Character Edits

Barnum

just a quick edit to the description for captain knievel's adrenaline cannon. there is no rules change in this edit, but i would like it to be in there anyway for roleplaying purposes.

"The Adrenaline Cannon Mark 2 includes hydraulic tubing that runs from the gauntlet on Captain Knievel's right arm to the armor on his back. From his armor, the tubes stretch down the sides of his legs and open up at his boots. These tubes allow Captain Knievel to project the special attacks generated by his Adrenaline Cannon from his feet as well as his right arm. This allows him to deliver flaming kicks, etc..."

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I have a concern about some of Captain Knievel's setting for his improved toy:

The Drain Con and Snare -- the two with Extended Reach 3 -- look like you're trying to get a ranged effect that still benefits from his five ranks in Attack Focus (melee). Which smells a bit cheezy.

Talked to you about the strike in AJAX. hows this for the snare:

change it to:

Elongation 11 Flaws: Limited to grpple; Extras: Projection

also, restated from my previous post, can you just throw this section into the description of my character please?

"The Adrenaline Cannon Mark 2 includes hydraulic tubing that runs from the gauntlet on Captain Knievel's right arm to the armor on his back. From his armor, the tubes stretch down the sides of his legs and open up at his boots. These tubes allow Captain Knievel to project the special attacks generated by his Adrenaline Cannon from his feet as well as his right arm. This allows him to deliver flaming kicks, etc..."

yea thats probably a little unrealistic. how about i just forget the flaws... and i just change it to

Elongation 5 Extras: Projection PF: Improved Grab

That is alot less cable :D I think it measures out at like 250ft. I can also include a section in the above description that says he stores the extra ammunition for the special shells/attacks, and extra cabling in a section at the back of his armor. then can fire them out of the tubes in the afformention description section. does that work?

yea thats probably a little unrealistic. how about i just forget the flaws... and i just change it to

Elongation 5 Extras: Projection PF: Improved Grab

That is alot less cable :D I think it measures out at like 250ft. I can also include a section in the above description that says he stores the extra ammunition for the special shells/attacks, and extra cabling in a section at the back of his armor. then can fire them out of the tubes in the afformention description section. does that work?

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Updated by Doc.

6 tasty unspent points for Doc

5 will go to skills. Mostly Interaction skills, since he's been doing a lot of Interacting lately.

+3 ranks each in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences).

+4 ranks in Sense Motive.

+7 ranks in Perform (Oratory).

Bluff 5 (+5, +9 w/ Attractive; +10/+14 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Diplomacy 5 (+5, +9 w/ Attractive; +10/+14 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 5 (+10, +16 at HQ or with E.S.; +15/+21 w/ Enhanced Int)

Perform (Oratory) 7 (+7; +12 w/ Enhanced Cha)

Sense Motive 5 (+10; +15 w/ Enhanced Wis)

1 will go to feats. Specifically, Fascinate (Perform [Oratory]). He can now truly daze people with his technobabble!

Updated.

2 tasty unspent points for Belphegor.

1 point to add an AP to his Demonic Powers array.

AP: Enhanced Feats 4 (Attractive 2 [+8 Bluff & Diplomacy], Fascinate 2 [bluff and Diplomacy]) plus Enhanced Skills 8 (Gather Information +8) plus Morph 6 (Jos Terhune, +30 Disguise; Extra: Duration/Continuous) plus Mind Shield 8 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“The [infernally Idealized] Form He Knows Bestâ€Â)

The other point will go to 4 ranks in Knowledge (Arcane Lore), for a +5 modifier total. It's stuff he picked up while in Hell.

To clarify, this is intentionally similar to the other power which does this, only with a sustained morph any humanoid?

To clarify, this is intentionally similar to the other power which does this, only with a sustained morph any humanoid?

Yes. The existing Morph is "Any humanoid, Sustained duration," so if he's using it but is stunned or KO'd, he reverts back to demonic form.

This is "one form, Continuous duration," so if he's using it and is stunned or KO'd, he'll retain his Jos Terhune form.

Actually, scratch that. I'll instead go with

AP: Morph 6 (any humanoid, +30 Disguise; Extra: Duration/Continuous) plus Mind Shield 8 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“Less Flashy, but Longer-Lasting, Form-Altering”)

That way, he can take any humanoid form with either Morph, but the ones that look really nice -- the ones with the Enhanced Feats and Skills -- require a modicum of concentration.

The aforementioned House Rule for Impervious has been put into effect:

11. You may not have more rank in Impervious Toughness than your PL, even if you have a +Toughness for -Defense trade-off. This has been done in order to keep characters slightly more in-line with the canon NPCs from the Freedom City books; only six characters from the core setting book and four from Freedom's Most Wanted have more than 10 ranks of Impervious, and of those the 'weakest' one is PL 13.

Shoot... should have done this with Sand's earlier edits, but I wasn't thinking about it. With the adoption of an actual costume, the following paragraph beneath Hellbound's description should probably be changed from:

This leads him to work his adventures in civilian attire, and since he does most of his shopping at thrift stores those clothes are hardly the height of fashion. He can be looked at as a scruffy sort of hero with attire that might be more appropriate on low-level flunkies and gang members, but he's not here to look pretty. As long as the job gets done then he doesn't much mind what people think of his appearance.

To:

This leads him to avoid the stereotypical spadex-clad look so popular with heroes throughout the ages. Hellbound has recently been granted a pair of artificial, darkly angelic wings which are attached to a vest made of deep-red metallic scales. He's incoporated this device into a costume of sorts. A motorcycle jacket of black leather with red detailing along the sleeves along with a matched pair of leather pants goes over the winged vest, giving him a more professional appearance even if he's still not wearing his shorts on the outside of his tights.

'Sorry about that.

After the ruling my the refs about Impervious, here is the updated request of what I would like to spend Malice's points on. It's mostly verbatum what I asked for last time, but I'm reposting the entire thing so they don't have to dig through the thread to find where I posted it last.

I'll spend a point to buy 2 ranks in Notice and 2 ranks in Search. After the abyssmal performance in Welcome to a Modern World, Malice has been running programs that improve his ability to pick up on details.

Updated skills section:

Skills: 76r = 19 PP

Bluff 6 (+8)

Computers 8 (+14)

Craft (electronics) 8 (+14)

Craft (mechanical) 8 (+14)

Diplomacy 5 (+7)

Disable Device 5 (+11)

Knowledge (business) 5 (+11)

Knowledge (civics) 5 (+11)

Knowledge (technology) 8 (+14)

Medicine 3 (+4)

Notice 5 (+6)

Search 2 (+8)

Sense Motive 8 (+9)

I'll spend 4 points to buy another rank in device.

With those points, I'll bump up the Weapons Array to rank 18. Increase Enhanced Strength by 1 (Making his Str 38), and Super strength by 1 {3}. The points will filter through the array, bumping the other attacks up 1 rank. I'll then buy 1 AP for the array:

Paralyze 12 Extras: Alternative Save Fort (+0), Range - Ranged

:arrow: Decription - A sonic pulse at a certain frequency wreaks havoc on the body's internal systems.

Furthermore, I'd like to buy an AP off Flight:

* AP: Impervious 3; Immunity 2 (Critical Hits); Immovable 3; Super-Strength 1

Updated Powers section:

Powers: 76 PP

Device 18 (The Mantle of Freedom; 95 points, Hard to Lose) [76pp]

Device:

The Mantle of Freedom

Communication 4 (radio) {4}

Enhanced Constitution 10 {10}

Flight 5 {10}

* AP: Impervious 3; Immunity 2 (Critical Hits); Immovable 3; Super-Strength 1 {1}

Immunity 9 (life support) {9}

Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 8) {16}

Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) {6}

Weapons Array 18 (36 point powers; PFs: 3 Alternate Powers) {39}

* BE: Enhanced Strength 28 and Super-Strength 4 (effective Str 58; Lt Load 12.8 tons, Med Load 25.6 tons, Hvy Load 38.4 tons) – Righteous Riot

* AP: Blast 12 (Extra: Auto-fire) – The 2nd Amendment

* AP: Blast 11 (Extras: Targeted 9- 5ft square cubes Shapeable Area, PFs: Indirect x3) – Liberation Cannon

* AP: Paralyze 12 Extras: Alternative Save Fort (+0), Range - Ranged - Shock and Awe

:arrow: Upgrading the weapons array is just standard stuff. I got the idea for the Flight AP from StarCraft 2 honestly. There's a terran flying unit, that can change into a ground unit. Either Malice can fly all about doing whatever, or he hunker down into gun turret mode.

Also, I would like to throw this description of Malice's arrays somewhere on his sheet for desciptor purposes, in case it every becomes important.

Explanation of Malice's Arrays

Flight Array: In order to maximize ariel velocity, a significant portion of the external armor for the Mantle of Freedom must be compartamentalized. When maintaining Flight is no longer an issue, a mild transformation occurs and the rest of the armor "folds out". This also leads to increased stability, as the weight distribution becomes more equalized. It also has the side effect of adding a bit more leverage, making it easier to lift heavier objects.

Weapons Array:

Righteous Riot - Hit things, possibly with fists.

2nd Amendment - Mini-gun, American made of course.

Liberation Cannon - Mini-sideswinder missle barrage

Shock and Awe - Sonic pulse that messes with biometrics.

Due to that shiny new house rule we got, I believe I need to make some edits to Reaver. His absorption is 9, his PL is 6.

Here are the goods.

Absorption (Both Types) 6 Healing [30 pp; Alternate powers 1; total cost 31pp]

- AP: Absorption (Both Types) 6: Boost Flight [1pp]

That frees up a ton of points in the suit. [15pp]

With that I will buy:

Enhanced Constitution 6 [6pp]

to get his toughness save back up there. (9pp left)

Flight 1 --> Flight 2 [2pp]

Enhanced Feats

-- Power Attack [1pp]

-- Acrobatic Bluff [1pp]

There is now 5pp left in the suit... I will take the extra pp and move them out of the suit, decreasing the Device rank to 18

This frees up 4pp out of the suit:

Increase Charisma by 2 to 12 [2pp]

Increase Strength by 2 to 12 [2pp]

In light of the recent house rule changes, Divine must drop 3 ranks of Impervious Toughness. I would also like to drop Create Object. This will give me 13 points.

I would like to buy 2 ranks of Magical Mastery and rename it Godly Powers. That is 12 points.

I would also like to buy 1 rank of Luck

I would like to buy 2 ranks of Magical Mastery and rename it Godly Powers. That is 12 points.

I'm really not sure that's appropriate for her. Isn't she still sorta learning to use the powers her parents (Dad's strength/toughness, Mom's charms) granted her? Taking Magical Mastery means she's not only got those well under control, but a fairly good handle on the powers of every other god in the Greek pantheon; what she'd lack in raw power she'd more than make up for in versatility.

The Create Object power she has now is supposed to be something to show she has Godly Powers. As a fledgling goddess, she does have a little bit of control over her abilities (not mind-blowing earth-shattering power, just a little). That said, this is not her drawing power from the Greek Pantheon, this is her being herself.

The Create Object power she has now is supposed to be something to show she has Godly Powers. As a fledgling goddess, she does have a little bit of control over her abilities (not mind-blowing earth-shattering power, just a little). That said, this is not her drawing power from the Greek Pantheon, this is her being herself.

I'd say that's a slightly worse reason: IMO the only reason she should have Magical Mastery/Godly Powers that are her own abilities is if she's the daughter of and next in line to take the throne of Zeus. Ares and Aphrodite have limits on what they can do, and as their daughter who's only been practicing with her abilities for a couple of years Divine should be even more limited.

Or, to put it another way: look at Hades and Baron Samedi (or ask to borrow someone's Freedom City book so you can look at their stats). They're gods, and fairly important ones in their pantheons, and they can do far more than most any mortal could dream. But neither one has a Variable Power, because their portfolios -- the things they embody and encompass, that they have dominion over -- aren't so big that they could or should do anything they want. The same is true for Divine, moreso since she doesn't have a portfolio, isn't yet a true goddess.

I talked to you about this last night, but it'd be good to put it in writing :D I was thinking of limiting it to just powers Ares and Aprodite would have. And you're right, she doesnt have her own portfolio, so she'd have to draw it from them. Does this work?

If it's just stuff Areas & Aphrodite could (routinely) do, you don't need a VP for that. That's perfectly do-able in an Array, or even some non-Arrayed powers (like Combat and Interaction skill-based feats). I PMed you some suggestions. I'm PMing you a few more.

Big editting to Arrowhawk. He has 3 pp to spend.

Saves: Reflex Save +1 (1 pp)

Fortitude +6 (+3 Con, +3)

Reflex +9 (+5 Dex, +4)

He successfuly dodged a massive necromantic blast in Low Places, so he got a bit more dodgy. Also, Fort save had a typo in it.

Skills 160r=40pp

-6 ranks in Diplomacy

-5 ranks in Survival

+1 rank in Intimidate, Knowledge: Streetwise, Stealth

Net loss of 2 pp. Arrowhawk has never seemed diplomatic in his threads, and at time of design I thought tracking people down was Survival just as it is in D&D. However, he's becoming scarier, sneakier and more street-smart.

Intimidate 11 (+13)

Knowledge [streetwise] 13 (+15)

Stealth 16 (+21, Skill Mastery)

Feats 26 pp

Another net loss of 2 pp. I decided to remove Assessment and Favored Enemy, as neither are used and the latter breaks caps after my next change. I'd like to add Sneak Attack, as I like the idea of his opening shot being quite deadly (he's not likely to feint in combat, however). I'd also like to drop Ranged Pin. It's never been used, and the more I think of it the more it seems to me like a Hero Point usage rather than a regularly-used feat.

I'd like to spend his remaining 6 pp on a new bow array:

Device 6 (Bow and trick arrows, 30 points, Easy to Lose)

Devices: Bow & Arrows (30 points)

Snare 8 (Extras: Constricting, PFs: 6 Alternate Powers) 30 pp

AP: Blast 3 (PFs: Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing], 8 Alternate Powers)

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire; Flaws: Distracting; PFs: Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Penetrating 6; PFs: Improved Critical, Mighty 3)

AP: Fatigue 8 (Extras: Ranged)

AP: Nullify 8 (technology descriptor, all at once)

AP: Obscure 6 (visual, 250' radius, Extras: Independent)

I dropped Stun and Dazzle, again due to never being used. He has Luck for a reason, and the build is long overdue a streamline. I built him as a newb, y'know :P

Didn't want this getting lost.

I'll spend a point to buy 2 ranks in Notice and 2 ranks in Search.

I'll spend 4 points to buy another rank in device.

With those points, I'll bump up the Weapons Array to rank 18. Increase Enhanced Strength by 1 (Making his Str 38), and Super strength by 1 {3}. The points will filter through the array, bumping the other attacks up 1 rank. I'll then buy 1 AP for the array:

Paralyze 12 Extras: Alternative Save Fort (+0), Range - Ranged

Furthermore, I'd like to buy an AP off Flight:

* AP: Impervious 3; Immunity 2 (Critical Hits); Immovable 3; Super-Strength 1

Also, I would like to throw this description of Malice's arrays somewhere on his sheet for desciptor purposes, in case it every becomes important.

ditto on the above

Due to that shiny new house rule we got, I believe I need to make some edits to Reaver. His absorption is 9, his PL is 6.

Here are the goods.

Absorption (Both Types) 6 Healing [30 pp; Alternate powers 1; total cost 31pp]

- AP: Absorption (Both Types) 6: Boost Flight [1pp]

That frees up a ton of points in the suit. [15pp]

With that I will buy:

Enhanced Constitution 6 [6pp]

to get his toughness save back up there. (9pp left)

Flight 1 --> Flight 2 [2pp]

Enhanced Feats

-- Power Attack [1pp]

-- Acrobatic Bluff [1pp]

There is now 5pp left in the suit... I will take the extra pp and move them out of the suit, decreasing the Device rank to 18

This frees up 4pp out of the suit:

Increase Charisma by 2 to 12 [2pp]

Increase Strength by 2 to 12 [2pp]

I'd like to spend all 5PP The Scarab earned this month.

First, I'd like to increase her Enhanced Skills power by 12 ranks (3PP), bumping Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +4 each (to 8 each).

Then I'd like to purchase 4 ranks of non-Enhanced Skills for another 1PP, bumping Concentrate, Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +1 each.

The final Skill totals will look like this:

Concentrate 12 (+16)

Notice 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Search 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Sense Motive 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

The power will look like this:

Enhanced Skills 24 (Notice +8, Search +8, Sense Motive +8) [6PP]

A PL11 character can dump a maximum of 16 ranks in a Skill, which is what I've done here for Notice, Search, and Sense Motive. Each Skill has 8 "mundane" ranks and 8 "Enhanced" ranks.

Finally, I'd like to purchase the "Second Chance (Mind Reading)" feat, for 1PP, if the Refs agree this is a valid use of that feat. Normally, it's limited to saving throws against a certain type of hazard, or skills with a consequence for failure.

That brings the total expenditure to 5PP.

This will change total power points spent on Skills from 9PP (36 Ranks) to 10PP (40 Ranks), total points spent on Feats from 12PP to 13PP, and total power points spent on Powers from 85PP to 88PP.

The top of the sheet will read "Power Level: 11 (165/165PP)".

EDIT: If "Second Chance (Mind Reading)" isn't approved, I'd like to buy "Skill Mastery (Knowledge [History], Notice, Search, Sense Motive)" instead.

Did anyone get to these changes yet?