Shift

Over Charlie's earpiece, he hears a soft contralto voice with just a hint of fury.

-Copy that. I'd recognize that jerk's heat signature anywhere.-

Seconds later, a high pitched whine can be heard coming from overhead, rapidly rising in volume and pitch.  Suddenly a large projectile punctures the roof, slamming into the floor at a slight angle not three feet from Sebastian's head. A series of beeps increases in speed until the shell splits open and unfolds into an attractive young woman with a big head of curly hair, wearing a close-fitting blue jumpsuit that leaves her lower arms and legs exposed. She looks down at Luke and his prisoner with a warm grin.

"Hello friends! Did you miss me?"

Her right arm then raises up, shifting into a massive knobby tentacle before slamming across the would-be Casanova's face.

Edited by Heritage
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The STORMCROW

"'scale, push him forward! Shift, aim for his nose!"

It might sound mean, but Stormcrow has studied Sebastian Shields to an obsessive degree. He knows all his weak spots. Like the nose that he had personally broken multiple times as Nevermore. Plus, he tended to have a glass jaw, and that should be more than enough, especially with Nightscale holding him tight. 

GM

With Nightscale holding Casanova and Shift suddenly appearing as the delivery mechanism sends her through the roof, the struggling Casanova can only stare and curse when the metallic appendage smashes into his face. His nose is broken once more, probably beyond all repair this time. He stares wide-eyed at the scene before him, the heroes that showed up in the nick of time and then, he slumps forward, barely muttering "But... this wasn't...", before falling silent, his head slumped forward.

To Shadowborne and Ghule, it is like a switch has been flipped in their mind. A fog is gone, they are in control again... and Toxin, she stops in her tracks, looking around with a confused look. Both Shadowborne and Ghule should be able to remember that she had been with Casanova by the points that they had been pulled in by him, and now she just looks lost, even through the containment suit.

Ghule

She holds her head, groaning her memories return to her all at once. She remembers Casanova, and another girl about her age...and someone in a containment suit? She looks around and sees those two. Then she turns her gaze to the ongoing battle, and she realizes she may have been mind-controlled!

Confusion quickly turns to anger. She had experienced many things in her life, but never a complete loss of her autonomy. She turns towards Casanova and, unfortunately, someone beat her to, well, beating him up. Her breath quickens: she is reminded of the many fights she endured while in juvie, preparing herself to dish out a beating. She spins around, still brandishing the bone-axes, and shouts: 

"Will someone tell me what the %#&@ is going on?! Who are you people? Why am I here? Someone needs to give me some answers or I'm just gonna start swinging!" 

GM

Toxin breathes heavily, stumbling slightly as she looks around. Her breath is heavy, fogging up the face plate, making it even more difficult to see her face. The way she moves, it is almost like a puppet with the strings cut, like whatever was keeping her up, whatever was controlling her, is just... gone.

She curses loudly, as she turns to stare in the direction of Shift and Nightscale, before her eyes turn to Ms. Scorpion. "What did you do? What the hell did you make us do!?"

Toxin starts moving towards Ms. Scorpion on uneasy steps, stumbling, though her murderous intent is clear.

Multi-Girl

After dodging the shadow tendrils from Murine, Bernadette was worried that she might have to fight her as well.

And then Charlie made his dramatic entrance, dressed in a new costume he went after Ms. Scorpion and sending her sprawling. Bernadette felt her breath catch at seeing him in action once more. Whatever confused emotions she had had earlier after receiving his text after his long absence were gone. 

And then Shift burst in, and working with Luke, the two put Shields down, freeing those he had mind controlled. With the number of opponents dramatically reduced, the many duplicates still in the warehouse were no longer attacking.

A couple of the duplicates that had been fighting Ghule took a few steps back from her, holding their hands up in front of them to indicate they were no longer going to attack her. "Ye were bein' mind controlled." One of the pair said to the confused Ghule.

"By that slimeball." Stated the other, pointing to the unconscious form of Shields.

Meanwhile, the original Bernadette turned to one of the few actual enemies, Chump. The duplicate that was fighting him knew what she wanted to do, so launched a kick at him. The former police officer easily blocked the attack, but it was never meant to actually do much, just get his attention as the original and a couple other duplicates moved in.

The two duplicates both arrived first, one delivering a knee to Chump's stomach, while the other delivered an elbow slam to the upper left side of his chest. The original Bernadette was right behind, swinging powerful right hook at Chump.

*WHAM*

The powerful hit barely caused Chump to budge as he took the hit with seemingly no effect. Bernadette and her duplicates took a step back as she shook her right hand. "Ow."

Luke grinned when he saw Shift suddenly appear. "F- Yeah." He kept the telepath tight, sure he could not stop him from using his powers, but he could make him an easier target for his robotic friend.

"Thanks..." He smiled at Shift. Now he certainly had many question for Shift, given that they had been away for so long, but those could wait, perhaps a bit longer.

When it felt like Cas was no longer a threat, the young man very unceremoniously tossed him aside like a sack of potatoes. After all, no matter what, he wasn't there for him. 

On 12/15/2023 at 9:28 PM, Kaede Kimura said:

She spoke up quietly, her voice sounding worn and tired, "Fýrdraca, please don't make me fight you. Just let him go." She spread her arms, like she wanted him to come give her a hug. 

"We don't need to fight... not anymore..." Now, perhaps with the corner of his eyes, he had noticed that whatever dark magic connected Sebastian with Muirne hadn't dissipated, but in truth, the nineteen years old had barely registered that.  He closed the distance between himself and Muirne and went to give her one of his trademarked bear-hugs (or dragon hugs perhaps?). 

"It's ok, you're safe now..." He smiled and his gaze went to met her own. "God if I missed you..." He continued softly.

Shadowborne

Muirne's choked sob turned to an animal scream of rage as her hands clutched at Luke's back, spear clattering to the ground. The cry petered out as her worn voice failed her. Aoife pulled the shadows back,  coating herself in a partial transformation. She could feel him, she could sense Casanova's life, and the link he had made with her power. She would end them both in one swoop. Her hand stretched out to recover her spear as she began to speak, shadows running over the weapon.p

"Ic gewille tæsan þá flæsc fram úre bān, wearg." Her eyes were clenched shut, hot tears soaking into Luke's shirt as she began, a whisper at first, but quickly gaining volume. "I swear, upon everything I still have that I will have my revenge! DO YOU HEAR ME, SHIELDS!?" Despite her closed eyes she still knew where he was, able to detect his lifeforce. "I SWEAR ON MY PARENTS GRAVES, I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU!"

Edited by Kaede Kimura

GM

Chump takes the blow without trouble. It takes more than that to hurt him. And yet, Multi-Girl can see something in his face. He looks worried, but he doesn't look at her. He looks past her, towards Casanova. A worry that goes beyond his friend simply being knocked down.

Lo! 'tis a gala night
Within the lonesome latter years!
An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,

Toxin staggers forward still. She is angry, but it looks almost like her body is not her own still, like she still has to get used to moving on her own free will, after so long in Casanova's thrall. She is cursing, starting to open up the suit at her hands, to use the deadly touch for which she is named. She makes her intentions clear. To kill Casanova, and any in her way.

Sit in a theatre, to see
A play of hopes and fears,
While the orchestra breathes fitfully
The music of the spheres.

Sebastian Shields, Casanova, has fallen, no longer held by shadowy tendrils or the might of a dragon. He gasps on the ground. His eyes open. He is barely conscious, looking around with eyes that barely registers what he sees. He is clearly out of the fight, and yet, the strange dark tendril of energy that connects him to Shadowborne is still there. They are still connected. 

Mimes, in the form of God on high,
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly—
Mere puppets they, who come and go

Ms. Scorpion holds her nose, as she tries to keep her distance from Stormcrow. And she smiles.

At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their Condor wings
Invisible Wo!

Paper

Leon shot Nevermore a dirty look as their former ‘leader’ made some grand entrance, leaving Ms Scorpion‘s nose bloodied. He ignored Chump’s glare as Shift suddenly plowed through the roof and added to the pounding Cass was receiving. Oh, Leon didn’t give a damn about him, and really wanted to get a shot in too.

A couple of the girls seemed to snap out of Cass’s control after Shift’s smack down.

He turned his attention back to Chump as Multi-Girl tried to follow up her sucker punch.

“Don’t hurt yourself red, let Sue handle it.”

Leon gave a quick whistle and the paper once again swarmed. The paper T-Rex head shook Chump side to side then suddenly flipped the man up. The maw opened, snapped closed in an instant and the villain was gone. Swallowed and bound helpless within the body of the paper construct as the paper dinosaur once again emerged full and whole. Sue’s tail slams the floor as the giant head swings around to eye Ms Scorpion mimicking Paper as he turns his own attention to her.

Her attention was on Nevermore but the last time they had run into each other she had stabbed him with that whip and Leon owed her one for that. 

“Back off, Nevermore! I calling bids, I owe her.”

Edited by Spacefurry

The STORMCROW

Charlie smirks, dancing back and spinning out of the way of Ms. Scorpion's strike, holding his staff out to the side as he avoids it. "Go for it, Paper." He can't help himself. There's this foreboding sensation, and yet, he's still having the time of his life, back in the thick of it with his friends, no matter how annoyed they might be at him. "And I got no idea who this Nevermore is, but he sounds handsome. I'm Stormcrow.

Moving away, he holds his staff out behind him, as he holds a hand out towards Toxin. "C'mon, don't do that. Shields and Scorpion are jerks, we all agree on that, but killing isn't going to solve this, right?"

GM

Despite the fact that Sebastian Shields is lying on the ground, and that those under his control are freed, the foreboding feeling remains. Something is still very wrong. The dark tendrils of shadowy energy of the Schattenwelt still connects him to Shadowborne.

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore,
By a crowd that seize it not,

"N-no, yo-you bill nod..." She lashes out, cracking her whip, but Stormcrow danced out of the way, seeing the strike coming before she even made it. She shakes her head, doing her best to remain standing, to stay in the fight, even as Paper begins to approach her. She is barely standing, but there is still a wicked smile on her lips.

Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

The paper dinosaur chews on Chump, keeping him tight, keeping him held deep within, and yet, hardened by Paper's magic as it might be, it is still paper, and Chump's strength is something else entirely. There is a tearing and ripping sound, paper being torn to shreds as he tears through the construct. It takes effort, sure, but it has no chance against him as he yells "Get this damn thing off me!"

But see, amid the mimic rout
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!

Chump falls to the ground and rolls, quickly getting up, he rushes through the fight, past Toxin and to Casanova's side, where he stops, staring down at his friend, with fear in his eyes, as he clenches his fist, while the shadowy energy begins to wrap around Sebastian Shields' form. 

It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And the angels sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Shift

Things were better than they had been a few seconds ago, but the young android sensed the fight was far from over. Chunk moving to Sebastian's side was probably not a good thing, so Shift moved to neutralize the more durable opponent. She looked like she was about to do a somersault, but instead her nanomass tumbled like a giant Slinky toy, reforming into her female shape right next to Chunk. Then her arms and legs abruptly snapped around his torso, joined shortly thereafter by two more pairs of limbs that slid out of her torso. In this position, it was quite clear Pol weighed well over six hundred pounds.

"Stay. Put."

On 12/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, Thevshi said:

A couple of the duplicates that had been fighting Ghule took a few steps back from her, holding their hands up in front of them to indicate they were no longer going to attack her. "Ye were bein' mind controlled." One of the pair said to the confused Ghule.

"By that slimeball." Stated the other, pointing to the unconscious form of Shields.

Ghule

Ghule was still very confused, but what the duplicating heroine made sense - she didn't remember how she got here, and her powers had been activated without her knowledge. Rage boiled inside her - how dare he use her in his evil schemes? But there were more important things to consider, namely the superhero battle that was going on around her! 

"I believe you," she said to Multi-Girl. "We'll talk after the fight - I think I recognize you from the news. Just tell the cops I'm a superhero when they show up, okay?" She turned her gaze to the fight around her, and tried to focus on something other than her anger and confusion. She drew in a deep breath, and released it slowly. 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:58 AM, RocketLord said:

GM

Toxin breathes heavily, stumbling slightly as she looks around. Her breath is heavy, fogging up the face plate, making it even more difficult to see her face. The way she moves, it is almost like a puppet with the strings cut, like whatever was keeping her up, whatever was controlling her, is just... gone.

She curses loudly, as she turns to stare in the direction of Shift and Nightscale, before her eyes turn to Ms. Scorpion. "What did you do? What the hell did you make us do!?"

Toxin starts moving towards Ms. Scorpion on uneasy steps, stumbling, though her murderous intent is clear.

There. Not one to bandy words, Ghule charged towards Toxin, and as she ran, the bone-axes on her hands morphed with a crackling sound into bludgeons, which resembled boxing gloves made of layered bone. Her leather duster flapped behind her as she ran, and she leapt into the air, holding both her hands over her head, ready to bring them down on Toxin's head. It wouldn't kill her, but Toxin would definitely feel it in the morning!

"Say goodnight!"

GM

The bone glove smacks into Toxin's armored face. There is a cracking sound, and she slowly turns to look at Ghule. The look in her eyes behind the dirty visor is a mix of pain, anger and fear.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,

"You don't understand! He has to die! He's..." She stops and stares at Ghule, then reach out, a burning touch from her hand as she yells. "To hell with you! Get out of my way!"

Acid burns from where Toxin opened her suit, pressing her hand against Ghule's abdomen, where it begins to burn through clothes and flesh.

The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm.

Multi-Girl

Bernadette and her duplicates were trying to take in all that was going on in the chaotic scene. While there were a lot less combatants now, things just seemed to be getting more chaotic. Muirne was shouting about wanting to kill Shields (which the Irish teen could totally understand), Luke was trying to comfort her (good for him) and the others were focusing on the bad guys that were still standing. And then there were the shadow tendrils between Murine and Sheilds and whatever that poem sounding off was.

The two duplicates that had been talking with Ghule both gave sighs of relief when she stood down from them and then went after Toxin. But one of the two did look too the other. "When have we ever been on ta news?"

The original Bernadette decided that perhaps it might be best to try to remove Chump from this so as Shift grappled the strong man, the red head began to close again to look for an opening to try to knock him out. "Try ta hold him still!" She said to Shift as Chump attempted to struggle against now multi-limbed android. When Bernadette thought she saw an opening she took a step forward and started to swing at the side of Chump's chin. But then he twisted again and Shift came into the path of the punch, causing Bernadette to pull it back suddenly and mess up the timing completely.

Meanwhile another of her duplicates had moved over to where Toxin was fighting Ghule. "Look, besides him just bein' a grad A creep, why ya so keen on killin' Shields?"

"It's ok, you are safe now." Luke smiled softly as he held Muirne tight in his arms. For the young man the rest of the world had disappeared, there was just his girl and she needed him there. 

On 12/19/2023 at 9:23 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

"Ic gewille tæsan þá flæsc fram úre bān, wearg." Her eyes were clenched shut, hot tears soaking into Luke's shirt as she began, a whisper at first, but quickly gaining volume. "I swear, upon everything I still have that I will have my revenge! DO YOU HEAR ME, SHIELDS!?" Despite her closed eyes she still knew where he was, able to detect his lifeforce. "I SWEAR ON MY PARENTS GRAVES, I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU!"

The young man could sense her tensing up against him. He clenched his fists, anger raising at the thought of the woman he loved being so hurt, her tears filling him with rage. In truth, he was tempted to join her in her cry for revenge, but he could not allow himself to. Not for shield, obviously the guy deserved all the punishment he got coming his way, but for her... 

"Hey..." He spoke softly. "He can't harm anyone anymore you... " 

He tensed his muscles, he hated the idea of having to fight against the woman he loved... He would not, in fact and yet, at the same time, he knew that if she made true of her words and killed Shield, she would never forgive herself and he could not allow that.

"I know you are there...  You can control this.... Just.... please... don't do this... I can't let you..." 

Edited by Nerdzul

Shadowborne 

Aoife couldn't hold back another shuddering sob, a part of her yearning to stay in Luke's arms. But she couldn't, she had to stop Cas' plan from succeeding and extract her revenge.

He had to die.

She exhaled a shuddering breath before plunging through the Schattenwelt, wreathing her spear in shadows even as she leapt, transferring back to the normal world as she swung the spear down...

Into Luke's chest.

Her eyes widen as she sees his blood.

And the shadow tendril between her and Casanova breaks.

GM

Toxin stares wildly at Multi-Girl while she struggles with Ghule, trying to push the zombie girl away with her touch. "He took everything! He made me do horrible things! He's... he's..." She is struggling, like something is keeping her from saying what she is trying to say. "He is... the... they made us. Scorpion, she... they are using..." She stops again and screams in frustration. "He has to die! It's the only way to stop it!" 

The green flames flicker. There is a noise outside, like a low dull roar. The people on the ground around them begin to stir.

And the angels, all pallid and wan,

The moment that Shadowborne's spear pierces Nightscale's skin, the shadow tendril that connected Casanova and Shadowborne breaks. First, it breaks into smaller pieces, then they begin to fade, like smoke that disappears and fades away, caught on the wind.

The dragon's blood drips to the ground. 

The green flames go out.

Uprising, unveiling, affirm

The Stormcrow looks around, his eyes go wide under his visor. He knew they were planning something, but not this. 

Everyone that had been unconscious on the ground rises, the men and women in rags, Bluejay. They all move as one, in complete sync, climbing to their feet.

The ground is rumbling, cracks beginning to form

That the play is the tragedy, "Man,"

The doors leading into the warehouse are pushed open. And moving as one, a mob begins to fill into the room. 

"'e's 'omin'..." Ms. Scorpion whispers, holding her hands over her mouth, blood still flowing from her broken nose. "'es 'ere..." She is positively giddy, even as she struggles to remain standing. 

Casanova opens his eyes.

And its hero

The ground breaks next to Casanova.

A spindly arm stretches up. Tattered clothes. Rotting flesh. Nails black with dirt. 

The fingers slam down, digging into the ground. Another arm does the same.

Paper, Stormcrow, Multi-Girl, Ghule, Nightscale and Shadowborne stand surrounded on all sides by the newcomers. Toxin and Chump has stopped struggling, simply staring at the spindy figure as it pulls itself out of the hole and climbs to its feet.

Pale, rotting skin. Loose, jeans tied around its thin waist with a piece of string. No shoes. A hoodie filled with stains and holes. Maybe it was once grey? The hood is pulled up. The arms have been ripped off the hoodie, showing the long, thin arms, filled with cuts and bruises, the pale flesh never healed. Long dark hair falls out of the hood, and what was once a man smiles a smile with rotting teeth.

the Conqueror Worm.

Edited by RocketLord

Paper

Paper rolls his eyes when Stormcrow declared himself, then turns his full attention to Ms Scorpion.

“Well now, I think it’s time for a rematch.”

He smirks. Paper strips curl out from his belt, twisting and folding into his grips. A moment later, two identical whips snaked out to wicked looking tips. He gives one a sharp snap and it cracks like thunder.

Before he can do anything though he flinchs as Chump rips out of Sue’s belly. Paper glares daggers in his direction as the man runs for his boss. That would have to wait. He was about to have his hands full for a minute.

“Still got a little scar from you. Maybe I can return the favor.”

He threatens turning back to Ms Scorpion.

A scream erupts from the cluster of friends and foes halfway across the spacious room, but Paper ignores it. But he can’t ignore the sudden shaking of, well, everything that follows.

He chances a glance back, unsure what’s happening. Scorpion’s gleeful, giddiness are really starting to get on his nerves.

“Oh my god! Will you just shut your trap!”

He yells at her. All around them the rag clad men and women climbed to their feet again as one.

Creepy much.

The warehouse doors fly open and more swell their ranks.

“Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.”

He growls in annoyance as his whips start to sway unconsciously in agitation.

Suddenly the sound of the concrete floor cracking echoes through the room.

“What now?”

From unknown depths a figure rises from the ground. Slowly the shape drags itself up into the fluorescent lighting of the warehouse and Paper finds himself staring at the man-like figure. Slowly, with dread beginning to settle in the pit of his stomach, the kid from the streets realizes who this is…

“F*ck me sideways…”

Paper finally manages as he stares at a literal boogeyman crawling out of the ground.

Edited by Spacefurry

Multi-Girl

Bernadette’s two duplicates had glanced at each other as Toxin gave something of a partial explanation of why she was intent on killing Shields, although it still left a lot unanswered. However, that was quickly forgotten as the original Bernadette watched with horror as Murnie went to try to stab Sheilds, and ended up stabbing Luke instead.

And then everything seemed to go mad as the poem continued to echo through the warehouse and then the unconscious foes she had knocked out earlier rose back to their feet and more people started making their way into the warehouse, crowding around them all.

Most of Bernadette's duplicates began to disappear, as she and one duplicate closed in close, almost back-to-back and moved over near Ghule and Shift, looking around them at all these people that had crowded into the warehouse, before their attention was drawn to nightmarish figure that pulled itself out of the fissure that formed near Shields.

"Oh, bugger me." Bernadette and her duplicate said in unison.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, RocketLord said:

"You don't understand! He has to die! He's..." She stops and stares at Ghule, then reach out, a burning touch from her hand as she yells. "To hell with you! Get out of my way!"

Acid burns from where Toxin opened her suit, pressing her hand against Ghule's abdomen, where it begins to burn through clothes and flesh.

The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm.

"Hey, what the - get your hands off me, asshole!" She shoves Toxin away, but it's too late, her hand has already made contact. Her leather jacket sizzles and gives off a strange odor as it starts to dissolve, and the shirt around her abdomen as well. Ghule frantically tries to brush it off, then wipes her hands on the remains of her jacket, realizing it may spread! "What did you do to me? Get it off, get it off!" She takes off her jacket and throws it aside, trying to rid herself of the acidic effect. 

On 1/10/2024 at 2:29 AM, RocketLord said:

GM

Toxin stares wildly at Multi-Girl while she struggles with Ghule, trying to push the zombie girl away with her touch. "He took everything! He made me do horrible things! He's... he's..." She is struggling, like something is keeping her from saying what she is trying to say. "He is... the... they made us. Scorpion, she... they are using..." She stops again and screams in frustration. "He has to die! It's the only way to stop it!" 

"Look, I don't know what's going on here. I believe you, but killing this dip#### isn't going to solve anything, and it'll just put you in jail. I don't know if you've ever done time before, but trust me, it's not worth it, and if I have to beat the #### out of you to prevent you from offing this guy, I will." She looked at one of Multi-Girls duplicates, as if asking for approval. "This isn't the time - " 

Ghule stops mid-sentence as she observes the terrible scene - the unconscious villains standing up, others filling the room, and...the Conquerer Worm. The sight of it fills her with a primal dread, and panic fills her mind like a hive of swarming bees. She looks to the heroes on either side of her, and bolsters her courage, that is, until she doubles over in pain. 

"####!!!" She shrieks as the acid continues to eat through her shirt, dissolving a circular hole in her clothing where Toxin touched her stomach. Her skin blisters and bubbles, and she falls to the ground, rolling in pain. "Just...give me a minute." she says to the other heroes, downplaying her agony. 

Shadowborne 

Aoife's hand numbly releases the shaft of the spear she had embedded in Luke's chest, breathlessly trying to deny what she had done as tears continued to claw their way down her pallid cheeks. She felt sick, nausea borne of horror swimming through her.

Covering her mouth with her hand to keep her gorge from rising she falls to her knees with the shaking, watching the creature crawl from the fissure. Muirne and Aoife both stared at the nightmare born of their power, fear, disgust and self-loathing pouring from them both. They had to stop this, make up for the harm they had caused to godt who they loved, and everyone else hurt on the way here.

Luke's eyes pleaded for Muirne to stop one last time, but alas it was for naught. He could see the suffering in the gaze of the woman he loved and, truth to be told, the young man hated Cas even more for what he had done. And yet... He could not allow her to regret this for all her life.

At first he grasped to stop the offensive of the shadow spear, but Muirne was fast, too fast and slippery like a shadow, in the end there was little else he could do than shield the villain with his flesh. He grunted as the weapon forged in otherwordly darkness pierced through his skin, cutting through dragonscale like it was nothing. The violence of the impact stopped any momentum he might have had as the weapon embedded itself into his flank awing blood. 

He gritted his teeth and braced for the next strike, but none came, in fact, Muirne knelt on the ground. 

"Hey..." Luke muttered between breaths... "It's ok... I am ok..." He forced a smile. "Just... Don't-" He leaned closer, holding the wounded flank with his right arm.

The ground seemed to shake under his feet. "What the f-" Green flames surrounded him as his blood hit the ground. A summoning of some kind.

Adrenaline still pumping the young man stared at the newcomer. A villain of ages past and an undead one too boot. "Freakin' zombies..." He took a deep breath and clenched his fists. 

Closing his eyes, Luke called for his supernatural soul to come to the surface, obsidian scales melted on his flesh as he assumed his reptilian form, the monster, once fully formed, coiled around Muirne, as if to protect her with his frame.

Edited by Nerdzul

Shift

It was debatable as to which event hit Pol harder: seeing Shadowborne stab Luke with a spear, or the realization that the pair were obviously in a relationship. She shouldn't be surprised, of course; she'd been out of commission for 2 years, and Luke was a handsome young man attending high school. And it wasn't like she'd ever made it clear that she liked him; after all, she was still trying to sort out human emotions when she was last at Claremont. With an internal sigh, she moved all the letters she'd written to him during her downtime into the 'recycle bin' and deleted them.

Time for a fresh start.

Of course, all of this had taken but a few seconds while she simultaneously did a search through her data banks on this creature, but her files were pretty thin. In the meantime, she adjusted her grip on Chump and waited to see what's next.

Edited by Heritage