The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflex Save (DC22): 15. Full effect.

Toughness Save (DC27): 14.

I'm out of Hero Points, so no re-rolls. The Scarab failed by 13, so she is Staggered and Stunned for 1 round. Since she failed the save by 5+, she is knocked back. Since she is hovering at an angle above Malice, a pulse in all directions should knock her into the air.

Concentration Checks to maintain Sustained powers as Reactions:

Concealment (DC20): 25.

Flight (DC13): With a +15 bonus, I can't fail.

Force Field (DC18): 26.

Damage 12 + Knockpack 9 = Knockback 21

21 - 5 = 16.

16 steps up the Value Progression Table gets a result of 100,000. The Scarab is knocked back 100,000 feet, or approximately 20 miles. When she lands, she will suffer +16 damage.

Toughness Save (DC31): 21.

She fails by 10, which would normally mean she's Staggered. Since she's already Staggered, now she's Unconscious.

Once she's unconscious, her powers shut down. No more Force Field, no more Concealment.

Let's see those Reflex saves, gentlemen. This effect is going to be large enough to include everybody in front of the courthouse, so that's _everyone_ out front except Malice making the DC 22 Reflex save followed by the DC 27/21 Toughness save. Malice is going to inflict maximum knockback on anyone stunned by his attack.

This is also going to do some pretty significant damage to the surrounding scenery, :shock: though I'm willing to say the fight's been ongoing long enough for the civilians to have fled the area. The street is not so wide that this won't blow the front off the library and blast an even bigger crater in the middle of the street.

Damn you lack of HPs! DAMN YOU! Reflex [hopefully Evasion], followed by Toughness (1d20+10=17, 1d20+8=11)

Yeah, I'm ****ed. Failed the Reflex, and failed the Toughness by 16 so go flying out of the area. Arrow'd?

Which reminds me I should probably state how many I actually have.

I started the thread with 2 because I spent one before the thread to get a good Idea on the trial

I got one when the thread started for being without my Device (back to 3)

I used one when you clonked me for Ultimate Toughness (down to 2)

And I just got another one. (back to 3)

So I think I am sitting on three right now.

If anyone wants to second guess me or dig through 40+ pages of OOC to get the specifics, feel free. I'm just too lazy and I'm pretty sure this is accurate anyways