Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told many times that Wesley's background "Xzibit chokes some white kid" is not comic book-like and very unheroic. Please remove the picture and change his background to:

Wesley is a mutant with a dark secret in his past which he seeks to escape. Freedom City gives him a new lease on life to do good with his new condition.

Updated by MBCE

I've been told many times that Wesley's background "Xzibit chokes some white kid" is not comic book-like and very unheroic. Please remove the picture and change his background to:

Wesley is a mutant with a dark secret in his past which he seeks to escape. Freedom City gives him a new lease on life to do good with his new condition.

I removed the picture but did you want to remove the whole history section and replace it with the above section?

Updated by MBCE

Small book keeping issue: I recently did the Character Questionnaire for Malice and he hasn't gotten that point added on to his total yet.

As I have no idea what I want to spend it on yet, that's it for now. Thanks!

Well, considering you posted it on Dec 16th and that we have yet to give out Dec pp awards, you can understand why he hasn't gotten it yet. ;)

Thanks for the update though. We'll make sure he gets his point for the work.

Change Quark's weight to 105. The average (D&D 3.5) female elf is 5'0" 105 lbs (according to the random height/weight chart), and they're waify. At 90 pounds Quark is probably undernourished :shock:

Quark has 9pp to spend.

Remove his innate sleep immunity. Why? Because it's random and doesnt make sense for the character :P

Quark has 11pp to spend.

Add the Inventor feat. Quark was supposed to have/already has this. Player error.

Quark has 10pp to spend

Changing up The Quark Suit a bit. It shall now be...

Device 7 (Morphic Device; Hard to Lose, 31/35 points) [28pp]

Container 6 (30 points worth of effects in The Quark Suit; PFs: 1 Alternate Powers)

AP: Container 5 (25 points worth of effects in Elemental Conductors [air])

Elemental Conductors (air): 25pp

Move Object 6 (Extra: Damaging, Range/Perception; Power Feat: Precise)

I'll also have to take the AP'd Blast off the Mimic in The Quark Suit, and thus the Drawback for the Blast.

The Quark Suit: 29/30 points

Flight 4 (100 mph)

Mimic 6 (all powers at once, 30 points; Extras: Alternate Save/Toughness, Range/Ranged; Flaws: Resisted, Tainted, Unreliable [5 charges]; PFs: Accurate 31 Alternate Power)

I removed the Alternate power line here as well as updated your attack block with the move object information.

Change the drawback Action 3 (full round to put on and activate Quark Suit; -3pp) to Action 3 (full round to put on and activate Morpic Device; -3pp)

Add the drawback Action 3 (Morphic Device Array takes full round to switch; -3pp)

Quark has 8pp to spend.

Updated by MBCE

Arrowhawk seems to have several mistakes on his sheet.

He is listed as having 158 pp spent at the top of the sheet, but 157 pp at the bottom. From the adding, he seems to have 157 pp. However, he has 8 pp spent on saves, but is listed as having spent 9 pp, dropping his cost to 156 pp. So, in summary, I'm not sure how much he currently has spent or how much he has to spend.

Could someone help me fix him up here? :love:

also, I noticed several people have elaborated more heavily on their complications, so I thought, "If it helps the refs give me Hero Points..."

Complications:

Hatred/Obsession (organised crime): The mob killing several students when he was at university led to John Fraser becoming the Arrowhawk. They've also consistently tried to kill him over his crime-fighting career. Thus, his hatred of them makes it difficult for him to trust someone who has been too heavily involved with the mob in the past, regardless of whether they still retain that connection. The obsession has also distracted him from other things like a love life, friends, family, work and in general anything beyond being Arrowhawk.

Honour (won't use guns): Firearms sicken Arrowhawk. He refuses to sink to the level of criminals by using one, and condemns openly those who use them, even if they are his allies. This has become a larger problem since his move to America, where the police carry guns, a fact he is not used to and believes to be wrong. Arrowhawk is psychologically incapable of using a gun despite knowing how to, and would be unable to use one to defend himself even if he had no other choice.

Rivalry (Bowman): In past trips to Freedom City, Arrowhawk established a friendly rivalry with the Bowman, and each frequently seek to out-do the other in archery and close combat skills. However, despite this deeply competitive attitude, both deeply respect and trust the other.

Secret (identity): John Fraser is characterised differently from Arrowhawk by being a lot more quiet and submissive than the aggressive, forceful vigilante. To allow himself privacy and a measure of a social life (should he ever use that option...), he keeps the two identities apart and doesn't wear any of his costume on his person besides a bullet-proof vest.

Arrowhawk is also at risk at running out of arrows, but this should rarely happen except in protracted battles where he can expend large numbers of them, or in remote areas where he is unable to replenish his supplies.

Updated by MBCE

• 2 weeks later...

Arrowhawk seems to have several mistakes on his sheet.

He is listed as having 158 pp spent at the top of the sheet, but 157 pp at the bottom. From the adding, he seems to have 157 pp. However, he has 8 pp spent on saves, but is listed as having spent 9 pp, dropping his cost to 156 pp. So, in summary, I'm not sure how much he currently has spent or how much he has to spend.

Could someone help me fix him up here? :love:

Went back over the records and here are the numbers. Sept 3pps, Oct 4pps, Nov 1pp. Which brings you to a total of 158pps. Your save total was off by one dropping it to 8pp which puts your total cost at 156pp/158pp. Hope that helps.

also, I noticed several people have elaborated more heavily on their complications, so I thought, "If it helps the refs give me Hero Points..."

Updated by MBCE

I believe everyone's settled, except Leffa's pic.

I've got a point unspent for Dr. A, and I already know what to spend it on: skills. Specifically, languages. During his interactions with Quark, he's realized/remembered that he never did get around to studying any Indo-Iranian languages (or a few other language groups), something he would like to do (as part of his "Scientist of the World" thing). So, add 4 ranks in Language (Arabic, Hindi, Spanish, and Urdu), making the entry in his skills look like this:

Language 8 (Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Urdu; German is native)

Updated

I believe everyone's settled, except Leffa's pic.

I've got a point unspent for Dr. A, and I already know what to spend it on: skills. Specifically, languages. During his interactions with Quark, he's realized/remembered that he never did get around to studying any Indo-Iranian languages (or a few other language groups), something he would like to do (as part of his "Scientist of the World" thing). So, add 4 ranks in Language (Arabic, Hindi, Spanish, and Urdu), making the entry in his skills look like this:

Language 8 (Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Urdu; German is native)

Updated by MBCE

Quark has 11pp

Intelligence +2! Why? He's been hanging around Doc. Listening to Doc will make you smart!

Quark has 9 points left

Computers +1

Craft (electronic) +1

Craft (mechanical) +1

Disable Device +1

Knowledge (arcane lore) +1

Knowledge (physical sciences) +1

Knowledge (technology) +1

Why? Because he's used everyone of thse skills directly or indirectly.

Quark has 7.25 points

Remove Disability (-1 toughness; -1). Why? Because he's starting to fill out a little more. (Also increase his weight to 110 lbs so he's about the size/weight of the average [D&D 3.5] male elf)

Quark has 6.25 points left

Big changes coming up next post :o

Quark's power section should look like this:

Powers: 54pp

Device 7 (Morphic Device; Hard to Lose, 35 points) 28pp

Device 5 (Protection Undersuit, 25 points, hard to lose) 20pp

Device 2 (Quark Tech PDA, 10 points, easy to lose) 6pp

Change the Morphic Device to look like this:

Morphic Device: 35 points

Container 6 (The Quark Suit; Power Feat: Alternate Power 5): Flight 3, Mimic 7 (all powers at once, 35 points; Extras: Alternate Save/Toughness, Range/Ranged; Flaws: Resisted, Tainted, Unreliable [5 charges]; Power Feats: Accurate 3)

AP: Container 6 (Elemental Conductors [air]; 29/30 points): Move Object 7 (Extras: Range/Perception, Damaging; Power Feat: Precise)

AP: Container 6 (Nothing)

And now for the big one!

Empowerment 1 (Extra: Affects Objects; Flaw: Objects Only; Power Feat: Innate)

Power Loss (Empowerment; must have techmagus tools; -1)

This is Quark's ability to upgrade anything. He can make a car fly! He can make a sword sharper and and more balanced! He can make custom device even more custom! This is a semi-magical effect as he is putting part of his will into the object, so it's sustained. With the drawback, this power takes a Hero Point to use.

Quark has 11pp

Intelligence +2! Why? He's been hanging around Doc. Listening to Doc will make you smart!

Quark has 9 points left

Computers +1

Craft (electronic) +1

Craft (mechanical) +1

Disable Device +1

Knowledge (arcane lore) +1

Knowledge (physical sciences) +1

Knowledge (technology) +1

Why? Because he's used everyone of thse skills directly or indirectly.

Quark has 7.25 points

Remove Disability (-1 toughness; -1). Why? Because he's starting to fill out a little more. (Also increase his weight to 110 lbs so he's about the size/weight of the average [D&D 3.5] male elf)

Quark has 6.25 points left

Big changes coming up next post :o

I'm going to hold of making these edits for Quark until you complete your placement test thread.

Also, you would prefer that you spend all of the point and not keep ".25" in the pocket. If you're going to increase your skills, spend the 4 ranks.

Quark's power section should look like this:

Powers: 54pp

Device 7 (Morphic Device; Hard to Lose, 35 points) 28pp

Device 5 (Protection Undersuit, 25 points, hard to lose) 20pp

Device 2 (Quark Tech PDA, 10 points, easy to lose) 6pp

Change the Morphic Device to look like this:

Morphic Device: 35 points

Container 6 (The Quark Suit; Power Feat: Alternate Power 5): Flight 3, Mimic 7 (all powers at once, 35 points; Extras: Alternate Save/Toughness, Range/Ranged; Flaws: Resisted, Tainted, Unreliable [5 charges]; Power Feats: Accurate 3)

AP: Container 6 (Elemental Conductors [air]; 29/30 points): Move Object 7 (Extras: Range/Perception, Damaging; Power Feat: Precise)

And now for the big one!

Empowerment 1 (Extra: Affects Objects; Flaw: Objects Only; Power Feat: Innate)

Power Loss (Empowerment; must have techmagus tools; -1)

This is Quark's ability to upgrade anything. He can make a car fly! He can make a sword sharper and and more balanced! He can make custom device even more custom! This is a semi-magical effect as he is putting part of his will into the object, so it's sustained. With the drawback, this power takes a Hero Point to use.

I'm going to wait until you finish the placement test thread before making these edits.

I noticed some mistakes on my character sheet, The Ghost, that need to corrected as well as wanting to spend my 8pps.

First off, my total pps should be 117, not 120.

It should be like this:

Power Level: PL 8 (117 PPs)

I would like to spend 4pps to increase his Def from +6 to +8.

It should look like this:

Combat: 12pps

BAB: +2

Grapple: +2

BDB: +8 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -3, -0 without Force Field

Initiative: +1

His saves have an error. His Reflex save needs to be changed. from +4(+1 Dex,+4) to +4(+1 Dex,+3).

Saves: 8pps

Toughness: +7 (+2 without Force Field)

Fortitude: +4 (+2 Con, +2)

Reflex: +4 (+1 Dex,+3)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

I would like to spend his last 4pps to increase his Probability array from 6 ranks to 7 ranks. This raises his Blast from 5 to 6 as well.

Powers: 58 (See below for descriptors)

Concealment 8 (all visual, auditory, radio; Flaw: Limited to Machines) 8pps

Force Field 5 (Extra: Duration/Continuous; PF: Subtle) 11pps

Probability Control 7 (PF: 1 Alternate Power) 29pps

AP: Blast 6 (Extras: Penetrating, Range/Perception; PFs: Indirect, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2 [any coincidence])

Super Movement 3 (Permeate 2 [Half speed; Extra: Affects Others], Trackless 1 [Flaw]) 7pps

Super-Senses 5 (Danger Sense [mental], X-ray vision (not through gold); Flaw: Limited/Only while Permeating for X-Ray Vision) 3pps

This brings his totals up to 117/117

Costs: Abilities (12) + Combat (12) + Saves (08) + Skills (22) + Feats (05) + Powers (58) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 117 / 117

Thanks.

I noticed some mistakes on my character sheet, The Ghost, that need to corrected as well as wanting to spend my 8pps.

First off, my total pps should be 117, not 120.

It should be like this:

Power Level: PL 8 (117 PPs)

I would like to spend 4pps to increase his Def from +6 to +8.

Combat: 12pps

BAB: +2

Grapple: +2

BDB: +8 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -3, -0 without Force Field

Initiative: +1

His saves have an error. His Reflex save needs to be changed. from +4(+1 Dex,+4) to +4(+1 Dex,+3).

Saves: 8pps

Toughness: +7 (+2 without Force Field)

Fortitude: +4 (+2 Con, +2)

Reflex: +4 (+1 Dex,+3)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

I would like to spend his last 4pps to increase his Probability array from 6 ranks to 7 ranks. This raises his Blast from 5 to 6 as well.

Powers: 58 (See below for descriptors)

Concealment 8 (all visual, auditory, radio; Flaw: Limited to Machines) 8pps

Force Field 5 (Extra: Duration/Continuous; PF: Subtle) 11pps

Probability Control 7 (PF: 1 Alternate Power) 29pps

AP: Blast 6 (Extras: Penetrating, Range/Perception; PFs: Indirect, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2 [any coincidence])

Super Movement 3 (Permeate 2 [Half speed; Extra: Affects Others], Trackless 1 [Flaw]) 7pps

Super-Senses 5 (Danger Sense [mental], X-ray vision (not through gold); Flaw: Limited/Only while Permeating for X-Ray Vision) 3pps

This brings his totals up to 117/117

Costs: Abilities (12) + Combat (12) + Saves (08) + Skills (22) + Feats (05) + Powers (58) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 117 / 117

Thanks.

Update by Doc

A few edits for the gobsmacking Geckoman...

In hind-sight, he's a bit too tough. I see him more as a ducking and diving type than someone who rolls with a hit, so I'd like to swap out one rank in Defensive Roll for one rank in Dodge Focus.

I'd also like to bring him up by 1 pp in skills, with +1 to Bluff, +1 to Notice and +1 to both Craft skills. The final pp I'd like to spend on bringing his Charisma up from 16 to 17.

A few edits for the gobsmacking Geckoman...

In hind-sight, he's a bit too tough. I see him more as a ducking and diving type than someone who rolls with a hit, so I'd like to swap out one rank in Defensive Roll for one rank in Dodge Focus.

I'd also like to bring him up by 1 pp in skills, with +1 to Bluff, +1 to Notice and +1 to both Craft skills. The final pp I'd like to spend on bringing his Charisma up from 16 to 17.

Updated by Doc