"Oh no," Colt sighed as he saw the game of tag develop, "I reckon they're at't agin. Hey, Jack, how long ya reckon we got 'fore we need'ta pull'em off'a one'a 'nother?" He smiled jokingly at Jack, "I'll give ya two'ta one't this don't last more'n five minutes."

With a sideways glance at Wander he added, "Don't listen'ta her, they do this all'a th'time." Colt gave her a friendly smile. It was plain to see he not only was used to, but at least on some level, enjoyed the antics of his teammates.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, pretty much." piped up Eli. "If training comes off as a chore, you don't put your all into it. Make it into a game and suddenly everyone gets competitive and makes time in their schedule to do it." continues Eli, pointing out the method to the madness. "Making up the rules as you go along is pretty good practice too. It lets you be fluid and dynamic, while training your creativity."

"... Or at least that's the line we fed Doc when he wondered what the heck we were doing." admitted Eli with a shrug. "Speaking of... LIGHTNING ROUND!" shouted Eli before joining in the fray.

"Don't ask me how I ended up being the only one who takes training seriously," Jack warned Erin with an exasperated sigh, protesting perhaps a little too strongly. "...darnit, Zip, tag is not an excuse to try to cop a feel in front of company!" The swashbuckler vaulted into the fray, acrobatically sliding through the obstacles after the speedster.

Jill was right behind him, leaping over a low flying polyhedron and using it to spring into the air, tumbling through the beams of brightly coloured light. "You are such a hypocrite!" she accused.

"Y'know what I like about Wander? She's actually quiet sometimes." her brother retorted, kicking off of the far wall to reverse his trajectory.

The younger sibling rolled her eyes as she rolled along a trail of illuminated floor tiles. "Pfft, way to prove my point, Einstein."

"Aw why not? It's fun, you should try it! Besides, it's not coping a feel, it's giving myself a handicap to make sure I get the most out of training." Eli jokingly retorted, as he clung to an upside down triangle spinning rapidly. You could see electricity arcing across his hands and feet. "Trying to see if I can stick to walls with static cling alone." explained Eli. "...Needs work." he told Erin midair as he went bodily flying past her a moment later having been thrown from the simulation.

Recovering from his failed attempt, Eli stood next to Erin watching the scene before them. "Not really your thing is it? Or is this just so far outside your comfort zone you're not even sure where to begin?"

Erin looked at Eli, a little surprised. "I could do it," she said with a shrug. "I think I get the idea of it pretty well, and I do acrobatics drills like that all the time. But it's a drill for your team, isn't it? If I go in there, it'll mess up the rhythm and everybody else won't get as much benefit from the training." She paused a second, then shrugged again and finished, "It seems like it would be rude."

Eli looked at her dumbfounded. "Do we really look like we have anywhere near that level of structure?" He chuckled a bit. "It's a drill, it's people using their powers and abilities to just relax and have fun. No drills, no time limit, and no rules except for the ones you make up on the spot. We make super hero teams because we know nobody can go it along. What's the point of doing a team exercise if you have to exclude people in order to do it? You gonna get in there or not?" replies Eli sounding a little more mature since last Erin talked with him.

"You're mine!"

Grim squealed in delighted panic when she looked over her shoulder and spotted the human freight train barreling down on her; she waited until Mona was just within arm's reach to drop to the floor and go all squishy. Then the pool of super-slick Grimglamour arched through the air and hit the ceiling with a splat, where she resumed her human form, albeit upside down and slicking out her tongue.

"Your too slow, old woman!" She conjured three glass bottles on her fingers, and started to clink them together rhythmically while grinning like an idiot. "Interceptors, come out to play-ay!"

"I reckon there ain't no help fer't." Colt regarded Wander with a helpless look and a shrug. He began backing away from her towards the training session and the obstacles. "Eli's right. You keep carryin' on like that'n I wouldn't be none to surprised if'n ya'd hurt Vince's feelin's." Colt then backflipped over one of the obstacles and charged into the fray. For all of his steadiness and slow movement that Wander had seen, it was surprising how spry Colt was. The fluidity of his movements was such that it rivaled his swashbuckling friend Jack.

"Really? You can find better references than that, Grim!" teased Mona as she overshot Grim's previous spot.

Fulcrum kicked off the wall and hopped into the air. Up she fell, so to speak, instead of flying. She twisted in mid air and backhanded a spinning helical barrier before 'dropping' boots first toward the shapeshifter! Oh that one could hurt! Again Grim's sheer gracefulness would save her from any serious harm. Of that much Fulcrum was completely certain.

Those few seconds of reverse free fall let her take in the new participants. "Alright! A real team exercise!"

"Yeah, all right," Erin said, still not sounding entirely sure. Even so, she took a moment to gauge the patterns of the flying, flashing objects then jumped into the game, ignoring the side game of tag in favor of hitting the flashing lights as they popped up. She was as graceful as anyone there, if nowhere near as fast as Dynamo, and had a focused intensity that let her concentrate through the noise and dazzle as she leapt, flipped, and swung around the room.

Elsewhere, unknown to the assembled heroes (though likely suspected by some), another watched the team go through its 'training,' assessing their moves, their actions and reactions, and the superhuman skills on display.

Wheee!!!

"Lynn has been practicing," Archeville mused, turning from the video feed and examining the readouts, "and Eric and William both remain in top form. And Vince -- oh, I am so proud of my 'little man'! They seem to have adjusted well to taking orders from him, as I had predicted, though it is still a relief to see it in action." He turned to another set of readouts, "Energy readings from Eli and Mona are at optimal levels... speaking of, I do need to see if Ellie will let me get a read on hers, they would be a boon to ArcheTech's medical division."

I will polish them into diamonds yet!

Then he looked up at Wander. "Hrm... last time you saw me, there was some... unpleasantness, and for that -- as well as the fact I am still keeping my involvement with the team a secret -- I think I shall not pop over. Though Eli did almost spill the beans... but Erin did not seem to notice; perhaps she thinks he referred to Vince as 'Doc'."