Brainiac Brunch [OOC]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Americana is human to all normal senses unless she does something that would specifically reveal her nature as a robot (gets part of her knocked off, Gina gets thrown out of the driver's seat and the robot shuts down, etc. Since I was told that I could handwave her to look perfectly human, I don't think notice checks are appropriate in this case and it would only be plot-related reasons that would get her caught?

X-Ray vision will reveal that she does not have human insides. Continuous use of infravision over a period of minutes will reveal that she has heat patterns that do not entirely match up with human norms. She is mostly made of plastics and polymer and weighs a normal amount for her height, her skin is normal human temperature. So if someone decides to look through her clothes or stare at her heat signature for a few minutes (when they could be staring at her body instead!) they would make her. But she's designed, IC and OOC, to not be easily detected nor to invite suspicion.

(2010.10.06 - 12:56:00) Electra: My take on it is that if there is nothing I could buy to prevent people from seeing through her, then people shouldn't be able to make her as a matter of course.

There is something she could get, depending on how perfect you wanted her disguise to be.

Just as Detect Metahuman could detect that the human-looking Captain Thunder and Johny Rocket and the Atom family are all Metahumans, something like Detect Technology (or something specifically geared to her) should be able to detect that the human-looking Miss Americana is a gynoid.

If you wanted her to be undetectable even to that, then I'd suggest taking some type Concealment. Director Horatio "Harry" Powers of AEGIS and Blackstone's Warden Joshua Drummer have something similar, a Permanent Close Range Concealment that hides them from Detect Metahumans/Metahuman Awareness senses.

If not, then just saying "she looks human" (and not having a "looks freaky" Complication) is enough.

... though this gets to the matter of "in a room full of super-geniuses, are any of them going to be scanning each other's tech?"

Please note that it is

10:00am

Sunday morning

and we're in a (decent sized) private reading room of a public library

There's maybe one caterer per PC here.

And a roughly equal number of NPC scientists and techies (though they're mainly in the background and not saying much but oohing and oohing over the braininess of the PCs)

Just to clarify, Supercape has turned up in a Dinner Jacket because he is has no sense of style and is a bit of a ignoramus socially.

(EDIT his high WIS and above average CHA mean that despite these flaws, he is actually likeable and charming, and "gets" people. Just not fashion and culture. )

Please note that it is

10:00am

Sunday morning

and we're in a (decent sized) private reading room of a public library

There's maybe one caterer per PC here.

And a roughly equal number of NPC scientists and techies (though they're mainly in the background and not saying much but oohing and oohing over the braininess of the PCs)

I had originally missed the part about the time. I've edited my initial post to reflect that fact that V is no longer wearing a night time getup.