Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

11, ug, epic fail man. Spending an HP, 26 , anyway, since Jasmine can move a hundred feet per move action, and at this point, I'd say she'd be running to catch him. I'd fluff it to say pretty much, she knows which way he went, but not how far he is down it. So can we say, they like collide?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roo, as the relationship with Blackpool is the key one for Catalsyt, I'm going to throw this past you at this juncture: Do you wish for Blackpool to be successfully adbucted (GM fiat and all), or leave it to the dice to decide (or if you have any other thoughts or alternatives). 

Ill go with the "leave it to the dice to decide" option by default, but throwing this to you first as its a key point for later stories and relationships at this early juncture. 

Okay, so like, I make the check to oppose disarm, that's 14, even with -2 that still beats it. She's gonna try and shoot him again, cause clearly he won't go the heck down, actually no, she's not cause Blackpool is visible. She's going to pick him up as her standard action, he's a maximum load for her, but she's gonna use extra effort to pick him up, so that makes him a heavy load. She'll have fatigue next round, but she'll be able to move at 2/3's her speed, which is 66 feet per move action. She'll move twice with move by action which is 132 feet.

Edited by Aoiroo

Also for reference: The invisible man's device:

Device 5, Easy to Lose

Fatigue 5 Extras: Poison, Ranged. Sleep (+0) Feats: Subtle, Precise - Sleep drug. 

AP: Blast 5 Feats: Subtle, Precise - Acid Dart

AP: Dazzle 5 Extras: Duration (Continuous), Feats: Subtle, Precise - Local Anaesthetic

AP: Paralyse 5 Extras: Poison, Ranged Feats: Subtle, Precise - Paralytic Poison. 

The gun is set on Sleep Drug for now, a Knowledge (Tech) roll can change settings. DC 10. 

In relation to TiffK's last post, I'm going to pose the notion that Young Brittania might well be th 'face' of Vanguard 2.0 - she is the least suspicious character as far as the Ministry is concerned, is suitably jingoistic, and has, mechanically speaking the highest CHA.

I dislike the concept of "party leader", as this dampens down inter team conflicts (which is interesting, as long as it avoids the horrors of PvP) and gives rise to E-peen swordsmanship, but putting her in a position as public 'face' might be a thing to do, much as champion was for Vanguard 1.0 (and from the relationship map, you will see how he was far from the commander of the team).

I put this up for discussion, but lets not bog down the flow of IC.

On a side note I have one more piece of raidroading to do, which is the fledgling team hunting down Osprey and/or the Middleman (for reference you may wish to observe the thread ">Beating Crime Soundly" I will try not to make this to klutzy and obvious, but if I could ask for one final piece of leeway / railroading in that if I drop the bait, can you bite? :)

Of course the possibilties we have with the relationship map and everything is not to have a cohesive team of four super-friends, but to have a interesting mix of flavours, and positive and negative relationships. 

Yes, YB certainly seems like the most obvious choice for the public face of the team.

As for a “team leader,†I sort of have to disagree SC, I think there is nothing wrong with a team leader.  It might stifle some team conflicts, but can often lead to others.  Back on some free form rp boards I was involved with (Ari will likely again mention how old this makes me sound :) ), I had two characters that were leaders on two different superteams, one a teen/X-Force style team, the other an adult/Justice League style team, both of which tended to have more than 8 members at any given time.  I can safely say there was still plenty of internal conflict of each team.

That is a very good point, Thev, well made. 

I think I have a personal problem with team leaders in RPGs - my own issue with using RPGs as ego crutches. So I should be open and aware about that and not impose my neurosis on you guys! :)

So I leave the decision about team leader to you guys, and Ill keep my stinking nose out of it! :)

PS: Loved last post, Thev. 

Looks good to me. 

If you guys are ok with TiffKs lead, we could have Osprey brought at your request, rather than the Ministry, which would give him unique status. 

Or, if you really want to push the boat out, Osprey could join you in secret. 

Thoughts please. But for now, lets post about hooking you guys up. Have a think about where you would like to go with that.