Character Edits

Barnum

A few quick things with Exile for now, I'll get around to drafting a cosmetic (i.e non-statistical) overhaul of him someday but for now just purchasing a few things.

First; Variable Descriptor 2 [Any Magic] to his Sorcerous Mastery array, and thus every power therein.

Second; Well Informed

And since I do have a bonus pp gathering dust since November I'll spend that on the following.

Third; 4 more ranks of Gather Information leading to this Gather Information +14 [12 ranks +2 Cha]

Any chance of at least getting a comment on this?

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to make a quick edit to the captain:

please change his attack/DC tradeoff from +2/-2 to +3/-3

please remove the Strike 1 PF: Mighty from his list of powers [-2pp]

Please remove the contacts feat [-1pp]

Please increase Attack Focus (Melee) 4 to a 5 [1pp]

Please add Super Strength 1 [2pp] to his list of powers

Also, is there any way i can add Trouble seeker as a drawaback?

Done by MBCE

Also, is there any way i can add Trouble seeker as a drawaback?

Considering how your character is described, that skews a little too closely into getting hp for doing the stuff your character does anyway territory. He's a flamboyant supervillain, seeking trouble is basically his business.

So...It's been a month and I haven't spent my experience points (swiss cheese brain). I got 5...

I'd like to:

Increase Will save to +11 (1pp) (a total of +11)

Increase Protection (Impervious) to +8 (4pp) (a total of +12, 8 being impervious)

Brings his tradeoffs to -2 / +2 for both attack and defense I believe.

Done by MBCE

So...It's been a month and I haven't spent my experience points (swiss cheese brain). I got 5...

I'd like to:

Increase Protection (Impervious) to +8 (4pp) (a total of +12, 8 being impervious)

Why the change in trade-offs? That is a massive point that needs reasoning behind it. To go from No trade-offs to suddenly I take more damage but can't get out of the way quickly.

And the rade off would be + toughness/ -Defense, not attacks.

It is? didn't think it was that massive... His dodge was an 8 before. Just increasing his toughness to max.

The idea behind the char is he's very "physically" tough since he's all energy/living gravity well by not quick/agile/combat trained. Hence leaving his Shield/Dodge maxed at 8.

But if that isn't acceptable, I'm happy to change it. Certainly have tons of things I could use the points on! ;)

okay so removing the question about the trouble seeker thing that mark had a problem with, i still need the following things changed for the captain

the change in the strike power is basically due to the fact that he is learning more on his own punching power and not that of his discharging electricity.

the super strength upgrade is necessary because he is the worlds best weight lifter. it just seems pretty appropriate.

and i am removing contacts, because to be honest, he doesn't ever use it. at character creation i had some extra points and i stuck that in there thinking it may come in handy, but after playing the character i am feeling as though its less and less appropriate as time goes on.

It is? didn't think it was that massive... His dodge was an 8 before. Just increasing his toughness to max.

The idea behind the char is he's very "physically" tough since he's all energy/living gravity well by not quick/agile/combat trained. Hence leaving his Shield/Dodge maxed at 8.

But if that isn't acceptable, I'm happy to change it. Certainly have tons of things I could use the points on! ;)

If it is a change that you feel is important for the character, then by all means stick by it. Teh problem I'm seeing is you're going from no trade off, to a 2pt trade off, without an IC reasoning. I'll run it by the other Refs and see how we stand on changing trade-offs after character creation. Whether they can be done, off camera or need to be [ion camera. Will get back to you ASAP.

okay so removing the question about the trouble seeker thing that mark had a problem with, i still need the following things changed for the captain

See my above post why this may take some time. I'll get back to it ASAP. :point:

i would be more than willing to go and make a number of news posts reflecting the training that would need to be involved in this edit :)

the change i am asking for requires me to maybe have someone tinker with the adrenaline cannon mounted on his arm so that it didn't spark every time it was used to deliver concussive force, as well as maybe a few hours training in with a speed bag or something to reflect how he is working on making his punches more accurate. that sort of thing. this may cover the IC requirement. what do you think?

also, in light of my recent campaign discussion post, i would like you to add something to his list of complications

*Insane (Truly believes his viewpoints regarding meta humans and their place in society are in the right)

Done by MBCE

I'd like to:

Okay, changing the trade off is fine, but please put a post in your news thread as to why the change. A small post is sufficent.

Done by MBCE

the change in the strike power is basically due to the fact that he is learning more on his own punching power and not that of his discharging electricity.

the super strength upgrade is necessary because he is the worlds best weight lifter. it just seems pretty appropriate.

and i am removing contacts, because to be honest, he doesn't ever use it. at character creation i had some extra points and i stuck that in there thinking it may come in handy, but after playing the character i am feeling as though its less and less appropriate as time goes on.

i would be more than willing to go and make a number of news posts reflecting the training that would need to be involved in this edit :)

the change i am asking for requires me to maybe have someone tinker with the adrenaline cannon mounted on his arm so that it didn't spark every time it was used to deliver concussive force, as well as maybe a few hours training in with a speed bag or something to reflect how he is working on making his punches more accurate. that sort of thing. this may cover the IC requirement. what do you think?

also, in light of my recent campaign discussion post, i would like you to add something to his list of complications

*Insane (Truly believes his viewpoints regarding meta humans and their place in society are in the right)

Please make sure to show the workouts in the news forum thread.

Done by MBCE

just another quick thing... with regards to the new change in super strength,

Grapple: +22

not sure if i missed anything else...

Grapple is +21 [Attack 13 + Str 7+ Super str 1= 21].

Let me know if you catch anything else.

Done by MBCE

6 tasty unspent points for Doc

5 will go to skills. Mostly Interaction skills, since he's been doing a lot of Interacting lately.

+3 ranks each in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences).

+4 ranks in Sense Motive.

+7 ranks in Perform (Oratory).

Bluff 5 (+5, +9 w/ Attractive; +10/+14 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Diplomacy 5 (+5, +9 w/ Attractive; +10/+14 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 5 (+10, +16 at HQ or with E.S.; +15/+21 w/ Enhanced Int)

Perform (Oratory) 7 (+7; +12 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Sense Motive 5 (+10; +15 w/ Enhanced Wis)

1 will go to feats. Specifically, Fascinate (Perform [Oratory]). He can now truly daze people with his technobabble!

2 tasty unspent points for Belphegor.

1 point to add an AP to his Demonic Powers array.

AP: Enhanced Feats 4 (Attractive 2 [+8 Bluff & Diplomacy], Fascinate 2 [bluff and Diplomacy]) plus Enhanced Skills 8 (Gather Information +8) plus Morph 6 (Jos Terhune, +30 Disguise; Extra: Duration/Continuous) plus Mind Shield 8 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“The [infernally Idealized] Form He Knows Best”)

The other point will go to 4 ranks in Knowledge (Arcane Lore), for a +5 modifier total. It's stuff he picked up while in Hell.

I would like to rework Avenger's powers slightly this month, having had some time to test them out in play.

Powers: [3 pp, see below]

Protection 8 (Impervious) [impervious not vs. blessed/silver/magic] [this costs 12 pp with the flawed extra, and requires 2 pp with the points already there]

Drain Con 4 [Requires Grapple] [this costs 2 pp with the flaw, and costs 1 pp with the points already there]

Skills: [1 pp]

1 rank of Stealth to make it 16 (+21)

3 ranks of Intimidate to make it 13 (+15)

Feats: [1 pp]

Stunning Attack

The following edits are for Captain Knievel.

Top of the Sheet PL10 --> PL11 (yay!)

Start by editing his current abilities. there are a few things the captain just isn't using. these abilities should fade away i think.

From Feats:

Remove 1 rank of Takedown attack [-1pp] (the captain has not been fighting too many mooks lately)

Remove leadership [-1pp] (In light of the captain's new complication [insanity] he probably is not going to use this too much anymore.)

From Skills:

Remove 4 ranks of Diplomacy [-1pp] (also having to due to his complications. he just isn't going to need this anymore.)

Now, things to add: (with currently 9pp)

I would like to buy speed up to rank 2 [1pp]

Increase Device 1 to Device 3 [8pp]

Please edit the Adrenaline Cannon to include the following:

The Captain has found someone who has agreed to do some work on his Adrenaline Cannon. But who could it be??? ;)

[additional 10pp to spend] [15pp]

Strike 10

PF: Affects Insubstantial [1pp]

Extras: 100-ft. Line Area

Flaws: Distracting

AP Strike 8 PF: Variable Descriptor 2, Extended Reach 1[1pp]

AP Strike 5 Extras: Alt Save (Fort) PF: Extended Reach 1 [1pp]

AP Drain (Con) 8 PF: Extended Reach 3 [1pp]

AP Snare 8 Flaws: Touch Range PF: Extended Reach 3 [1pp]

Please note that I have removed the Flaw: Full round action from the main power on the device.

- The ammunition has been changed, the device no longer takes as long to charge up.

Affects insubstantial

- The ammunition has been changed... it now affects more things!

Strike 8 PF: Variable Descriptor 2, Extended Range 1

- The device now contains quick charge ammunition allowing The Captain to throw punches of different types (i.e. fire punches and and electric punches etc.)

Strike 5 Extras: Alt Save (Fort) PF: Extended Reach 1

- The device now contains a set of ammunition that allows it to project short range blasts of force that specialize in hitting the pressure points of the user's foes

Drain (Con) 8 PF: Extended Reach 3

- The device now contains a set of cables that can shoot out of The Captain's arm out to a short range and attach to their target. The cables can drain away a subject's resilience.

Snare 8 Flaws: Touch Range PF: Extended Reach 3

- The device now contains a set of ammunition that allows it to shoot out compact and high density metal bands that wrap around a target, constricting it.

total pp spent: 9

THANKS!

I'm going to spend all of Malice's unspent points (5). WARNING: Wall of Text.

I'll spend a point to buy 2 ranks in Notice and 2 ranks in Search. After the abyssmal performance in Welcome to a Modern World, Malice has been running programs that improve his ability to pick up on details.

Updated skills section:

Skills: 76r = 19 PP

Bluff 6 (+8)

Computers 8 (+14)

Craft (electronics) 8 (+14)

Craft (mechanical) 8 (+14)

Diplomacy 5 (+7)

Disable Device 5 (+11)

Knowledge (business) 5 (+11)

Knowledge (civics) 5 (+11)

Knowledge (technology) 8 (+14)

Medicine 3 (+4)

Notice 5 (+6)

Search 2 (+8)

Sense Motive 8 (+9)

I'll spend 4 points to buy another rank in device.

With those points, I'll bump up the Weapons Array to rank 18. Increase Enhanced Strength by 1, and Super strength by 1 {3}. The points will filter through the array, bumping the other attacks up 1 rank. I'll then buy 1 AP for the array:

Paralyze 12 Extras: Alternative Save Fort (+0), Range - Ranged

:arrow: Decription - A sonic pulse at a certain frequency wreaks havoc on the body's internal systems.

Furthermore, I'd like to buy an AP off Flight:

* AP: Impervious 6; Immovable 2 Extras: Unstoppable

Updated Powers section:

Powers: 76 PP

Device 18 (The Mantle of Freedom; 95 points, Hard to Lose) [76pp]

Device:

The Mantle of Freedom

Communication 4 (radio) {4}

Enhanced Constitution 10 {10}

Flight 5 {10}

* AP: Impervious 6; Immovable 2 Extras: Unstoppable {1}

Immunity 9 (life support) {9}

Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 8) {16}

Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) {6}

Weapons Array 18 (36 point powers; PFs: 3 Alternate Powers) {39}

* BE: Enhanced Strength 28 and Super-Strength 4 (effective Str 58; Lt Load 12.8 tons, Med Load 25.6 tons, Hvy Load 38.4 tons) – Righteous Riot

* AP: Blast 12 (Extra: Auto-fire) – The 2nd Amendment

* AP: Blast 11 (Extras: Targeted 9- 5ft square cubes Shapeable Area, PFs: Indirect x3) – Liberation Cannon

* AP: Paralyze 12 Extras: Alternative Save Fort (+0), Range - Ranged - Shock and Awe

:arrow: Upgrading the weapons array is just standard stuff. I got the idea for the Flight AP from StarCraft 2 honestly. There's a terran flying unit, that can change into a ground unit. Either Malice can fly all about doing whatever, or he hunker down into gun turret mode.

Thank you.

I'm going to spend all of Malice's unspent points (5). WARNING: Wall of Text.

I'll spend a point to buy 2 ranks in Notice and 2 ranks in Search. After the abyssmal performance in Welcome to a Modern World, Malice has been running programs that improve his ability to pick up on details.

Wouldn't that be more an Enhanced Skills thing from his suit?