And I Was Just Standing There!

Electra

I've recently noticed that most of my threads lately have been combat-oriented, and mostly with characters my characters already know. That's fun and all, but I'd like to change it up some. Anybody interested in doing some social or mostly-social threads with my characters, just to get acquainted and build inter-character networks? My general formula is "X and Y meet up while they're both out patroling" or "X meets Y in a park in the evening," or "X meets Y at some social function for costumed heroes," but I'm pretty flexible. There could be some light supervillainy as well. 

All of my characters are open for interaction. For those who do not know them, they are: 

Wander: 22 years old, Claremont alum, chief of security for HAX technology company but still goes out patrolling many nights. Likes: beating things with sticks, vintage cars, cats. Dislikes: zombies (a lot) A bit standoffish, but always willing to help out a fellow hero

Fleur de Joie: 29 years old, mother of one, plant controller, Freedom League member. Runs her own planet, which takes up quite a bit of time, but she'll be spending some nights in March in the parks of Freedom City, helping the spring to come a little early. Very friendly and gregarious, loves making new friends. 

Miss Americana: Late twenties, well-known patriotic paragon and CEO of ArcheTech Industries. Spends a lot of time doing charity work and public relations for her company, or working on robots in her extensive lab facilities. Also does some recruiting work at local colleges, but is almost never seen "off-duty." 

Hologram: Late 40s but looks 35, mother of two, co-star of popular Discovery Channel show SuperCrime!, focused on famous heists committed by supervillains and the superheroes who fight them. Works in LA but can be found in Port Regal and Bayview, volunteering at the super schools her children attend. Rarely patrols, but makes her contact information widely available for those in need of psychic assistance. 

Anybody who's interested in doing a meet-up thread, just reply here or drop me a PM and we'll work something out, or tag me in chat. I'm especially interested in characters I haven't gotten a chance to play with before. 

I just had an idea: what about Nevermore and Hologram? Specifically, what if she was one of the psychics the Freedom League brought in a few years ago to help de-program him and help him transition back to being Aleksander instead of Svarog? We could do a talky-style thread where she's just having a routine checkup with him. Could be a chance to let him be a bit more vulnerable; she's a "mom figure", but not part of his daily life, so he might feel like he can talk to her without it "ruining his image" or whatnot.

Having Nevermore and Wander meet on a patrol could be fun, since he's already done some training with Midnight, who probably told Wander at least the basics about the "new kid".

While Argonaut wouln't be likely have seen an episode of Supercrime!  She could easily meet Holly at Nicholson either in the middle of picking up attending children.  Or volunteering for some sort of even that parents never really want to volunteer for. 

Of course the Agent of AEGIS could work with Miss A..  While Yves doesn't know about the Gina connection.  It might be fair to say Steve told Miss A. about the other Omegadrone.  Curious as she is, she might want to vet the freed Omegadrone personally.  Perhaps at some sort of co-opted charity event with Archetech and AEGIS.

I think the perpetual wears her heart on her sleeve Glamazon might be an entertaining mix with Wander.  Perhaps on a night out on patrol.  With the Atlantean princess expressing being quite the fan of the former Claremonter.  Especially, due to Wander having once saved Atlantis.

While Fleur and Glamazon are also a pretty obvious mix, for all the happy.  I think Fleur and Foreshadow could work.  Though Foreshadow's nightly habits involve a lot less casual time in the park.  They could meet after either stopping a drug bust in the park.  Or a very messy car chase through it.  Then again there's always meeting in the civilian guises.  Busy as Stesha is, I assume she still has some time to run around Earth perhaps while ordering more supplies for her planet as they can't just eat and wear plants!  Though Erick's bouncing between cities more often at the moment, he still spends a healthy enough amount time in FC to be a helpful hand.

I think all of those are strong ideas, HG, especially Glamazon with Wander (they have a lot of the same powers, could even be some kind of mentorship thing, alumni to student?) and Miss Americana checking out Argonaut to see what Harrier has been so worried about all this time. Which one would you like to do first? 

... Here's an idea. I'm halfway certain that Blue Jay has met Wander before, so this might not fit your requirement. But, Jay is supposed to be going to therapy because she, you know, killed a person and didn't show any remorse over it. I haven't done much with it story-wise, but it might be interesting to have Wander talk to her about it.

HGM: Sounds good! I'll see if I can get AA to set something up, since I like his Duncan Summers best. :D 

EternalPhoenix: Fun! I think Fleur and Queenie should definitely meet, they will probably get along really well. Maybe an evening park adventure one night when Queenie is not working, or maybe Stesha and Amaryllis could stop by her restaurant one night. Queenie would recognize her as Fleur de Joie if she has any knowledge of Freedom City heroes, and might like to chat? We should do another thread with Miss A and Terrifica too, eventually. 

Rav: That would definitely be an interesting thread, do you think it would be something set up through the school? Officially there is no recognition of what Young Freedom did on Graduation Day (and thus no accounting for what Erin did), but Duncan Summers and Dr. Marquez at Claremont are both aware. 

Rav: That would definitely be an interesting thread, do you think it would be something set up through the school? Officially there is no recognition of what Young Freedom did on Graduation Day (and thus no accounting for what Erin did), but Duncan Summers and Dr. Marquez at Claremont are both aware.

Setting it up through school makes sense, but Jay is going to be suspicious if it starts at Claremont. If she's brought into this with the notion that "your personal hero is going to talk to you about Why Killing Is Bad" she's going to start pretty closed off.

Tona's living above Silberman's now, between Duncan Summers and Grim they should be able to arrange an 'accidental' meeting.

Actually I think of my characters, the pairing with the most potential is Fluer and Miracle Girl, based on Casey's passion for nature and public service. Casey recently came up with a plan to sneak out at night to use her Super-Speed to clean up Freedom's parks; perhaps they might meet up like that?

On the other end of the spectrum, Grim and Miss Americana might be an interesting mix; half of the proceeds of last year's haunted house went to help Freedom's disabled vets, and I believe prosthetics are a bit of a passion for Miss A?

Sure Heritage, we can do that. Stesha doesn't spend as much time in Freedom City's parks as she used to, but she tries to keep her hand in. She'd appreciate meeting another civic-pride-minded superhero! It sounds like Casey might have a more interesting time of getting out to go park-hopping, so maybe you can set up the thread and Stesha will see her at the park? 

• 2 weeks later...

Emily (Mechanized) and Miss Americana have lots of affinities. My character is the heiress of a high tech military firm and a robotic expert too, so they'll likely know each other already, but that doesn't mean they would have socialized much before. Emily is shy in social situations and everyone knows she's a transsexual, so she gets a lot of pressure in "nice" circles.

Diane (Nano Angel) could use some company too, she's a former engineer who was infected with alien nanomachines. Kind of a Venom/Seven of Nine/Phoenix mash-up, and she's been experimented upon by a supervillain for months before being freed by AEGIS. As a result, she thinks she's a monster and suffers from serious post traumatic stress disorder.

In short, she's a nutcase.

It would be interesting to see Miss A and Mechanized in a thread together, they probably know of each other, but if Emily is shy, they may well not have actually met. Miss A only appeared on the tech scene (basically out of nowhere) when she became CEO of ArcheTech four years ago, so I don't know how Emily's family might feel about her. I could see them meeting each other for professional reasons, perhaps both of them brought in to consult with police or AEGIS about a robot problem? 

Sounds like a social thread with Diane could go in a few different ways with a few different characters (nanotech consult with Miss A, patrol meetup with Wander, even possibly a visit to Project Freedom to commiserate about what it's like to be used as a weapon by supervillains with Singularity), but the easiest and most painless one might be an interaction with Fleur de Joie, just because she's so very nice, and Nano Angel sounds like someone who could use a friend. =) 

What's your pleasure? 

Asad is all about the money, and has a lot of files on people, because he is a good business man and knowledge is useful.

He is also a huge philanthropist.  So him with Miss A, or Stesha makes a lot of sense, in terms of social threads.  

Errant could fit with anyone, but most naturally with Wander or Hologram.  He standoffish, and insightful if a bit stilted.

Annnnn' that's it.

The problem with Diane is location: she doesn't look human, so she's likely to attract lots of attention wherever she goes, and she still has a villain with a grudge against her. If you can think of a place where they can have a chance meeting, then it's OK. I really want to do a social thread with her, as I feel I've been neglecting her. She's a complex character and I feel she'd be rewarding to play.

Souffle, does Nano Angel patrol at night? If she happens to be in one of Freedom City's many parks during the night, she could easily run into Fleur de Joie doing her spring cleaning and beautifying. 

TA, I could easily see Fleur looking to tap Asad's philanthropic nature on behalf of her people on Sanctuary, they're always needing things. :D  Or if Errant is having any kind of difficulties with his psychic powers, or wants more instruction, he could do a mentorship thing with Hologram, perhaps. What's your pleasure? 

Hmm. Do you think Hologram would see Samaritan? Kid needs serious therapy, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to admit anything's wrong. And then he insists he can handle it. There's a ball of anger, pain, guilt, and hate locked under the surface of his personality, for a number of reasons. He's doing his best to ignore it exists and manage it when he can't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Came up with a couple ideas since somebody (might've been you) recommended this thread to me. If Miss Americana appears at Danny's college, the two might meet up tackling some small robbery or such near the campus. (If we're going mostly social, the PL difference shouldn't be quite as problematic.) Seems like, as an inventor, Gina would be at least a little interested in the technology behind his cyborg state as well. Really, though, anyone who patrols for street level stuff has a chance at meeting Stinger, so I'm up for anything/one you're inclined to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you still looking for thread E, but I've had this idea rattling around my head that I though could be interesting.

Triakosia with her senses notices that Miss Americana is well not human and decides to investigate. Instead of going in all fists she convinces her editor that she's got a killer story about a big hero and convinces them to allow her a couple of days to go undercover.  Cue her speaking to various people around Archetech until she manages to work her way to the top floor. Finally she get to talk to Miss Americana or even managed to track down Gina...