The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well, that makes sense. And it keeps you from shooting Dark Star, having the rocket go through him, and accidentally blowing up the courthouse.

OK, let's see those Reflex saves from everyone who isn't protected against the blast. (Malice, I'll split the difference and say that the rocks on you neither hinder nor help you; have an VP for getting blasted by your chum. Also, consider asking for a refund. ;) )

Alright, reflex saves, my favorite.

Reflex save vs Ronin's Rocket DC ~20 (1d20+3=12) Unsurprisingly, I don't dodge it.

Toughness save vs Ronin's Rocket DC ~25 (1d20+12=14) I hate you so much. Okay, that fails by 11.

If I'm within 10ft of the center of the blast - Staggered and Stunned

11ft-20ft - Staggered and Stunned

21ft-30ft - Bruised and Stunned

31+ ft - Impervious stops the attack.

Which is it chief? I need to know if I get to horde my VP for a few more turns.

AA says 20, which means: Toughness save vs Ronin's Rocket DC ~25 - Villain Point Reroll (1d20+12=23) I hate you so much. Fail by 1. 90% chance to take no damage, and I get the 10%.

*grumbles fruitlessly about the injustice of it all* :)

The Scarab will take a:

• [*:x7jjsbrf]Free Action to maintain Flight
    [*:x7jjsbrf]Free Action to maintain Force Field
    [*:x7jjsbrf]Free Action to reconfigure her Array
    [*:x7jjsbrf]Free Action to activate Total Concealment to all senses (since she just disappeared more or less in view of the villains, they can each make a DC20 Will Save to pierce the Phantasm)
    [*:x7jjsbrf]a Move Action to stand up
    [*:x7jjsbrf]a Move Action to fly up out of the hole, hovering at a point about 30 feet in the air and roughly equidistant to Malice and Ronin.

I'd have thought the sporting thing to do would be go rescue your colleague in villainy, Warmonger. :P

Quote, I'll let you have an HP for the indignity of it all. Hopefully your putative allies will eventually come through for you and tear themselves away from the gun-measuring contest. If not, I'll see what I can do in later rounds. :D

Alright, let's get that Will save out of the way first.

Will save to break Scarab Concealment DC 20 (1d20+10=13)

Alright, let's see if I can kill 3 birds with 1 stone here.

Move Action - Stand up

Free Action - Switch to Ground Pounder Mode

Free Action - Power Stunt the following, and I'll hold onto my last HP so I'll be fatigued at the start of my next turn

Damage 12 Extras: General Area Burst PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Knockback 9, Progression 1 (120ft radius)

Standard Action - Ka-Boom

Should be large enough to hit DS, Arrowhawk, Scarab, and blow a chunk out of the court house. Others may be hit, both those are my intended targets.

Let's see those Reflex saves, gentlemen. This effect is going to be large enough to include everybody in front of the courthouse, so that's _everyone_ out front except Malice making the DC 22 Reflex save followed by the DC 27/21 Toughness save. Malice is going to inflict maximum knockback on anyone stunned by his attack.

This is also going to do some pretty significant damage to the surrounding scenery, :shock: though I'm willing to say the fight's been ongoing long enough for the civilians to have fled the area. The street is not so wide that this won't blow the front off the library and blast an even bigger crater in the middle of the street.