Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a good day, Edge thought breathlessly. Though he was watching his own team with special care, naturally enough since they were his friends, despite the danger of the situation Mark thought only of how glorious it was to see so many of Freedom's heroes together battling against impossible odds. "We're doing this, everybody," he said with simple confidence through his commlink. "All will be well." And with that, he closed his eyes, snapped them open with a shout, and pushed, ripples of destruction erupting from Mark and cascading downwards, cutting through Grue like a tactical nuclear warhead through butter, pushing himself to the utmost as the reality-bending waves of destruction cascaded through the air again and again.

Share this post


Link to post

Fulcrum was stunned that the monstrosity didn't go down. That was one of her most powerful and effective attacks! The beast must be even tougher than Atlas himself. The thought was mind boggling. Unfortunately, she had lots of time to ponder the problem. As she ducked-and-weaved around the furious counter attack, a savage backhand, not claws or bite, flashed light in her vision. When she could next see, she was far away from the monster.

To her team mates and fellow heroes, Fulcrum was squeezing close to the behemoth and zooming around it as it roared. A blink-of-the-eye later she was hurled like a rag doll toward and through a second floor window. Glass and concrete shattered, metal rent and dust swirled as the human projectile plowed through walls. Finally she came to rest against a main support pillar. Over the din of super battle and crackling lightning, the rumble of the impact was surprisingly sedate.

She lay quiet, little Centurions flying around her head. The nearby explosion registered in her mind, but she was in no condition to comprehend the data. Ow.

Share this post


Link to post

Erin watched with satisfaction as the monster she'd been fighting went down for the count, and the other nearby collapsed as well. There was another, she knew, but it was further away, surely more than a jump... but she was going to try it anyway. "Come on," she told James, grabbing him snugly around the waist. "We've got more to do." She leapt into the air... and was quite startled when she leapt higher and further than she ever had before!

Desperate times, desperate measures, she thought to herself, landing in front of the final monster and putting James behind her. With her bat fully extended, she plowed into the monster, smashing it hard and fast with both ends.

Share this post


Link to post

And quicker than you can say "kill steal" the Behemoth is riddled with bruises bumps and cuts from Wander's savage assault. It takes a few lumbering swipes at Wander, but hits nothing but air and ground. Finally with one viscous blow to the back of the head, the Behemoth keels over, unmoving, but breathing heavily. With that, the advancing mob has all but been destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post

As the last of the great beasts collapsed under Wanders assault Phalanx turned towards the hospital his eyes rapidly scanning the building for the source and hopefully cause oft explosions as he rocketed towards the hospital in a streak of blue and gold to try and head off whatever saboteurs he could find. Hopeful the building was still sound as he blew through the doors on his way to the explosions.

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh my..."

Sparky looked up as the hole was blown in the side of the building.

"DAD!" Sparksmith's aura grew brighter as he flew back to the group. He scribbled something on a piece of paper and tossed it to a few of the heroes before flying up and into the hospital.

I know you want me to stick around in case the power goes out, but my dad's in there. If you need me, call my cell: 631-555-2121

When Sparksmith entered the hole, he found staff members and patients battered and bruised. He landed and ran to their sides.

"This is not good. This is not good at all. Where is he?" he thought aloud, in a bit of shock. He ran from staff member to staff member looking for someone conscious enough to know exactly what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...