Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also keep Icarus' purchases for this month relatively simple. I'd like to spend 2 pp to reduce his Dodge Focus by 2 and increase his Defense by 2. That leaves me with Defense +9 (+3 flat-footed) and Dodge Focus 4.

It looks like that'd put him at +10 (+3 flat) -- it looks like he's got a BDB of +4 now (22 pp on combat, and with 14 tied to BAB of +7, that leaves 8 for BDB), and with Dodge Focus 6, which should put him at Defense +10 (+2 flat). (Which puts him over on his Defense/Toughness caps.)

Shiny new pp :)

Right, spending them.

Mongrel Angel: Reducing bought Will save by one and buying up Wisdom to 12 (+1); net effect is bumping up her Wis-based skills by one.

Exile: Pouring more effort into my HQ by purchasing another rank of Equipment resulting in the following.

Equipment: Headquarters

The Gentle Mansion [HQ] (15ep)

Size: Large (2)

Toughness: 20 (3)

Features: Garage, Library, Living Space, Personnel [semi-Ghostly Servants], Power System, Security System [DC], Self-Repairing 2 (10)

It looks like that'd put him at +10 (+3 flat) -- it looks like he's got a BDB of +4 now (22 pp on combat, and with 14 tied to BAB of +7, that leaves 8 for BDB), and with Dodge Focus 6, which should put him at Defense +10 (+2 flat). (Which puts him over on his Defense/Toughness caps.)

It appears there's been a typo in Icarus's sheet, then. I see the same thing that you do - the Defense should be 10 with the numbers in Combat and Feats. My goal is to reduce the number of ranks in Dodge Focus, and I'll keep going on that.

Defense is currently 14 before Dodge Focus and 20 after. The maximum it can be at is 19, based on tradeoffs.

Reduce Dodge Focus by 2, and spend 2 power points to increase Defense by 2. This makes Defense 16 before Dodge Focus and 20 after. Then reduce Dodge Focus by 2 more, increasing Defense by 1. This makes Defense 17 before Dodge Focus and 19 after. It also means that his flat-footed defense is now 14 (and I don't feel like a bum for having such a high rank of Dodge Focus). Next month, I can do something more interesting, like skills and Charisma!

I noticed that Lullabys Emotion Control isn't based on her singing.

Can I add the flaw: Sense Dependant (Hearing) Onto emotion control. With the spare power point from this transaction, can I have Enhanced Feat: Attractive? (I think its Enhance feat, I don't possess ULTIMATE POWER)

Shiny new pp :)

Right, spending them.

Mongrel Angel: Reducing bought Will save by one and buying up Wisdom to 12 (+1); net effect is bumping up her Wis-based skills by one.

Exile: Pouring more effort into my HQ by purchasing another rank of Equipment resulting in the following.

Equipment: Headquarters

The Gentle Mansion [HQ] (15ep)

Size: Large (2)

Toughness: 20 (3)

Features: Garage, Library, Living Space, Personnel [semi-Ghostly Servants], Power System, Security System [DC], Self-Repairing 2 (10)

Done. However, I've spotted two other problems on Exile's sheet.

1) The Triggered PF on his Spatial Control: what's the trigger? With Triggered taken once, you just have one trigger, Triggered 2 lets you change the trigger on a case-by-case basis.

2) Reducing the Action required for Morph isn't really a Flaw, since it's barely a hindrance (how many situations are there where it's a huge problem to Morph as a full round action rather than as a Free action?). That should be a Drawback.

It appears there's been a typo in Icarus's sheet, then. I see the same thing that you do - the Defense should be 10 with the numbers in Combat and Feats. My goal is to reduce the number of ranks in Dodge Focus, and I'll keep going on that.

Defense is currently 14 before Dodge Focus and 20 after. The maximum it can be at is 19, based on tradeoffs.

Reduce Dodge Focus by 2, and spend 2 power points to increase Defense by 2. This makes Defense 16 before Dodge Focus and 20 after. Then reduce Dodge Focus by 2 more, increasing Defense by 1. This makes Defense 17 before Dodge Focus and 19 after. It also means that his flat-footed defense is now 14 (and I don't feel like a bum for having such a high rank of Dodge Focus). Next month, I can do something more interesting, like skills and Charisma!

So, reduce Dodge Focus feats by 4 (from 6 to to 2) and increase Base Defense Bonus by 3 (from 4 to 7).

Done.

I noticed that Lullabys Emotion Control isn't based on her singing.

Can I add the flaw: Sense Dependant (Hearing) Onto emotion control. With the spare power point from this transaction, can I have Enhanced Feat: Attractive? (I think its Enhance feat, I don't possess ULTIMATE POWER)

It already sorta is, since it's an Area thing. Both Area effects and Sense-Dependent effects allow for a Reflex save to avoid/reduce the effect. For Area things, this is typically "leaping out of the way," for Sense-Dependent things this is typically "last-minute covering the eyes/ears/whatever", but in this case the two could certainly be 'mixed'. Plus, Sense-Dependent can only be added to Perception-range effects.

Also, looking back over it, it appears the build for her Emotion Control is off a bit: it costs 1pp, not 3. Emotion Control is 2pp/rank (for a base range of Perception), you've added 1 Extra Area) and 3 Flaws (Limited to one emotion, and Range 2/Touch), so that works out to 2 ranks per 1pp.

The Area is also off, Burst is in 5-ft. units, not 10, so Burst Area Emotion Control 2 would affect a 10-ft. radius burst.

For 3pp, she could have

Emotion Control 6 (Extra: 30-ft. Burst Area; Flaws: Only Love, Range 2/Touch) [3pp]

or

Emotion Control 3 (Extra: 15-ft. Burst Area; Flaws: Only Love, Sense-Dependent [Hearing]) [3pp]

Also, please place a link to Lullaby' char sheet in your .sig. It helps the Refs ;)

1) The Triggered PF on his Spatial Control: what's the trigger? With Triggered taken once, you just have one trigger, Triggered 2 lets you change the trigger on a case-by-case basis.

2) Reducing the Action required for Morph isn't really a Flaw, since it's barely a hindrance (how many situations are there where it's a huge problem to Morph as a full round action rather than as a Free action?). That should be a Drawback.

Right, one at a time.

1: The Trigger is him loosing consciousness (i.e unconscious or dying, pretty much the same as with Mongrel Angel. If he falls his body is whisked away to his home (or as damned near as it can manage without putting it in a lethal environment)).

2: Before I throw up a to you more acceptable version of the power I need to know how large of a Drawback it would be. Once I know that I can trim and squeeze to make it fit expectations.

Oh, and one more thing.

I am afraid my eyes deceive me for I can spot no change done here.

1: The Trigger is him loosing consciousness (i.e unconscious or dying, pretty much the same as with Mongrel Angel. If he falls his body is whisked away to his home (or as damned near as it can manage without putting it in a lethal environment)).

Okay, but be aware that for Exile, that trick's not going to work if he's currently using some other ability in his Array (like his Deflect) at the moment he's KO'd.

Also, where are their homes? Riverside, Bayview, where?

2: Before I throw up a to you more acceptable version of the power I need to know how large of a Drawback it would be. Once I know that I can trim and squeeze to make it fit expectations.

1 pp per Action increment. So reducing it to a Full round action would be a 3pp Drawback.

Same goes for Mongrel Angel, too. Though in her case, the cost actually works out exactly the same as it is now.

Oh, and one more thing.

I am afraid my eyes deceive me for I can spot no change done here.

Sorry, I must've hit Preview instead of Submit. She's now updated.

Putting in for an update for Raven; it's an Alternate Power for Magic

AP: Comprehend Languages 6 (Speak, understand, read, and write all languages; Tongue of the Raven; PF: Subtle 2; Duration: Sustained)

I think Subtle 2 is what I use to make sure no one can pick up on the power being used. Raven will use this for study as well as trying to get a job as a translator, so she'll need to use it in her secret identity, and so I want it to be undetectable.

Putting in for an update for Raven; it's an Alternate Power for Magic

AP: Comprehend Languages 6 (Speak, understand, read, and write all languages; Tongue of the Raven; PF: Subtle 2; Duration: Sustained)

I think Subtle 2 is what I use to make sure no one can pick up on the power being used. Raven will use this for study as well as trying to get a job as a translator, so she'll need to use it in her secret identity, and so I want it to be undetectable.

Updated.

Okay, but be aware that for Exile, that trick's not going to work if he's currently using some other ability in his Array (like his Deflect) at the moment he's KO'd.

Also, where are their homes? Riverside, Bayview, where?

Right, figured as much. It's how it'll have to be until I can scrounge up sufficient points.

And they live in Port Regal, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it somewhere.

1 pp per Action increment. So reducing it to a Full round action would be a 3pp Drawback.

Right.

Reduce Concentration to +9 [4 ranks +5 Wis]

Shift one point of Enhanced Constitution to ordinary Constitution

And slot in this instead of the old Morph 4

--Morph 2 (humanoids, +10 to Disguise) [Duration/Continuous [+1 Extra], Action: Full [3pp Drawback] (3)

Right, figured as much. It's how it'll have to be until I can scrounge up sufficient points.

And they live in Port Regal, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it somewhere.

Right.

Reduce Concentration to +9 [4 ranks +5 Wis]

Shift one point of Enhanced Constitution to ordinary Constitution

And slot in this instead of the old Morph 4

--Morph 2 (humanoids, +10 to Disguise) [Duration/Continuous [+1 Extra], Action: Full [3pp Drawback] (3)

Updated.

I'll spend one of Red Star's points to get a rank in the Attractive feat.

Explanation: Now that Red Star is more familiar with his powers and their use, he has begun to develop an air of self confidence and a bit of a swagger in his step, which many find attractive.

I'll wait to spend the other points for Red Star and Malice until I see how their threads turn out.

Updated. With a +20 bonus to Acrobatics, you can "take 1" to succeed on the Acrobatics roll to stand up as a free action. In light of that, do you want to re-spend the power point that is currently spent on Instant Up?

Sorry about the delay in replying, but was considering what I wanted to do with that freed up PP. I will take it and apply it to Velocity's base Dexterity. This will make her Dex an even number and bump up all her Dex based skills and her Reflex save.

I would like to add the subtle feat to Dashel's "lucky Day" container. It's something it should have had when I created him. woops!

He does not need Subtle on his Container. The Container is as noticeable as the powers which it contains. All of those powers are passive effects, so they can't be noticed except by appropriate Super-Senses (though their effects can be deduced with normal senses, given enough evidence).

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to make some edits to The Ghost as well as spend his 4pps.

First off, I'd like to change his feat section.

Remove Attack Focus 2 [Melee +1, Range +1] and with those two points buy up his BAB from +1 to +2. After the changes, it should look like this:

Combat: 8pps

BAB: +2

Grapple: +2

BDB: +6 (+1 flat-footed)

Knockback: -3, -0 without Force Field

Initiative: +1

Feats: 5pp

Dodge Bonus 4

Equipment [Lock picking tools, Smoke grenade]

Next, I'd like to spend 2pps to increase his Con from 12 (+1) to 14(+2). The increase is due to his recent workout at the Arena. This will change his saves as well. After the changes it should look like this:

Stats: 12pps

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 12 (+1)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Saves: 8pps

Toughness: +7 (+2 without Force Field)

Fortitude: +4 (+2 Con, +2)

Reflex: +4 (+1 Dex,+3)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

The remaining 2pps I'd like to spend in his skills giving him 8 ranks. 4 ranks go into Computer while 4 ranks go into Knowledge: Technology. This is due to classes he took at H.I.T. in preparation for his job for Maximus Grey. After the changes, his skills should look like this:

Skills: 88r=22pp

Bluff 4 (+4)

Computers 9 (+11)

Concentration 3 (+4)

Disable Device 12 (+14)

K: Art 3 (+5)

K: Current events 2 (+4)

K: Pop Culture 2 (+4)

K: Streetwise 3 (+5)

K: Technology 9 (+11)

Notice 12 (+13)

Search 12 (+14)

Sleight of Hand 5 (+6)

Stealth 12 (+13)

With all these changes, his totals should be as follows:

Costs: Abilities (12) + Combat (08) + Saves (08) + Skills (22) + Feats (05) + Powers (54) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 109

Thank you.