.  "I'm Velocity, welcome to Freedom Hall."

Meanwhile, walking down the stairs from the next level of the Hall was a man who seemed dressed for the season even before you took into account the Santa Claus hat perched precariously on his helmeted head (the hood that he normally wore up being pushed back for the time being). Somehow, the fuzzy red-and-white hat worked comparatively well with the shining otherworldly silver and gleaming white cloth that he wore. It helped that he was wearing an enormous smile. As he descended the steps, he saw Velocity mingling on the floor.

She would receive a whisper in her ear that no one else caught.

"Got the last few things sorted with the light and sound techs and the caterers. We are good to go and ready to rock."

He finished coming down the stairs and moved to greet Vector and Revenant.

"Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Welcome, welcome! Glad both of you ladies could make it. My name's Gabriel, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of introduction?"

(OOC:

Gabriel is not now, and will not be, using his Super-Charisma-Mode setting on his Array. The only exception is possibly during any musical performance, because ART.

)

Edited by KnightDisciple

Lucy wasn’t concerned at least by the questions, in fact she’d been expecting some question of some kind.

“I was born in 1897 and died in 1927, though missed the last century being buried under a Hotel on Broadway. I’ve only been active for a couple of year now. It’s a little complicated but it seems that I became a member of the un-dead.†she gestured towards her coal black eyes.

“If these didn’t give away the fact. But enough about me we’re here to celebrate Christmas. Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?â€

Vector smiled as she picked up a glass.  "Well, there are a couple of ways you could have eyes like that, so I didn't want to assume.  Well, I think there are a couple of ways you could have eyes like that, I'm not certain..."

She smiled at Revenant's- Lucy's question.  "Well, I haven't been in Freedom long- or been in the superhero... business, I suppose- long either.  About a year or so as a superhero, and I've just moved back to Freedom from Australia after spending some time back home.  I'm normally down in Sydney, after all... and it's generally not snowing at Christmas this time of year back home!  Actually, it's normally really, really hot this time of year..."

And then Gabriel walked up to the pair, and Vector turned to face the Irish hero.  "No, we haven't.  It's a pleasure to meet you, Gabriel- I'm Vector."

Edited by horngeek

Foreshadow

Foreshadow eased his way into the hall.  Clad in his domino mask, Foreshadow had abandoned his regular hood for a crimson shawl with a golden tree wreath sewn on.  The uniform was missing his standard utility belt loadout, but of course his escrima sticks were still attached to their clips.  The pattern off the fabric while still of a predominantly shade of black had green overlays to contrast the shawl.  It wasn't exactly going leaps and bound for an outfit.  But the simple details were enough to account for a less looming creature of the night appearance.

Not that Erick was planning on making the festive display a permanent fixture of his attire any time soon.  But seeing as suit and ties were less than ideal choice for his heroic identity to not become compromised a thematic shift was a simple thing.  Immediately on his way in, the acrobatic hero scanned the room catching sight of a few familiar faces and some not so familiar.  The most notable figure to catch his eye was that of a helmeted man in the distance with a santa clause hat adorned on top.  He hadn't seen Gabriel since that whole Overthrow business, of course Erick had an entirely different identity then.  

Rather than join in on that conversation in progress Foreshadow opted to make his way towards wherever the refreshments were staged.  If he could find his way from the lobby that was.  Knowing from experience with 'polite society' that a beverage in hand was a great excuse for padding conversation when one needed to do as such.

Edited by HG Morrison

More and more since he'd graduated from high school, Marcus Irons felt out of his depth.

This wasn't an entirely unfixable thing; Arcturus would tell anyone that he was a constant work in progress. He was more surprised that anyone even knew to invite him--not that he was ungrateful for the invitation, and since he wasn't going to start college classes until spring, he really had no reason to say no. 

The ghosts at Parkhurst were more than happy to help Marcus get properly dressed--largely because the young shapeshifter nearly walked out the door in street clothes. Marcus might've done it anyway, but after being chastised by Huxley for not properly representing the hotel for nearly ten minutes, he finally caved. The black suit and gold-trimmed tie wasn't exactly a look Marcus could complain about, and it would mostly survive his runic transformations. The only thing slightly out of place was the magical cowl on his head, but he had a feeling that it would be perfectly fine.

The Freedom Hall building felt as festive as it did intimidating. He'd been on tours, but Arcturus never thought he'd be answering an invitation of any kind. He adjusted his tie and walked inside, the Beast Rune almost immediately placated by the smell of food. 

Edited by GranspearZX

Solar Sentinel

The young speedster then came to a sudden halt near Solar Sentinel, the long brown wig she wore in costume swishing out to one side from the sudden stop along with the tassel on her Santa hat.  "Happy Holidays!"  She said with a bright smile.  "I'm Velocity, welcome to Freedom Hall."

Henry bowed his head in respect and smiled. "Happy Holidays to you too. It's nice in here. Nice and homey." He glanced around. "I go by the name of Solar Sentinel when I'm in costume, but you can call me Henry." He took her hand and shook it firmly. "Yes, you people did a great job decorating the place." He said with a polite smile.

Truth of the matter was, he hadn't had a reason to celebrate Christmas since he was in the trench in the Great War. He and the boys held on to it, it kept them sane during the worst of times. After that though, with no family and few friends, the holiday lost it's meaning to him. And in space, he completely forgot what day it would have been on Earth.

Though glancing up at that great tree in front of Freedom Hall and seeing the fire and decorations and cheer? That warmed his heart, and he was instantly grateful for the invitation, and happy to attend.

Solar Sentinel

Henry bowed his head in respect and smiled. "Happy Holidays to you too. It's nice in here. Nice and homey." He glanced around. "I go by the name of Solar Sentinel when I'm in costume, but you can call me Henry." He took her hand and shook it firmly. "Yes, you people did a great job decorating the place." He said with a polite smile.

"Very nice to meet you Henry."  Velocity replied.  "It is usually not quite so homey here in the lobby, but that is one of the benefits of having a member that can transmute mater, makes internal reorganizing pretty easy."

"I take it this is your first visit to Freedom Hall?"

Meanwhile, walking down the stairs from the next level of the Hall was a man who seemed dressed for the season even before you took into account the Santa Claus hat perched precariously on his helmeted head (the hood that he normally wore up being pushed back for the time being). Somehow, the fuzzy red-and-white hat worked comparatively well with the shining otherworldly silver and gleaming white cloth that he wore. It helped that he was wearing an enormous smile. As he descended the steps, he saw Velocity mingling on the floor.

She would receive a whisper in her ear that no one else caught.

"Got the last few things sorted with the light and sound techs and the caterers. We are good to go and ready to rock."

The speedster had spotted Gabriel making his way downstairs, and at his transmitted whisper, she turned to glace back at him slight and gave a small nod before turning back to focus on Solar Sentinel. 

It was then that she spotted Foreshadow II make his way in and move further into the lobby area.  He had apparently missed seeing her, the two had worked together during an incident down in Rio de Janerio during Carnival, and she had a suspicion they had also helped stop an attempt by Larceny Inc. to rob a charity event back in February, though he would have had a different costume and name then if that was the case.  But before even she could excuse herself and try to intercept him, another guest arrived, this one closer to her and Henry, so she decided she would catch up with Foreshadow later and instead turned to greet the new arrival.

More and more since he'd graduated from high school, Marcus Irons felt out of his depth.

This wasn't an entirely unfixable thing; Arcturus would tell anyone that he was a constant work in progress. He was more surprised that anyone even knew to invite him--not that he was ungrateful for the invitation, and since he wasn't going to start college classes until spring, he really had no reason to say no. 

The ghosts at Parkhurst were more than happy to help Marcus get properly dressed--largely because the young shapeshifter nearly walked out the door in street clothes. Marcus might've done it anyway, but after being chastised by Huxley for not properly representing the hotel for nearly ten minutes, he finally caved. The black suit and gold-trimmed tie wasn't exactly a look Marcus could complain about, and it would mostly survive his runic transformations. The only thing slightly out of place was the magical cowl on his head, but he had a feeling that it would be perfectly fine.

The Freedom Hall building felt as festive as it did intimidating. He'd been on tours, but Arcturus never thought he'd be answering an invitation of any kind. He adjusted his tie and walked inside, the Beast Rune almost immediately placated by the smell of food. 

"Hello, Happy Holidays!  I'm Velocity, welcome to Freedom Hall."  The cheerful speedster said in greeting to Arcturus.  "And this is Solar Sentinel."  She quickly added.

Comrade Frost 

A cloud of white smoke poured down the chimney of Freedom Hall, circulated merrily over the fire (which dimmed noticeably) and then reformed on one of the nearby couches - with his white hair, bluish skin and red eyes, free of his usual bulky costume, Comrade Frost looked more like a Norse elf than a human being, though the costume shop beard ruined the occasion a bit. "Greetings, children!" he declared in a raspy voice. "I am Father Christmas! Have you been good little children this year?" he asked with a wink, leaning out of his seat to wave at the heroes elsewhere in the hall. Unlike them, he didn't seem inclined to move far from his seat by the fire, which seemed to be glowing at a rather attenuated level. "Revenant, Arcturus, come keep an old man company, eh?" called the world-famous Russian hero for a moment. "I want to hear stories of how you have been nice this year!" 

"Nice to meet you... and Happy Holidays. Call me Arcturus." He smiled, extending a hand to shake with both Velocity and Solar Sentinel. Normally, he would have been the guy hanging out on the fringes because he didn't know anyone--or at least, he didn't see anyone he recognized right away. Recently, though, he felt far more comfortable in his own skin and around people. 

"Thanks for the invite," he said, looking around the decorated hall. "I hope I'm not... overdressed. I don't think my minders would've let me leave if I'd left in anything but a tie..." He smiled nervously and loosened his tie a little. "Am I early?"

For a split second, Arc was distracted by the cloud of smoke. He visibly tensed, even though the Beast Rune didn't seem to consider it an issue at all. That was when he finally noticed Revenant... and 'Father Christmas'. 

"Nice? Me?"

There was a brief moment when he had to actually consider it. He hadn't caused anyone any permanent physical harm... that counted, right?

"Well... I tried. I get points for effort, right?" He chuckled, half-jokingly.

Edited by GranspearZX

"Nice to meet you... and Happy Holidays. Call me Arcturus." He smiled, extending a hand to shake with both Velocity and Solar Sentinel. Normally, he would have been the guy hanging out on the fringes because he didn't know anyone--or at least, he didn't see anyone he recognized right away. Recently, though, he felt far more comfortable in his own skin and around people. 

"Thanks for the invite," he said, looking around the decorated hall. "I hope I'm not... overdressed. I don't think my minders would've let me leave if I'd left in anything but a tie..." He smiled nervously and loosened his tie a little. "Am I early?"

For a split second, Arc was distracted by the cloud of smoke. He visibly tensed, even though the Beast Rune didn't seem to consider it an issue at all. That was when he finally noticed Revenant... and 'Father Christmas'. 

"It's very nice to meet you Arcturus."  Velocity replied with a wide smile.  "Over dressed?"  She then added with a small laugh.  "No, not at all.  I knew I should have worn a dress instead.  Though, I could take a half a second or so and change I guess."  The speedster added with a grin.

"And no, you're pretty much right on time, I expect more people to be arriving shortly."

Velocity caught sight of the white smoke coming down from the chimney that had been recently installed, but showed no sign of alarm or the like as Comrade Frost took form from the smoke.

Over the speakers, White Christmas by Frank Sinatra began to play.

Solar Sentinel

Solar Sentinel shook Arcturus' hand. "A pleasure." Then he heard the song come on, and chuckled to himself. "Wonderful song, really." He said, looking up as if trying to pinpoint the origins.

"It always makes me chuckle, though. I hear what other people consider a classic song or see a classic talking picture, and all I think about is how I'm even older than it is."

He eyed Comrade Frost with a bit of curiosity. "Nice to meet you, Sir." He said. He was a bit amused at his mannerisms, but supposed that superheroes came in all sorts of odd forms. Being an immortal space man wasn't even the oddest he'd heard of.

Asad's arrival was showy, in the way that only he could do, without using a hint of his powers, unless one counted him showing up in this particular car of his.  Moving smoothly to a parking spot, and whether anyone was looking for him, they head the tectonic shifting growl of the that hypercar's massive engine.  The door pushed up and out as he stepped out of the vehicle then, straightening as he smoothed the expensive slate gray sports coat.  As usual for these sorts of things he was dressed up, though today was a bit different while he was wearing that jacket and matching pants, he had on one of the shirts he wore in lieu of a uniform undernearth, with the stylized lion face on the front of it.  This made sense as he was one of the more open heroes in Freedom City, if not the only playboy who was openly a hero in the world.

It was an easy walk up to the door to the lobby and stepping in to hear Christmas music, wincing a bit at the lights, he pulled out a pair of sunglasses from his breast pocket and put them on as he moved in casually, looking around, and taking in the... cheer.  Not that he was a Ebeneezer type, but the aggressive happiness he saw at this time of year always astounded and confused him, just a little bit.

"Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Welcome, welcome! Glad both of you ladies could make it. My name's Gabriel, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of introduction?"

Comrade Frost 

A cloud of white smoke poured down the chimney of Freedom Hall, circulated merrily over the fire (which dimmed noticeably) and then reformed on one of the nearby couches - with his white hair, bluish skin and red eyes, free of his usual bulky costume, Comrade Frost looked more like a Norse elf than a human being, though the costume shop beard ruined the occasion a bit. "Greetings, children!" he declared in a raspy voice. "I am Father Christmas! Have you been good little children this year?" he asked with a wink, leaning out of his seat to wave at the heroes elsewhere in the hall. Unlike them, he didn't seem inclined to move far from his seat by the fire, which seemed to be glowing at a rather attenuated level. "Revenant, Arcturus, come keep an old man company, eh?" called the world-famous Russian hero for a moment. "I want to hear stories of how you have been nice this year!" 

“...If you’ll excuse me it seems Santa has summoned me. A pleasure to meet you.â€

Moving over to Comrade Frost she gave him her best curtsy.

“I must confess Grandfather Frost that I’ve been a little naughty, I’ve been dancing a lot with younger men.â€

She threw her arms around  Comrade Frost and gave him a large kiss on the cheek, unconcerned with the cold that radiated from him.

“Can you forgive me Grandfather Frost?â€

Maxima could hardly believe that she got an invitation to the party.  To be honest, it seemed like she always missed out on these big events and team ups.  She did however lend a hand whenever she could.  Her most common appearance would be after the fight, where she would lend a hand with the clean up.  Sure, Dr. Metropolis could handle a lot of these sorts of things, but if he was injured or busy, or if the streets were simply littered with mechanical dinosaurs, a helping hand never hurt. 

But never the less, when the hour arrived, Maxima made her way to the League HQ, one jump at a time.  She mounted the steps and was immediately thankful that the robust architecture meant that she didn't even have to stoop down to make her way inside, nor did she have to duck once inside.  It was an odd feeling to stand at her full height indoors.  Maxima had opted for more of a dressed down approach, as she wore her full costume; she had a nagging doubt that she wouldn't be recognized if she ditched the blue and white singlet.  But to get a little into the festive spirit, she did put on some candy cane earings and had her nails done up in a festive red and white. 

While she beamed and waved at anyone who caught her eye, she had the sudden realization that even though she knew the name of pretty much everyone in the room from the news and TV, she had never had an honest to goodness conversation with any of them. 

And then Gabriel walked up to the pair, and Vector turned to face the Irish hero.  "No, we haven't.  It's a pleasure to meet you, Gabriel- I'm Vector."

“...If you’ll excuse me it seems Santa has summoned me. A pleasure to meet you.â€

Moving over to Comrade Frost she gave him her best curtsy.

Gabriel smiled and nodded as Revenant moved on.

"Of course, a pleasure to meet you both. I'm just trying to help make sure everyone's comfortable and so forth. If you have any questions or need directions around this maze of a building, feel free to ask myself or one of the other League members."

With another quick handshake, he was moving on through the crowd, smiling, nodding, and waving at people as he went. Finally, he ended up next to Maxima, who he had to look up at a bit. That didn't deter him from offering her a handshake.

"Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I don't believe we've had the pleasure of being introduced! You can call me Gabriel."