The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scarab burns 1 HP to remove her Stunned condition, so she can act normally this round. She takes Free Actions to maintain Flight and Force Field, and to reconfigure her array to Telekinesis. She takes a Full Action to use Telekinesis to pick up the pile of debris pinning her down and throw it at Malice. The TK is Perception-range, so there is no attack roll to pick up the object, just to throw it.

Attack (DC18): 27

Malice needs to make a DC25 Toughness save.

Ace will adopt a defensive stance and try to keep under cover if possible.

Burn an HP for Inspire 3 on Scarab, Arrowhawk, and Dark Star.

HP to surge and Distract Knieval for another round, Skill mastery for a 32, He gets a +1 to resist this round.

*Due to beeing oh so confused where I was standing I am doing different things now.

Locations first:

Ace and Knievel are at a security door at the edge of the prisoner transfer area, leading to an alley abutting the courthouse. They'd have to go down a fairly long driveway/sidestreet to get down to the street in front of the courthouse where the super-big action is. (Where are the cops who are usually here? As long as it may have taken us, the fight itself has not been going on that long in real time. Plus, the superheroes are here to save the day. Or not. ;) )

The Vestige is in a jail cell, unconscious.

Ronin is on the roof of the library across the street, face-planted.

Malice is on the ground in front of the courthouse with a significant quantity of debris on him.

Scarab is still in the hole in the ground where Malice blasted her.

Arrowhawk is on his back in front of the courthouse.

Dark Star is the only person out front of the courthouse still up.

First, we sound off. Are all these things correct? ;)

Ace and Knievel are at a security door at the edge of the prisoner transfer area, leading to an alley abutting the courthouse. They'd have to go down a fairly long driveway/sidestreet to get down to the street in front of the courthouse where the super-big action is.

Ok that was my confusion I though the door Knieval had bashed down was right out front.

I as well was under the impression that I was trying to get out the front door. I thought I remember saying that I was going to run out the front because I didn't want to have to deal with breaking down too many security doors / being sequestered too far into the building.

If I can find where I said what I was doing earlier in the thread I will edit it in here.

EDIT: This post shows that I ran towards the front door.

---

durf, counting the +1 against your distract, my best chance at beating it is a sense motive currently at a +11. I have about a whelk's chance in a supernova of making it, but I guess it won't hurt to try (maybe I'll roll a 20!)

No dice: sense motive (1d20+11=26)

So that means I am still distracted. Question: Can I surge?

Ah, that's where the problem was. The front door _is_ the door that would make you run through the security gamut. (Why? Because if a prisoner _is_ escaping, they'd rather he be running out the back door than through the nice front lobby of the courthouse with the valuable hostages. And also artwork. Though Ronin's explosion broke all the windows there anyway, so so much for their plans and schemes. :D ) Rather than get into a lot of NPC combat in a thread that's supposed to be about the PCs, I'm willing to just assume that Knievel has been clever enough to go out the back door rather than charge into a barrage of baliff bullets.

Now that we've got our locations settled, let's hammer out HP. I believe Scarab, Ronin, and Arrowhawk are out of HP, while Dark Star and Ace currently have 3 in reserve? Knievel has a good quantity as well, he's had some good rolls so far. Was that three for you as well? Malice, as far as I've followed, you haven't spent any out of your starting total yet, is that right? Once we get all these in place, I'll start keeping a regular list of both init and HPs for your uses. Again, my bad; first mass combat thread and have had a lot going on. :)

-

And to answer your question, quote, you certainly can surge, even spending a VP on it if you like. I can't think why you wouldn't be able to concentrate really hard (i.e., surge) to avoid being distracted by Ace Danger and his WEB of LIES. You're still a target of that effect, though, so you're still Distracted if your second efforts to resist fail.

If I surge do I just get another chance to make a save? Or can I take an action? 1. get distracted and lose actions, 2. surge and gain an action? I'm really not clear on the order of operations here is all.

I think it is currently Malice's turn. So we have a few moments to decide this issue with Distract. I'll hold off on an IC post until it reaches my actual place in initiative.

Initiative Order

Vestige: 22 -Unconscious-

Ronin: 21 VP x0

Orion the Hunter: 21 -Teleported-

Captain Knievel: 18 - VP x3

Dark Star: 17 - HP x3?

Arrowhawk: 14 - HP x0

Scarab: 13 - HP x0

Ace Danger: 11 - HP x3

Malice: 8 -Bruised x2, Stunned - VP x1

I don't know anyone else's conditions, other than that Vestige is out, and Orion went poof. I know DS has used a few surges, but gotten a few HP as well, so not sure if that's right or not. Sounds close though.

I'm going to hold onto my VP for now, so I'll stay stunned. I already did my "ow the pain" post. So now I believe it's Ronin's turn.

Ok gonna need a DC 20 reflex save from everyone with in a 100 feet of DS. I'm assuming everyone is sort of clustered around Malice, but I'm going for max amount of heros in my blast.

Since it is an explosion and I'm 50 feet away my save is 15 and my damage DC is 20.

Not sure about Scarab since I'm not sure whether she is down in the whole and how much protection that offers her.

1d20+10=11 failed

Damage save.

1d20+9=21 barely made it