Character Edits:

Thevshi

I've thought of a little change I could with on Mongrel Angel. Nothing major, but fitting the concept.

First, a Drawback. (yes, another.)

Vulnerable [Emotion Effects, +1 DC, uncommon] (1)

Secondly; spending that slightly grubby reclaimed point.

Immunity 2: [sleep, Starvation, Limited: 1/2 effect [-1 Flaw] (1)

Thirdly; Complications, GMs probably won't complain about something to latch onto.

Complications

Promiscuous: A Succubus for a grandmother does make for certain, tendencies. Alex is likely to give a speculative eye towards any handsome guys and/or attractive girls, at the least that is. (This probably can't avoid leading to a Reputation Complication, but she's not been around long enough yet for that.)

Temper: Alex could be said to have an anger management problem, when she losses her temper things tend to get broken...

Updated by Barnum.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I have the following adjustments made to Exile?

Adding the following to his Spatial Mastery power, spending my unspent ppt for it.

--AP "False Strength" [Enhanced Strength 24, Linked – Super Strength 1, Linked – Enhanced Feat: Attack Focus [Melee] 2]

Changing the Action on his Morph from Standard to Full, and using the freed points to add in Duration: Continuous.

And as a result of the newly added AP change his Strength to read 34/10 (+12/0) and correcting his Grapple to +21/+6

Done.

Going to spend my 3 new shiny power points for Velocity.

1 point will go into skills, increasing the following skills to these new levels.

Acrobatics 8 (+11/+16)

Gather Information 6 (+10)

Notice 8 (+9)

The other two points will go to her superspeed array, so it will read as follows….

4) Super Speed Array 24 pts: 4 Alt powers [28 pp]

Free Slot: Strike 12 (Feats: Accurate 4 (+8 hit), Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Takedown Attack 2, Improved Critical 2 (18-20))

Alt 1 – Super Movement: Wall Running 2 (Flaw: Only while moving); Water Running (Flaw: only while moving); Permeate 3 (Flaw: only while moving); Sure-Footed 2; Speed 2 (10 total); Quickness 2 (7 total) (14 pts)

Alt 2 – Sonic Boom (Blast) 12 (Extra: Area Burst; Flaw 0 Range) (24 pts)

Alt 3 – Rapid Fire: Blast 8 (Extra: Autofire) (24 pts)

Alt 4 – Spinning 12 (24 pts)

Done.

w00t! 2 pps awarded!

And my recent Family Tree posting has already determined what I'll be spending them on (though technically it's something he has "always" had):

Immunity 4 (aging, disease, poison, sleep; Flaw: Limited to half normal effect) [2pp]

Explanation:

• [*:31dgj2cu]Half-Immunity to aging from his family's freakish longevity.
    [*:31dgj2cu]Half-Immunity to disease & poison from his family's odd longevity and controlled exposures to small amounts of assorted diseases and toxins over the years in order to build up a high degree of resistance.
    [*:31dgj2cu]Half-Immunity to sleep due to his hyper-efficient brain (it requires less 'rebooting' than other brains, though does still need some downtime).

Still working on those other changes I'd mentioned earlier.

All done.

I've got 3 PPs to spend:

Skills: Knowledge (Streetwise) 14 (+14), Climb 13 (+17) = 1 PPs

Feats: Improved Defense 2, Luck 2 = 2 PPs

Nightrival is constantly putting himself in the line of fire, despite having no powers. The additional rank in the Luck feat reflects his karma rewarding him for his bravery and commitment.

Thanks!

Updated both requests. :)

Character Edits for Captain Wonder:

Flight/Super-Strength array bought up to 7 (2 points)

AP of that array:

Strike 14 (Penetrating, Distracting) (1 point)

By speaking his magic word, he can summon Ra's Light, a blast of divine fire that makes him a potent threat even at his relatively low PL.[1] It's distracting because he's spending his dodge bonus _not_ getting hit with the bolt of solar plasma that would transform him back into Fred Fawcett.

[1]This is how he managed to help the Centurion shake off his brainwashing during the events of Live in Infamy.

Strike 14 breaks your Save DC cap by +3. Do you want to simply make it Strike 11 (Penetrating, Distracting)

Okay, 4 pp to spend, so let's get to it:

1 pp to buy off Impoverished disadvantage; I actually have an idea for Grim to get a new day job, since panhandling offers so few benefits.

1 pp = Uncanny Dodge (Hearing)

The rest of the pp are going into skills, so here we go.

1 pp = Drive 1 (Look out, she's crazy behind the wheel!) and adds 3 ranks to Streetwise

1 pp = add 4 ranks to Bluff (she's going to need it)

Done.

I've thought of a little change I could with on Mongrel Angel. Nothing major, but fitting the concept.

First, a Drawback. (yes, another.)

Vulnerable [Emotion Effects, +1 DC, uncommon] (1)

Secondly; spending that slightly grubby reclaimed point.

Immunity 2: [sleep, Starvation, Limited: 1/2 effect [-1 Flaw] (1)

Thirdly; Complications, GMs probably won't complain about something to latch onto.

Complications

Promiscuous: A Succubus for a grandmother does make for certain, tendencies. Alex is likely to give a speculative eye towards any handsome guys and/or attractive girls, at the least that is. (This probably can't avoid leading to a Reputation Complication, but she's not been around long enough yet for that.)

Temper: Alex could be said to have an anger management problem, when she losses her temper things tend to get broken...

Updated by Barnum.

Done.

Strike 14 breaks your Save DC cap by +3. Do you want to simply make it Strike 11 (Penetrating, Distracting)

Really? My attack bonus is only +7 for the attack, since a bolt of divine plasma doesn't count as Unarmed.

(Well, it might for _Ra_, depending on the metaphysics of the moment, but it doesn't for Captain Wonder)

Really? My attack bonus is only +7 for the attack, since a bolt of divine plasma doesn't count as Unarmed.

(Well, it might for _Ra_, depending on the metaphysics of the moment, but it doesn't for Captain Wonder)

Are you saying that you have taken an Attack Bonus/Save DC trade-off that is not written on your sheet? If so, what is it exactly, so we can add it to your sheet?

Are you saying that you have taken an Attack Bonus/Save DC trade-off that is not written on your sheet? If so, what is it exactly, so we can add it to your sheet?

...the character's base attack bonus is +6, he's a PL 11 character. The maximum damage he should be able to do is +14. What am I missing?

...the character's base attack bonus is +6, he's a PL 11 character. The maximum damage he should be able to do is +14. What am I missing?

Trade-offs aren't "flexible" with each new power addition. They are usually picked at character creation. You have your Defense/Toughness trade-off listed on your sheet. Are you saying that you also have an Attack -3/Save DC +3 trade-off?

I think Grim should have 'Struggling' as a complication; the idea I had was that she got a job in the second half of March as a bike messenger, which hardly bumps one up to middle class overnight. This will allow her to have some actual cash and give her an excuse to visit other parts of Freedom, and maybe even meet some new characters! Any large city that has several messenger companies will always have at least one that's fairly fly-by-night, and doesn't ask a lot of questions about their new employees, like age, criminal record, etc - believe me, I worked for a few :shock:

Updated by Barnum

So, you essentially want to use a PP to bump "Impoverished" up to "Struggling"?

Right. In my original character thread, it was determined by the mods/GMs that Impoverished would be a -1 Disadvantage and Struggling would just be a Complication. I already spent the pp to buy off Impoverished, but that would normally mean Grim is now at the same wealth level as the average starting character: +8 on Wealth checks which is considered Middle Class, as opposed to +0 for Impoverished and +4 for Struggling. My idea of the character concept is that she hasn't made that full leap yet, so she would still be Struggling, and should thus have the appropriate complication to still deal with for a while.

Character Edits for Captain Wonder:

Flight/Super-Strength array bought up to 7 (2 points)

AP of that array:

Strike 14 (Penetrating, Distracting) (1 point)

By speaking his magic word, he can summon Ra's Light, a blast of divine fire that makes him a potent threat even at his relatively low PL.[1] It's distracting because he's spending his dodge bonus _not_ getting hit with the bolt of solar plasma that would transform him back into Fred Fawcett.

[1]This is how he managed to help the Centurion shake off his brainwashing during the events of Live in Infamy.

Done.

[Right. In my original character thread, it was determined by the mods/GMs that Impoverished would be a -1 Disadvantage and Struggling would just be a Complication. I already spent the pp to buy off Impoverished, but that would normally mean Grim is now at the same wealth level as the average starting character: +8 on Wealth checks which is considered Middle Class, as opposed to +0 for Impoverished and +4 for Struggling. My idea of the character concept is that she hasn't made that full leap yet, so she would still be Struggling, and should thus have the appropriate complication to still deal with for a while.

Done.