Never Was (OOC)

Can Vueriz fly to Baz, change her Gun & Grenades Array to 

Alternate Power: [19PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (Magnetism, Radiation, Atomic Particles, Light, Aurora)

Dazzle 8 (Aurora Roarer; Visual Dazzle; Extras: Area [Cloud]; Feats: Ricochet, Thrown 1, Triggered 2; Flaws: Unreliable [5 Uses]; Drawbacks: Full Power) [19PP]

And set it to trigger if/when the Communion not effected by Baz gets within it's area, while making a lot of noise to draw their attention?

Edited by Kaede Kimura
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, as mentioned in chat, this will work as Blue Bolt flies up, tosses the grenade up as Baz is falling back to the ground. The drones are coming down and set off the grenade.

First reflex check vs the area: two make it

Reflex save vs. Dazzle: two make it, so two more dazzled.

@Thevshi

It just occurred to me, maybe you thought when I said Rot would copy Spaceman, that I meant like copy his actual powers. Nope. I just meant copy the concept of using a targeted area attack and taking ten on minions. Whatever she did would still be disintegration-based, of course. 

Edited by Huckleberry

@Huckleberry

No, I understood that it was just the idea of what Spaceman did not his actual powers.

So the issues I see:

First, Accuracy 4 breaks PL caps (as you have +3 BAB). So, it would be Accuracy 2 and Attack Focus: melee (as it is a no range, targeted burst area).

Second: I am not going to allow 8 ranks of progression (area) on the stunted power. Right now Rot has a shapable area with progression 2, which means she could make up to a 200' long area 5' wide, or some combination of area with the 5'x5' blocks, that is a large area, but no where near the 10,000' radius area 8 ranks of progression would allow. 2 ranks of progression is still a 200' radius burst. Considerably more than she is currently capable of (in the order of many, many magnitudes). I could even see allowing 3 ranks of area progression (out to 400' radius), but there are application issues.

Third: are the application issues. If you have 200' radius effect, Rot will need to fly up probably somewhere around 300' or so to avoid affecting anyone on the ground or other allies in the air with the area effect. Additionally getting that big, you will also have targets in the area that are not minions, and thus you will have to make an attack roll to hit ANY targets (no taking 10 on any of them). If you go to 400' radius, then you likely need to be 500-600' in the air to avoid allies/buildings (and again will require an attack roll)

Ok, what about the idea I said of just making it selective attack without the extra radius? I put that in there for the very reason of avoiding all the troubles you just pointed out. 

Rot has a base attack bonus of +1. I figured saying accuracy 4 and just neglect the last point, so it's +8 to hit and +8 damage was just easier than saying Accuracy 3 and linked Enhanced melee focus 1. I've seen players that are referees use that shorthand, so I figured it was okay. 

Edited by Huckleberry

So,

Damage 8 (Extra: Targeted Burst Area (40' radius); Selective; Feats; Accurate 3, Attack Focus: melee) {28/28}?

That is fine (and eliminates the issues above). As with Baz/Blue Bolt's combined attack, right now the biggest group Rot could get to of the insect drones is another group of 12 a bit further away above the plaza/park where everyone was gathered.

Okay, Rot attacks a dozen of the insect drones: two manage to make their toughness saves.

Putting this back up for reference:

Round One

38 Velocity (unharmed)

32 Gamma Buzz 2 HP (unharmed)

25 Insect Drones (many (12 around Baz/Blue Bold, 8 dazzled on round 1; 2 near Rot)

24 Timeout 5 HP (unharmed)

21 Blue Bolt 2 HP (unharmed)

21 Rot 4 HP (unharmed)

20 Spaceman 3 HP (unharmed)

20 Golden Star 2 HP (unharmed)

17 Torpedo Lass II  4 HP (unharmed)

15 Drones (many)

13 Needle Fighters (many)

10 Sever 1 HP (unharmed)

@RocketLord @Poncho Spaceman and Golden Star are then up.

Edited, to clear up a bit of confusion stemming from me being indecisive and coming up with ideas after posting:

I'll drop Spaceman to be after Golden Star in initiative order, so GS can get them both somewhere and Spaceman can start hitting people.

Edited by RocketLord

Alright!

I'm gonna grab Spaceman and taxi him over to a big pile of drones and toss him into it so he can disable them!

On the way over I'm gonna smack a minion drone so I get a standard action.

Since it's a minion, I'm just gonna take 10 for DC 24 Toughness. 

Okay, missed Golden Star was planning an attack along the way, will say it was one of the drones that resisted the two dazzles from Baz/Blue Bolt, but it gets a 25 on its toughness save and is fine.

I have a theory...

I believe that whatever is going on in regards to this masquerade, the target is Lawrence.

Since I've stuck to Lawrence like glue, I will hold my action to use to protect Lawrence if something poses a threat. Covering fire, or preventing a flank.

Okay, the regular drones on the ground will start moving in towards where Timeout, TL2, Sever and Daedalus are currently standing, though the closest are not even 200' away when they finish their moves.

A pair of needle fighters will attack Rot: 12 and 26, one miss and one hit. DC 25 toughness save @Huckleberry

Another pair go after Spaceman: 30 and 12, a miss, but a Critical Hit! DC 30 toughness save @RocketLord

A pair go after Golden Star: 16 and 11, both miss.

And finally two go after Blue Bolt: 12 and 12, moth missing as well.

Another four needle fighters crash down around where Timeout and the others are, deploying a dozen more of the drones all with 30' of the group.

Two more needle fighters land in the street further to the east, each releasing a swarm of a dozne of the flying insect like drones.

Okay, time for 

Round Two

38 Velocity (unharmed)

32 Gamma Buzz 2 HP (unharmed)

25 Insect Drones (many (12 around Baz/Blue Bolt, 8 dazzled on round 1); (2 near Rot); (2 near Golden Star/Spaceman); 36 others around the park at the heart of City Center)

24 Timeout 5 HP (unharmed)

21 Blue Bolt 2 HP (unharmed)

21 Rot 2 HP (unharmed)

20 Golden Star 2 HP (unharmed)

20 Spaceman 2 HP (unharmed)

17 Torpedo Lass II  4 HP (unharmed)

15 Drones (many: 14 are within 30’ of Timeout/TL2 (2 of those within 10’ of Sever); 8 are within 250’ of Timeout/TL2/Sever); other groups further out in area )

13 Needle Fighters (many)

10 Sever 1 HP (unharmed)

@Supercape Gamma Buzz is up!