Moving In – Girls (IC, Open)

Thevshi

Carmen "La Puma Negra"

Carmen lay there like a slug; it was only defense as she still laid there in her defeat. Her body was slowly inching towards her room, ever so slowly, like a snake caught outside it's rock and less like a cat. It was barely noticeable at first, but Carmen was already a quarter way towards her room by the steps, a total distance of only five feet in length and she had already met part of it. This moral defeat had fried her brain, making the young cat woman numb to everything until a sort of strange stench began to waif into the room. Something was wrong, rotten if you will as it soon flooded into her super feline senses.

It was worse when metal objects, pots and pans for some reason, landed right next to her. Carmen would go from laying there like she was dead to on all fours with one agile jump, spooked by the sudden noise, "¡Eh! ¡Míralo!"

Starshine

Rosalind listened to the newcomer with some interest, it was always cool to come across people with powers however weird and wonderful. She often had to remind herself that she had power, or a little chirp would remind her instead.

How bad exactly? Because my bracelets project and energy field so we might be able to touch, without touching…” she held up her free arm and the bracelet projected a subtly yellow field along her arm and hand

“… I mean if you want, not right this moment obviously. We’re not talking zero to full hugs straight away, um I’m going to stand back here and let you get settled in…!” she suddenly felt a little self-conscious she’d maybe be a little too forward.

Rot

Consuelo is a bit rattled by Rosalind getting up so close all of a sudden, not to mention the jumping cat person. "No, the, uh actual damage is gradual unless I focus on accelerating it. It's just I like literally give off these vibes that make people feel really uncomfortable. Thanks, the cookie is good." But Consuelo continues to back away from Rosalind up the stairwell, closer to grown-up Eira.

"You are a robot? Oh, that's great, Eira. Whew!" Consuelo's tension level relaxed a few steps. Bernadette, well the . . . original Bernadette anyway, seems to actually be trying to give me a little social distancing, and Eira's a robot! I might actually meet two people today that won't hate me immediately! "Uh, actually, could you just slip the card in the side pouch of my duffle bag? I don't do really well with cards." She squints at the card through the mesh pocket. "Hmm, Katastroffic, um, okay. Well, maybe you can tell me what the machine in my room was later, like when you're feeling ready, I guess." She flies up closer to grown-up Eira and whispers to her: "Hey, um, are you, like, from the same place as RoboLawyer3000?"

Bernadette's question about her real name gives Consuelo pause. "Hmm. Yeah. I was kind of confused about that. I just got this super suit, like with the mask," and she unnecessarily gestures to her domino mask. "So I was thinking maybe I should use my hero name. But, uh, the guy that drove me here said I was registered under my hero name and my real name separately here, so I could keep a secret identity. But I totally don't get how that would work, because, couldn't someone just check the records, and put two and two together and figure out who I am? And like, you guys will see me a lot probably, so having my identity secret seems kinda impractical, you know?" Completely unspoken goes the fact that green dreadlocks may be a dead giveaway of secret identity to anyone not colorblind and with one not-blind eye.

"So, I guess you can just call me . . . Suelo?"

OOC @ proximity effects:

Spoiler

All of Rot's powers and drawbacks have the medium descriptor of "inter-dimensional", so it is possible that some abilities could block her revulsion aura, but they might be rare. Impervious Willpower, Immunity to Emotional Effects, or Immunity to Inter-dimensional Effects seem like good candidates for blocking it. Barring that, it would likely be a DC 17 Willpower Save to avoid the effects. That being said, Rot's Drawback language is intentionally vague about how it applies to PCs, in an effort to not cramp anybody's style.

(-5) Untouchable: Consuelo’s powers render her touch or even close proximity repulsive. An NPC (or PC maybe too?) that physically touches her with no more than clothing between shifts 2 attitude categories towards Hostile (DC 10+Rot’s PL Will Save to resist). Even being within Rot’s PL in feet close to her results in a 1 attitude category shift towards hostile (Same Will Save to resist). This has no effect on constructs or undead.

(-2) Why we can’t have nice things: Objects that Consuelo contacts for an extended time (clothing, chairs, mattresses, spacesuits, etc.) slowly decay away. Cumulative damage to the object is resolved as being hit by a Corrosion attack of Rank equal to the number of hours of contact, divided by 3, up to her PL. She has a super suit that redirects all this damage to sacrificial material touching the suit (usually a cloth wrap) over the course of 16 hours. Without the sacrificial material, even the super suit would soon be worn away. The suit provides no protection for other objects she touches, just the super suit itself.

"Oh, just a normal time machine," said Eira brightly. "In any event, I think I am finished here; I just needed to be here for - well, you will see." She smiled. "It was nice to see you again, Bernadette! Remember, if any of you are looking for jobs, give me a call!" With that she turned and marched smartly off on her heel, exclaiming audibly a loud "Jävla skit!!" as the stairway door closed behind her. 

By this time, Neko had climbed back into the corridor, having finished a short livestream with her fans that had (from her likes and shares) gone very well indeed. #CatgirlNeedsFriends was already trending on TikTok. Once back inside, she caught sight of the green-haired girl and of Carmen and crouched uncertainly in the windowsill, not sure what to make of all this. 

Multi-Girl

"I will be sure ta keep that in mind." Bernadette replied to Eria before the robotic heroine made her somewhat dramatic departure.

The redheaded teen then focused back on the new student. "Okay, Suelo." She replied. "I believe ye have been introduced ta everyone here…" she began before noticing that Neko had returned to the hallway. "Well, except fer Neko." The Irish teen then added, indicating the Japanese catgirl.

"Neko, come say 'ello ta Suelo, one o' the new students this year."

Rot

"Oh, wow, a time machine? Like for real? Hey, so that means the blue-haired Eira is just you from your past, right? And, like, you've known you would meet you here ever since you met you here. Crazy." Consuelo appears briefly lost in thought. 

"So, like, you must have known exactly what you were going to say, in advance. So, like, was what you just said a choice, or were you, like, compelled to do it?" But Consuelo’s question would have to wait for now, grown-up Eira having just left, via the roof access. "Huh."

"Oh wow. Two girls here are cats. Okay. I miss cats, since my powers."

"Thanks a lot, Bernadette for helping me move in. I should probably check out my room. But, uh Rosalind - do you go by Rosalind or Rosie? I know we just met, but you seem really nice, since you are giving out cookies. Um, since you can fly, I'm wondering if maybe you could help me out, like later this week?

When I told my mom I was going to Claremont, she wasn't really, uh, . . . sober. So I'm not sure she'll really remember. I'm not sure she'll believe me if I just go and tell her. But, like if you have time later this week or something, maybe you could come with me in your uniform? And then I think she would get that's is real. Just if you have time to do it, I mean."

Neko approached the green-haired girl, wrinkling her pert nose. Something definitely didn't smell right as she got closer; but she was too polite to say anything. (Plenty of people in Freedom City had very bizarre smells, after all.) She got closer still and said hesitantly "Oh, ah, hello. I am Neko Musume, welcome to Claremont Academy." 

She took a deeper scent yet - and suddenly her back went up. Her brown and white hair, which shaded towards fur on top of her head before turning into an artfully-styled ponytail in the back, stood up as she took a step away. Disgust and loathing for this hideous abomination filled her as her yellow eyes bugged wide and a low, angry growl came from the back of her throat. She raised her arms above her head, bared her pointed front teeth, and a voice like a high-pitched squeal from beyond the grave seemed to echo from all around them. 

"OMAE WA KURUSHIMUDRO , YANKIPIGGU!"

And then suddenly, mortified, she turned and ran. 

Torpedo Lass II

There was the scuffing of shoes heading up the stairs to the 5th Floor, Slowly rising up the stairs a girl no more than 5'6" with short blue hair, wearing an open bomber jacket, The bomber with the patch of a naval squadron active today on the right shoulder and... a oceanic research expedition patch under it? She seemed to have many interests as she came more into view emblazoned on her jacket. Everything from a first aid certification to the US flag, and a couple pins on the lapel of her jacket, that she bought after solving a couple escape rooms in Freedom City over the summer with her uncle. with a loose T-Shirt that read "I'd rather be SCUBA diving" on it, some loose fitting blue jeans and wearing what looked like a crew cap with the USS Carl Vinson on it on her head. The sneakers? Converse. Red. With the star. Classics.

But it was the backpack and twin dufflebags in her hands that was odd... she had to have been carrying at least 300 pounds... like nothing! The backpack was packed to military infantry size... and the duffles were massive old life raft storage dufflebags repurposed and recycled into a new use. It was awkward, but she managed just fine. She noticed Neko scurrying off and she grinned.

"Looks like I found the right floor." She stated. "Reminds me of my Uncle's cat back at the house."

Edited by The Sailor
Grammar

Rot

Consuelo winced, then shrugged as Neko dashed off. She turned to Rosalind. "See? That's what I'm talking about with my powers spooking people." She adjusts the grip on the chain on her duffle bag. The first couple links looked extra shiny now.

"Well, I should probably go check out my room." And she was about to do that, when the brawny, blue-haired student named Mizuki Iwasaki came torpedoing up the stairs, commenting sardonically about cats.

"What?!? Is the time machine back in my room now? . . . Oh, no, wait, you're like, a different blue-haired girl, whew! I'm Consuelo. Nice to meet you. But I've, like, got to get this bag in my room before my arms fall off." And with that, she flies into room 513 for the very first time and drops the bag on her bed with a groan. She leaves the door open, though, just in case anyone wants to come in. Bernadette and Rosalind seem really nice.

Consuelo unzipped the bag with an eagerness that belied her impending sarcasm. "Let's see what kind of wack outfits RoboLawyer3000 picked out for me. Hang on . . . . What's this? . . . Dude! It's like more super suits!" The excited teen quickly rifles through them. Most of the dusintegration-resistant suits are one-piece black bodysuits like she's wearing now. But she snatches a two-piece from the duffle and holds in up in front of the mirror.

Daaaang! I'm gonna be a bad bitch! All the boys are gonna be dreaming about me, yo! Setting it back in the bag, she notices a small black plastic case. Inside, there are five woven friendship bracelets, all black, and a note, which she reads.

"No way. No way. No way!" Consuelo flies out of her room at a speed way too fast to be safe for indoors. "Hey, Bernadette, wait up! Hey, uh, can I give you this?" And she offers a friendship bracelet tied of the same strange black fabric her suit is made of. "It's a friendship bracelet, but also it will like, make you immune to like the negative emotion field around me, when you wear it. Um, Rosalind . . . I got one for you too." And she holds out a tiny black bracelet for the floating, cookie-plate-holding teen surrounded by the halo of light.

Multi-Girl

Bernadette gave Consuelo a small smile and nod at her thanks for helping get her things to her room (well, a couple of the redhead's duplicated helping anyway). But that was quickly replaced by a confused look at Neko had an intense reaction to the green haired sixteen year-old and sped off down the hallway yelling something in Japanese. The Irish teen was turning back toward Consuelo to apologize when the younger girl indicated that was a reaction she was used to seeing and started off towards her room.

Glancing up at Rosalinda a moment, Bernadette instead turned to the blue haired new arrival. "Hello, welcome ta Claremont. I'm Bernadette an' this is Rosalinda." She said in greeting with a distinct Irish accent. "We're a couple o' the seniors on the floor."

But it was just then that Consuelo had flown right back beside her, making the redhead start slightly in surprise (and likely as a result of the unnerving field that emanated from the green haired teen). But just as she was starting to feel a full dose of the effect that had cause Neko to react so strongly, Consuelo had thrust a black friendship bracelet into Bernadette’s hand, which instantly began to counter the effects.

"Umm, wow, this does seem ta help." The Irish teen managed to respond as she looked at the bracelet and then back at Consuelo. Slipping the bracelet on, Bernadette found she no longer felt the strange effect around Consuelo.

Starshine

Having been a hero for a couple of years, mostly here to be fair, she was fairly used to chaotic scenes. With a quick breath, she juggled everything that she needed to deal with right now. First, she tucked the card into a safe place, as fun as scientific adventures would be it wouldn’t be today.

With a smile she offered a cookie to the newcomer, heaven knows what she’d think about all this.

It’s not normally quite so crazy around here! Let us know if you need a hand with things, I’m stronger than I look and my friend here can offer many, many, hands!”

As she spoke she slipped on the friendship bracelet, despite the protests of The Bracelet, which may be because of her or the bracelet (she could never tell) but her aura glowed a deep purple.

Hopefully It won’t do that when we meet your parents…” she smiled at Rot “… because I’ll be more than happy to help out!”

Torpedo Lass II

Mizuki smiled, taking Starshine's cookie. "Um... thanks." She said, looking over the chaotic situation. "Luckily only the first day should be this... off kilter... The green-haired girl is... energetic."

When Consuelo returned to give a bracelet to Starshine for a moment Mizuki got a feeling like someone was walking on her grave, and she was at a loss for words. When someone angers her... Mizuki's first instinct is avoidance. Get away from the one angering her. But she froze... she had NEVER met the green haired girl before and she wants to send her to lights-out town. But... why is she feeling like this?

Her feelings conflicted, she stood awkwardly.

Edited by The Sailor

Rot

When RoboLawyer3000 got Consuelo out of jail this morning, she was still in so much of a daze from the events of last night that she wasn’t able to realize what a lucky thing it was at the time. As the reality of being free and of being enrolled in Claremont gradually sunk in over the course of the day, she had begun to feel a bit giddy. Then there was the super suit. An outfit that actually wouldn’t disintegrate off her body in a matter of hours. This was literally the best thing that had happened to her in years.

But all of that seemed like small change compared to how excited she was about these weird friendship bracelets that had been stuffed in the duffle bag she had been given in the warehouse. And they actually worked! If she wasn’t in front of people right now, she would probably be crying, she was so happy. She was happy, and Bernadette and Rosalind (who had both been so friendly when she first arrived) seemed totally at ease with her now, when they wore the bracelets.

So, it was in this glow of euphoria that Consuelo Nunez, known to an insignificant smattering of officials, students, and criminals across Freedom City as the superhero Rot, almost missed entirely the look of perplexity and discomfort on the face of the new Claremont student and nautical adventurer, Mizuki Iwasaki, aka Torpedo Lass. But notice it she eventually did.

“Uh, hey, uh, other blue-haired girl. . . .” And Consuelo floats backwards to the middle of the hall. “I’m Consuelo. I kinda messed up a bit. I’ve, like, literally got this weird aura that’s kind of like emotionally repulsive. And I think I can tell by the look on your face that I flew too close to you, and you kinda got affected. I’m really sorry about that. Uh, any chance you might still tell me your name?” And she looks at Mizuki like she’s pretty much expecting to be told to go to hell.

Edited by Huckleberry
typo

Torpedo Lass II

Mizuki took a deep breath, straightening out the collar of her bomber jacket, gritting her teeth realizing this... wasn't Rot's fault. "Name's Mizuki. The press has been calling me the next "Torpedo Lass"... don't blame them as I'm sporting an exact copy of the first one's powers almost... And that aura would explain everything."

She quirked her head, setting down her bags with a thud, her eyes glowing a bit. "See... I'm usin' every ounce of willpower just to not snap your head off verbally.. and now that I understand WHY it's happening, it's helping... how in the heck do ya cope?"

She massaged her temples. "I'm gonna have such a headache when this is over with..."

Edited by The Sailor

Alone in her dorm room for the moment, Neko sat in a lotus position and mastered her fear and disgust. When she opened her eyes again, the illusory cockroaches had disappeared from the walls and the blood had started dripping down them. She looked inside herself and found the source of her reaction, a loathing and disgust for the girl outside that she'd never known before. Well maybe she had. She remembered Geisha, the foul, disgusting woman who had stood by Katana's side, the piece of city trash who could use her powers to make people hate her. And love her. It had been fitting, in the eyes of the Crimson Katana, to pair the old and the young with the similar powers together. It was only after her awakening in the present, with Geisha in a deep grave long since, that Neko had come to realize how much she loathed that woman. 

She sat alone in her room and gradually came to realize that nobody was coming. They were all talking to the new girl outside; she could hear easily enough with her keen ears. Well that was all right. She wasn't a dog who needed to be coddled; she'd only have been shamed if someone had come looking. After a time she exited by the window, climbing down the wall as easily as up it, and went looking for adventure elsewhere on campus. 

Multi-Girl

In the Hallway

Bernadette had been watching Consuelo and Mizuki out of the corner of her eye, a bit worried about how the Japanese girl might react to the strange aura Consuelo gave off. Thankfully things seemed to be going as well as they could, so the redhead gave a slight sigh of relief and focused back on Rosalinda and catching up on how her summer had been and telling the other girl about the singing competition Bernadette had taken part in up in Boston.

"The competition went great, until this bloody leprechaun transported us ta this other dimension…"

Outside

Neko had not gotten very far from climbing down from the dorm window when she ran into two of Bernadette’s duplicates who were walking from the main entrance to the building. "Hey Neko." One of the pair called out.

"We were thinking of going to see what Gawain was up to. Want to come along?" Asked the other.

Rot

"Yeah, uh sorry about that, Mizuki." Consuelo backs off a bit more, in case that helps. "The aura's actually not the worst part, either. I kinda, um, accidentally disintegrate things, uh, all the time.  . . ." Consuelo grimaces.

"So, I basically keep to myself mostly.  . . But people here at Claremont seem a lot cooler about weird stuff like that,  so . . . maybe I'll finally have a social life?"

Torpedo Lass II

Mizuki takes a step back. "I... I see."

"Luckily I'm not wearing the uniform, otherwise my handywork would be all for naught..." She grabs her bags she had set on the floor. "I'm gonna find my room and offload the cargo, then I'd be more than happy to continue the conversation. I mean this isn't heavy by any means to me but... it's awkward."

Edited by The Sailor

Starshine

Rosalind could never imagine four years ago that conversations about leprechauns would be normal subjects of conversation. To be fair she still sometimes had to remind herself that at Claremont this was what passed as normal.

With that whole mess with the ghost trapping me in our theatre a few months back, I guess the two of us really aren’t destined for the entertainment industry!” she smiled as she helped herself to another cookie.

Why did it do that for?” she tried her hardest to banish ideas of pots of gold and lucky charms from her mind, she was sure any nearby telepaths would be proud of her efforts.