Character Edits, v4

After some chats with the guys in chat who seem much more knowledgeable in the system then me I'd like to drop Speed 3 as well as the super strength PF 'Bracing' and I'd like to add an array power to Flight the power being Immovability 10. I'd also like to change my regeneration flaw to be 'Daytime' instead of 'Sunlight' and also add Super strength 3 flaw Needs Daytime to represent being stronger during the day. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if either of these edits have even been looked at, so I would like to re-post them in hopes that they might catch the ever watchful eyes of one of our awesome judges! :D

After doing some thinking, I would like to add the following Complication to Breakdown

I Wonder What's Playing: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, roll a die to determine which form Breakdown begins combat in. (If there are a disproportionate number of forms, select which ones have numerical priority) - 4 forms: 25% chance each.

Justification: Eddie has multiple forms. They are determined by what music he is currently listening to. Eddie is a pretty big fan of listening to his iPOD on shuffle (or any random music radio station). I will make an attempt to state which songs or genre's he is currently listening to, but I know I will not be able to do this all of the time. Especially if I get blindsided with the start of a combat. That being said, to be fair, I believe that Eddie should be able to start every combat in one of his forms due to his other complication: "Addiction: Listens to music CONSTANTLY." This gives him a fair way to begin every combat in one of his forms. It also means that I can't just arbitrarily pick whichever one is best for the given situation, and that seems rather appropriate, because you really never know what's going to come up on random shuffle...

Also, Please update his play list to include:

Rock:

Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

Reign of the Hammer - Hammerfall

SKA:

Plastic Cup Politics - Less Than Jake

Magnetic North - Less Than Jake

Danny Says - Less Than Jake

Time Bomb - Rancid

JAZZ:

Unwell - Matchbox Twenty

Standing Room in Heaven - That Handsome Devil

Searching - INXS

Trance:

Nemesis - VNV Nation

Old Stuff:

Not sure if either of these edits have even been looked at, so I would like to re-post them in hopes that they might catch the ever watchful eyes of one of our awesome judges! :D

New Stuff:

7pp to spend:

Scratch his last equipment feat. These items would have been taken from him during the trial and it would be difficult for him to replace them at this time.

8pp to spend:

Feats: Defensive Roll 3 [3pp]

5pp to spend:

Eliminate Drawback - Vulnerable (Electricity) [conductive metal within suit] -3 (Very Common; +1 DC) (as it was linked to his armor from equipment which he no longer possesses.) [3pp]

2pp to spend - BANKED

5pp to spend

Feats: Benefit (Alternate Identity: Fake ID [21 years old]) [1pp]

Feats: Benefit (Use Perform (Dance) instead of Bluff to make feints in combat) [1pp]

3pp to spend

Skills: +1 rank to the following skills: Knowledge (Pop Culture), Perform (Dance), Perform (Vocals), Profession (DJ); [1pp]

2pp to spend

Additional alternate form [1pp]

1pp to spend - BANK

Breakdown Edits done by Geez3r

Captain Knievel Edits done by Geez3r

Ecalsneerg pointed out that I had diehard as a feet AND as a power feat, so I switched it out for luck. Also with even more talk about character things with people in chat I'd like to switch Flight to an array with flight as the base power and Immovability 10, Burrowing 8 with the extra Penetrating 2, and leaping 10. Dropping the Super Strength power feat bracing as well as all that super strength source sunlight that I can't get right adding an extra rank of super strength and adding 1 point to str bringing it up to 37. I did the work on the sheet here to be a help, if it isn't please tell me and I'll refrain in the future.

Stats: 19pp

Str: 37 (+13)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: - (-)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 8 (-1)

Combat: 6+12 = 18pp

Attack: +7 Unarmed, +5 Melee, + 3 Ranged

Grapple: +29

Defense: +7 (+3 flat-footed) +6 Base Defense +1 Dodge

Knockback: -11, -21 w/ Immovability

Initiative: +0

Saves: 6pp

Toughness: +13 (Impervious 10)

Fortitude: Immune

Reflex: +2 (+0 Dex, +2)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: 16r = 4pp

Climb 2 (+15)

Notice 2 (+4)

Intimidate 4 (+3)

Knowledge Streewise 2 (+2)

Sense Motive 4 (+6)

Swim 2 (+15)

Feats: 11pp

All-out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 2

Attack Specialization Unarmed

Dodge Focus

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Sunder

Luck

Power Attack

Powers: 96pp

Movement Powers 5 (10PP Array, PFs: AP 3) [13]

Base Power:Flight 5 (250 mph / 2,500 feet; Flight/Surrounds himself in golden energy making him able to fly) [10]

AP#1: Immovability 10 (Immovability/Becomes Sturdier on Ground) [10]

AP#2: Leaping 10 (In the air for 6 rounds, Leaping Not Daytime: 77500 ft / 14.6 miles running horizontal jump, 38750 ft / 7.3 miles standing horizontal jump, 19375 ft / 3.6 miles vertical jump, Leaping Daytime: 85000 ft / 16 miles running horizontal jump, 42500 / 8 miles standing horizontal jump, 21250 ft/ 4 miles vertical jump. (Leaping/Super Strong Legs) [10]

AP#3: Burrowing 8 (250 mph/ 2,500 feet; Burrowing/Flies threw ground, Extras Penetrating 2) [10]

Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects [selfsustained/Made of super stone]) [30]

Protection 13 (Stoneskin/Made of super stone; Extras: Impervious 10) [23]

Regeneration 10 (+10 Recovery [+5 Bonus total]; Flaws: Source Sunlight -1; PFs: Persistent, Regrowth, Diehard) [8]

Super-Strength 9 (effective Str 82; Light Load: 250 Tons, Medium Load: 500 Tons, Heavy Load: 800 Tons, Maximum Load 1600 Tons, Push/Drag: 4000 Tons; PFs: Countering Punch, Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap) [20]

Drawbacks: 2pp

Noticeable (Protection) [1pp]

Wealth: Impoverished [1pp]

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Unarmed 28/Toughness Bruise

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (18) + Saves (6) + Skills (4) + Feats (11) + Powers (96) - Drawbacks (2) = 152/152pp

Daytime, the suns powerful enough to activate his moderate healing ability as long as it's shining over the area, just it's precensce. But I guess if he went deep enough underground (A mile or more) it'd stop. He's suppose to have a connection to the sun, that I'll be adding more sun based powers as later as he developes .,

Ace Danger

Drop Attractive and add 4 ranks of Diplomacy and 4 ranks of Bluff [1 point]

Plus 1 base attack, Plus 1 base defense [4 points]

End result would look like

Bluff 15 (+22)

Diplomacy 9 (+16, +22 with wealth)

Attack +4 (+8 unarmed)

Defense +8 (+2 flat footed)

Thanks

Edits done by Geez3r

Daytime, the suns powerful enough to activate his moderate healing ability as long as it's shining over the area, just it's precensce. But I guess if he went deep enough underground (A mile or more) it'd stop.

:shock:

No. Just... no. If it requires a mile of dirt to block his sun-based regeneration, he should be regenerating just as well in moonlight.

I'd be comfortable with Source/Daylight (must be in direct sunlight) or Source/Daytime at the place he gained his powers (implying a more mystical connection to the place where he was changed) if you want to keep it as a Flaw.

:shock:

No. Just... no. If it requires a mile of dirt to block his sun-based regeneration, he should be regenerating just as well in moonlight.

I'd be comfortable with Source/Daylight (must be in direct sunlight) or Source/Daytime at the place he gained his powers (implying a more mystical connection to the place where he was changed) if you want to keep it as a Flaw.

Haha, yea probably should go with source sun light since I guess that was a bit ridiculous :oops: , though for the Super Strength three source Sunlight... Could it be something like after he's been in the sun for a few hours it'll last a couple hours out of the sun? Just to make it useful inside, it would be a lot like Source Daytime I guess but make more sense for the character and still be a flaw since he wouldn't be able to use the extra 3 super-strength at night. But he could still only regenerate with direct sunlight.

Hrm... only thing coming to mind is to do it as a Boost Super-Str which can only be used while in daylight. Something like

Boost 6 (Super Strength, gains Super-Str 3; Flaw: Only in sunlight) [3pp]

Which could be adjusted with the Total Fade extra and the Slow Fade power feat as desired.

A few character edits:

I'd like to switch Avenger's Drain Con 4 (Requires Grapple) out for:

Drain Con 2 (Extras: Insidious) (Flaws: Requires Grapple) [2pp] linked with Emotion Control 8 (Flaws: Limited to love, Range 2 [touch]) [2 pp] [total of 4 pp]

and make his old Drain Con 8 (Requires Grapple) [4pp] as an AP of the big Drain Con.

That way when Avenger is feeling nice, he can have a "nice" bite. When he's feeling mean, he can rip someone's throat out. (Not that he'd do that...now. ;) ) After all, we've seen Avenger using his Drain Con this month.

That subtracts four points and adds one point to his seven, leaving him with four points to spend. I'd like to spend the remaining points as follows:

Defensive Roll 1 (1 point)

Dodge Focus 1 (1 points)

Second Chance (stealth checks) (1 point) [stealth has "consequences for failure", right enough. And he actually failed a Stealth check this month!]

And let's buy that Will save up to +12. (1 point)

Edits done by Geez3r

June point expenditures for Wander and Fleur de Joie:

Wander:

This month Erin has been practicing her fighting style and doing a great deal of catching up at school. After being thoroughly outclassed by a flying opponent and crashing through a roof, she's tried to practice, if not flying, at least falling more gracefully. She's still not doing too well in learning finesse, but she's starting to be able to focus her attacks more, even if that means focusing so much on a hit that she forgets to block. And she's taking exhaustive courses in computers, history, math, and other subjects, as well as trying to catch up on what this world is really like.

Super Movement 1 (Slow Fall) 2pp

Feat: All Out Attack 1pp

Skills: 1pp

Computer 1

Knowledge History 1

Knowledge Current Events 1

Knowledge Physical Science 1

1pp saved for the future

Fleur de Joie:

Now that she's actually doing hero work, Stesha's starting to learn a little more about what she can do with plants. Once it crossed her mind that she could move other people along with her on her transmits, she started wondering what else she could do with it. It's very hard to take anything person-sized along with her, but if she can get the plants to hold something or someone for her while she's transmitting, she can pull it back out on the other end of her transmit, and that's pretty handy. Trouble is, if something's struggling too much, it just doesn't work very well. She's also started playing with her flower-potting ability. She can't do much with it yet, mostly just pick up a pot's worth of dirt and move it around, but she thinks it might come in handy sometime in the future.

AP (to Snare Array): Dimensional Pocket 2 (Continuous, Ranged) (PF: Progression x4)(cap. 5000lbs) 1pp

Immunity 1: (Suffocation, limited to C02-containing atmospheres, usable by others) 1pp

Feature: Breathes C02 0pp

Earth Control 1 (subtle) 3pp

Edits done by Geez3r

Alright, gonna shift a few points around for Malice.

Going to use my 2 new points to buy ranks in Intimidate and Gather Information continuing last month's buying of things he's "always had"

Secondly, get rid of Malice's 2 ranks in Equipment, as the Benefits of that feat just kind of got splattered everywhere.

I'd then like to use those 2 points to bump Knowledge: Civics, Diplomacy and Bluff all up to 8 ranks (which is 3 ranks in Diplomacy and Civics and 2 points in Bluff). These ranks were gained while observing Captain Knievel's trial and gaining insight into legal doctrine, and ways of phrasing questions.

I'll make the changes regarding Malice losing his various Benefit feats, possibly Connections and Contacts as well, in addition to his arm when that all comes to pass. So until it officially happens in game, I'll leave it as is so Malice doesn't go through like a 12 point swing in one edit.

Due to the event's in Once upon a time I'd Like to spend the 4 point's Ember has on adding a new power, as well as a slight change in some of his other powers, due to him pushing passed some of the Magic blocks in him.

This should leave him with 1pp spare for the time being. His spellbook will be getting an update as well later on due to some of the's changers, but not yet.

Morph 1: (broad group: Humanoids +5 Disguise) [2pp]

His Strike ability is Changed to a

Blast 1: (40ft, DC 19, 1 AP) (Fire/Nature Magic) [3pp]

*[AP] Strike 1: (Extra Penetrating) (Fire/Nature Magic)

And Lastly Just some minor correction on his Mystic Key, The Dimensional movement power should have "One way (To the Fox grove)" attached to it, (either as Flaws or Drawbacks, I'm more incline to say drawbacks) and the point that shaves off I'd add to another rank of luck. (The Grove has a set portal back to FC, which will be explained in full with Gwens Npc sheet which has the Groves stats)

So it should look like this

Device 1: Mystic Key

Enhanced Feat 1: Luck 2

Super Movement 1: Dimensional 1 (Drawback 1: One way - To Grove) (Fox Circle Grove)

Super Sensors 1: Communication Link (Nature Magic, Linked to Gwen Vulpes)

Please and thank you :)

Edits done by Geez3r

The Scarab has 4PP to spend.

I will spend 1PP on the "Improvised Tools" feat. This will compliment her Beginners Luck and Jack of All Trades feats. It also represents knowledge she has accumulated from countless past lives. It seems reasonable that after so much time, she would have learned to make do with whatever happens to be at hand.

I will spend 1PP on one rank of the Luck feat. She needs Hero Points to fuel her Beginners Luck and Connected feats (both of which I use regularly). And even with her large array, I power stunt all the time.

I will then spend her last 2PP to increase her Charisma score from "14 (+2)" to "16 (+3)." This will also change the entry "(All CHA Skills)" under Skills from "0 (+2)" to "0 (+3)."

I originally neglected Charisma and Interaction Skills because I thought her psychic powers would make them redundant. I was mistaken, in terms of both mechanics and role-playing. I keep finding myself in the "peacemaker" and "voice of reason" roles when playing her, and I've made a habit of giving dramatic speeches and proclamations while she's speaking from behind the mask. More importantly, PCs and NPCs alike have been taking them seriously, taking them to heart. I feel obligated to adjust her stats to match her successes. So I will continue to increase her Charisma in the future.

The template suggested for The Scarab in Freedom City Archetypes & Legacies has high Charisma and Diplomacy scores. I laughed when I first read it, but over time I've been leaning toward it, despite myself.

Her sheet should also be edited at the top to reflect the fact that she currently has no tradeoffs.

Edits done by Geez3r

I've got 4 PP on Phantom and I'd like to spend them on the following:

I'd like to spend one to add the following to her Magic Array

Detect Magic: Ranged, (Acute, Analytical, Accurate, Radius, Tracking (3), Extended (5)), Detect Dimensional: Ranged, (Acute, Analytical, Accurate, Radius, Tracking (3), Extended (5))

I'd also like to raise her dimensional movement to Dimensional Movement 3 [6pp] to allow all dimensional travel as it makes sense for the character's background

I'd like to spend my last PP on the skills:

Intimidate 2

and add 2 to my Knowledge Arcane Lore to raise that to 12

Thanks!

Edits done by Geez3r

And for Psyche, I'd like to buy:

Psychic Super Sense: Ranged Mental Sense (2), Accurate (1), Radius (1), Accute (1), Detect Mood (1) [6 pp]

And I'd like to add Telekinesis to her TK Array with the last power pt.

Telekinetic: Move Object 3, Flaw: Distracting. PF: Precise

Edits done by Geez3r

PL 10 Grim has 5 pp to spend, I would like to spend them thusly:

2 pp to bump Wisdom up to 12; she's been showing signs of greater perception and understanding.

2 pp to give her two ranks of Protection in her normal form. Just because.

1 pp to purchase Immunity (aging). Yeah, pretty much a pure roleplaying thing, to show she's truly no longer human.

Edits done by Geez3r

And there we go.

3 things I noticed as I wen through all these edits

1. Jack, I'm real hazy on what edits are being done to Golden Guardian. So if you could post the final list here that would be great.

2. Heritage, I could not find the PL 10 Grim of which you speak, maybe I'm blind, who knows? Care to point me in the right direction?

3. Quote, I highly regret giving you the idea for the music powered guy, but at the time I did not realize there would be a dozen or so boxes in each category representing his abilities in each of the few dozen forms :D I most likely made several errors on his sheet.

If I missed anyone or screwed up anywhere just gimme a holler, here preferably as I need to clean out my Inbox.

And if any of the other Refs could handle Malice's edits for me, that would be super-duper.

Alright, gonna shift a few points around for Malice.

Going to use my 2 new points to buy ranks in Intimidate and Gather Information continuing last month's buying of things he's "always had"

Secondly, get rid of Malice's 2 ranks in Equipment, as the Benefits of that feat just kind of got splattered everywhere.

I'd then like to use those 2 points to bump Knowledge: Civics, Diplomacy and Bluff all up to 8 ranks (which is 3 ranks in Diplomacy and Civics and 2 points in Bluff). These ranks were gained while observing Captain Knievel's trial and gaining insight into legal doctrine, and ways of phrasing questions.

I'll make the changes regarding Malice losing his various Benefit feats, possibly Connections and Contacts as well, in addition to his arm when that all comes to pass. So until it officially happens in game, I'll leave it as is so Malice doesn't go through like a 12 point swing in one edit.