Player Away Thread

Barnum

Sunday I move into school. It's gonna be a long day without much chance to post. Saturday I will most likely be packing most of the day, but I might get on at some point. Just a heads up on a predicted absence, that's all. Also, classes start Monday, so god only knows what that means for my availability.

Ditto

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My computer got hit by a very nasty virus on Friday night, and I am very much afraid of losing lots of writing and creative material on the hard drive. Needless to say, I will be unable to access from home for the near future, so it will have to be libraries and Kinko's for a bit.

Like quote I am all settled in, and the move went quite well for me, so naturally there has to be some bad news in order to counter balance this.

I do not have my own computer here at college so I am forced to use the computers in the library. This means my appearances on the boards shall be quite a bit more spotty. But I endeavor to still be here quite often.

I'm going to be gone all Labor Day weekend. I'll probably be 'net-less Friday evening, and will definitely be offline all Saturday and Sunday. Should be back sometime Monday evening.

Also, October 1st-4th, I will be on little if at all. The 1st if when my wife gets surgery on her Achilles tendon, and I'll be spending the next few days afterwards being comically overconcerned for her.

Okay I finally got all the kinks worked out on the computer so I finally have internet access from my room. The downside however is that this computer is very, very slow. Also, due to the current layout of my scedule, I won't be on too often on Tuesday and Thursdays as those day are when the majority of my classes are.

First, I apologize for being gone the past couple of months. My laptop, which contained a majority of my school work, MnM material, and other more personal data, died on me. I have been netless and compless for a while.

If my char was dropped, I have no problem making a new one, if not, then I am fully prepared to re-take the mantle.

I'm back at school now, but classes are mainly tuesdays and thursdays, so I can at the very least come around once a day.

-josh

If my char was dropped, I have no problem making a new one, if not, then I am fully prepared to re-take the mantle.

Characters don't get "dropped" or deleted around here. They just get archived. The Refs can always blow the dust off them and pull them back out of the closet.

So the guys at the Geek Squad let me know that both the power supply and motherboard of my Dell Dimension 2300 have gone bad, and that I can either order the parts and have them replaced or buy a new machine with magical Vista and a free upgrade to Windows 7 when that comes out next month. My IT-savvy sister has offered to help with the install if I go that route, and my hard drive appears to be intact, so data transfer should be alright. No matter what, more money than I want to spend right now :(

Never trust the geek squad with more than a diagnosis with your computer!

I should know, I used to work for them. My advice would be to grab a nice shiny new computer. Motherboards are EXPENSIVE and adding a power supply to the list of things to repair will only add to the cost. You would probably make out alright just buying a new computer. Not to mention you get a free upgrade to windows 7! :o

Hope this message reaches you in time to help you decide! Can't wait to have you back!

Q

• 2 weeks later...

Wife's surgery went well, though the nerve block is still in effect so her leg's still numb. Should be wearing off tonight, then we'll see how much pain shell be in.

The cats are confused.

First follow-up visit today. She's healing very well, almost no swelling. Stitches come out next Monday.

And it turns out she got two Comic Book Science! procedures. In addition to bombarding her tendon with high-frequency radio waves, her tendon was also bathed in a healing salve... made from her own blood! (They removed some of her blood, centrifuged it, took her platelets and mixed them with a few other things, then poured the mixture over her tendon after bombarding it with electromagnetic energy.)

The cats are less confused, and are getting back to their regular routine. Which involves sleeping all day and running around like lil' idiots all night long, keeping the wife up. Especially when they leap over her.