Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

To kick off with Tylluan will flap his wings and attack YB. 

1d20+12=21

Which hits, causing a DC 25 Toughness save, and, because of his improved grab feat, an opposed grapple roll:

1d20+28=38 for YB to oppose. 

He is also going to use his move by action feat to move up to 200 feet in the air (with, if he manages it, YB in tow). For reference to you ranged ground guys!

After that, Osprey is up!

For reference, I will say its a move action to get out of the Van (or into the drivers seat). 

The bonds are standard handcuffs (p136), so Toughness 10 and escape artist DC 35 to slip them. Alternatively, if it suits your vision of the Osprey, Ari, the alternate form change will snap the handcuffs but bruise him from the change!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first, time to get out of the handcuffs the old-fashioned way. Escape Artist check: 16. Intimidate roll to convince Nelson and his buddies that maybe they shouldn't try to stop him: 24.

Edit: I did not see that offer Supercape made. I will take that! Transforming into his Alternate Form and snapping those 'cuffs. Osprey is now Bruised. Move Action to get out of the van, and SURGEing(Fatigued) for another Move Action to fly up 200ft. and attempt to claw Tylluan: 21. Should that hit Tylluan suffers a DC27 Toughness save.

Edited by Arichamus

Sorry for delay, lets go with that. That will give Osprey a bruise and fatigue him. 

Post away Arichamus, but no! that misses!

(For reference, Tylluan is built strong, powerful and dangerous physically, at PL 12, enough to beat any one of you singularly to a pulp. He is, however, rather stupid! - he is intended to be a semi - archvillian to you guys, but a physical one rather than a cerebral one).

Catalyst is up!

She is currently in the Van so a move action to get out, or get into a firing position out of a window (which will give cover), also note distance as above!

Jasmine's range is 500 ft for any of her bullets as long as she isn't using an area effect (meaning she's using her sniper rifle as opposed to her pistols), she's using a fortitude drain (nerve gas. She's shifting the stun by five, so 20. If that hit's, that's a DC 20 Fortitude check against fortitude drain.

Ok no specific rules for moving whilst grapple so I will say to move you will need to make an opposed roll against Tyullans flight power with your own, as he will actively resist moving and is grappling you. 

As he is the position of authority (being the one grappling) ill give him +2 situational bonus on the opposed roll. 

On the plus side, his flight power is low, and he rolls poorly: 1d20+5=13

His Grapple Roll, however is much better

1d20+28=47

(Also, note YB is fatigued, so -2 STR and -1 to grapple bonus!)

Ok so YB and the Big T soar up to 2700 ft in the night air brrr its cold and dark!

Nelson and company are getting out of the Van but not otherwise acting. 

Synapse is up next. 

We are in a funky situation here with main antagonist being out of effective range for many, but lets see how it plays out!

Okay, some free action talking, free action to activate her forcefiled, move action to step out of the van, more free action talking and then using Telepathy (mind reading portion) to try to read the mind of one of the men at the other van (your choice who that might be Cape).  Her Telepathy is subtle, so no visible effects, DC 20 Notice check for anyone with mental awareness to detect it, and for the target of the mind reading to know she is picking around in his head.  Her power check for the mind reading is a 30!

So the Government Agents are not acting this round. 

We move on to Round 2:

Round 2:

33 Tylluan - Unharmed, Grappling - 10,000' high*
28 Osprey - Unharmed, Fatigued - 2 HP - Bruised
22 Catalyst - Unharmed, Fatigued - 2 HP, Flying 200' High
16 YB - Unharmed, Fatigued, Grappled/Bound - 0 HP - 10,000' High*
10 Big Nelson and Crew [3] Unharmed, In Van
8 Synapse - Unharmed, 1 HP, In Van
3 Ministry Agents and Crew [3]

Notes:

As per Tiffs post (which I missed) she was moving full to 10'000 feet. THe conditions here are full darkness (although as the two are grappling they are touching and this is an accurate sense!) I am not going to get too scientific but I will say this is now extreme cold conditions. As we get higher Ill move into suffocation, but with breath holding this is unlikely to be an issue for long!

The Bleeding Thug has gone into cardiac arrest from shock. 

At the beginning of the found. Tyullan will squeeze Young Brittania for an automatic DC 25 Toughness Save. 

The Real Osprey is up!

Can't let that poor fellow up and die. Swooping down as a Move action, picking him up as a Standard. If he can moving the rest of the way to the Ministry van and asking for help(no Medicine skill or tools, kind of an oversight). If that's not allowable, using a Hero Point to buy Move-by-Action to clear the distance.

Right, I'm next, rolling Medicine, cause well, agent archetypes don't COME with that 24, Btw, for point of plot, as part of masterwork medical tools, I'm gonna say Jasmine has a mini defibulator (or AED) cause I can't think of reason why she wouldn't.

Edited by Aoiroo

Yay! Our first good deed!

Thank goodness you thought to give Catalyst Medicine Roo. Would have been sad(and kind of funny) if they couldn't help some dying schmuck because their healer was thousands of feet away and Grappled.

Edited by Arichamus
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok back online!

First up: a hero point to Catalyst and the real Osprey for saving a no-good thugs life. However, The Osprey spends a hero point to get move by action for the rest of the scene!

Young Brittania gets a bruise from the T's squeeze. 

Next...Young Brittania is up!

• 2 weeks later...

He is pretty single minded / stupid so it is unlikely but possible!

Incidentally, from a mechanical point of view, which was pointed out by Thev, we both goofed I think. YB super strength and flight is in a dynamic array. Tyullan weighs 1000lbs, so you need to factor that into how far she can / cant carry him. 

Anyway we shall say 20000 feet for now (and fudge it) - what are you doing with your action?