Meanwhile, at the Guardians Mansion!

As it was time to get into the mansion, Luke offered Muirne his arm and a smile. "Shall we...." He teased. 

"Hey..." Luke protested, albeit with a grin on his lips as Leon mentioned his limited culinary skills. Still, it was a relief to see the tension between his friends going down, although, admittedly, it was likely that a single conversation would solve the issue, it was better than nothing. 

On 2/8/2024 at 10:50 AM, RocketLord said:

"Of course we're not the Freedom League," he says. His tone has shifted. Before he sounded excited. Now, there's something more. "But, I don't us to live in their shadow. We're not going to be just the junior team or anything like that. We're going to do things our way, whatever that'll turn out to be, and, if everything goes as well as I hope, we'll be better." 

"We are not the Freedom League... yet..." Luke corrected with a cocky smirk on his lips, while sure, they still were a new team, with young in their name after all, but that didn't mean they couldn't be an ambitious one. 

"Neat place you got here man..." Luke ruffled the hair on the back of his neck as he inspected the mansion, admittedly he was accustomed to far more humble accommodations than this one. The opulence of the place almost made the Soutshide boy feel a bit uneasy. "One day you're gonna tell me how you make that much dough man..." He added, giving Charlie a playful nudge. 

Multi-Girl

Bernadette could only return Charlie’s grin as he confirmed there was a jet for the team, and she chuckled slightly at Leon's suggestion for a name. She also smiled slightly at Charlie’s suggestion that he hoped they might one day possibly rival the Freedom League itself.

Continuing along on the tour, the redhead moved away from Charlie as Vik asked to speak with him to the side for a moment, giving them some space. Moving over next to Pol, the Irish teen gave her a smile. "You an' Charlie really did a great job on the place."

The STORMCROW

Looking at Luke, Charlie grins and shrugs. "I told you. It's Raven money. I put the plan together, let him know what I wanted to do, and he agreed to support it. It's ours, no strings attached, but just, y'know, don't go smashing the place up." He stops. "There's a training room for that." Another pause, as he looks at Leon. "I'm gonna veto that name. Hard pass."

Charlie looks at Vik with an intrigued expression. "Sure? What's up?"

Paper

Leon smirked behind his apple as Charlie went on about ‘being better’. 

On 2/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, Nerdzul said:

"One day you're gonna tell me how you make that much dough man..."  

4 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Looking at Luke, Charlie grins and shrugs. "I told you. It's Raven money. I put the plan together, let him know what I wanted to do, and he agreed to support it. It's ours, no strings attached, but just, y'know, don't go smashing the place up."

“Illegally of course, that’s how all rich people get rich. Think a cape with this kinda cash is paying all their taxes? Pretty sure trying to declare a personal super-jet as a business expense would raise some red flags.”

Leon pipes up between bites.

4 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Another pause, as he looks at Leon. "I'm gonna veto that name. Hard pass."

“Killjoy.”

He followed the group as Charlie was showing off the house. He wanted to be mad at how nonchalantly Charlie mentioned spending Raven’s money, but as thief he spent a lot of other people’s money himself. The only difference was Charlie didn’t get arrested for it.

Leon gave a grin as Vik pulled Charlie aside for a private little talk.

“Looks like you might have competition, Berni.”

He teased.

Edited by Spacefurry
On 2/14/2024 at 5:54 AM, RocketLord said:

The STORMCROW

Looking at Luke, Charlie grins and shrugs. "I told you. It's Raven money. I put the plan together, let him know what I wanted to do, and he agreed to support it. It's ours, no strings attached, but just, y'know, don't go smashing the place up." He stops. "There's a training room for that." Another pause, as he looks at Leon. "I'm gonna veto that name. Hard pass."

Charlie looks at Vik with an intrigued expression. "Sure? What's up?"

"Sorry, everyone, it's a private matter. If I'm going to be living here, I should disclose my...medical needs." 

On 2/14/2024 at 10:17 AM, Spacefurry said:

“Looks like you might have competition, Berni.”

He teased.

Vik held up her hands in the universal gesture of intending no harm. "Oh, God, no, that's not what I meant at all. I just - look, it's just not something I want to tell the whole class yet, you know? Red?" she said, trying to catch Bernadette's eye. Agh, dammit Vik! You shouldn't have said anything at all. Now they'll think I'm hiding something, which...I am? But not like that?! She took one final glance at the group before ducking into a room, utterly embarrassed. 

"Look, Charlie, I don't mean to cause any trouble. I didn't mean anything weird by this, I just..." she said rapidly. "I just have certain dietary needs that I feel I should disclose before you decide to, you know, let me live here indefinitely for free." The words still sounded strange in her mouth...

"Now, you're aware of my...living situation. In that I'm not living, exactly. I just...look. What I'm trying to say is..." Dammit, just spit it out!

"I need a pound of raw meat every day or I go feral." She paused for a while to let that sink in. 

"Look, I know, like, zombie movies. Used to be a big fan until I started living as one. And it's not like I'm going to eat your brains, or anything like that. I just have to have raw meat or whatever...spell is keeping my mind, my humanity together starts to unravel. But I get it if you want me to leave, just let me go through the back door, I guess? I know this is a really weird thing to put on you, even though we've just met..." she rambles, continuing like that for some time until Charlie hopefully interrupts her. 

Shift

Pol beams at Bernadette's compliment. "I'm glad you like it! We worked very hard putting everything together. Charlie did most of the planning, and I did most of the heavy lifting." She held her arms up and flexed her muscles, then shifted them into hydraulic presses for a few seconds before returning them to normal.

Edited by Heritage

Multi-Girl

Bernadette continued to grin at the interaction between Charlie and Leon regarding the proposed name for the jet. When Leon teased her about possibly having competition the Irish teen simply gave him a look as if she was not concerned and looked over to Vik as the other girl tried to explain why she wanted to talk to Charlie alone. "No worries Vik." Bernadette responded as she focused back to Pol.

"Well, it is really amazin,' lookin' forward ta seeing more o' it." She said to the robot while walking over to the large glass wall that looked out onto the back of the grounds as she waited for Vik and Charlie to talk. Berandette was not as interested in looking through some of the many bedrooms, having already seen one of them last night, but was looking forward to seeing the parts of the mansion she had not already seen.

The STORMCROW

Charlie doesn't react to Leon's teasing comment as he goes with Vik, though he clearly hears it. 

When Vik starts talking, fumbling over her words a bit as she works up her courage, he crosses his arms. His brows furrow ever so slightly, barely noticeable to anyone that doesn't know him well, or is trained to look for signs like that.

As she finishes, he shakes his head. "C'mon, think a bit better of me than that," he says with a light smile. "We got a freaking dragon here, and whatever Leon is, and yeah, I did look into you before inviting you here. Didn't know specifics like that, but I wouldn't have invited you here if I wasn't serious about it. I can't imagine it's easy for you to deal with all that, but a pound of raw meat? That's doable. There's something in the fridge if you need it now, should still be plenty left for whoever stays." Charlie pauses for a moment, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I would like to know the specifics at some point, if you don't mind. Things like how often exactly, what happens exactly if you don't and so on. Just so we're sure to have what you need."

If he's shocked or surprised by Vik's declaration, he doesn't show it.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:51 PM, RocketLord said:

As she finishes, he shakes his head. "C'mon, think a bit better of me than that," he says with a light smile. "We got a freaking dragon here, and whatever Leon is, and yeah, I did look into you before inviting you here. Didn't know specifics like that, but I wouldn't have invited you here if I wasn't serious about it. I can't imagine it's easy for you to deal with all that, but a pound of raw meat? That's doable. There's something in the fridge if you need it now, should still be plenty left for whoever stays." Charlie pauses for a moment, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I would like to know the specifics at some point, if you don't mind. Things like how often exactly, what happens exactly if you don't and so on. Just so we're sure to have what you need."

If he's shocked or surprised by Vik's declaration, he doesn't show it.

GHULE

“I don’t know what to say. Thanks would be a good start though.” That went much better than she thought it would, better than she could have imagined. Vik pushed down any negative thoughts that sprung up, and it almost worked. 

“So, like…to add to what I was talking about earlier, you’ve offered me a lot without asking any more than my joining your team earlier. I don’t really know you, or any of the Young Guardians yet.” She paused, taking a moment to put her thoughts together. “But I want to know you. Oh, umm…by which I mean, I want to get to know all the Guardians! Let’s get back to the others, you were just showing everyone around, haha!” She laughs awkwardly, and exits the room as soon as she can.

Way to play it cool, Vik…

Edited by Lone_Star

The STORMCROW

"Don't worry, we'll get there," Charlie says. "Plenty of time to get to know everybody, don't worry. Besides, I'm gonna run you all ragged with training exercises anyway! Gotta make sure everyone works together!" 

If Charlie notices the slip, he doesn't comment on it, instead turning back towards everyone else.

"Alright, who wants to see the secret rooms and the jet?" he says, as he walks back to them. "We got training rooms, computers, labs and even a library for Leon!"

Shadowborne

Muirne would be lying if she said she wasn't very curious about whatever Vik pulled Charlie aside for, although she doubted it would be anything as crass as Leon suggested. Still, it wasn’t her business, so she busied herself looking around. Peeking through a few walls, trying to find hidden compartments, trying to work out what the dial under the light switch was for. 

Maybe it is to activate the defenses. That seems Charlie-like. Aoife suggested. Muirne nodded, inspecting the room again for signs of whatever such defenses could be.

Perhaps the lightbulb can flash to blind people?

Or the nozzle up there isn't for water for fires,  but instead sprays that foam Charlie uses to catch people.

Maybe it is to make the speakers deafen people, like Howl's technology?

This continued until Charlie and Vik returned, and at no point did they consider that it was too dim the lights. Still Muirne and Aoife out aside their little game of trying to spot all the places their Cowl companion may have hidden defensive measures, to respond to Charlie. "That sounds good to me."

On 2/22/2024 at 7:44 PM, RocketLord said:

"Don't worry, we'll get there," Charlie says. "Plenty of time to get to know everybody, don't worry. Besides, I'm gonna run you all ragged with training exercises anyway! Gotta make sure everyone works together!" 

"Always up for some proper trainin'" Luke smirked, 'casually' stretching his shoulder and 'incidentally' flexing his muscles as well. 

"Secret rooms? Neat." He chuckled. "Got any treasure around here as well?" He pretended to sniff the air, trying to check if his dragon senses revealed some precious hidden within. "A vault, maybe?" 

He did seems a bit less excited about the jet though. "I prefer to fly organic." He was smiling, trying to conceal a slight flinch though. In truth, he hated the idea of flying in a metal tube that went at supersonic speed, the only time he had done so in his life was to visit Muirne's family in the Uk and that has been more than enough for him, not that he would ever admit it.

"Whatever... Lead the way..."

Multi-Girl

When Charlie and Vik made their way back out to the rest of them and Charlie talked about showing them some of the hidden features of the mansion, Bernadette turned back towards him and moved over nearby as the others started to gather as well. She smirked slightly at Luke's interest in the secret rooms, asking about treasure and showing little interest in the jet.

"That sounds good ta me." She said, waiting for Charlie to continue the tour.

Paper

Leon didn’t actually care what Vik and Charlie talked about, he busied himself walking ahead a little. He rolls his eyes at the mention of running them through exercises.

“If you wanted to be a gym teacher, you should have gone back to Claremont.”

He teases. At the mention of the library he snorts, but doesn’t deny his curiosity.

“I could find that on my own, bu-”

‘-but, I don’t wanna break up the group.’

Was what he almost said. Low hanging fruit, but Leon was still bitter. He knew Charlie would ignore it, and it wouldn’t really make him feel any better saying it. He was just angry and had nowhere else to direct it. He really shouldn’t drag everyone else into it either, he liked Berni who was obviously in a relationship with him now. And Vik and Pol who were new to the group, well new-ish. Luke was his best friend, and then there was Muirne…

Damn it, this was just making him feel worse.

And that just made him madder.

“But, all you have is probably school books and encyclopedias.”

He added with another snort.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:10 AM, Spacefurry said:

Paper

“I could find that on my own, bu-”

‘-but, I don’t wanna break up the group.’

Was what he almost said. Low hanging fruit, but Leon was still bitter. He knew Charlie would ignore it, and it wouldn’t really make him feel 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:10 AM, Spacefurry said:

“But, all you have is probably school books and encyclopedias.”

He added with another snort.

Vik playfully punched Leon on the arm. “Hey Leon does more than read…right? I’d be down for some practice sparring! We’ll see if paper beats rock!” To illustrate her point, she formed a bony club over her fist, then quickly dissipated it.

She was more than a little embarrassed that she had to take the host away from his tour, but no one seemed to mind. The hard part would be breaking her, let’s call them dietary needs to her new friends. That would come later though, as everyone seemed to be very welcoming. 

“You have a jet, Charlie?” Vik asked incredulously. She had never flown on a regular airplane, much less a jet, not that she would ever admit it. Truth be told, her new teammates probably had a lot more life experiences that they took for granted that she couldn’t dream of. 

• 2 weeks later...

The STORMCROW

"We have a jet," Charlie corrects Vik. "I told you, this isn't my place, it's ours. Pol and I set it up, but it's for all of us."

He can guess where Leon was going, but like he guessed, Charlie ignores it. They will have to deal with this at some point, but not today. It'll lead to issues down the road if not, or even now, but he does want Leon there. 

"Alright, come on! Hangar, library, training room and everything else along the way! And pick out some rooms, even if you don't live here, they're yours if you need it!"

The rest of the day goes on with Charlie showing everyoune around the mansion, the secret rooms, the defenses, and well, anything needed to be there. Whatever secret defenses or anything they would like to know (and probably many more), Charlie shares. No secrets that Charlie can share is not shared.