Never Was (OOC)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last couple days and for the next two weeks, I'm at a place with really bad connectivity. Posting success rate is low, and linking to rolls has been 100% failure rate. Ironically, I have a lot of time in my hands, but posting may continue to be spotty for me for a bit. 

Round Two

42 Velocity (unharmed)

33 Blue Bolt 4 HP (unharmed)

23 Sever 3 HP (unharmed)

21 Timeout 4 HP (unharmed)

21 Gamma Buzz 2 HP (unharmed)

18 Rot 4 HP (unharmed)

16 Torpedo Lass II  3 HP (unharmed)

14 Giant Mummy (unharmed)

11 Spaceman 4 HP (unharmed)

6 Golden Star 2 HP (unharmed)

Okay, in the interest of getting this initial encounter resolved, going to push things forward some with Lawrence realizing that the tampering with the timeline is that the other heroes that are supposed to be showing up are not around.

Velocity runs up to attack the mummy and hits with a 29! (almost a critical hit, no improved critical for teen Velocity), but, no effect.

She then runs back near where she started, trying to keep its attention.

@Kaede Kimura Blue Bolt's turn!

That's definitely better than getting no save, but still a bit clunky. The M&M gimmick of robots and undead having 0 Constitution scores is pretty cute, but I'm not convinced it's worth it from a game design perspective, compared to handling it with descriptors, select immunities and drawbacks or limitations like "can't recover" etc. 

Well, you don't HAVE to make a robot with 0 CON, but most do. And to get that it costs 30PP for the Immunity to Fortitude effects (of course, you get 10PP for the base 10 CON that is reduced to 0)

If I could get your IC post then we can move on.