Character Edits:

Thevshi

So that would give you 7 PPs to spend. Your new array (if I understand correctly) would look like:

Device: Hard to lose: 5 ranks (20pp) (25/25pp spent)

Blast 7 (Extra: Area (Cloud)) (21 pp)

AP: Strike 7 (Extra: Penetrating)

AP: Blast 7 (Linked: Dazzle 3 (sight))

AP: Datalink 8

AP: Suffocate 7 (Extra: Sustained)

Since your Device increased in price from 16 PPs to 20 PPs, you still have 3 PPs left to spend (of the 7 you got back from selling down your skills and feat).

Is that right?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not understand you correctly. :oops: I failed to realize that your Darkvision was a part of your Full Combat Rig. That changes the cost.

You'd need:

Device: Hard to lose: 6 ranks (24pp) (27/30pp spent)

Super-senses (Darkvision) (2 pp)

So what would cost you 8 PPs total (not the 7 you originally came up with by selling down your skills). But, you would have 3 PPs left in your Device to spend on APs or whatever.

You could also move the Darkvision outside of your array for cheaper (because you wouldn't have any leftover points in your device. Such as . . .

And . . .

The total cost would be 22 PPs (instead of 16), and you'd only need to come up with 6 PPs to make the change (instead of the 7 you got back by selling down your skills and feat).

I did not understand you correctly. :oops: I failed to realize that your Darkvision was a part of your Full Combat Rig. That changes the cost.

You'd need:

Device: Hard to lose: 6 ranks (24pp) (27/30pp spent)

So what would cost you 8 PPs total (not the 7 you originally came up with by selling down your skills). But, you would have 3 PPs left in your Device to spend on APs or whatever.

You could also move the Darkvision outside of your array for cheaper (because you wouldn't have any leftover points in your device. Such as . . .

And . . .

The total cost would be 22 PPs (instead of 16), and you'd only need to come up with 6 PPs to make the change (instead of the 7 you got back by selling down your skills and feat).

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an idea for a slight change to Doktor Archeville I'd like to make. As his history stands now, he is 'merely' a mutant, but after looking through the Freedom City sourcebook I feel that making him an "evolved human" like the Psions would ft my original concept better. (That concept being "human genius who doesn't want to sully himself with mutations or cybernetics", like Telios the Perfect Man from the Champions RPG and, to a lesser extent, Marvel's Doctor Doom.) It might also make GMs here more likely to allow the "sample Power Stunts for his Enhanced Int" list -- the stunts are possible not just because he's inhumanly intelligent, but because he's inhumanly intelligent and a semi-latent psionic.

Still working on how I'll word this change in his description, though. I've a few other minor changes as well (like the spelling of his hometown, and that his mental quickness is x100, not x25). And since monthly pp awards should be coming soon, I'll just wait 'till I've got everything set before making any/asking for any changes (so this post is more of a "heads up" to the crew).

So I'm plotting my PP spending in advance, and I'm thinking back to what I believe Heridfel said about buying off the Impoverished disadvantage, and I was wondering what tactile in-game benefit it would offer; I still think I'm gonna do it on general principle, just curious.

Also I think it's about time Grim learned how to drive; the big question is, who does she con into teaching her? :twisted:

Could I have the following adjustments made to Exile?

Adding the following to his Spatial Mastery power, spending my unspent ppt for it.

--AP "False Strength" [Enhanced Strength 24, Linked – Super Strength 1, Linked – Enhanced Feat: Attack Focus [Melee] 2]

Changing the Action on his Morph from Standard to Full, and using the freed points to add in Duration: Continuous.

And as a result of the newly added AP change his Strength to read 34/10 (+12/0) and correcting his Grapple to +21/+6

Update by Barnum

Going to spend my 3 new shiny power points for Velocity.

1 point will go into skills, increasing the following skills to these new levels.

Acrobatics 8 (+11/+16)

Gather Information 6 (+10)

Notice 8 (+9)

The other two points will go to her superspeed array, so it will read as follows….

4) Super Speed Array 24 pts: 4 Alt powers [28 pp]

Free Slot: Strike 12 (Feats: Accurate 4 (+8 hit), Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Takedown Attack 2, Improved Critical 2 (18-20))

Alt 1 – Super Movement: Wall Running 2 (Flaw: Only while moving); Water Running (Flaw: only while moving); Permeate 3 (Flaw: only while moving); Sure-Footed 2; Speed 2 (10 total); Quickness 2 (7 total) (14 pts)

Alt 2 – Sonic Boom (Blast) 12 (Extra: Area Burst; Flaw 0 Range) (24 pts)

Alt 3 – Rapid Fire: Blast 8 (Extra: Autofire) (24 pts)

Alt 4 – Spinning 12 (24 pts)

Updated by Barnum

w00t! 2 pps awarded!

And my recent Family Tree posting has already determined what I'll be spending them on (though technically it's something he has "always" had):

Immunity 4 (aging, disease, poison, sleep; Flaw: Limited to half normal effect) [2pp]

Explanation:

[*:smfohegv]Half-Immunity to aging from his family's freakish longevity.
    [*:smfohegv]Half-Immunity to disease & poison from his family's odd longevity and controlled exposures to small amounts of assorted diseases and toxins over the years in order to build up a high degree of resistance.
    [*:smfohegv]Half-Immunity to sleep due to his hyper-efficient brain (it requires less 'rebooting' than other brains, though does still need some downtime).

Still working on those other changes I'd mentioned earlier.

Updated by Barnum

I've got 3 PPs to spend:

Skills: Knowledge (Streetwise) 14 (+14), Climb 13 (+17) = 1 PPs

Feats: Improved Defense 2, Luck 2 = 2 PPs

Nightrival is constantly putting himself in the line of fire, despite having no powers. The additional rank in the Luck feat reflects his karma rewarding him for his bravery and commitment.

Thanks!

Updated by Barnum

In addition to the new feats and skills, I think it's about time I updated Nightrival's character sheet. Could a Ref cut and paste the following in the appropriate places? I envisioned "Abilities and Training" to follow "Personality." The Equipment list just needed a little reformatting for a cleaner look. Thank you! :)

Personality: Liam is confident in his skills but he is well aware he’ll encounter faster and stronger opponents. When he is not working at his day job, he is constantly training to compensate for that fact. He often exercises at home or runs across the rooftops at night, clad in dark clothes. Unlike other martial artists, Liam does not consider the spiritual side of martial arts and he does not claim to be especially knowledgeable in that aspect of them. For him, the martial arts are largely physical and psychological practices.

He is a calm and composed individual and he speaks in short sentences. However, he has been known to occasionally show surprise or outrage when he encounters an extraordinary event, reflecting his ongoing struggle to make peace with his two lives: one that is considered normal and one that is burdened with the responsibilities of a superhero. Liam views himself as an average person trying to understand and ultimately survive the chaotic world he inhabits. Being Nightrival is not a choice for Liam. His second identity is an obligation to all those considered average, caught in the maelstrom of violence, crime and despair that constitute contemporary life.

Liam despises criminals who prey on those who cannot defend themselves and amass profit and power from their illicit endeavours. Other heroes may find him to be rough around the edges, as he peppers his sentences with colloquialisms. However, beneath his gruff exterior he tries to maintain a balanced view of the world despite his disdain for predatory criminals. He knows that the world is not strictly divided along the lines of good and evil. People do commit evil acts, but he is willing to give them a chance to redeem themselves before he condemns them.

He genuinely wants to help people though he is unsure he can make a difference in a city populated by super-powered heroes. His first priority is to protect innocent people from harm at all costs. Although he is occasionally seen outside of Southside, he invests most of his attention to defend the people living in his neighbourhood. As gangsters and super-villains encroach on the Southside, he now brings the fight to those who threaten to tear his home apart.

At the start of his career, Liam was largely unaware of the street culture he vowed to protect. Over time he learned who the major and minor players are and how the underworld operates. At times, Liam feels more comfortable protecting the streets than embarking on cosmic adventures. Luckily he can easily adapt to new situations, due to his years of constant traveling. Although he works alone, he is willing to join a group if everyone is treated equally.

Abilities and Training: Nightrival possesses extraordinary agility, reflexes, coordination and balance that far exceed the abilities exhibited by Olympic gold medalists. He has been seen leaping off tall buildings, executing standing jumps of over twenty feet and performing complex acrobatic maneuvers under stressful situations. His physical strength is normal for a man who engages in regular intensive exercise, which includes weight lifting and calisthenics. Nightrival can routinely bench press 300 pounds with little effort. His endurance is greater than a seasoned marathon runner or a professional athlete.

Besides his physical gifts, Nightrival has been trained in numerous martial arts as well as gymnastics and acrobatics. He has undergone extensive training since he was six years old, originally practicing gymnastics, boxing and wushu. He later mastered many formal techniques from all over world, having achieved incredibly high degrees of proficiency in over thirty styles, and he is well versed in a smattering of other techniques. He has also perfected informal techniques such as street fighting, tricking and parkour. In the midst of a fight, Liam constantly switches styles to adapt to the situation, combining acrobatics and trickery to offset his opponents. Nightrival is a talented athlete who has a gift for learning physical skills at such a remarkable rate he is considered a prodigy.

Nightrival is skilled in the use of most hand-to-hand weapons. He currently prefers wielding two escrima staves that are concealed either in his gloves or under his belt. The staves are typically employed for fighting exceptionally dangerous opponents by adding greater force to his strikes or blocking powerful attacks. In addition to the staves, Nightrival is armed with finely crafted throwing knives. He is able to pierce pressure points or tendons by only an inch, avoiding blood vessels and causing no permanent damage. These weapons are bought anonymously from several specialized companies.

Also, owing to his training, he is able to vanish while being watched or even move undetected in a crowded room. He has a thorough understanding of pressure points and he knows how to exploit them in a fight. His parkour training has made him an exceptional free climber and combined with his gymnastic training he is able to navigate Freedom City’s streets with ease. Nightrival has studied escapology and can slip out of conventional bonds or squeeze through tight spaces.

Equipment: Arsenal (array): Escrima staves (Strike 1; Power Feats: Improved Block, Improved Critical (19-20), Mighty), Alternate Power: Throwing knives (Blast 1; Extra: Autofire), Swing Line (Super-Movement 1 - Swinging), Headquarters (Liam's Apartment: Toughness: 10; Size: Diminutive; Features: Communications, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Living Space)

Updated by Barnum

Character Edits for Captain Wonder:

Flight/Super-Strength array bought up to 7 (2 points)

AP of that array:

Strike 14 (Penetrating, Distracting) (1 point)

By speaking his magic word, he can summon Ra's Light, a blast of divine fire that makes him a potent threat even at his relatively low PL.[1] It's distracting because he's spending his dodge bonus _not_ getting hit with the bolt of solar plasma that would transform him back into Fred Fawcett.

[1]This is how he managed to help the Centurion shake off his brainwashing during the events of Live in Infamy.

Updated by Barnum

Okay, 4 pp to spend, so let's get to it:

1 pp to buy off Impoverished disadvantage; I actually have an idea for Grim to get a new day job, since panhandling offers so few benefits.

1 pp = Uncanny Dodge (Hearing)

The rest of the pp are going into skills, so here we go.

1 pp = Drive 1 (Look out, she's crazy behind the wheel!) and adds 3 ranks to Streetwise

1 pp = add 4 ranks to Bluff (she's going to need it)

Updated by Barnum