Never Was (OOC)

Sorry for holding this up! (The dreaded Wednesday is partly to blame!)

Baz is going to take a bit of (in his mind) gamble and release Atomic Breath!

Its a Damage 8 Cone effect, with Fort Save. 

Lets see if these drones have a fort immunity or not! :D

His move action will be to set up the cone so he can get as many as possible in the effect. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, swarming insect time:

The two that survived Rot's attack are joined by three more that were just dropped off by a needle fighter and will power attack (-2atk/+3 dam): 13, 10, 17, 23 and 9 So one normal hit, anther with +2 due to autofire, the third +3 due to autofire. So Rot has a DC 19, a DC 23 and a DC 24 toughness save to make (in that order): @Huckleberry

Near Gamma/Blue Bolt: Fort saves for 8 vs the Dazzles (DC 18): Four recover

Along with the non-dazzled ones, three go for Gamma: 13, 19, 11 so one hit DC 19 toughness save @Supercape

Three go after Blue Bolt: 14, 9 and 23, so one hit at +2 dam, so a DC 21 toughness save @Kaede Kimura

The two by Spaceman and Golden Star are joined by four more, three go after Spaceman: 12, 20 and 11, one hit at +2 dam, so DC 21 toughness save @RocketLord

Three go after Golden Star: 23, 20 and 13, two hits one at +2 dam, the other at +1, so a DC 21 and a DC 20 toughness save, in that order @Poncho

Two go after Torpedo Lass: 19 and 9, one hit at +1 dam (so DC 20 toughness save, or you can spend a HP to double your Dodge Bonus for the rest of the round and cause it to miss) @The Sailor

Two go after Timeout: 28 and 22, both hit: miss chances: 16 and 2, first attack misses, Timeout will spend a HP to double his Dodge Bonus and cause the second hit to miss.

Two go after Sever: 25 and 13 so one hit at +2 dam, so a DC 21 toughness save @Thunder King

For his turn, Timeout will move near Sever so he can catch the max number of drones in his Stun AOE. Will accurate attack -1dam/+1 attack and Take 10.

Hits 12 insect drones (all the ones attacking him, TL2, Sever, Baz and Blue Bolt): DC 19 Will saves: only 4 make their saves (1 near TL2, 2 on Baz and 1 on Blue Bolt)

There are 26 of the humanoid drones in the area: half actually make their saves

Lawrence is then going to do some talking that I will address in an IC post before coming back to here.

Well, injured, bruised and dazed, but, could have been worse.

Okay, everyone gets a HP as I fiat the arrival of the Paradigm Drone and add it to the initiative order: 

Round Two

38 Velocity (unharmed)

32 Gamma Buzz 3 HP (unharmed)

25 Insect Drones (many (7 around Baz/Blue Bolt, 4 dazzled on round 1); (5 near Rot); (6 near Golden Star/Spaceman); 30 others around the park at the heart of City Center)

24 Timeout 5 HP (unharmed)

21 Blue Bolt 3 HP (unharmed)

21 Rot 3 HP (unharmed)

20 Spaceman 3 HP (unharmed)

20 Golden Star 3 HP (unharmed)

17 Paradigm Drone (unharmed)

17 Torpedo Lass II  5 HP (unharmed)

15 Drones (many: 6 are within 30’ of Timeout/TL2 (1 of those within 10’ of Sever); 6 are within 250’ of Timeout/TL2/Sever); other groups further out in area )

13 Needle Fighters (many)

10 Sever 2 HP (injured, bruised, dazed)

@Kaede Kimura after your toughness save Blue Bolt is up!

Okay, Toughness Toughness Toughness... 1d20+7 = 22 so she's okay. The Aurora Aurora's cloud would continue for this round, so if there's any still in the area they'd get hit again. Then she's gonna use her

Damage 4 (Particle Blades; Extras: Targeted Area [Trail]; Feats: Accurate 4, Improved Critical 2) [14PP]

With Power Attack +2/-2 (I just realized that her Power Attack is only on her Cannon, so that's my bad, sorry) taking a 10 to hit the seven on her and Baz, which he should be fine due to Radiation Immunity. So that's 20 to hit and DC21 Toughness from the bugs.

9 hours ago, Kaede Kimura said:

Okay, Toughness Toughness Toughness... 1d20+7 = 22 so she's okay. The Aurora Aurora's cloud would continue for this round, so if there's any still in the area they'd get hit again. Then she's gonna use her

Damage 4 (Particle Blades; Extras: Targeted Area [Trail]; Feats: Accurate 4, Improved Critical 2) [14PP]

With Power Attack +2/-2 (I just realized that her Power Attack is only on her Cannon, so that's my bad, sorry) taking a 10 to hit the seven on her and Baz, which he should be fine due to Radiation Immunity. So that's 20 to hit and DC21 Toughness from the bugs.

Only one makes the save!

@Huckleberry Rot is up (after your saves)

Okay, been almost a week, need to keep moving, will say Rot is dazed and spends her turn clearing that (still want those saves when possible).

Meanwhile @Poncho Golden Star is up! (forgot to move Spaceman behind him after he delayed last turn).

As discussed, I am doing the following actions:

Grabbing Spaceman, then carrying him to Paradigm.

Spending 1 HP to AP off of my 8PP array, to create the following:

Boost 16 (Super-Strength) [Flaw: Affects others Only -1] [8pp]

Since Boost is 1pp per point and Super-Strength is 2pp per point, that means 16 ranks of Affects Others Boost gives Spaceman 8 additional ranks of Super-Strength, fading at 1pp per action.

Then I'm Surging and using an Aid action on Spaceman.

Aid Action Results 1d20+7: 11 [1d20=4]

since they're difficulty 10, I succeed, I believe? Which gets Spacean +2 on his Attack Roll.

Alright, with the extra 8 ranks of Super-Strength, I'll put everything into enhancing that grapple bonus.

Shifting Personal Space Control Array to Super-Strength, Space Control Array sticks at Elongation + Enhanced Strength, and gonna keep my Selective Area stunt up so I can attack everyone else too. 

That should bring me to +41 to Grapple, if I hit.

So let's see how many I can hit in a 40 ft. radius with +10 hit thanks to Michael's Aid: 23

Since I've been informed that hits, that's a DC23 TOU save to Paradigm (and anyone else in the radius that it hits)

Then, grapple at +41: 50, also applying to all bad guys in a 40 ft. radius

Spending a HP to reroll that, since it can only get higher: 58 even better!

I might want to do more depending on how that goes.

Edited by RocketLord

Okay, decided to make a story decision. Seeing as I fiated Paradigm showing up and acting out of turn, I don't think it makes sense for her to get to act again this turn, especially if it basically negates Michael and Parker's heroic efforts. 

So, Paradigm is still grappled, Torpedo Lass is up! @The Sailor 

Been made aware there's a drone too close for comfort on Sever.

So here's what is going to happen, gonna take 10 to hit said drone square in it's ugly face... or what looks like a face... using Phosphorescent Sphere.

Then move into position to coup de grace Paradigm, but will be spending a HP to surge so I have a second attack action (being the coup de grace using a hull-breaking strikes).

Edited by The Sailor

The communion drone just makes its toughness save.

As I said in chat, I do not think TL can reach Paradigm in a move action (she is over 350' away), and even if she could, a surge would not allow you to do a coup-de-grace, which is a full round action (and you have already attacked and are considering moving). 

Does TL want to leave Sever there with that drone still on him?

Well since on discord you noted a CdG wouldn't be possible for me, I'll just put myself between Sever and that drone and end my turn instead. It wants to stay in the fight after shrugging off a sphere shot, how about it fights someone at 100%?

Edited by The Sailor

Okay, Daedalus will fly over and blast the drone threatening TL and Sever and land near them as other drones start closing in. 

More needle fighters land throughout the park area, deploying more humanoid drones, including three which each deploy two 8 foot tall humanoid alien drones. Two of these are deployed right next to Gamma Buzz and get to attack him: 23 and 26, so two DC 25 toughness saves @Supercape (they are still minions, so luckily no critical hit).

Chatting with Thunder, Sever is going to use his turn to clear his daze, which means:

Round Three

38 Velocity (unharmed)

32 Gamma Buzz 3 HP (unharmed)

25 Insect Drones (many (1 around Baz/Blue Bolt); (5 near Rot); 30 others around the park at the heart of City Center)

24 Timeout 5 HP (unharmed)

21 Blue Bolt 3 HP (unharmed)

21 Rot 3 HP (unharmed)

20 Golden Star 2 HP (unharmed)

20 Spaceman 2 HP (injured, bruised)

17 Paradigm Drone (unharmed, bound and helpless)

17 Torpedo Lass II  4 HP (unharmed)

15 Drones (many: 5 are within 30’ of Timeout/TL2/Sever; 26 are within 250’ of Timeout/TL2/Sever); other groups further out in park)

13 Needle Fighters (many)

13 Large Alien Drones (6 (2 currently in melee with Gamma Buzz))

10 Sever 2 HP (injured, bruised, prone)

Velocity and Johnny Rocket return to the area, each taking down a group of 4 of the humanoid drones that were closing in on Timeout/TL2/Sever and Daedalus.

That will bring up Gamma Buzz (depending on the results of his toughness save) @Supercape