Character Edits

Barnum

I would like to rework Avenger's powers slightly this month, having had some time to test them out in play.

Powers: [3 pp, see below]

Protection 8 (Impervious) [impervious not vs. blessed/silver/magic] [this costs 12 pp with the flawed extra, and requires 2 pp with the points already there]

Drain Con 3 [PF] [Requires Grapple] [this costs 2 pp with the feat and flaw, and costs 1 pp with the points already there]

I'm not objecting to flawing the extra, but would it not be more elegant to write out the Impervious Toughness separately, just for ease of reference?

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following edits are for Reaver:

Owing to Jack's time spent in the suit, he has gained some manner of combat training in both resilience, and quick thinking. Therefore i will begin working on some of Jack's abilities outside of the suit.

"I am jack's clogged artery"

+1 fortitude [1pp]

"I am jack's raging psyche"

+1 will [1pp]

"I am jack's quick temper"

Improved Initiative 1 [1pp]

Im currently in the same room as Geez3r. He says, "The programs are to teach him how to spot stuff better. Kind of like learning from a speed reader program. Essentially Eric did a lot of 'Wheres Waldo'."

To reinterate, not part of the suit. It's some practice he did off screen using a tool that happened to be a computer program.

Hmm. Why put in unnecessary text and space? Avenger's Toughness all fits in one line this way.

Fine, if that's what you prefer.

However, the Drain doesn't add up. Drain Con 3 (requires grapple) costs 2 pp, Slow Fade costs 1 pp. Flaws don't apply to power feats.

OK, hmm. Well, rather than fool around with it, I'll just drop the power feat for now.

I think what Ecal was trying to say is, if you list your Imperviousness as a separate power, it will be much clearer that the flaw applies to the Imperviousness, not the Protection itself. So you could list Protection, then separately, list "Impervious Toughness (Limited: Blah Blah Blah)."

I would like to rework Avenger's powers slightly this month, having had some time to test them out in play.

Powers: [3 pp, see below]

Protection 8 (Impervious) [impervious not vs. blessed/silver/magic] [this costs 12 pp with the flawed extra, and requires 2 pp with the points already there]

Drain Con 4 [Requires Grapple] [this costs 2 pp with the flaw, and costs 1 pp with the points already there]

Skills: [1 pp]

1 rank of Stealth to make it 16 (+21)

3 ranks of Intimidate to make it 13 (+15)

Feats: [1 pp]

Stunning Attack

Updated by Ecalsneerg

I'd like to spend all 5PP The Scarab earned this month.

First, I'd like to increase her Enhanced Skills power by 12 ranks (3PP), bumping Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +4 each (to 8 each).

Then I'd like to purchase 4 ranks of non-Enhanced Skills for another 1PP, bumping Concentrate, Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +1 each.

The final Skill totals will look like this:

Concentrate 12 (+16)

Notice 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Search 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Sense Motive 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

The power will look like this:

Enhanced Skills 24 (Notice +8, Search +8, Sense Motive +8) [6PP]

A PL11 character can dump a maximum of 16 ranks in a Skill, which is what I've done here for Notice, Search, and Sense Motive. Each Skill has 8 "mundane" ranks and 8 "Enhanced" ranks.

Finally, I'd like to purchase the "Second Chance (Mind Reading)" feat, for 1PP, if the Refs agree this is a valid use of that feat. Normally, it's limited to saving throws against a certain type of hazard, or skills with a consequence for failure.

That brings the total expenditure to 5PP.

This will change total power points spent on Skills from 9PP (36 Ranks) to 10PP (40 Ranks), total points spent on Feats from 12PP to 13PP, and total power points spent on Powers from 85PP to 88PP.

The top of the sheet will read "Power Level: 11 (165/165PP)".

EDIT: If "Second Chance (Mind Reading)" isn't approved, I'd like to buy "Skill Mastery (Knowledge [History], Notice, Search, Sense Motive)" instead.

OK, hmm. Well, rather than fool around with it, I'll just drop the power feat for now.

Honestly, 2 extra ranks for the Drain are a much better buy than the Slow Fade feat anyway.

A higher Drain is harder to save against, and you'll win by a wider margin. The extra points you'll Drain each round will quickly outstrip the 1 rank they'll regain.

Hmm. Why put in unnecessary text and space? Avenger's Toughness all fits in one line this way.

It's not unnecessary is only part of the power is affected by something. Nor is it unnecessary if it makes tracking the costs easier on the Refs ;)

Also, a reason for why his Toughness & Imperviousness is unlike any other FC-verse vamp would be nice. And by "would be nice," I mean "is required." It can go in your News thread.

I'd like to spend all 5PP The Scarab earned this month.

First, I'd like to increase her Enhanced Skills power by 12 ranks (3PP), bumping Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +4 each (to 8 each).

Then I'd like to purchase 4 ranks of non-Enhanced Skills for another 1PP, bumping Concentrate, Notice, Search, and Sense Motive up by +1 each.

The final Skill totals will look like this:

Concentrate 12 (+16)

Notice 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Search 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

Sense Motive 8 (+12, +20 w/Powers)

The power will look like this:

Enhanced Skills 24 (Notice +8, Search +8, Sense Motive +8) [6PP]

A PL11 character can dump a maximum of 16 ranks in a Skill, which is what I've done here for Notice, Search, and Sense Motive. Each Skill has 8 "mundane" ranks and 8 "Enhanced" ranks.

Finally, I'd like to purchase the "Second Chance (Mind Reading)" feat, for 1PP, if the Refs agree this is a valid use of that feat. Normally, it's limited to saving throws against a certain type of hazard, or skills with a consequence for failure.

That brings the total expenditure to 5PP.

This will change total power points spent on Skills from 9PP (36 Ranks) to 10PP (40 Ranks), total points spent on Feats from 12PP to 13PP, and total power points spent on Powers from 85PP to 88PP.

The top of the sheet will read "Power Level: 11 (165/165PP)".

just a note that in present threads these edits will not be used., So make sure to make note of this in any active threads.

Seeing how Exile is now officially PL 11 as well I'd like to have the following changes enacted.

1: Change his thread title so it notes that he's PL 11 rather than 10

2: Have my current available pp spent on 4 ranks of skills [1 Arcane Lore, 3 Sense Motive] for the following result.

Knowledge: Arcane Lore +21 [16 ranks +5 Int]

Sense Motive +17 [12 ranks +5 Wis]

3: If permissible I'd like to remove the following to APs (never used) so as to free up 2pp

AP: Deflect 8 (all; PFs: Extended Range 2 [15ft], Precise)

AP: Teleport 9 ("Begone!"; Extras: Attack [+0 Extra], Range/Ranged [+1 Extra], Alternate Save/Will [+0 Extra], Accurate]

4: If 3 is allowed I would like to spend the freed pp as follows.

--4a: Add the following AP to Sorcerous Mastery

Strike 12 [Penetrating [+1 Extra], PFs Accurate, Extended Reach 2] and Enhanced Feat 1 [Accurate Attack]

--4b: 4 further ranks of skills [2 Gather Information, 2 Notice] for the following

Gather Information +16 [14 ranks +2 Cha]

Notice +14 [9 ranks +5 Wis]

Oh, and while I'm at it I might as well spend Mongrel Angel's 2pp. Simply bump her Int up to 12

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Knowledge: Arcane Lore +7 [6 ranks +1 Int]

The idea makes sense in general. I was just confused because that's the first time it's been enforced on me since I started playing here, and the first time I've seen it pointed out for anyone here at all. My character's been in TMIRR since she was PL10. When she jumped to PL11 and increased her combat stats, we started using the new stats. This is the first time this has come up for me at all. I didn't know if it had something to do specifically with the traits I was buying up or what.

The idea makes sense in general. I was just confused because that's the first time it's been enforced on me since I started playing here, and the first time I've seen it pointed out for anyone here at all. My character's been in TMIRR since she was PL10. When she jumped to PL11 and increased her combat stats, we started using the new stats. This is the first time this has come up for me at all. I didn't know if it had something to do specifically with the traits I was buying up or what.

No, no, it's a "we're trying to make the place make sense" thing. (Admittedly, this is not as easy as it sounds.)

It's not all about you :P

so when will our edits come into effect / be put on our character sheets? can they be updated as long as we abide by the original versions in any threads that occur before april?

another idea that just popped into my head is that possibly the refs could simply re-post the character sheet entirely at the end of the character's thread stating that this is the current sheet to be used in all threads starting after such and such a date as denoted on the time-line thread?

just a thought.

'cuz i am itching to use my shiny new PL11 powers :D

it may very well be, BUT, you can't ignore the usefulness of the feature, and all it would take is a quick reference and a link saying, "I am using this version of my character for this thread"

even if it is too much trouble to deal with, we won't know what the best way to handle the situation is until we make an attempt at some fresh new ideas. in my opinion simply waiting until the current threads that a character is in to be resolved is not a very good system. I would like to start new threads with my characters, but i would also like to start them featuring the new versions of my characters. I can't do that as per the above rulings. if i start a thread before they post the edits, then i cannot use those edits.