The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

I thought he failed by 15+ and immediately skipped all that mess and went right to unconscious.

Let's see: Got shot by Arrowhawk viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2067&start=240#p44889 and took a bruised

then Scarab scrambled his brains: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2067&start=240#p44899 failed by 16 and immediately fell unconscious. Looks to me like he skipped over all that mess.

and fared well against the explosion viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2067&start=250#p44903

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Ronin at being Bruised twice (once from the mental blast, once from the explosion) and unconscious. It is true that he does have an injured, since I've Fiated that the blast was indeed lethal. Since he was one-punched by the mental blast rather than being whittled down, he didn't take the intermediate steps o' damage. As for whether he's flat-footed; give me a Notice check, Arrowhawk.

If I gave HPs and VPs for people blowing themselves up, Malice and Arrowhawk would be carrying their heavy load. ;)

OK, quote, Knievel is up. You're currently Distracted. I'm inclined to think you can tell the hallway in front of you is an illusion, without needing to roll, since it's a pretty safe bet. (And since it was special effect of the Distract feat rather than a use of the Illusion power as such. It's a free action to maintain a static illusion, but it does appear to cost a standard action to set one up.)

I forgot that Injuries bring Bruises with them. The Scarab does indeed have 3 Bruises and 1 Injury.

If I have any say in the matter at all, I'd like to refuse that last Hero Point. Geez3r may have forgotten to say he was going for lethal damage in the forum, but somewhere along the line he said or did something to make sure I knew it was lethal, as evidenced by the fact that I listed the result as an Injury rather than a Bruise. It was clear to him, it was clear to me, it apparently just wasn't clear to anyone else.

Dammit man quit giving him Hero Points! ;)

Step 1 of the Plan was to murder Scarab ASAP; you're making that very difficult. :shame:

And yes, unless I very specifically state otherwise, Malice does non-lethal damage. He's got standards you know.

Uhm I don't think he was doing lethal

I think the Injury and the lethal damage was from the Explosion which AA forgot to say was lethal at the time.

Power to hit Malice:

Blast 12 (Extra: Penetrating; Feat: Accurate x1, Dynamic, Improved Range x2 (Rank x50))

Then spending an hp to take second action and slam down a gravity field.

Gravity Control 10 (50 ft. radius, Str 50 = heavy load of 25600 lbs (12.8 tons); Extras: Affects Corporeal, Selective Attack)

OK, that makes sense to me. Malice, that's a DC 27 Toughness save given Dark Star's Penetrating extra, and a DC 20 Reflex save to halve the Strength check imposed by Dark Star's Gravity Control array. (Remember, unless you have Evasion, you get that half-effect even if you pass the save.) I believe Malice's array is currently slotted for ranged combat rather than enhanced Strength; he'll have a chance to switch up and use his enhanced Strength to break out on his turn.

Yes, you can reconfigure your array mid-round, as long as you only do it once. Dark Star's array was set to Blast last round and that allocation carried over into this round. Remember, he didn't configure his Blast this round; he did that in the round previous. [That was one thing I was actually keeping track of. :P ]

He came in, used his previous allocation, then made his sole in-round reconfiguration (from Blast to Gravity Control.) Just as next round Malice can blast Arrowhawk with the minigun (as that power is still active in his array), surge and switch to Enhanced Str, and then drop down into the street to fetch Scarab a beating. Indeed, doing so might well make his day. ;)

(The relevant information is on page 114 of the Pocket Player's Guide; my copy of the core book is a bit disreputable from overuse.)

OK, so the bodies have, as the song says, hit the floor. Ronin and Malice are down; it's a DC 20 (since Dark Star's not using his full Gravity Control) Strength check to take either a standard or a move action a round; the move action is limited to crawling five feet. I'm inclined to think that Ronin's Strength check will be only DC 15, since he did pass the Reflex save (though without Evasion).

Arrowhawk is up! Barely. Did you want to do a "I am stunned and it sucks" post, or move on to the next guy, Ecal?