Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

Well somewhat arbitarily lets say he is 1000lbs, making a medium load at STR 30. that leaves YB with 5 Ranks of Flight which she can move all out in: 10,000' in a round, but at 2/3 that makes about 6000 feet for 26,000 feet. 

Ultimately of course the rules are going to get a little soft round the edges here. 

So, I'll give Tyulluan one more Grapple attack, causing a DC25 Toughness Roll for YB and we shall see what happens there. If that doesnt daze her, he is going to loosen his grip and fall / fly back to earth. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supercape, I'm actually perfectly fine with the idea of Tylluan just being a total out-of-nowhere random event that comes and goes by his own weird whims. That and I'm not really sure he could really do much worth doing right now. The thread's supposed to get the team together, after all, and tangents are nobody's friend in these kinds of stories. He works pretty well as an initial example of the kind of craziness they can expect, the stuff that badly complicates rather simple cases like this.

And yeah what about Big Nelson?

Ok: So the Big T does actually fit into the whole mess, which I can reveal if you wish ;) of course, I have had to put together some unlikely coincidences to ram the four of you together, but T is not total chaos. His INT and WIS are 6 due to his mind being bird like too, but he does have an agenda and fit into the relationship map with the whole osprey formula (somewhere in his addled mind!)

As for Big Nelson and his crew, they are averaging around PL 4, and are not going to be a match for even two of you, let alone three of four, so I suggest we can narrate that either as defiance and Synapse mind controlling them, or as surrender. Up to you guys. 

Don't worry about derailing stuff YB - this whole thing has no rail, just vague plans, wherever you guys go, thats where this thread goes! Up to this point I have had to pull together a few bits of narrative unlikelihoods in order to get you guys together, but from this point on, the foursome are the foursome, and the sandbox is yours! :)

So, at the start of the round, Synapse's array is still set on Telepathy, so she will use the mental communication part of that to send that free action communication to Catalyst.  Then she switches the array to Mind Control to try to take over Big Nelson and have him put his weapon down and order his men to do the same.  DC 20 Will save for him to resist.

• 4 weeks later...

Knowledge Streetwise to know if anyone's been in this area lately who might have stumbled over this: 28.

Also Knowledge Physical Sciences to get an idea of what the door's made of : 8.

Stunting a cutting torch off the Utility Belt Array, Corrosion 4(Flaws: Action(Full-Round))[12PP]

Knowledge: Streetwise - 

No, this place is pretty locked down. Nobody gets in!

Knowledge: Physcial Sciences:

Sorry!

As for the corrosion - Cruxberry gives you the lowdown. Any "attack" on the door runs the risk of blowing the Thames above the Haven. Of course, you could take that risk and cut a small hole! ;)

There are lock systems on the door too, which could be circumnavigates with disable device, computer, or knowledge (electronic) rolls, DC 30 (taking 20 is possible too of course). 

Stunting the corrosion device would, I think, give a +5 Situational bonus to any disable device rolls here, as it in effects gives you a great tool for the job. 

Don't forget we all get a >+2 on all checks for dealing with the Haven due to the studying of the plans.

Synapse will Take 20 on Disable Device (which will result in a 40, a she is at +20 with the +2 bonus).

Synapse would have wanted to get some various tolls and a laptop as well (for when she wants to hack into the base's system)