Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Real sorry for the delay everyone, I have been wrestling with how to tie up this thread with Beating Crime Soundly. It is nearly in place in my head, but I just ran out of steam to put the final pieces together and post right now. I will have this up on track in  the next 24 hours!

Once again sorry for delay, this I think was the last major hurdle, in terms of getting the four of you together. If it means anything, I think the way its gone so far has been great!

One long term note for you all:

The next chapter will likely shift towards penetrating and exploring the Haven (and their will be threat!). The rough plan - and I don't wish to force you into this, is for Vanguard 2 to take over the Haven. It will essentially be your joint HQ. So, if this sits well with you, I suggest you hold back a spare PP from your PCs (or from a vet award), and think about building a 20EP HQ (with 1 PP from each of you?)

The only thing I would strongly suggest is that the Haven maintains its high speed transport power to Freedom City (essentially a customised teleport), which means that your characters will not be isolated from the goings on in Freedom City and can still stay integrated with the rest of the board! :)

Anyway, thoughts on this and design notes should probably start vaguely kicking off, either here or via PM. No rush, just to start thinking about. The first thing to decide is if you guys would want to have a joint HQ. It needen't be the Haven, but that would make some sense. The only things set in stone about the Haven are its location (under the Thames) and the link to FC. The rest is up to you to design through your own modifications, skills, and resources!

Looking forward to it and totally understand Cape!

As I said in chat, I am up for us taking over the Haven (and fully plan on Dee tearing everything apart and rebuilding it over time).

Also as I mentioned in chat, I will probably devote some points when I get my Gold award (which should be soon) to having Dee put together an AI sidekick like JARVIS in the Iron Man movies.

Roo/Thev/Tiff, tell me when you want a Cut to deptford Docks to hunt down "the Osprey". 

You have narrative licence how you get there and who you bring with you. Obviously vans and sirens can transport you by road if you wish. You could have a few agents with you too (but not the main NPCs like Cruxberry and Smith who dont do field work like that!)

Ari - how do you fancy getting to Deptford with Tony and Nelson (and thugs). If you go handcuffed (we say that you get slapped in cuffs as a precaution) you can join this thread with 1 HP for that annoyance!

In which case I am awading Catalyst an HP for being without her Device (granted part of device gets a discount for removable, but starting a thread without it I feel warrants and HP)

Catalyst - 2 HP - Fatigued

Synapse - 1HP - Unharmed

Young Brittania - 1 HP - Fatigued

Osprey - 2 HP - Unharmed (Hands bound!)

Thanks Thev, editted. 

For reference, the two vans IC arrive simultaneously (for the purposes of PLOT). The environment by the docks is low light level. 

There are plenty of crates, corners, and so on to take cover in or hide behind. 

There are four men lying on the floor bound (rather than the five Osprey defeated), and one is severely injured. Hard to see at this distance but a DC 15 Medicine Roll will notice he will bleed out within minutes. A -10 Penalty to that roll unless you have extended visual senses. 

MY EYES! Curse you, spawn of the Light!

Aoiroo, by my count there's the three current Vanguard members, two guys from the Ministry of Powers, four thugs in the van with two crime bosses and a wacko vigilante, and five suspected criminals on the ground more or less within range. So that's six known criminals and six suspected ones. Five of them(Nelson and the thugs) are armed.

Edited by Arichamus

Well Ari, given several of the bad guys Osprey are with are in the back of a van, the rest of us may not be able to see them (especially if there is a lot of distance between them.  And I don't believe we have any information to tell us that the people in the other van are criminals.

I would think Infrared vision would probably need penetrates concealment to pick up heat signatures through a van? Still, I will leave that to your call, Roo no need to stress over that point! If you feel she can see them, she could see six people in Bullet Tonys Van. 

And as you say...

Initiative Rolls please for everybody!

I am keeping Bullet Tony out of it for now as he is bound. 

Big Nelson and crew [3]: 1d20=10

Ministry Agents [2]: 1d20+1=3

"Opsrey" 1d20+17=33

For Reference:

Big Nelson is a customised NPC. He has a shotgun and a leather jacket. 

His Crew are using the thug archetype, but are the more heavy type, so Attack and Defence is +4 (more skilled). They have machine pistols and leather jackets. 

Ministry Agents are using the "Agent" archetype, with normal pistols. 

"The Osprey" is in fact Tylluan (from the relationship map, the first Osprey formula victim). 

Other notes: We are now in full daylight thanks to Young Brittania

As it is, the two vans are 50 feet from each other, and from the river. In between them all are the four thugs the real Osprey disposed of previously. 

The "Osprey" pretender is now seen more clearly, and is 60 feet away and 20 feet up, on a mast of cargo ship. 

Round 1:

33 Tylluan - Unharmed

28 Osprey - Unharmed - 2 HP - Bound

22 Catalyst - Unharmed, Fatigued - 2 HP, In Van

16 YB - Unharmed, Fatigued - 1 HP - Flying

10 Big Nelson and Crew [3] Unharmed, In Van

8 Synapse - Unharmed, 1 HP, In Van

3 Ministry Agents and Crew [3]

Notes: 1 THug bleeding out, full light