Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be 8 points.

And you've still not given much explanation for it. How does getting mad (even basic Road Rage mad) make her able to punch a lot harder (yet the seemingly physical attack is completely unrelated to her physical strength, since it's not Mighty) and a lot more accurately (leaping from "Completely Untrained in Any Form of Combat" of +0 attack to "Somewhere Between Police Officer and Soldier" of +4 attack)?

The idea is that Lullaby, as she becomes attached to Gabriellor more often, unlocks the "Amazonian Fury."

Basically, when she drives herself to distress and grief, she can summon upon unknown reserves of bottled down anger and the power of her ancestors to guide an attack of deadly proportions. However, Gabriellor tells her this attack is NOT to be overused.

Hmm

Feat: Rage

Attack Specialization 2 (Amazonian Claw)

Strike 3?

Strike 2 (PF: Mighty) would be better.

And Attack Focus (melee), since that way she can use her "guiding Amazonian spirits" for Grapple checks, both making them and breaking out of them.

And all that being said, where is this Amazon stuff coming from? There's absolutely nothing in Lullaby's background indicating any Amazon influence or links (or anything about her ancestors), and certainly nothing related to combat. (And the Zatanna-inspired outfit -- which, strictly speaking, is not a dress -- isn't something Amazons would wear, they'd want their arms completely free.)

Of course I've seen her profile, that's how I know there's nothing at all about Amazons in her history. (Has she made an mention of Amazons herself in any of IC threads?)

With the powers she has now -- specifically, that 60-ft. Cone Area Blast -- she can quite easily thrash schoolyards full of children, were she so inclined. Heck, with her +0 Str, her punch is a DC 15; a kid with a +0 Tougnhess save will be getting a 10 on average, resulting in a bruise & a stun. ;)

The Mighty PF would most definitely not be a waste when coupled with the Rage feat, which increases your Strength.

I'd like to spend a few of Malice's points to flush out the businessman side of him, as it seems that going be important in the future.

I'll spend his 3 points on feats:

Contacts

Connected

Benefit 1 (Darts Inc. Head Researcher)

These feats are essentially things that I've "always had". The Benefit is essentially access to high tech labs and materials not normally available.

And I'm aware I won't get that much mileage out of them as I am now, but I plan on boosting Diplomacy, and actually getting a Gather Info in the near future.

Done

I'd like to spend a few of Malice's points to flush out the businessman side of him, as it seems that going be important in the future.

I'll spend his 3 points on feats:

Contacts

Connected

Benefit 1 (Darts Inc. Head Researcher)

These feats are essentially things that I've "always had". The Benefit is essentially access to high tech labs and materials not normally available.

And I'm aware I won't get that much mileage out of them as I am now, but I plan on boosting Diplomacy, and actually getting a Gather Info in the near future.

Updated by Doc.

I'd like to dump all 3 of Scarab's earned PP into her power array, bringing the total cost from 29PP to 32PP. This will change the powers as follows:

:arrow: Telekinesis: Add the Improved Pin feat for 1PP. The other 2PP are currently "wasted."

:arrow: Telepathy: Promote to the "main power" of the array. Increase the Mental Communication effect from rank 6 to rank 9, for 3PP.

:arrow: Concealment/Telepathy: Increase the Mental Communication effect from rank 1 to rank 4, for 3PP.

:arrow: ESP/Telepathy: Increase the ESP effect from rank 6 to rank 7, for 2PP. Increase the Rapid feat from rank 2 to rank 3, for 1PP. Reconfigure the Mental Communication effect from rank 6 (standard action) to rank 8 (full action); this does not change the cost.

:arrow: Mental Blast: Increase the power rank from 9 to 10, for 3PP.

:arrow: Mind Control: Increase the power rank from 9 to 10, for 3PP.

:arrow: Stun: Increase the power rank from 9 to 10, for 3PP.

:arrow: Transform: Increase the power rank from 9 to 10, for 3PP.

And a little something for myself/ Or, rather, for Belphegor.

First, I'd like to increase the intensity of his Vulnerability to holy attacks from minor to moderate (+50% or x1.5 modifier). As his demonic power grows (see below), the demon-ness in him grows, and so he reacts more violently to holy attacks. (Seeing himself be seriously injured by several holy attacks -- including being almost beheaded by an angel! -- during a training session has also made him far more wary of holy assaults.) His human 'skin,' though, does still protect him from 'environmental' holy attacks (i.e., he can set foot on holy ground, even in demonic form, and be no worse for wear). This will bring him to 7pp in drawbacks, the max for his PL.

This extra point, plus the 7 he's got saved up, leaves him with 8 to spend.

1 point each on his Fortitude, Reflex, and Will save (3 total).

2 to increase his Demonic Powers array to 6 to 7 ranks. This will make it look as so:

Demonic Powers 7 (PFs: 3 APs) [17pp]

BE: Hellfire Control 7 (Hellfire Bolt)

AP: Create Object 1 (Extras: Independent, Total Fade [lasts for 2 rounds]; PFs: Precise, Slow Fade 8/1 week [objects fade after 2 weeks], Subtle) (Object of Desire)

AP: Emotion Control 7 (Dark Passions)

AP: Impervious Toughness 7 (note: Sustained Active effect) and Penetrating Strength 5 (PFs: Incurable, Takedown Attack) (Internal Infernal Combustion)

2 to increase his Enhanced Attack from 4 to 5.

1 to increase his Protection by one rank, to Protection 2.

Leaving 0 unspent.

This would change certain other stats as so:

Attack: +7 (+2 as Terhune)

Grapple: to +12 (+2 as Terhune)

Knockback: -3, -7 "charged" (+0 as Terhune)

Toughness +7 (+7, Imp 7 "charged") (+0 as Terhune)

Fort +9 (+4 as Terhune) [+5/+0 Con, +4]

Ref +3 (+1 as Terhune) [+2/+0 Dex, +1]

Will +5 [+1 Wis, +4]

Emotion Control --- Perception --- DC 17 Will (emotion control)

Hellfire (Blast) --- +7 ranged --- DC 22 Toughness (damage)

Unarmed Strike --- +7 melee --- DC 20 Toughness (damage)

Unarmed Strike, "Charged" -- +7 melee -- DC 20 Toughness (damage; Penetrating 5, Incurable)

Done by Sandman XI

Telepathy 10 (Effects: Communication 9 [Mental, 20,000 miles] + Comprehend 1 [Speak Any Language] + Mind Reading 10 [Extras: Action (Free/Full)], Feats: Alternate Power 7, Subtle)

39(32)PP

AP#1: Clairvoyant Telepathy 10 (Effects: Linked Communication 8 + Comprehend 1 + ESP 7 + Mind Reading 10, Feats: Subtle)

1(32)PP

Communication 8 (Mental, 2,000 miles, Flaws: Action 3 [Full])

2PP

Comprehend 1 (Speak Any Language)

2PP

ESP 7 (Visual/Audio Senses, 200 miles, Feats: Rapid 3 [x1,000], Extras: Duration [sustained], Flaws: Action 2 [Full])

17PP

Mind Reading 10

10PP

AP#2: Concealment 10 & Telepathy 4

1(32)PP

Not Linked. Just sharing an Array slot.

Concealment 10 (All Senses, Feats: Close Range, Progression [2 Subjects], Selective, Extras: Affects Others, Flaws: Phantasm)

23PP

Telepathy 4 (Effects: Linked Communication 4 [Mental, 1 mile] + Comprehend 1 [Speak Any Language] + Mind Reading 1 [Extras: Action (Free/Full)], Feats: Subtle)

9PP

AP#3: Mental Blast 10 (Effects: Damage, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

31PP

AP#4: Mind Control 10 (Feats: Mental Link, Subtle, Extras: Conscious, Instant Command, Flaws: Action [Full])

32PP

AP#5: Stun 10 (Feats: Sedation, Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

32PP

AP#6: Telekinesis 12 (Effects: Move Object, Feats: Accurate 2, Improved Pin, Indirect, Precise, Subtle)

30PP

AP#7: Transform 10 (Memory, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Duration [Continuous], Mental, Range [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

31PP

Done