Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

Ok, so time for some more rolls - depending on what you are doing. 

For everyone:

Notice
Knowledge (Technology)

You may wish to roll a Search, or Computers roll if examining the Haven, but if so could you give some indication of what!

Stuff will happen imminently! :)

(Also, remember the +2 Situational Bonus for these rolls, as you have studied the Plans of the Haven)
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finding all KINDS of Skills I forgot to give Osprey. He doesn't have Knowledge(Technology) so no dice there.

Notice roll: 14. +2 from reading the Haven's plans turns that to a 16.

Search roll to work out where any scanners, sensors or pressure plates are: 21. +2 from knowing the plans makes it 23.

Stealth to keep from activating anything(if that fits): 27.

Ok, so the results in order! (trumpet fanfare!) I am splitting this up a little, to say you examine various areas of the Haven and according to broad skill mix. 

Synapse: Notices a variety of weaponry located inside the Haven - stun guns, cannons, the like. They are all well concealed and show evidence of being used. By tracking their position, she also finds signs that they have been discharged, in the Haven, and the damage repaired. The weapons are still active. Synapse also notes that the Haven is built to be structurally extremely firm. The AI device in the centre is still on low power, but not actively "awake". 

Catalyst notes the medical bay is very advanced, able to to do the most complex operations, such as brain/body transplantation, or grafting. She notices that much of the equipment is booby trapped, to dissolve or fry, even explode, if used without proper authority. 

Osprey comes across some sealed human-sized containers, concealed under the floor panels, with activation sensors above them, which he avoids. 

Young Brittania notices some camera's far overhead, tracking everybodies movements. 

Feel free to notice each others stuff too, if you rolled higher than that PC for notice. However, I am splitting this up presuming the four PCs are looking at different areas. 

Could we have a computers roll from Synapse as she looks into the central computer bank. DC 20 to get in, do basic stuff, DC 30 to get full access to the Havens log, DC 40 to actually take over the Haven!

Also, a disable device roll from Osprey to jam the weapons systems. DC 20 for that. (I read you right using throwing knives to jam them?)

Also, note: Tiff named the computer "Vera" IC which sounds good to me!

Sorry Supercape, I meant that Osprey is 'flagging' their locations and the sensors so the others know where to avoid them.

But if you'd rather that's what he was doing, I'll edit my post to reflect that, and edit in a roll here of Disable Device.

Synapse's computer check: the four pods that Osprey has found contain human bodies in suspended animation. The files refer to "Cybernetic Control Implants" that are also functional on the bodies, and that "Project Antibody" has activated. The actual files on that are long and complex, referring to some automated sequence in the medical bay that modifies human bodies, primarily in the cortex.